Shadowknight get shafted AGAIN

Clp

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99
Loyal paying customer -- So where is the shadowknight armor with the new
patch?

GM -- Right now we are implimenting all the armor. The only class that we
have not done yet is the shadowknight armor, they are our last priority.

Loyal customer who has paid since the game opened -- What?

GM -- We hope to get the armor up in the next month, though due to the lack
of shadowknights on the server we are going to focus on perfecting the other
quests first.

Pissed off customer (yes another one) -- You must be kidding me?

GM -- Right now there is always the Chestplate of Darkflame that is almost
Shadowknight only.

Really irrate customer at this point -- That spawns like once every 3 real
life days if your lucky!?!?

GM -- That is the price to pay for such good armor.

End of conversation.

*** I must say that those few people who are willing to play shadowknights
are getting stomped on badly and need to realize it. Maybe the reason
shadowknights are a minority is because Verant screws us at every corner. No
quests that work, no items for shadowknights only, no armor, if we are
suppose to be the opposite of paladins how about giving us some swords,
equip, and quests of the calibur you give paladins. ***

This is such crap, they take out Rubicite (which I have been trying to get)
and replace everyone's armor but ours?! Are you idiots?!

-Pissed-

Belron

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
In article <7u3c85$g20$1...@paxfeed.eni.net>, "Clp" <cpr...@symet.net> wrote:
>Loyal paying customer -- So where is the shadowknight armor with the new
>patch?
>
>GM -- Right now we are implimenting all the armor. The only class that we
>have not done yet is the shadowknight armor, they are our last priority.
>
>Loyal customer who has paid since the game opened -- What?
>
>GM -- We hope to get the armor up in the next month, though due to the lack
>of shadowknights on the server we are going to focus on perfecting the other
>quests first.
>
>Pissed off customer (yes another one) -- You must be kidding me?
>
>GM -- Right now there is always the Chestplate of Darkflame that is almost
>Shadowknight only.
>
>Really irrate customer at this point -- That spawns like once every 3 real
>life days if your lucky!?!?
>
>GM -- That is the price to pay for such good armor.
>
>End of conversation.

Don't take it the wrong way, but I think once Verant realizes why there are so
few Shadow Knights on the server, you'll get your just dues. :) But the logic
of putting them in last priority (like Rogues earlier in the game - and still
now as far as I can tell) is beyond me. They should look to see what classes
arent being played, and find out why, and start doing something about it.

Author Lau

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
Less pay attention for the less played class --> Even less player play that
class --> You have one less class to play --> The product (Everquest) life
is shorten --> Download AC.

Clp <cpr...@symet.net> wrote in message

> Loyal paying customer -- So where is the shadowknight armor with the new
> patch?
>
> GM -- Right now we are implimenting all the armor. The only class that we
> have not done yet is the shadowknight armor, they are our last priority.
>
> Loyal customer who has paid since the game opened -- What?
>
> GM -- We hope to get the armor up in the next month, though due to the
lack
> of shadowknights on the server we are going to focus on perfecting the
other
> quests first.
>
> Pissed off customer (yes another one) -- You must be kidding me?
>
> GM -- Right now there is always the Chestplate of Darkflame that is almost
> Shadowknight only.
>
> Really irrate customer at this point -- That spawns like once every 3 real
> life days if your lucky!?!?
>
> GM -- That is the price to pay for such good armor.
>
> End of conversation.

Alex Mars

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
After playing my SK to 16 I've reached a state of zen indifference on the
subject of SK weapons or spells. We're fucked and there is no hope in sight.
I enjoy the character and will "endeavour to persevere".

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Gordon Chapman

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99

>*** I must say that those few people who are willing to play shadowknights
>are getting stomped on badly and need to realize it. Maybe the reason
>shadowknights are a minority is because Verant screws us at every corner. No
>quests that work, no items for shadowknights only, no armor, if we are
>suppose to be the opposite of paladins how about giving us some swords,
>equip, and quests of the calibur you give paladins. ***

There are, but because of the sheer number of Paladins compared to
SKs, you don't hear about them. There's the reaper of the dead - SK
only, Ring of the dead, DE SK/NEC only (bind anywhere), Dark Katana
(heard about this one off a SK in my guild), Dark Reaver, Soul Leech,
come on, you've got a bundle right there.

