Half-Life 2, multiplayer in singleplayer missions?

1 view

Algomeysa2

Dec 31, 2005, 11:29:49 AM12/31/05
Ok, I'm returning to Half-Life 2 after almost a year of it on the shelf.

I had the impression there was a way you could link up with a friend over
the internet and play the singleplayer game cooperatively.

But I can't see how to do it. I notice there's a bit about "The Friends
network is currently unavailable." Is this the way, if it was working,
you'd link up to play a friend cooperatively?

How long has it been unavailable? Are there plans to fix it?

Or is there another way to do the singleplayer missions cooperatively?

Or was there never a way to do this? (I assume there is, since you seem to
have to go through STEAM even just to play the singleplayer game).

Thanks!

LymanAlpha

Dec 31, 2005, 12:08:20 PM12/31/05
On 12/31/2005 8:29 AM Algomeysa2 brightened our day with:
I don't think the friends network has ever worked. What you're probably
looking for is Tim Co-Op, a mod.
http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/HalfLife_2_Tim_Coop_Mod;43784#Download

--
"I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have
answers which might be wrong"

Richard P. Feynman

Steve 六Inglo咫
www.inglostadt.com

KCB

Dec 31, 2005, 12:17:32 PM12/31/05

"Algomeysa2" <Algomeys...@mindspring.comNOPESPAM> wrote in message

There is no cooperative play in HL2.

phexitol

Dec 31, 2005, 9:54:09 PM12/31/05

Peter [AGHL]

Jan 1, 2006, 4:36:51 AM1/1/06
"LymanAlpha" wrote

> I don't think the friends network has ever worked.

Oh yes at some point we managed to make a friends list :)

> What you're probably looking for is Tim Co-Op, a mod.

Or more precisely:
http://www.rawmeat.be/timcoop/

You might also be looking out for Sven-Coop 2
http://www.svencoop.com/

- Peter