Resident Evil 1.5

Veronesis

Jul 8, 2001, 5:53:17 PM7/8/01
A little too rich for my blood-

<A
HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1253016943">eBay
item 1253016943 (Ends Jul-08-01 18:40:28…</A>

Dennis Groome

Jul 8, 2001, 6:06:41 PM7/8/01
is this even real?

--

-Dennis H. Groome V
ICQ 11430261 AIM: AmoNympham

Veronesis <vero...@aol.comX> wrote in message

> item 1253016943 (Ends Jul-08-01 18:40:28.</A>

Veronesis

Jul 8, 2001, 11:31:26 PM7/8/01
Well, for the sake of everyone involved. I hope it is real because $1025.00
definitely classifies as grand theft if it's not.

<< Subject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5
From: "Dennis Groome" NOSPAM...@home.com
Date: Sun, Jul 8, 2001 6:06 PM

Dr.Birkin

Jul 9, 2001, 12:08:09 AM7/9/01
Normally I'd say no but both people seem legit and both people have had high
priced items before. It could be real since I believe a few copies were sent
to reveiwers before the plug was officially pulled.

Anyone who would pay a thousand dollars for a resident evil game is dumb
enough to be in this group, er.. I mean a big enough fan I'm surprised we
haven't seen him around.

For his sake I hope he doesn't get ripped like I think he will be.
"Dennis Groome" <NOSPAM...@home.com> wrote in message

Pure Evil

Jul 9, 2001, 12:35:39 AM7/9/01

Cough...fake? Or probably the buyer will receive a Resident Evil 2 Demo
Verison(the one included in Resident Evil Director's Cut)
OR maybe it's Resident Evil 2 Beta Version(same as Resident Evil 2 just
incomplete skins, models, missing details in backgrounds,
debug mode, etc...) OR it's probably the actual Resident Evil 1.5.

We will never know :(

Like Veronesis said, "A little too rich for my blood"

Wesker38

Jul 9, 2001, 5:06:12 PM7/9/01
if it is real its a damn shame it hasn't been spread amoungst the RE
community, heh I'd be spewing if it turned out to be the RE2 beta demo. I
wonder how much is "playable".

Wesker38

"Pure Evil" <cyber...@home.com> wrote in message

LeslieTong

Jul 9, 2001, 3:17:38 AM7/9/01

playable BioHazard 2 Trial version,sounds like the demo disc included in BH 1
director' cut................

I wonder what kind of feedback is the buyer going to leave............

Leslie

Shayne Murray

Jul 9, 2001, 6:49:36 AM7/9/01
Its a fake come on you think this guy or any owns it and wouldnt copy it and
make tons of money off it.
I know i could make more than a thousand dollars off that if i had it, and
if thats real then there more out there and they two would be going around
the black market.
And he didnt say if it was original (the real copy of the demo of re 1.5) or
a burnt copy of re 1.5.
Cause if it was burnt he would be selling a lot more (mind you he wouldnt
get alot for each but he could keep poping them out) and make alot more
money, but he sells the only good copy he has?
Maybe he has a backup and is selling the real one, and after he sells that
for a G, then he starts selling the copied ones. muhahahah
Did you look at his history (past sales) it keeps showing the 4 wheeler
??????????
Why is the 4 wheeler allways up selling those lights, and hes new to ebay
so maybe he sold a couple of things for the past 2 months to get a good
name just to fuck someone over for a G.
It could be like you guys have said and its demo of re2, but then again he
showed pics of the unrealeased game re 1.5 and thats false advertising
hehehe :)

Good bye.

"LeslieTong" <je...@idx.com.au> wrote in message

Ford Prefect

Jul 9, 2001, 7:00:36 AM7/9/01

> playable BioHazard 2 Trial version,sounds like the demo disc included in
BH 1
> director' cut................
>
> I wonder what kind of feedback is the buyer going to leave............
>
> Leslie

If it really IS the lost artifact of RE 1.5, then I hope the guy who paid so
much money will be thinking about maybe "recovering" some of his expenses,
in other words:

a) Burning CDR copies of this holy grail, and
b) Posting in this newsgroup offering to sell them direct to the fans.

