Root fixed? And Druid DOT Stacking...

Hansel

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
Someone mentioned that they fixed root today. Can anyone elaborate?

Also, can anyone tell me if Creeping Crud and Stinging Swarm stack?

Hansel & Gretel
Druid and Warrior Halfling Duo
Karana

John M Clancy

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00

"Hansel" <dst...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:393d4d88....@news.mbnet.mb.ca...

> Someone mentioned that they fixed root today. Can anyone elaborate?

Supposedly the damage caused by the Druid roots and
one Necro root spell were causing an 'extra' attempt
to break the root. Basically the root was breaking itself
imediately. Now that is not supposed to do that. We'll see.

> Also, can anyone tell me if Creeping Crud and Stinging Swarm stack?

No they don't stack they are the same line.

Immolate and Crud do stack however.

Go to here:

http://www.eqdruids.com/

To learn everything you need to know about druids.

Hansel

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:52:45 -0400, "John M Clancy"
<jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Supposedly the damage caused by the Druid roots and
>one Necro root spell were causing an 'extra' attempt
>to break the root. Basically the root was breaking itself
>imediately. Now that is not supposed to do that. We'll see.

I thought they fixed that the LAST time... :P

>> Also, can anyone tell me if Creeping Crud and Stinging Swarm stack?
>
>No they don't stack they are the same line.
>
>Immolate and Crud do stack however.
>
>Go to here:
>
>http://www.eqdruids.com/
>
>To learn everything you need to know about druids.

Thanks. I had tried CastersRealm, but there wasn't any info there.
Did they clear all the Spell Comments or something?

Sang K. Choe

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 19:21:57 GMT, dst...@nospam.com (Hansel) wrote:

>Someone mentioned that they fixed root today. Can anyone elaborate?

Instead of DD + root, druid root is now DoT + root (betting money that
this DoT is gonna screw up our other dots). So the root breaking with
the damage doesn't apply anymore.

>Also, can anyone tell me if Creeping Crud and Stinging Swarm stack?

No. None of the swarm series stack with each other with the following
exception:

1. Winged Death (53rd magic based dot) can be stacked with any lower
level swarm series (Drifting Death, Drones of Doom, Creeping Crud, and
Stinging Swarm).
2. Breath of Ro (52nd fire based dot) can be stacked with either
Immolate or Flamelick (you'd be silly to use either one in addition to
BoR).

-- Sang.

Sang K. Choe

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 20:09:28 GMT, dst...@nospam.com (Hansel) wrote:

>On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:52:45 -0400, "John M Clancy"
><jmcl...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>>Supposedly the damage caused by the Druid roots and
>>one Necro root spell were causing an 'extra' attempt
>>to break the root. Basically the root was breaking itself
>>imediately. Now that is not supposed to do that. We'll see.
>
>I thought they fixed that the LAST time... :P

No they changed the order of the message--not the actual effect. I
generate a ton of logs based on the last fix and it didn't do squat.
I'll generate more logs after tonight and see just what the changes
look like.

-- Sang.

Edward James Kilsdonk

Jun 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/7/00
In article <tetqjskamhrme7paj...@4ax.com>,

Sang K. Choe <sa...@choenet.com.remove.this.com> wrote:
>On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 19:21:57 GMT, dst...@nospam.com (Hansel) wrote:
>
>>Someone mentioned that they fixed root today. Can anyone elaborate?
>
>Instead of DD + root, druid root is now DoT + root (betting money that
>this DoT is gonna screw up our other dots). So the root breaking with
>the damage doesn't apply anymore.

From Sunday, before the patch:
[Sun Jun 04 23:19:18 2000] Your Snare spell has worn off.
[Sun Jun 04 23:19:18 2000] High Shaman Grisok says 'Hit By
non-melee for 37 damage'
[Sun Jun 04 23:19:18 2000] Your Ensnaring Roots spell has worn
off.

From Tuesday, after the patch:
[Wed Jun 07 02:29:56 2000] an icy orc says 'Hit By non-melee
for 37 damage'
[Wed Jun 07 02:29:56 2000] an icy orc's feet become entwined.

I only had my ebony proc twice on blue creatures, so I can not
comment on the insta-break other than to say it looks promising.

But this does not appear to be the message the follows a DoT.

Ted K.
--
Edward J. Kilsdonk Look, ytte is written in Olde. It muste
Graduate Student, History bee fromme before they invented fpelling.

Sang K. Choe

Jun 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/7/00
On 7 Jun 2000 07:11:41 GMT, ej...@node16.unix.Virginia.EDU (Edward
James Kilsdonk) wrote:

>I only had my ebony proc twice on blue creatures, so I can not
>comment on the insta-break other than to say it looks promising.
>
>But this does not appear to be the message the follows a DoT.

It is a dot--check the spell data file.
What it is is the DD damage amount is applied at a dot for one tick
and only one tick. But because it's a DoT damage and not a DD damage,
the root "break" save is never done. I suspect all it was, was a
single flag change in the spell database--the existing engine doesn't
bother checking for root breaks when the damage taken is a dot damage.

It is definately fixed. I did not get a single insta-break all night
last night and I was testing it on deep greens to nasty as hell blues
(dry bones outside of fear gate and on fear mobs--draco cons blue,
didn't root him though...died too fast from the stupid CT's DT).

-- Sang.

Edward James Kilsdonk

Jun 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/7/00
In article <3a9tjs4ac38vekp7s...@4ax.com>,

Sang K. Choe <sa...@choenet.com.remove.this.com> wrote:
>On 7 Jun 2000 07:11:41 GMT, ej...@node16.unix.Virginia.EDU (Edward
>James Kilsdonk) wrote:
>
>>I only had my ebony proc twice on blue creatures, so I can not
>>comment on the insta-break other than to say it looks promising.
>>
>>But this does not appear to be the message the follows a DoT.
>
>It is a dot--check the spell data file.
>What it is is the DD damage amount is applied at a dot for one tick
>and only one tick. But because it's a DoT damage and not a DD damage,
>the root "break" save is never done. I suspect all it was, was a
>single flag change in the spell database--the existing engine doesn't
>bother checking for root breaks when the damage taken is a dot damage.

Ah - many thanks for explaining this.

>It is definately fixed. I did not get a single insta-break all night
>last night and I was testing it on deep greens to nasty as hell blues
>(dry bones outside of fear gate and on fear mobs--draco cons blue,
>didn't root him though...died too fast from the stupid CT's DT).

Well, glad the spell is fixed. Sorry to hear about the
perilous encounter with the illustrius Mr. Thule

Sang K. Choe

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
On 7 Jun 2000 20:58:05 GMT, ej...@node4.unix.Virginia.EDU (Edward
James Kilsdonk) wrote:

>Well, glad the spell is fixed. Sorry to hear about the
>perilous encounter with the illustrius Mr. Thule

LOL! You don't go to fear without expecting to die at least once to
that muddite wanna be.

Hardly a major setback. :-)

Lost the roll on the Verm Tunic--*THAT* was a major setback. :-(

-- Sang.