FSX AI Traffic

Charles Newman

Oct 7, 2006, 4:57:52 PM10/7/06

Will AI traffic be the same in FSX as well as in 2002 and 2004? I would.
I merged FS2002 AI traffic into FS2004, and would like to be able to
merge it into FSX.

beanertown

Oct 7, 2006, 6:03:58 PM10/7/06
In article <28ednVNk38BKibXY...@comcast.com>, charlesnewman1
@comcast.do.not.spam.me.net says...

> Will AI traffic be the same in FSX as well as in 2002 and 2004? I would.
> I merged FS2002 AI traffic into FS2004, and would like to be able to
> merge it into FSX.

It worked for me.

I created a new entry in the FSX.CFG file:

Beneath the line
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

I created a new line:
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI Aircraft

Then in the FSX SimObjects folder I made a new directory called AI Aircraft.

Copied all of my FS9 aircraft (85 of the ones I use for AI only) into the new AI Aircraft
folder.

Then copied my traffic.bgl (made with Ultimate Traffic) from FS9 into the same scenery-
world-scenery folder in FSX. Renamed FSX file trafficAircraft.bgl to
trafficAircraft.old.

Now have all of my Ultimate Traffic AI in FSX. Have only checked out a few airports and
have not tested fully, but so far looks like everything is there.

Katy Pluta

Oct 7, 2006, 10:40:55 PM10/7/06
>It worked for me.
>
>I created a new entry in the FSX.CFG file:
>
>Beneath the line
>SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
>
>I created a new line:
>SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI Aircraft
>
>Then in the FSX SimObjects folder I made a new directory called AI Aircraft.
>
>Copied all of my FS9 aircraft (85 of the ones I use for AI only) into the new AI Aircraft
>folder.
>
>Then copied my traffic.bgl (made with Ultimate Traffic) from FS9 into the same scenery-
>world-scenery folder in FSX. Renamed FSX file trafficAircraft.bgl to
>trafficAircraft.old.
>
>Now have all of my Ultimate Traffic AI in FSX. Have only checked out a few airports and
>have not tested fully, but so far looks like everything is there.

That's the way to go, did you also copy AFD files? Default scenery may
differ there...

===
All the best!
Katy Pluta, MS_MVP
www.projectmagenta.com

beanertown

Oct 7, 2006, 10:56:56 PM10/7/06
In article <h8pgi294ddtch7lgh...@4ax.com>, katy...@hotmail.com says...

No, I haven't copied any of my AFCAD files yet although I have read that they may work in
FSX. The only trouble there is, as you say, some of the airports have changed and the
parking wouldn't all match up.

Also forgot to mention that I also copied over my aircraft.cfg from FS9 to the FSX root
folder, and copied files ending in "_l" or "_L" from FS9 main texture folder to FSX main
texture folder. They are supposedly the night textures needed for the AI aircraft from
FS9.

Two programs most missed at this point are AFCAD, EditVoicepack and whatever program I
used to speed up taxiing. I had forgotten that EditVoicepack had accelerated ATC until I
heard FSX's sloooooooow ATC commands.

Katy Pluta

Oct 8, 2006, 12:16:40 AM10/8/06
>No, I haven't copied any of my AFCAD files yet although I have read that they may work in
>FSX. The only trouble there is, as you say, some of the airports have changed and the
>parking wouldn't all match up.
>
>Also forgot to mention that I also copied over my aircraft.cfg from FS9 to the FSX root
>folder, and copied files ending in "_l" or "_L" from FS9 main texture folder to FSX main
>texture folder. They are supposedly the night textures needed for the AI aircraft from
>FS9.
>
>Two programs most missed at this point are AFCAD, EditVoicepack and whatever program I
>used to speed up taxiing. I had forgotten that EditVoicepack had accelerated ATC until I
>heard FSX's sloooooooow ATC commands.

I think that EditVoicepack works with FSX, don't hold me to it as I
did not try it yet...

You can also copy FS9 aircraft like the C208A, Ford Trimotor and
others if you wish, needs some tweaks to add the different views, may
need some gauges as well...

The SDKs are on DVD #1 for the Deluxe edition, well worth installing
and including gMax 1.2 If you don't install the SDK in the default
folder make sure to run ConfigSDK to update the path

Most of all: defragment the freaking hard drive AFTER installing and
running FSX once!!!

Not4wood

Oct 8, 2006, 9:30:03 AM10/8/06
Ok Katy, ya got me.

I can see a defrag before installing to keep all of the new paths,
directories and files together. But why also do it after the install, (OK
maybe so the puter puts all of the files together) but after the program
runs?? Now I'm curious?

Mark G
Not4wood

"Katy Pluta" <katy...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

beanertown

Oct 8, 2006, 11:26:09 AM10/8/06
In article <v37Wg.2420$YD.2248@trndny09>, no_mgottes@spam_verizon.net says...

> Ok Katy, ya got me.
>
> I can see a defrag before installing to keep all of the new paths,
> directories and files together. But why also do it after the install, (OK
> maybe so the puter puts all of the files together) but after the program
> runs?? Now I'm curious?
>
> Mark G
> Not4wood

I ran defrag after installing and there were about 11,000 fragmented files. Had a couple
of hundred framented files prior to install

beanertown

Oct 8, 2006, 11:27:49 AM10/8/06
In article <seugi2t33icjb1b05...@4ax.com>, katy...@hotmail.com says...

I will back up the USEnglishBig.gvp file and give EditVoicepack a try if I can get it
pointed at FSX instead of FS9.

Katy Pluta

Oct 8, 2006, 2:26:01 PM10/8/06
>I can see a defrag before installing to keep all of the new paths,
>directories and files together. But why also do it after the install, (OK
>maybe so the puter puts all of the files together) but after the program
>runs?? Now I'm curious?

Because that !@#$% installer scatters FSX files all over the place
most of the time, just analyze after installation to check... ;-)

FaxCap

Oct 8, 2006, 6:53:05 PM10/8/06
On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 12:26:01 -0600, Katy Pluta <katy...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Because that !@#$% installer scatters FSX files all over the place
>most of the time, just analyze after installation to check... ;-)

>Katy Pluta, MS_MVP
>www.projectmagenta.com

Katy, I just put FSX on it's own brand new hard drive. I installed FSX
then ran FSX knowing it still had work left to do. I tweak my Settings
a little bit and made 1 quick flight. I then ran my defrag app. 70%
fragmentaion.

Amazing. :-)

FaxCap

Charles Newman

Oct 12, 2006, 12:04:15 AM10/12/06

"beanertown" <nom...@spamfree.net> wrote in message

When will TTools be updaged to handle the new traffic bgl files for
FSX. I tried taking the traffic file from the demo version and decoding
it, and Ttools said that it cannot read from the file.

nomeea2

Oct 31, 2006, 3:31:30 PM10/31/06