>This is such crap, they take out Rubicite (which I have been trying to get)
>and replace everyone's armor but ours?! Are you idiots?!

Well yes several of them probably are, but not for the aforementioned
reason. There is an undead knight in mistmoore who gives out SK
armour quests apparently.

G.
--

Software engineering is an ongoing battle between software
engineers constantly striving to create bigger and better

Right now the Universe is winning.

Gordon W. Chapman
--Lead Artist
--Climax Group
--gor...@climax.co.uk

Dan Bongard

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
gor...@climax.co.uk (Gordon Chapman) writes:

>There are, but because of the sheer number of Paladins compared to
>SKs, you don't hear about them. There's the reaper of the dead - SK
>only, Ring of the dead, DE SK/NEC only (bind anywhere),

The Ring of the Dead _alone_ makes SKs worth playing. Just think
of all the time you spend running back to get your corpse after
dying in a place like Unrest or Permafrost -- with a Ring of the
Dead, you don't have that problem anymore. And you are the ONLY
non-pure-caster class that doesn't have that problem.

On a side note -- if you can't get SK armor, buy rubicite. It is
worse than the new class-specific armor, so there will be a lot
less demand for it. And the other classes will be getting rid
of it in favor of the newer armor types.

-- Dan

Jason Irby

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
> The Ring of the Dead _alone_ makes SKs worth playing. Just think
> of all the time you spend running back to get your corpse after
> dying in a place like Unrest or Permafrost -- with a Ring of the
> Dead, you don't have that problem anymore. And you are the ONLY
> non-pure-caster class that doesn't have that problem.

Try and get one now. I hear they havent been given once in like a month
since some patch. They were replaced by the Reaper of the Dead as far
as I know. Oh and by the way, with the ring of the dead, they work like
the guise of deciever. Only one class may wear, but ANYONE can activate
from inventory. So in fact, no one has that problem if the ring of dead
in fact is still given as quest item.

Irbanoz
22 Ogre SK
Cazic Thule

Belron

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
In article <380541e9...@reading.news.pipex.net>, gor...@climax.co.uk (Gordon Chapman) wrote:

>There are, but because of the sheer number of Paladins compared to
>SKs, you don't hear about them. There's the reaper of the dead - SK

>only, Ring of the dead, DE SK/NEC only (bind anywhere), Dark Katana
>(heard about this one off a SK in my guild), Dark Reaver, Soul Leech,
>come on, you've got a bundle right there.

Reaper of the Dead is a pretty worthless weapon. Only has DAM of 14 I believe,
and one charge of full heal. Once the full heal is used, you can give it to
your skeleton pet.

Ring of the Dead is cool. If the quest wasn't broken. Only gives out Reaper of
the Dead now no matter what your faction.

Never heard of the Dark Katana - Anyone else?

Dark Reaver - Well, every SK has this when they start. I dont see any SK's
without one. :)

Soul Leach - yeah, Cazic Thule is killed almost every day. ;) Not an option.

There is only one viable item there - The DR. That's it. :)

Jeff Miller

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
Can anyone tell me how to get the Ring of the Dead? I have no luck finding
this information and would appreiciate any help.

Dan Bongard <dbon...@netcom.com> wrote in message

> gor...@climax.co.uk (Gordon Chapman) writes:
>
> >There are, but because of the sheer number of Paladins compared to
> >SKs, you don't hear about them. There's the reaper of the dead - SK
> >only, Ring of the dead, DE SK/NEC only (bind anywhere),
>

> The Ring of the Dead _alone_ makes SKs worth playing. Just think
> of all the time you spend running back to get your corpse after
> dying in a place like Unrest or Permafrost -- with a Ring of the
> Dead, you don't have that problem anymore. And you are the ONLY
> non-pure-caster class that doesn't have that problem.

Beaconboy1

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
>GM -- Right now we are implimenting all the armor. The only class that we
>have not done yet is the shadowknight armor, they are our last priority.

They really said that?! I wanted to play a shadowknight (an ogre one at that)
because it was a high difficulty player but c'mon! I have some ideas for it,
btw. How bout we get a damage shield on our chest plate?

