Manaetic Behemoth

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 17, 2004, 10:43:23 AM11/17/04
Greetings,

Are any flags, keys or other pre-work required for Manaetic Behemoth ?

Best regards,

Tim ==

(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Seeq Endestroi
Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

Visit the Surrender Dorothy web ! (http://dorothyrocks.com)
Visit the Crunch Monkey web ! (http://crunchmonkey.com)

Graeme Faelban

Nov 17, 2004, 10:44:29 AM11/17/04
Seeq Endestroi <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in

> Greetings,
>
> Are any flags, keys or other pre-work required for Manaetic Behemoth ?

Yes, you need to speak with the Gnome inside the factory in PoI.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Tainniel Fleabane, Halfling Warrior of 32 seasons

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 17, 2004, 10:45:56 AM11/17/04
On 17 Nov 2004 15:44:29 GMT, Graeme Faelban <Richar...@netscape.net> wrote:

>Yes, you need to speak with the Gnome inside the factory in PoI.

Thanks.

Is this done by the RL, or does each individual PC need to have a chat with the Gnomage?

Other than that, nothing...?

-martin

Nov 17, 2004, 11:03:12 AM11/17/04
"Seeq Endestroi" <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

> Is this done by the RL, or does each individual PC need to have a chat
with the Gnomage?

> Other than that, nothing...?

Everybody has to.

And yes, thats the only pre-requirement.

Don't forget to hail after the kill.

-m

Davian

Nov 17, 2004, 11:12:55 AM11/17/04

"Seeq Endestroi" <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

> On 17 Nov 2004 15:44:29 GMT, Graeme Faelban <Richar...@netscape.net>
wrote:

> >Yes, you need to speak with the Gnome inside the factory in PoI.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Is this done by the RL, or does each individual PC need to have a chat with
the Gnomage?

Each person needs to run through the dialogue. Also, at least one person
needs to attack the gnome and get himself killed, along with no less than two
bards (who were playing AE mana.) ... well, ok, maybe that part isn't
strictly speaking necessary, but think of it as upholding tradition.

> Other than that, nothing...?

To get inside the factory, you need at least one person that has the flag to
open the factory door. This one person can hold the door open for the entire
raid though. The factory flag is gained by escorting the gnome in PoI to his
confrontation with the clockwork dragon. (Don't ask me to spell the name...
something close to Xananamech.)

Those who don't have the factory flag are not required to get it ever.
Although it does mean that if/when they get down to Plane of Time key
combinations, they will have to beg grumpy dwarven warriors to come to PoI and
fight to the factory to let them in the door.

--
Dearic - Dwarven Warlord of E'ci

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=50248

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 17, 2004, 11:22:20 AM11/17/04
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:12:55 GMT, "Davian" <dav...@nospammindspring.com> wrote:

>they will have to beg grumpy dwarven warriors to come
>to PoI and fight to the factory to let them in the door.

>Dearic - Dwarven Warlord of E'ci

<<snicker>>

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 17, 2004, 11:25:29 AM11/17/04
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:03:12 -0000, "-martin" <nospam-vil...@cheerful.com> wrote:

>Don't forget to hail after the kill.

Wow, do I need some hand-holding. No, I'm not the RL ;->

Hail whom?

This Illia's Bestiary post mentions something about obtaining a free AA point in PoK, once
the Behemoth is down. Is that what you're talking about?

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 17, 2004, 11:47:16 AM11/17/04
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:25:29 -0600, Seeq Endestroi <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>Wow, do I need some hand-holding.

Just found this thread on Allakhazam...