We can but dream after all...

(e)magius

Jul 9, 2001, 9:51:06 AM7/9/01
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Dr.Birkin wrote:

> Normally I'd say no but both people seem legit and both people have had high
> priced items before. It could be real since I believe a few copies were sent
> to reveiwers before the plug was officially pulled.

Copies were not sent to reviewers. They were only given screenshots and
movies, not the actual game.

> Anyone who would pay a thousand dollars for a resident evil game is dumb
> enough to be in this group, er.. I mean a big enough fan I'm surprised we
> haven't seen him around.

Anyone stupid enough to pay $1000 on an Ebay auction for something
that's with 99% likelihood a fake would be too stupid to use usenet --
unless he/she were an AOL or WebTV user. =) Or perhaps he/she is
incredibly wealthy and laughs, amused at our attempts to come to grips
with a $1000 bid on "RE 1.5".

Best,

--Imad "(e)magius" Hussain

"I have put on the mask of the sorcerer to hide my true self, but I am
revealed, for the mask has become my own face." -- Darrell Schweitzer,
_The Mask of the Sorcerer_

Pure Evil

Jul 9, 2001, 11:55:25 AM7/9/01

It's probably the Resident Evil 2 Demo Disc from Resident Evil Director's Cut.
I can probably do that too. Let's see...hmmm....I can write up a description
saying "it's Resident Evil 2 the actual Resident Evil 1.5" and "...the trial
version
of Biohazard 2". Making the buyer think it's Resident Evil 1.5 but in reality
it's the demo of Resident Evil 2. Then I would add some screenshots
from Resident Evil 1.5(not from the actual cd but from web sites like
Bioflames).

I'm done! Then I'll make thousands of dollars selling that Resident Evil 2 Demo.

Also if it was the real Resident Evil 1.5 then why didn't the seller take
screenshots of
the cd or in-game screenshots instead of stealing pictures off of a web site? Oh
wait,
let me guess, the seller doesn't have a camera. Good excuse....right.

Computer Whizz

Jul 9, 2001, 1:59:15 PM7/9/01
Well actually we will. It even tells us!
It's a demo of the original RE2 (RE1.5). It's only a demo and god know's I
wouldn't buy it.
I'd only pay up for the actual game, then copy them on my mates PC and
request all your addresses! I'd send 'em to you at no cost :)
That's the kinda guy I am! :P
But since there are no released version's and it only got to 70% completion
then I doubt any of this will happen :(

--
**Comp' Whizz**
(\\Smartie-Lid Collector//)

Pure Evil <cyber...@home.com> wrote in message

Computer Whizz

Jul 9, 2001, 2:10:20 PM7/9/01
hey, look at the description.
The page actually says that it's selling the demo of RE2, but it is the
RE1.5 demo.
I don't know why he would give so much money for a demo though!?
I would pay twice that much for the ACTUAL RE1.5 game but I wouldn't pay
more than £50 for the demo!
He's a fool, or he just didn't read the description right!
:)

--
**Comp' Whizz**
(\\Smartie-Lid Collector//)
-- ICQ:72877360
You entered the mansion...
Where you thought it was safe...
But..

Ford Prefect <fordp...@betelgeuse-five.hoopyfrood.co.uk> wrote in message

JShaw71753

Jul 9, 2001, 3:08:06 PM7/9/01
>game but I wouldn't pay
>more than £50 for the demo!

I don't think it'sa demo it the unfinshed 1.5
::begins the drool::

O god what if.. and then what.. and what would.. arrgghh ::runs off into a
corner and begins to rock back and forth::

that's jus' friggin great now what I am supposed to do??

JShaw71753

Jul 9, 2001, 3:08:43 PM7/9/01
>Copies were not sent to reviewers. They were only given screenshots and
>movies, not the actual game

what about game testers??

LeslieTong

Jul 9, 2001, 3:09:33 PM7/9/01
Ford Prefect wrote:

you might end up with a copy of BH2 trial verison from BH's DC :)

actually,come to think of it,if that buyer really brought a lemon,this might be
a good idea
of recovering some of his cost LOL

also,a little OT,a while ago i heard someone on ebay aunctioned off a PS2 empty
box for about $600............

