Targets of Opportunity.

Daivd Schu

Jun 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/16/97

Ok, call us perfectionists.
But some friends of mine and I Are trying to find all of the targets of opportunity in the Mechwarrior 2 Campaigns.

I checked the strategy guide, but it does not list them!
The books says they do not affect play (true) and they are not going to reveal all the mysteries!

Now I admit, we have found the nuclear reactor in Falcon 1, and the bridge in the core heat sink mission. But what are we looking for on Falcon 2?

Does anyone have a list the targets?
We have been ruled the loser of Falcon 2 a score of times each just looking! (we wandered out of bounds too many times)
I have destroyed whole villages in the hopes that they were the targets!

Thanks in advance...

--
David Schusterman I don't want to claim these opinions,
sc...@photobooks.com and you think anyone else does?

Charlie Conner

Jun 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/17/97

sc...@photobooks.com (Daivd Schu) wrote:

>Thanks in advance...

By Falcon 2 are you speaking of Mirror Cage where you have to destroy
the Dropship at nav Zeta and all the defending units?

In this mission the dropship is primary, the defenders are secondary,
there ARE no listed targets of opportunity!

(Or maybe I'm nuts and there are???)

Good Hunting,
Charlie

JJ

Jun 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/18/97
to Daivd Schu

Daivd Schu wrote:
> Nah, I am looking at the mission where you save teh IC plant. There are 5 mechs, no vehicles, and 3 villages.
> You have to go through a pass in the mountains to get to the complex and the mechs trying to kill it.

Hiya,
Arkham Bridge right?
Now I did the same thing you did, wandering all over the place
nuking everything in sight trying to find that target of oppuritunity,
and I suceeded to get it but not how you'd think. After searching around
and not finding anything I was in a nasty mood and took out my
frustration on the Chemical plant that you're supposed to protect. After
laying waste to it I got the 'Target of Opportunity Destroyed' message
and after exiting the mission via the dustoff point I got credit for
the target of opportunity and didn't get penalized for destroying
the chemical plant. I haven't bothered to test this again, so I'm
not entirely sure if it was just a one time bug or what, but maybe
you could try it out and see what happens. Also have you or anyone
else found the Target of Opportunity for Wolf 1:Pyre Light. I've
been all over that wasteland and can't find a damn thing.
-JJ

--
Jeremiah Johnson
jere...@earthlink.net

Pierre Perret

Jun 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/18/97

In article <5o460p$p...@snews1.zippo.com>, Daivd Schu wrote:
> Ok, call us perfectionists.
> But some friends of mine and I Are trying to find all of the targets of
> opportunity in the Mechwarrior 2 Campaigns.
>
> I checked the strategy guide, but it does not list them!
> The books says they do not affect play (true) and they are not going to
> reveal all the mysteries!
>
> Now I admit, we have found the nuclear reactor in Falcon 1, and the bridge
> in the core heat sink mission. But what are we looking for on Falcon 2?

If I remember right (it has been a while), the "target of opportunity" is actually
the very plant you are supposed to protect! It does not make any sense, but then,
is a bug supposed to make sense?

Note that there are some other missions that list targets of opportunity that just
do not exist and there are some where they do exist but are quite impossible to
destroy without the use of cheats (for instance, the super-mighty
LRM-and-PPC-spewing enemy dropship in the "destroy the solar array" Wolf mission).

- Pierre -

fr...@cyberdude.com

Jun 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/29/97

In article <5p0vk0$6gn$1...@cybernews.cyberus.ca>, whb_d...@cyberus.ca (Neon Samurai) wrote:
>>there are some where they do exist but are quite impossible to
>>destroy without the use of cheats (for instance, the super-mighty
>>LRM-and-PPC-spewing enemy dropship in the "destroy the solar array"
>Wolf mission).
>>
>>- Pierre -
>>

>As I recall, It is possible to destroy the above dropship with the
>proper application of jump jets (to avoid the PPCs and rockets) and
>cover (to recharge your jump jets)

I found it a little easier. I got a mech(HellBringer) with 2 PPCs, and just
shot at it for 9 to 10 minutes from 1.25 km away, and blew it away, no
problem; he never shot back. The range on PPC's IS a little further than they
say, you know..

Tank

Jul 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/1/97

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997 07:26:16 -0700, JJ <jere...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

Yup, the chemical plant is the T of O in Arkham Bridge.

For Pyre Light, don't bother looking. Seems that someone forgot to
put the T of O in that one. Fortunately Activision was nice enough to
fess up to the oversight.

__<TANK>===--- ©
....<O_o_o_o_O>.....

LoneWolf

Jul 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/1/97
to Tank

Tank wrote:

> Yup, the chemical plant is the T of O in Arkham Bridge.
>
> For Pyre Light, don't bother looking. Seems that someone forgot to
> put the T of O in that one. Fortunately Activision was nice enough to
> fess up to the oversight.
>
> __<TANK>===--- ©

They finally admitted it?!!!? I missed that one. About damn time too! I
think my first email to them about that was back in Oct of '95. Sheesh.

LoneWolf

Patrick Fleury

Jul 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/2/97

I have that same desire for total success, so if you could tell me where
are those damn T-O, please let me know.

<33B9E797...@globalserve.net>...

-Patrick Fleury (pfl...@tr.cgocable.ca) ;)