Starting FSX

as...@bigpond.com.au

Jan 5, 2007, 9:56:12 PM1/5/07
I've just installed FSX for the first time. It seem like a great game.
How much easier is it to use a joystick as compared to the keyboard?
I'm currently using a keyboard/mouse and find it quiet frustrating.

Don Burnette

Jan 5, 2007, 10:44:44 PM1/5/07

<as...@bigpond.com.au> wrote in message

> I've just installed FSX for the first time. It seem like a great game.
> How much easier is it to use a joystick as compared to the keyboard?
> I'm currently using a keyboard/mouse and find it quiet frustrating.

Way easier. If you really like it, and think you will stick with it a while,
do yourself a favor and get a decent joystick at the least, or a joystick
and throttle combo.

I have the TM Cougar, modded with a gimball mod and hall sensors, along with
the TM Elite rudder pedals, would not recommend this type of setup if your
just getting into it.
CH makes a good system, and they also make a flight yoke that may be more to
your liking. If the majority of your flight simming will be with FSX, might
want to seriously look at the yoke.
I understand the Saitek X-52 is pretty good as well. You might want to
start out on something not so expensive, use it a while, then if your going
to be serious about flight simming, you can always move up from that.

Good luck,

--
Don

Dallas

Jan 6, 2007, 1:02:16 AM1/6/07
On 5 Jan 2007 18:56:12 -0800, as...@bigpond.com.au wrote:

> How much easier is it to use a joystick as compared to the keyboard?

Trying to fly Flight Simulator with the keyboard is like trying to drive a
car with your feet.

--
>>> Dallas <<<

Hood 2

Jan 6, 2007, 4:29:34 AM1/6/07
Last time I used a keyboard for flt simulator was V 2.0. Only because i had
to run it on a black and white TV ;-)

Quilljar

Jan 6, 2007, 5:03:59 AM1/6/07

Virtually impossible. Even the cheapest stick, or one off a dump will be
better!

--
Happy New Year
Quilly