Leslie

thomas Jardine

Jul 9, 2001, 5:55:00 PM7/9/01
Wow, wish I had a thousand bucks plus tho throw around, and they didn't even
say what platform the game worked on (Guess someone is going to mount it on
their wall). 8-{}oooo

Tom (the old & poor guy)

"Veronesis" <vero...@aol.comX> wrote in message

> item 1253016943 (Ends Jul-08-01 18:40:28.</A>

Adam Smith

Jul 9, 2001, 6:26:59 PM7/9/01

"Computer Whizz" <old48...@ICQmail.com> wrote in message

> Well actually we will. It even tells us!
> It's a demo of the original RE2 (RE1.5). It's only a demo and god know's I
> wouldn't buy it.
> I'd only pay up for the actual game, then copy them on my mates PC and
> request all your addresses! I'd send 'em to you at no cost :)
> That's the kinda guy I am! :P

I would do the same thing. Well I'd probably send one to Rob and then think
about sending it to the rest of you but mysteriously forget =)

Adam Smith

Jul 9, 2001, 6:31:30 PM7/9/01
<snip>

> also,a little OT,a while ago i heard someone on ebay aunctioned off a PS2
empty
> box for about $600............

Hahahah yeah I saw that auction, dumbass didn't read it properly I think.

> Leslie

Adam Smith

Jul 9, 2001, 6:32:36 PM7/9/01

"JShaw71753" <jshaw...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >Copies were not sent to reviewers. They were only given screenshots and
> >movies, not the actual game
>
> what about game testers??

They looked at screenshots and said "Bah too much like Resident Evil 1, the
fat zombies are buggy" so it got canned. Lets get them guys!

Rob McGregor

Jul 9, 2001, 7:29:44 PM7/9/01
JShaw71753 wrote:

You don't need game testers for unfinished games ya know. You don't
incoporate them till your basically finished and just need to test it for
bugs.

Rob McGregor

Jul 9, 2001, 7:29:48 PM7/9/01
Adam Smith wrote:

> "Computer Whizz" <old48...@ICQmail.com> wrote in message
> > Well actually we will. It even tells us!
> > It's a demo of the original RE2 (RE1.5). It's only a demo and god know's I
> > wouldn't buy it.
> > I'd only pay up for the actual game, then copy them on my mates PC and
> > request all your addresses! I'd send 'em to you at no cost :)
> > That's the kinda guy I am! :P
>
> I would do the same thing. Well I'd probably send one to Rob and then think
> about sending it to the rest of you but mysteriously forget =)

LOL... well if I got it, I'd be sending copies to several webmasters and people
I know who would enjoy it, who each in turn would send it to several others, and
the would each send it to several people etc. Eventually it would be very
public.

Adam Smith

Jul 9, 2001, 7:39:43 PM7/9/01

"Rob McGregor" <rom...@new-blood.com> wrote in message

I thought as much, which is why I would send it to you =)

Wesker38

Jul 10, 2001, 12:21:19 PM7/10/01
!!! I got this response from the bidder? !!! my email is below his. !!!

Have you contacted the seller in regards to making you a copy, if so, what
was his response. I seem to be having some trouble communicating with the
seller. I don't think the seller has a copy himself because he can't even
send me pictures of the item. All the pictures he has posted have been off
the internet. I find it strange that he has pictures for all his other
auction items and not this.
He's claiming ebay won't let him sell an import game, even if it is an
original (regardless of the fact that he sold other import games before).
Sorry I can't help you out, but can you please reply and let me know if you
have contacted the seller.
Thank you.
PS. if everything does work out I won't have any problems getting you a
copy... but I doubt it!

Jul 9, 2001, 11:13:43 PM7/9/01
>You don't need game testers for unfinished games ya know. You don't
>incoporate them till your basically finished and just need to test it for
>bugs.

