Anti-Curselax Measure

Talen

Jun 28, 2001, 7:05:25 PM6/28/01
I've been batting it around in my head ever since I heard of Dallyn's
Togetic (which I _so_ intend to raise), and in discussion with µ, the
conclusion was that confusion and screech were the main requirements.
Unfortunately, the most widespread confusing move is kinda useless
against the Curselax. I came up with these two possibilities;

Misdreavus
Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Curse? Rest?)

Umbreon
Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Moonlight? Body Slam? Baton Pass?)

Thoughts?

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"Writing is a profession in which you have to keep proving
your talent to people who have none."
- Jules Renard

The Gurus love you
WAM: 161 BBB: 265

TD

Jun 29, 2001, 1:05:43 PM6/29/01

"Talen" <tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> I've been batting it around in my head ever since I heard of Dallyn's
> Togetic (which I _so_ intend to raise), and in discussion with ต, the

> conclusion was that confusion and screech were the main requirements.
> Unfortunately, the most widespread confusing move is kinda useless
> against the Curselax. I came up with these two possibilities;
>
> Misdreavus
> Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Curse? Rest?)
>
> Umbreon
> Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Moonlight? Body Slam? Baton Pass?)
>
> Thoughts?

Primeape:
Psych Up/Screech (to be used after Psych Up, natch) Cross Chop/Filler

You can also Curse up with Lax then Roar/Wwind it out, such as these.

Kangaskhan:
Curse/Return/Earthquake/Roar

Skarmory (Mine at the moment, its main advantage being resistance to any
Physical move lax can throw at it):
Curse/Drill Peck/Sandstorm/Whirlwind

Steelix:
Curse/EQ/Rock Slide/Roar

Lastly, Smeargle fucks lax seven different ways, use your imagination, as
long as it involves Spore :)

TD

TD

Jun 29, 2001, 6:01:17 PM6/29/01

"Talen" <tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> I've been batting it around in my head ever since I heard of Dallyn's
> Togetic (which I _so_ intend to raise), and in discussion with ต, the

> conclusion was that confusion and screech were the main requirements.
> Unfortunately, the most widespread confusing move is kinda useless
> against the Curselax. I came up with these two possibilities;
>
> Misdreavus
> Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Curse? Rest?)
>
> Umbreon
> Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Moonlight? Body Slam? Baton Pass?)
>
> Thoughts?

Oh, I think Psych Up/Roar might be good too, but the only thing I can think
of that does this is Stantler...

Perhaps Psych Up/Roar/Spite or Earthquake/Return?

Thom Burr

Jun 29, 2001, 8:20:02 PM6/29/01
<snip>

If you're designing a Misdreavus for the sole purpose of countering a
Curselax, then you certainly don't need Curse, as Psych Up is already
serving that purpose for you here. Nor would I go with Rest,
considering how Missy gets Pain Split, which is infinitely better
against Curselax.

I would go with Shadow Ball over Screech, to give at least *some* other
attack capability--but if you're designing *only* for Curselax, Screech
it is. And personally, I like Swagger over Confuse Ray. So long as
you're going to gamble, go for the high stakes.

TD

Jun 30, 2001, 7:16:28 AM6/30/01

"Thom Burr" <thom...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> <snip>
>
> If you're designing a Misdreavus for the sole purpose of countering a
> Curselax, then you certainly don't need Curse, as Psych Up is already
> serving that purpose for you here.

You know how Curse works with ghosts, right?

> Nor would I go with Rest,
> considering how Missy gets Pain Split, which is infinitely better
> against Curselax.

Until it gets to low health -_-

> I would go with Shadow Ball over Screech, to give at least *some* other
> attack capability--but if you're designing *only* for Curselax, Screech
> it is. And personally, I like Swagger over Confuse Ray. So long as
> you're going to gamble, go for the high stakes.

Swaggering Snorlax is how you get your team swept. Plus it wont actually
work on a fully cursed one.

TD

Thom Burr

Jun 30, 2001, 10:38:15 PM6/30/01
TD pointed out:

> You know how Curse works with ghosts,
> right?

You know, actually, I had forgotten. I never ever see Curse on ghosts,
so I was only thinking of the usual effect. I'd feel stupid about this,
but I was drunk at the time (and I knew I was missing something). This
is why I don't rate teams...Anyway, I can't diagree with any of your
other points. Thanks for the reminders...