And what is the Chestplate of Darkflame and where can ya get it?! Sorry i am a
knew SK and i've never heard of it

am i still immune...
am i naked too?

Jason Irby

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
Jeff Miller wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to get the Ring of the Dead? I have no luck finding
> this information and would appreiciate any help.

As I said earlier, the Ring of Dead hasnt been given out for the Thex Mallet
quest in some time, but you are free to try. In Befallen, Elf Skeletons drop
peices of the Thex Mallet, and Commander Windstrom drops the last peice which
you combine all the peices in to form the mallet. Take that mallet to Loveal
S'Nez in Neriak, and he shall give you something. If you're lucky, a reaper
of the dead. If not, some really crappy item because your faction isnt high
enough.

Sam Khatri

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
Perhaps the ring of the dead has been moved to another quest in the DE guild
hall. The thex mallot quest is not the only one there. What about the
halas and kerra island quest there? I have always thought that the ring of
the dead was on too easy a quest. I think it must be moved for the lady
that recharges the ring is still there and still metions that the ring is
rewarded. In any case let us not talk of it on this board....Brad might be
reading and he might clue in on removing the recharge lady (I have the ring
still shhhhh) {just kidding Brad}

jav...@my-deja.com

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
There are NOT. You have NO fucking clue, Pal.
Dark Reaver is an 'ok' weapon, located in Lower Guk. Try taking anyone
down to get it who isn't 40+. Its impossible.
Soul Leech? Well, first it is NOT SK only. It is on Cazic Thule, also.
I imagine I should just walk up and ask for it, huh?
There is no Dark Katana, or its something thats Vaporware.

Ring of the Dead was nice, but that quest is GONE. Our new armor quest
<which is in the bottom of Mistmoore, which I better then some places>
is still fucked. We have almost no quests, also. I've explored thie
THOROUGHLY.

Our spells have been nerfed so that a 39 Ranger has better spells then a
49 SK. WAY better. Our Pets were nerfed. Our DOTs were nerfed. Our last
Pet spell is Nec only research. Way to go Verant.

I play a Wizard now, after my DE SK reached 39. Verant only cares about
the TSK/OSK Class. Humans and Dark Elves are fucked. With the spell
nerfs even the Big Fellas are screwed.

Get a clue Pal. Maybe you live in Twinkland, and can get a TSK with Soul
Leech who is awesome. Most of us SKs use BBCs or SBHs for a LONG time,
and are merely VERY weak warriors with a few shitty spells, and a pet
for laughs.

In article <K8eN3.33100$a23....@news.rdc1.il.home.com>,

fin...@fagle.com (Belron) wrote:
> In article <380541e9...@reading.news.pipex.net>,
gor...@climax.co.uk (Gordon Chapman) wrote:

> >There are, but because of the sheer number of Paladins compared to
> >SKs, you don't hear about them. There's the reaper of the dead - SK

> >only, Ring of the dead, DE SK/NEC only (bind anywhere), Dark Katana
> >(heard about this one off a SK in my guild), Dark Reaver, Soul Leech,
> >come on, you've got a bundle right there.
>
> Reaper of the Dead is a pretty worthless weapon. Only has DAM of 14 I
believe,
> and one charge of full heal. Once the full heal is used, you can give
it to
> your skeleton pet.
>
> Ring of the Dead is cool. If the quest wasn't broken. Only gives out
Reaper of
> the Dead now no matter what your faction.
>
> Never heard of the Dark Katana - Anyone else?
>
> Dark Reaver - Well, every SK has this when they start. I dont see any
SK's
> without one. :)
>
> Soul Leach - yeah, Cazic Thule is killed almost every day. ;) Not an
option.

> There is only one viable item there - The DR. That's it. :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

GlassFamily

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99
What about the grobb cleaver?

Sam Khatri

Oct 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/14/99

I think there is a lot about Shadow Knights that most not know of.
Think about it. on my sever I am about one of the 13 that is above the lvl
30. There are so few of us on all the severs that not many Shadow Knights
are out there looking for SK only items or doing SK only quests. I mean
there might be 100 paladins searching for Paladin only quests and swords as
compared to only 10 or so Shadow knights searching for SK only swords and
weapons.