No i didn't know that and i thought gam testing throughout the games cylces
Beta so on and so forth

Pure Evil

Jul 9, 2001, 11:32:38 PM7/9/01

Nope. It would be hard for the game testers playing unfinished games(from 10%
to 100%)
It's best to complete a game then release it for the game testers. This way,
they
can track down all of the bugs & glitches and after the fix shouldn't
cause any conflicts (if you fix the bugs in mid production, conflicts may occur

during the final production of the game).

Well it's good to know things like this :D

Veronesis

Jul 9, 2001, 11:34:06 PM7/9/01
I e-mailed the guy before the cost got way out of hand and I asked him who was
playable in the Game. He said Elza Walker, but no mention of Leon.

I have the D.C. RE2 Demo & Beta Version of RE 2. Elza doesn't appear in or is
playable in either. The only 1.5 demo's that I know of out there are not
playable either, they are just video clips.

From the description & answer I received from him. It doesn't leave much room
for speculation. It's either actually 1.5 or a flat out scam.

It would be great if it is true, because I'm sure he would make some more
copies & sell em. Eventually it will start to make the rounds

-Just a thought - the game is unfinished so how unsatisfying would it be to pay
that much & have the game just freeze when there is no data left to play. I
can't even fathom how irritated I would be

Dennis Groome

Jul 9, 2001, 11:37:55 PM7/9/01
beta testing is one of the last stages, after the game has been "code
locked" which means new features will not be added. by beta testing all
they're looking for is bugs

--

-Dennis H. Groome V
ICQ 11430261 AIM: AmoNympham

JShaw71753 <jshaw...@aol.com> wrote in message

Pure Evil

Jul 9, 2001, 11:38:45 PM7/9/01

Quite odd. It's another fake like some of the stuff ebay use to have like a
live human
heart or someone's ex-wife.
I bet the seller is just selling the Resident Evil 2 Demo from Resident Evil
Director's
Cut or just posted it up there on ebay to make a fool out of himself.

I said this before in my early e-mail response as I quote:

End quote.

Bongo

Jul 10, 2001, 2:46:34 AM7/10/01
Speaking of RE demos, I read once that there is an alternate route to the
police station in RE2. I think it might just be in the demo or you may need
Gameshark to access it. Anyone know about this?

Also, is there anyway to extract the prerendered backgrounds from the RE
discs? I would like to use one of them as a desktop picture on my computer.

-B O N G O

Rob McGregor

Jul 10, 2001, 3:40:35 AM7/10/01

JShaw71753 wrote:

Most developers are their own bug testers throughout the actual development.
Testers aren't hired until it comes close to actually making the game gold,
giving short time for tests and then any changes before the final master is
made and games are printed.

Rob McGregor

Jul 10, 2001, 3:40:43 AM7/10/01

Bongo wrote:

In the demo that came with REDC you went straight from the back of the gun shop,
past the BBall court, over a dumpster (where the van is in the full game) and
around to the gate. You can use a Gameshark code to get it in the full game.

I'm not sure if this is what your talking about or not, because thats all I can
think of.

Dr.Birkin

Jul 10, 2001, 8:27:10 AM7/10/01
I remember hearing that also Rob. Capcom sent pics to the game magazines
saying that their would be alternate routes but then decided that no one
would go through the BBall court so they put the van in the way.

I'm not good at mapping, how much easier would it have been without the van?

"Rob McGregor" <rom...@new-blood.com> wrote in message

Computer Whizz

Jul 10, 2001, 2:27:00 PM7/10/01

Adam Smith <Adam...@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

ARRRRHHHHHHHH!!!!!
#run's at the game's reviewer sitting at the desk, grabs him and hold him to
his desk#
Reviewer: "What... what the hell??"
Comp: "Shut-up!!"
#Comp aim's a magnum desert eagle (a home-made replica of the gun from RE2)
at his head and yells at him.#
Comp: "NOW WHY DID YOU GIVE RE1.5 A BAD REVIEW??? HUH??
HHHUUUUUHHHHH!!!!!!????!!!!"
Reviewer: "Well I almost became a Jill sandwich.... I mean, I didn't!!
HONEST!!! Please let me gooooooo!!! #starts to cry# please!!!! You're making
me LOOOOOOOSSSEEEEE!!!!"
#Comp get's hold of the gaming system and smashes it on the floor.#
Comp: "AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

LOL :)
I'll teach that SOB to give RE1.5 a bad review!!!
"GGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!"