Talen

Jul 2, 2001, 7:47:03 PM7/2/01
It has been brought to my attention that "TD" <tda...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Talen" <tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> I've been batting it around in my head ever since I heard of Dallyn's

>> Togetic (which I _so_ intend to raise), and in discussion with µ, the

>> conclusion was that confusion and screech were the main requirements.
>> Unfortunately, the most widespread confusing move is kinda useless
>> against the Curselax. I came up with these two possibilities;
>>
>> Misdreavus
>> Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Curse? Rest?)
>>
>> Umbreon
>> Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Moonlight? Body Slam? Baton Pass?)
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
>Primeape:
>Psych Up/Screech (to be used after Psych Up, natch) Cross Chop/Filler

BEAT UP! ;p

>You can also Curse up with Lax then Roar/Wwind it out, such as these.
>
>Kangaskhan:
>Curse/Return/Earthquake/Roar

Nice, but it still gets a turn of curse over you if you don't lead
with it... Hm.

>Lastly, Smeargle fucks lax seven different ways, use your imagination, as
>long as it involves Spore :)

I was thinking Psych Up, Spore, Agility, Swift ;p

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub
Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic,
Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire,
Current August Leader of WAM,
And also known as Grammar Jesus

Site Expired: RIP temporarily

"We may pass violets looking for roses. We may pass
contentment looking for victory."
- Bern Williams

Talen

Jul 2, 2001, 7:47:09 PM7/2/01
wrote:

>"Talen" <tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> I've been batting it around in my head ever since I heard of Dallyn's

>> Togetic (which I _so_ intend to raise), and in discussion with µ, the

>> conclusion was that confusion and screech were the main requirements.
>> Unfortunately, the most widespread confusing move is kinda useless
>> against the Curselax. I came up with these two possibilities;
>>
>> Misdreavus
>> Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Curse? Rest?)
>>
>> Umbreon
>> Psych Up, Confuse Ray, Screech, (Moonlight? Body Slam? Baton Pass?)
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
>Oh, I think Psych Up/Roar might be good too, but the only thing I can think
>of that does this is Stantler...

Persian, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh and Stantler.

Given of those, Persian and Stantler seem the best bet for the job.

>Perhaps Psych Up/Roar/Spite or Earthquake/Return?

For Stantler, yes. Psych Up/Roar, though, _requires_ your opponent to
be doing it.

I'd use Persian with Shadow Ball and Return. Better speed.

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub
Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic,
Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire,
Current August Leader of WAM,
And also known as Grammar Jesus

Site Expired: RIP temporarily

"We may pass violets looking for roses. We may pass
contentment looking for victory."
- Bern Williams

TD

Jul 3, 2001, 6:05:07 PM7/3/01

> It has been brought to my attention that "TD" <tda...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Talen" <tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> >Oh, I think Psych Up/Roar might be good too, but the only thing I can
think
> >of that does this is Stantler...
>
> Persian, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh and Stantler.
>
> Given of those, Persian and Stantler seem the best bet for the job.
>
> >Perhaps Psych Up/Roar/Spite or Earthquake/Return?
>
> For Stantler, yes. Psych Up/Roar, though, _requires_ your opponent to
> be doing it.
>
> I'd use Persian with Shadow Ball and Return. Better speed.

Speed isnt that important if they're going to be Psych'ing up Curses.

Talen

Jul 3, 2001, 2:48:56 PM7/3/01
wrote:

>"Talen" <tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> It has been brought to my attention that "TD" <tda...@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >"Talen" <tal...@spamspamspamspam.optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> >
>> >Oh, I think Psych Up/Roar might be good too, but the only thing I can
>think
>> >of that does this is Stantler...
>>
>> Persian, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh and Stantler.
>>
>> Given of those, Persian and Stantler seem the best bet for the job.
>>
>> >Perhaps Psych Up/Roar/Spite or Earthquake/Return?
>>
>> For Stantler, yes. Psych Up/Roar, though, _requires_ your opponent to
>> be doing it.
>>
>> I'd use Persian with Shadow Ball and Return. Better speed.
>
>Speed isnt that important if they're going to be Psych'ing up Curses.

--

Talen
Current Tyrannical Despot of the "We Love Talen" fanclub
Several Sandwiches Short of A Picnic,
Clue-Stick Wielder Extraordinaire,
Current August Leader of WAM,
And also known as Grammar Jesus