New bug in MW2?

First of One

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99
I fired up my copy of MW2 Win95 edition yesterday and decided, for the first time (!) to use a Rifleman-IIc. I decided to start from scratch, so in Mech Lab I stripped the 'Mech of all weapons. When I clicked "Assign Criticals", to my surprise, there were two non-removable LRM-20 racks taking up space in each side torso. I didn't know the Rifleman had a mix of modular and non-removable weapons! Has anyone else experienced this problem?

--
First of One, primary adjunctive grid Alpha-01, but you may call me First of One.
Mech Arena - http://daxin.netfirms.com/

Vaelen Arris

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99
I think the rifleman is a refit IS mech from long ago as the 2c name would
dictate, that means it could infact have non modular weapon racks.

Velan

XIBIOUS

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99
Sorry no but if you really want to tick someone off, get the one with the arrows then hit add weapon, you get two arrows for the price of one, you cant have much of anything else but what the heck, as long as you can keep them at 1 klick away your fine. The range on the arrow is around 1.5.
However the good players can dodge the arrows every time ....

XIBIOUS

Kanajana

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99
Yes, I remember seeing that w/ my 3Dfx version, I used to use Rifleman
IIc's a lot...I forgot about it until you mentioned that. If I remember
correctly, it only happens when using one of the three(?) default
Riflemans,
the others shouldn't cause that....

Kanajana

First of One

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99
What Arrows? I am talking about MW2: 31st-Century Combat. There were no Arrows IVs, no AMSes, and no NARCs in the game.

--

XIBIOUS <DF_XI...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38193112...@hotmail.com...

> Sorry no but if you really want to tick someone off, get the one with the arrows then hit add weapon, you get two arrows for the price of one, you cant have much of anything else but what the heck, as long as you can keep them at 1 klick away your fine. The range on the arrow is around 1.5.
> However the good players can dodge the arrows every time ....
>

> XIBIOUS

First of One

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99
Thanks, I'll give the "Alt. Configs" a try and see what happens.

--
First of One, primary adjunctive grid Alpha-01, but you may call me First of One.
Mech Arena - http://daxin.netfirms.com/
Remove "NOSPAM" from my E-mail address to reply.

XIBIOUS

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
LOOK HARDER IT'S THERE !
ONLY ON THE RIFLEMAN

XIBIOUS

First of One wrote:

> What Arrows? I am talking about MW2: 31st-Century Combat. There were no Arrows IVs, no AMSes, and no NARCs in the game.
>

> --
> First of One, primary adjunctive grid Alpha-01, but you may call me First of One.
> Mech Arena - http://daxin.netfirms.com/
> Remove "NOSPAM" from my E-mail address to reply.

Kanajana

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
I just tried it out on a PowerVR version I just received.
and I get an "LRM20 #3" in the Right Torso when using
the Primary Config. The Alt A and B don't cause this.

Kanajana

First of One wrote:

> Thanks, I'll give the "Alt. Configs" a try and see what happens.
>

> --
> First of One, primary adjunctive grid Alpha-01, but you may call me First of One.
> Mech Arena - http://daxin.netfirms.com/
> Remove "NOSPAM" from my E-mail address to reply.

jeff

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
All weapons are removable and if you couldnt remove them then there is
something wrong with your system. I have never had such a problem. Also if
you want to play that mech2 game online download the free www.mplayer.com
software and go to www.mechwarrior2.com for more information on leagues.

CSE-2Legit MSL clan
First of One <daxin...@NOSPAMhome.com> wrote in message

I fired up my copy of MW2 Win95 edition yesterday and decided, for the first
time (!) to use a Rifleman-IIc. I decided to start from scratch, so in Mech
Lab I stripped the 'Mech of all weapons. When I clicked "Assign Criticals",
to my surprise, there were two non-removable LRM-20 racks taking up space in
each side torso. I didn't know the Rifleman had a mix of modular and
non-removable weapons! Has anyone else experienced this problem?

XIBIOUS

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
hhmmmm
I wonder which would be the laggiest, mplayer or Activision's Ciudad server....
close call

XIBIOUS

Reeves

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
No, it's not...at least not in the 1.1 DOS version. The Win95 version seems
to differ.

XIBIOUS <DF_XI...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

First of One

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
You didn't look hard enough, did you? All weapons in MW2 are removable *except* the Rifileman Prime's LRM racks. It's a bug in the MW2 shell, a bug that I didn't notice until now, because I hardly use the Rifleman.

--
First of One, primary adjunctive grid Alpha-01, but you may call me First of One.
Mech Arena - http://daxin.netfirms.com/
Remove "NOSPAM" from my E-mail address to reply.

Pierre Perret

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
> First of One wrote:
>
> I fired up my copy of MW2 Win95 edition yesterday and
> decided, for the first time (!) to use a Rifleman-IIc. I decided to
> start from scratch, so in Mech Lab I stripped the 'Mech of all
> weapons. When I clicked "Assign Criticals", to my surprise, there
> were two non-removable LRM-20 racks taking up space in each side
> torso. I didn't know the Rifleman had a mix of modular and
> non-removable weapons! Has anyone else experienced this problem?

This is a bug in one of the stock Rifleman configurations in Win95 only.
Those are 3 LRM20 launcher racks. They should actually be heat sinks,
but somebody had a brain fart at Activision and they ended up with the
wrong code. The launchers do not appear in the weapon list, only in the
crit list. If I remember right, to remove them, you need to add some
LRM-20 launchers first, then when you remove them, the phantom ones will
go away too.

There are other bugs like that throughout the stock configs, like
one of the Riflemen that has double heat sinks not paired up
properly, so one takes 3 slots and the other only 1 slot. This
confuses the lab into thinking the mech carries single heat sinks, thus
making it appear overweight (not sure anymore if this is in the DOS or
Win95 version or both).

- Pierre -