Computer Whizz

Jul 10, 2001, 2:32:10 PM7/10/01

Veronesis <vero...@aol.comX> wrote in message

OMG!!!! You're SOOOOO right!
:)
Just imagine it, you're Elza, going through a door. You hear a crash, a
scream and someone going "Ahhhhhhhh!!!! It's........" and then it freezes,
20/30 minute's from the end of the game!! :)
LOLOLOL!!

Computer Whizz

Jul 10, 2001, 2:38:07 PM7/10/01

Dr.Birkin <bir...@umbrella.org> wrote in message

> I remember hearing that also Rob. Capcom sent pics to the game magazines
> saying that their would be alternate routes but then decided that no one
> would go through the BBall court so they put the van in the way.
>
> I'm not good at mapping, how much easier would it have been without the
van?

Well considering it would go STRAIGHT to the gate, avoiding half the
zombies, it would have made it 10 times easier to get to the police station
without picking up item's!
I mean it would take 2 minute's to get to police station instead of 5-10!!!

The Fun Lovin Criminal

Jul 10, 2001, 3:03:09 PM7/10/01
>> I remember hearing that also Rob. Capcom sent pics to the game magazines
>> saying that their would be alternate routes but then decided that no one
>> would go through the BBall court so they put the van in the way.
>>
>> I'm not good at mapping, how much easier would it have been without the
>van?
>>

>Well considering it would go STRAIGHT to the gate, avoiding half the
>zombies, it would have made it 10 times easier to get to the police station
>without picking up item's!
>I mean it would take 2 minute's to get to police station instead of 5-10!!!
>
>--
>**Comp' Whizz**
>(\\Smartie-Lid Collector//)
>-- ICQ:72877360
>You entered the mansion...
>Where you thought it was safe...
>But..

Ok this is a bit off topic but isn't their supposed to be a way too get a view
of outside the police station gates (the entrance you go in in re3) in resident
evil 2? I've tried doing the trick (forgoten what it was now) on re2 on psx and
dreamcast and also the beta demo but it dosen't work on any of them.

~~The Fun Lovin' Criminal~~

Shayne Murray

Jul 10, 2001, 3:27:55 PM7/10/01
You can do it ive done it its cool.
I dont know how i done it, all i did was walk up the gate and click the one
button (i think its the door opening button), again i cant remember.
but ive done it promise, its cool you see your self on the other side of
the gate.
Maybe try going back there when your on the second run thought, cause i
remember doing it in the middle of a game, when i try and go and do it from
the start it never works, so theres a secret to it maybe?.

About the demo and the differnt route, it did have that on the demo of re2,
i remember that cause when i got the game it was gone, and i thought that
was wierd, cause i kind of rememberd it.

BTW i remember the first time i went thought the shop i never searched the
shop so the zombies never crashed thought the door, then i was in the
alleyway way it stops the game and you here him get attacked.
Then when i played it again the normal way searching the zombies came
through the door i thought that was cool that even if you pass that action,
it will still happen in the alleyway.

"The Fun Lovin Criminal" <funlv...@aol.com> wrote in message

JShaw71753

Jul 10, 2001, 3:59:17 PM7/10/01
I;ll never look at my conputer the same way ::slowly backs away from his
computer and pulls the plug:: HA gotcha biatch :)

Computer Whizz

Jul 10, 2001, 5:04:47 PM7/10/01

The Fun Lovin Criminal <funlv...@aol.com> wrote in message

Well, it isn't EXCELLENT but it's a nice add-in. I wouldn't say it's a
secret either..... I got it in my first run!
All you have to do is go up to the gate and click X, then it show's you a
shot from the other side...... BEWARE::: you can only do this ONCE!! Once
you step out of that camera angle you can't get it back.
If I can remember rightly, there are three zombies on the other side, it
doesn't show you much BTW. You just get to see the whole gate and maybe a
car on the left. I wasn't too impressed.