Our weapons yes are shared but Warriors yes. But an important note is that
they are NOT shared with Paladins. So another way of looking at it is that
we get to use powerful Warrior only weapons (meaning that we are the class
that comes close to equaling a Warriors dmg compared to Paladins).

Our spells weak? Ok at lvl 30 I can put engulfing darkness and heat blood
on a mob. Thats 140 dmg from heat blood and 130 dmg from Engulfing
darkness. Darkness also slows down the mob that we are fighting and lowers
they AC. Yes its resisited but so what? And don't even try to kid about
getting in more then 270 dmg with your sword in the time it takes to cast
the spell. When fighting people miss and you DON'T ALWAYS HITT FOR DOUBLE
attack of 50. HAha that is the biggest joke. Often you hit for like 40
counting misses and the odd 12 point dmg (this is with str at 140 and a dark
reaver and dex over 100 being a Dark elf). Engulfing darkness is one of the
best spells we have. It lets us go anywhere we wish in a dungeon and is
pretty stable compared to camo (which can't be used indoors remember). Also
with invis verses undead we can walk by all the mobs of lower guk and help
groups get to the right camping spots without much trouble (they love us for
this). Also a 200 point shield (might be 100) is nice to have. Gives you
200 extra hit points on top of normal buffs. I am not gonna complain about
200 extra hit points. I will take that over a 8 point harm shield any day.
Fear is also nice if you use it smart (and NO fear does not start
trains...its been tested and proven...only if they run away does fear start
trains).

Also we get to wear heavy armor. Sure Rangers compare to us at the lower
lvls because of banded but the high in lvls we go the more apparent it
becomes that an SK can take more hits then a Ranger. Now with Rubicite
being taken out this example is more strong. Also so we can't heal....so
what? Thats what clerics are for. And if you are fighting without a cleric
then you are doing something wrong. And if your down time is too high
compared to a ranger or paladin when soloing because you can't heal....Then
your really doing something very wrong for this is not a solo game. Group,
Group and always Group. Our weapons are of a more heavy type then the
paladins always. Soul leech (sure its hard as hell to get) is stronger then
anything there is for Paladins (and The Fiery Avenger....gee I wonder how
many dragons I will have to kill for that quest). Paladins can heal but
they can't heal well mid fight. They need a cleric just as much as a Shadow
Knight. Paladins can never hope to cast any dmg spells. Have have none
expect undead ones. Shadow Knights get DOTs and in long fights after lvl 30
they add up. My favorite combination is to figth with a ranger. The ranger
puts his dot and I put my dot and then the mob goes down easy.

Also we have the most powerful accessory Ring in the game. The Ring of the
dead. Bind anywhere anytime you like. That itself should be counted as one
of our spells. And yes the quest no longer rewards it but I think its been
moved to a harder quest. I know it for it was far too easy to get before
and its just being moved to a harder quest. If they removed it they would
have made note of it.

My point is this. You are rigth, Shadow Knights are the hardest class to
play yes. But that is because of the skill it takes to play such a
versitale and powerfull class. Any idiot can press "A" and play a warrior
(oh sorry I forgot the "kick" and "bash" but it takes skill to play a Shadow
Knight with his spells. That is where we stand out for the Good Shadow
Knights play with a skill that make all on their group look in awe. Learn
to play your Shadow Knigth or go become a warrior and stop giving the class
a bad name. We are an elite class played by and elite few.

PS: For gods sake don't complain about my Grammer and spelling. This is not
an english essay. What is important is what I am trying to convey in my
message not how my message is formed.

Nephlite Z'Ress
Dark Elf Shadow Knight of the 33rd Rank
Cazic-Thule

Beaconboy1

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
> Dark Reaver - Well, every SK has this >when they start. I dont see any SK's
>without one. :)

Profanity! WHAT?! Where the hell do you play?! Every sk has one...GRRRRRRRR!
What a bunch of crap.

Frosty

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
GlassFamily (glass...@aol.com) wrote:
: What about the grobb cleaver?

You've got balls ....

The BIBS is a way lot better then the Grobb Cleaver ...

Frostitio, 30/tsk, tunare
http://www.sotmesc.org/shadowknight