Kenneth uncut footage!

John P. Hayes

Mar 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/14/00
In article <20000314233704...@ng-fn1.aol.com>,
ult...@aol.com (UltimoV) wrote:

>I found it! I remember before I got and played RE:DC. I had a game players
>CD
>and in the previews they showed the Kenneth footage uncut! I was surprised
>(back then) when I played the game, what happenend?

Which one is the kenneth footage? Isn't Kenneth the first dude you find
dead? So it would be the footage off the zombie looking over its
shoulder? Wow, didn't know that was cut!

>I got the footage from an old "Game Players" magazine which came with free
>CD.
>Is this magazine still produced? Anyway I ask: How do I upload it into a
>newsgroup post. I tried, but can find no option to do it.
>the footage runs in quicktime.

If it is small enough you could put it on an ftp somewhere and serve it.
I don't think aol allows posting of binaries sorry. If you know about
icq and such you could file transfer it. Perhaps you know a good friend
with a high bandwidth account who could do this for you?

>As for the uncut beginning? I'm looking for that also. I remember that the
>Capcom site (back then) had it. I think the press release line for the
>original
>RE:DC release was that. Capcom meant for it to be "Uncut" however someone
>in
>production screwed up and put in the cut footage. Production of the game
>was
>already in process, when they recognized what happened. Therefore, they
>just
>left it as is. Does anyone else remember this press release like
>statement?

I have the uncut intro with german subtitles burned to a cd around here
somewhere. I grabbed it from a fansite, think it was called "The horror
is alive", you'll know it is the right one when it wont stop looping
some sound effect of "The horror...is ALIVE!" ad nauseum.

>However, when they went back and made the RE:DC DS edition, why not
>include
>the footage then? I never bought the DS version (no need), however if
>anyone
>has it.. I ask: Is it still edited and cut?

Capcom is full of wacky shit. Probably made up that story or something
like it happened. I doubt they remembered to add the correct footage.
:-(

--
Visit the Campaign Against VillageTronic homepage at
http://home.pacbell.net/jp_hayes/avt.html

UltimoV

Michael Schmidt

Mar 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/17/00

> I got the footage from an old "Game Players" magazine which came with free CD.
> Is this magazine still produced?

No, Game Players isn't produced any longer. A shame, since it was very frickin
funny... But I have a few older issues with stuff like that in it... only pics, no
CDs, though... it was mostly some strange stuff, like when they accidentally did a
review of the beta version of Biohazard 1 with a strategy, leaving the readers with
a few details about the beta that are kinda interesting. Also, a few weird
screenshots of RE1's beta... like a message in blood on the wall, and such things
like that. I'm planning on eventually making an RE website with these pictures on
it when I have free time...

John P. Hayes

Mar 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/17/00
In article <38d27a83$0$87...@news.execpc.com>, Michael Schmidt
<mike...@execpc.com> wrote:

My lord Gameplayer was the FUNNIEST, bar NONE, game mag for over a year
untill they actually tried to get rid of that humor for Ultra
Gameplayers or whatever. They were still decent after that but their
hilarious reviews and hidden jokes alone were worth the price of the
magazine, let alone the actual info they had in a "sorta" timely manner.
As good as anyone I suppose!

Felix Hunt

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00

John P. Hayes <jp_h...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> In article <20000314233704...@ng-fn1.aol.com>,
> ult...@aol.com (UltimoV) wrote:
>
> >I found it! I remember before I got and played RE:DC. I had a game
players
> >CD
> >and in the previews they showed the Kenneth footage uncut! I was
surprised
> >(back then) when I played the game, what happenend?
>
> Which one is the kenneth footage? Isn't Kenneth the first dude you find
> dead? So it would be the footage off the zombie looking over its
> shoulder? Wow, didn't know that was cut!

in the jap version you saw kenneth's head rolling along the floor, or
something like that

John P. Hayes

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00
In article <8b062g$7o3$1...@quince.news.easynet.net>, "Felix Hunt"
<sh...@ro.easynet.co.uk> wrote:

Keen! :-)

Michael Pugliese

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
The kenneth uncut footage is in the PC version of resident evil.I played the
game and like a month later the beginning cutscene was in color and you got
to see joseph's bloody body.Also kenneth's head rolled over with his face in
your sight.
"UltimoV" <ult...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I found it! I remember before I got and played RE:DC. I had a game players
CD
> and in the previews they showed the Kenneth footage uncut! I was surprised
> (back then) when I played the game, what happenend?
>
> I got the footage from an old "Game Players" magazine which came with free
CD.

magius eternal

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
It's still cut. Capcom claimed (according to EGM, I believe) that it wasn't
worth the effort to put in the uncut intro. Effort? You're just putting in a
freakin' FMV clip!

--magius

Richard Barnes

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00

magius eternal <mag...@purdue.edu> wrote in message

> It's still cut. Capcom claimed (according to EGM, I believe) that it
wasn't
> worth the effort to put in the uncut intro. Effort? You're just putting in
> freakin' FMV clip!
Ive found it on the SSM front mount CD! (Yes, I OWN A SATURN!) Why remove
it? It's cool
--
Richard Barnes
Zombie empathiser

Spencer57

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
ARRRHHHH! A S-A-T-U-R-N? AARRRRHHHHHH!!. *ahem* sorry about that...

Richard Barnes <arca...@theseed.net> wrote in message

John P. Hayes

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
In article <dAyB4.1195$Eq.2...@nnrp4.clara.net>, "Spencer57"
<antony...@freeuk.com> wrote:

>ARRRHHHH! A S-A-T-U-R-N? AARRRRHHHHHH!!. *ahem* sorry about that...

Ohyeah! SATURN! SATURN! nyah...SAturN! heheheh....

Arcangel

Mar 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/27/00

> In article <dAyB4.1195$Eq.2...@nnrp4.clara.net>, "Spencer57"
> <antony...@freeuk.com> wrote:
>
> >ARRRHHHH! A S-A-T-U-R-N? AARRRRHHHHHH!!. *ahem* sorry about that...
>
> Ohyeah! SATURN! SATURN! nyah...SAturN! heheheh....
Oh come on, it wasn't that bad a machine.... it just didn't have good enough
graphics, but it loaded faster...