Adam Smith

Jul 10, 2001, 5:57:34 PM7/10/01

"Rob McGregor" <rom...@new-blood.com> wrote in message

Sounds like it anyway. I can't remember if I ever found a code I could use
for that or not.

JShaw71753

Jul 10, 2001, 10:33:45 PM7/10/01
>Well considering it would go STRAIGHT to the gate, avoiding half the
>zombies, it would have made it 10 times easier to get to the police station
>without picking up item's!
>I mean it would take 2 minute's to get to police station instead of 5-10!!!

should've lengthed that route over the dumpster, I would have liked to se more
of the RE2 racoon city instead of being cooked up in the rpd and having every
thing connect so easily in racoon I wanted more outdoor in re2 that's the only
thing I didn't like about the game...

JShaw71753

Jul 10, 2001, 10:36:28 PM7/10/01
Did u get both handgun bullet boxes (stupid question I know) the box in the
upper croner will trigger the zombies vs. Kendo scene

Warzau

Jul 10, 2001, 11:29:20 PM7/10/01
What makes me curious and probably makes it seem more of a fake, is the
seller has only been selling those lights for ATVs. He has sold only a
handful of Import Games, but as it was stated the pictures were screen shot
that have always been available. If this is the case and when the buyer does
receive a demo from RE:DC it out and out fraud!
That seller better get a lawyer since the buyer can afford to throw a grand
or so on a supposedly unreleased game, I m sure he has money to chase him
down and sue.
On another topic I had those PS underground disc sent to me, anyone ever get
those, well there was secret section where you can access a video of the
demo and it looked cool, boy was I disappointed when they decided to dump
it.

"Veronesis" <vero...@aol.comX> wrote in message

> A little too rich for my blood-
>
> <A

HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1253016943">eBa
> item 1253016943 (Ends Jul-08-01 18:40:28.</A>

Rob McGregor

Jul 11, 2001, 3:06:43 AM7/11/01
Computer Whizz wrote:

> Veronesis <vero...@aol.comX> wrote in message

> > -Just a thought - the game is unfinished so how unsatisfying would it be
> to pay
> > that much & have the game just freeze when there is no data left to play.
> > can't even fathom how irritated I would be
> >

> OMG!!!! You're SOOOOO right!
> :)
> Just imagine it, you're Elza, going through a door. You hear a crash, a
> scream and someone going "Ahhhhhhhh!!!! It's........" and then it freezes,
> 20/30 minute's from the end of the game!! :)
> LOLOLOL!!
>
> --
> **Comp' Whizz**
> (\\Smartie-Lid Collector//)
> -- ICQ:72877360
> You entered the mansion...
> Where you thought it was safe...
> But..

I doubt it. If it was a general press demo then it would be setup not to do
that, it would have a starting and finishing point. It's a developers beta, then
chances are there will be a debug area which will give access to whatever is on
the disk (much like the BH2 Betas that are floating around out there).

Warzau

Jul 11, 2001, 5:00:38 AM7/11/01
Just checked up on the buyer/seller feed back and this is what the seller
wrote about the buyer

Left by Date Item# S/B
yamablaster0 (18) Jul-09-01 1253016943 B
Praise : understadning buyer, great to deal w/ heard my side of story :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm wonder what happened?

The Fun Lovin Criminal

Jul 11, 2001, 2:44:18 PM7/11/01
>Well, it isn't EXCELLENT but it's a nice add-in. I wouldn't say it's a
>secret either..... I got it in my first run!
>All you have to do is go up to the gate and click X, then it show's you a
>shot from the other side...... BEWARE::: you can only do this ONCE!! Once
>you step out of that camera angle you can't get it back.
>If I can remember rightly, there are three zombies on the other side, it
>doesn't show you much BTW. You just get to see the whole gate and maybe a
>car on the left. I wasn't too impressed.
>
>--
>**Comp' Whizz**

Thanks for answering both of you. I just tried it a couple of times and then
passed it off as bollocks when I couldn't do it. If it is true though and run
through it again and do it.

~~The Fun Lovin' Criminal~~

Computer Whizz

Jul 11, 2001, 2:59:27 PM7/11/01

The Fun Lovin Criminal <funlv...@aol.com> wrote in message
<snip ME!!!...... HEY!!!!>

> Thanks for answering both of you. I just tried it a couple of times and
then
> passed it off as bollocks when I couldn't do it. If it is true though and
run
> through it again and do it.
>
> ~~The Fun Lovin' Criminal~~

No! It is true!
When you get up to the front of the RPD, go straight up to the gate (where
you come through with Jill in RE3) and press X right in the middle. Don't
move, just press X and the camera angle should change to the other side,
where there are 2/3 zombies to aim at and kill. You can't really see much
but it's a nice view. I tried it on my first run through the game and I got
it up. I'm gonna try it again tomorrow to see if it still works....... I
remember it clearly though!!
:?

The Fun Lovin Criminal

Jul 11, 2001, 5:07:53 PM7/11/01
>No! It is true!
>When you get up to the front of the RPD, go straight up to the gate (where
>you come through with Jill in RE3) and press X right in the middle. Don't
>move, just press X and the camera angle should change to the other side,
>where there are 2/3 zombies to aim at and kill. You can't really see much
>but it's a nice view. I tried it on my first run through the game and I got
>it up. I'm gonna try it again tomorrow to see if it still works....... I
>remember it clearly though!!
>:?

Yea I know, I took your word for it. I said more or less that now I know it's
true I'll run through again and have another crack at it.

You feeling alright tonight comp'? You be sounding high boy.

~~The Fun Lovin' Criminal~~

Adam Smith

Jul 11, 2001, 5:13:52 PM7/11/01

> >No! It is true!
> >When you get up to the front of the RPD, go straight up to the gate
(where
> >you come through with Jill in RE3) and press X right in the middle. Don't
> >move, just press X and the camera angle should change to the other side,
> >where there are 2/3 zombies to aim at and kill. You can't really see much
> >but it's a nice view. I tried it on my first run through the game and I
got
> >it up. I'm gonna try it again tomorrow to see if it still works....... I
> >remember it clearly though!!
> >:?
>
> Yea I know, I took your word for it. I said more or less that now I know
it's
> true I'll run through again and have another crack at it.

It doesn't work every time. I can't remember exactly why. Maybe Rob knows.

Computer Whizz

Jul 11, 2001, 5:50:29 PM7/11/01

The Fun Lovin Criminal <funlv...@aol.com> wrote in message

Quite close!
I've been drinking Coke.... not Coke-Coke, but the caffeine drink!
I haven't had it in such a long time....... ahhhhhhhh!!
I don't smoke, or drink. I hate alcohol :(
I LOVE PORN, but I can't find anything good at the mo...... I'll have a look
at the stuff I got zipped and encrypted! :)
It might be because of this new forum I joined...... it's been a bad
influence on me! I'll leave in a day or two, I like the site and the boards
but it's a bad influence :) I think you go there to! :)

Dr.Birkin

Jul 12, 2001, 3:45:52 AM7/12/01
Does anyone know who the seller and buyer were. The item seems to have
expired off of ebay already, which is odd since it usually takes 30 days. Of
course the fact that the link was posted using html script in a non html
format makes it even more complicated.

I tried using the item number gleamed from the destroyed url and it came up
blank, perhaps it was a hoax and ebay pulled it, or they could have pulled
it because it's not liscensed for sale in the US.
"Warzau" <war...@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message

Ford Prefect

Jul 12, 2001, 5:26:10 AM7/12/01

> "The Fun Lovin Criminal" <funlv...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > >No! It is true!
> > >When you get up to the front of the RPD, go straight up to the gate
> (where
> > >you come through with Jill in RE3) and press X right in the middle.
Don't
> > >move, just press X and the camera angle should change to the other
side,
> > >where there are 2/3 zombies to aim at and kill. You can't really see
much
> > >but it's a nice view. I tried it on my first run through the game and I
> got
> > >it up. I'm gonna try it again tomorrow to see if it still works.......
> > >remember it clearly though!!
> > >:?
> >
> > Yea I know, I took your word for it. I said more or less that now I know
> it's
> > true I'll run through again and have another crack at it.
>
> It doesn't work every time. I can't remember exactly why. Maybe Rob
knows.

I noticed that if you do the events at the start that make the Brad Vickers
zombie appear near the police station, the gate will not work. We all know
that Brad's appearance stops the two zombies on the grass verge from
appearing, I wonder if it stops them showing up at the gate as well?

Also, if I do the gate thing and then kill the three zombies away behind it
and then leave and try to see the gate again, it won't work.

Weird.

/Ford.

Adam Smith

Jul 12, 2001, 5:31:49 PM7/12/01

"Ford Prefect" <fordp...@betelgeuse-five.hoopyfrood.co.uk> wrote in
message news:9ijqih$vn6$1...@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

Oh yeah, I think that was it.

thomas Jardine

Jul 12, 2001, 6:18:35 PM7/12/01
It was still available up until a couple of days ago when I quit looking at
it. I don't think that Ebay pulled it, cause the auction had actually gone
to completion. I do know that apparently you are correct, Ebay will pull
auctions for items that may not be authorized for sale in the US, 'cause I
bought my copy of Biohazard 2 Value plus w/RE:CV demo from an individual who
related that he had it on Ebay but it was pulled. I bought it for $10.00
plus shipping, and it looks and appears genuine, (including that I can't run
it on my Dreamcast). Maybe someone let Ebay know there was a flurry of
controversy about it and the removed it earlier than otherwise??

Tom (the old guy)

"Dr.Birkin" <bir...@umbrella.org> wrote in message

Dr.Birkin

Jul 12, 2001, 10:46:59 PM7/12/01
If I'm not mistaken the kidney auction had completed also though. I'm not
sure what action if any could be taken after an auction finishes though
unless a person is foolish enough to use ebays payment methods, then they
could freeze the assests I assume.

"thomas Jardine" <jjar...@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message

Rob McGregor

Jul 13, 2001, 2:51:05 AM7/13/01
Adam Smith wrote:

> > Yea I know, I took your word for it. I said more or less that now I know
> it's
> > true I'll run through again and have another crack at it.
>
> It doesn't work every time. I can't remember exactly why. Maybe Rob knows.

No idea. It works for me just about everytime I do it IIRC.

Rob McGregor

Jul 13, 2001, 2:59:49 AM7/13/01
> > It doesn't work every time. I can't remember exactly why. Maybe Rob
> knows.
>
> I noticed that if you do the events at the start that make the Brad Vickers
> zombie appear near the police station, the gate will not work. We all know
> that Brad's appearance stops the two zombies on the grass verge from
> appearing, I wonder if it stops them showing up at the gate as well?
>
> Also, if I do the gate thing and then kill the three zombies away behind it
> and then leave and try to see the gate again, it won't work.
>
> Weird.
>
> /Ford.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It does only work if the two zombies are in the
upper courtyard.

Bongo

Jul 15, 2001, 3:39:12 AM7/15/01
Rob McGregor wrote:

> In the demo that came with REDC you went straight from the back of the gun shop,
> past the BBall court, over a dumpster (where the van is in the full game) and
> around to the gate. You can use a Gameshark code to get it in the full game.
>
> I'm not sure if this is what your talking about or not, because thats all I can
> think of.

Yeah, that sounds like what I heard. I should get Gameshark and check it out.

Rob McGregor

Jul 15, 2001, 4:16:49 AM7/15/01
The code for RE2US Leon to access it is

D00C646C 000C
300CC948 0000
D00C646C 000C
300CC94A 001D

wamb...@yahoo.com

Jul 16, 2001, 8:09:33 AM7/16/01
Bongo <g...@pacificnet.net> wrote in message news:<3B4AA4C6...@pacificnet.net>...

> Speaking of RE demos, I read once that there is an alternate route to the
> police station in RE2. I think it might just be in the demo or you may need
> Gameshark to access it. Anyone know about this?

There was also a rumour way back on this NG about another alternate
route that took you to the other side of the phantom gate, but
theorized that they scrapped this idea, but forgot to erase the PG,
which is why you could access it sometimes in RE2. The path was
supposed to go where the black SUV is now blocking your path in front
of the Kendo gun shop and would take you to the phantom gate. Of
course, this is all speculation.