"Since this seems a bit unclear, I will give some tactics. First, realize that the MB is
the most difficult of the tier one bossess to kill. This engagement is by no means an easy
one...though this is usually due to the fact that after the MB is killed, things can often
go sour with too many seeking there flag or being concerned about the loot.
The Manaetic Behemoth (MB)is located in a room with 2 doors. This room is surrounded by
one huge square passage. In each of the corners of this passage (the corners of the square
passage around the MB's room) is where you need to set up a group to contain the spiders.
In other words, you need FOUR containment groups to hold back the spiders from entering
the MB's room and exploding. It is HIGHLY suggested to have as many enchanters as possible
for this raid, having at least one in each corner.
Prior to having the groups set up in each corner...NO ONE is to engage a spider. Just
leave the bloody things alone. In pick up raids, it is inevitable that someone will attack
one for some odd reason, do NOT heal that person or assist that person...just rez. Just
outside of the four corners are big tubes in the floor with light streaming out of it.
This is where spiders pour out of. The waves start of small, but begin to quicken with
more spiders as you go. Just hit with snares as they leave the holes and proceed towards
your corner. Chanters mez extra spiders if possible. Kill them, rinse and repeat...for 10
minutes.
During this ten minutes, you will have people asking what the hell is going on because no
matter what, many will not of listened to the pre-instructions about the ten minutes. Spam
that it takes ten minutes of containing spiders prior to MB being targetable. Once MB is
targetable, kill the bloody thing...not so easy, and some nasty surprises in killing him
such as silence. During his engagement, each corner must keep containing the spiders. IF
any get through they will wipe the raid force on MB, and thus no flag.
Once MB is down, it is HIGHLY important that your corners know that they are too keep
containing the spider. Send the MB force out to the corners to shore them up and do any
rezzes needed. As soon as containment is assured, have each corner peel off a certain
number to go back and hail the gnomer for the flag and go right back to the corner. If
strict control is not kept during this stage, you will die, you will lose the flag mob,you
will hear lots of moaning and crying over the raid being all screwed up and blaming it on
whoever led even though its some stupid players that leave their corners fault."

To this I will add that the raid begins with a fight through POI to the factory floor,
where each raid member hails Giwin Mirakon for a character flag. After MB is downed, a
Gnome pops (at MB's corpse...?), hail this guy for the Tactics flag. Back in PoK, hail
Seer Mal Nae`Shi, sit in front of her, and /say "Unlock my memories" repeatedly until you
recieve your flag AA.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks a bunch!

Seeq ==

John Gordon

Nov 17, 2004, 12:06:20 PM11/17/04

> Back in PoK, hail Seer Mal Nae`Shi, sit in front of her, and /say
> "Unlock my memories" repeatedly until you recieve your flag AA.

I thought Gram Dunnar, not the Seer, was the one who gave out AA points.

--
John Gordon "Between BST melee, their spells, their warders' melee,
gor...@panix.com and their warders' procs, they put out enough damage

Graeme Faelban

Nov 17, 2004, 12:32:49 PM11/17/04
> them up and do any rezzes needed. As soon as containment is assured,
> have each corner peel off a certain number to go back and hail the
> gnomer for the flag and go right back to the corner. If strict control
> is not kept during this stage, you will die, you will lose the flag
> mob,you will hear lots of moaning and crying over the raid being all
> screwed up and blaming it on whoever led even though its some stupid
> players that leave their corners fault."

Common tactic for the hail mob is to have a monk pull him out of the room
to one of the corridors, then fd, so, if spiders do get through, people can
still hail him for the flag. Then, you only need to worry about the
spiders for getting the loot off of MBs corpse.

Graeme Faelban

Nov 17, 2004, 12:38:04 PM11/17/04
Seeq Endestroi <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in

You'll want a minimum of one enchanter in each corner, bards work too, if
you can kill MB fast enough for them to keep the spiders mezzed.

> During this ten minutes, you will have people asking what the hell is
> going on because no matter what, many will not of listened to the
> pre-instructions about the ten minutes. Spam that it takes ten minutes
> of containing spiders prior to MB being targetable. Once MB is
> targetable, kill the bloody thing...not so easy, and some nasty
> surprises in killing him such as silence. During his engagement, each

MB needs to be burned to the ground as fast as possible, his AoEs are a
pain in the butt, so, the faster he dies, the less you have to worry
about them. Usual tactic is once targettable, bum rush him, with healers
staying out of range of the AoEs as much as possible, and keeping the MA
alive. Good idea to have as much AoE healage as possible, and paladins
in the groups for group heals, as you will keep your DPS up longer that
way.

> corner must keep containing the spiders. IF any get through they will
> wipe the raid force on MB, and thus no flag. Once MB is down, it is
> HIGHLY important that your corners know that they are too keep
> containing the spider. Send the MB force out to the corners to shore
> them up and do any rezzes needed. As soon as containment is assured,
> have each corner peel off a certain number to go back and hail the
> gnomer for the flag and go right back to the corner. If strict control
> is not kept during this stage, you will die, you will lose the flag
> mob,you will hear lots of moaning and crying over the raid being all
> screwed up and blaming it on whoever led even though its some stupid
> players that leave their corners fault."
>
> To this I will add that the raid begins with a fight through POI to
> the factory floor, where each raid member hails Giwin Mirakon for a
> character flag. After MB is downed, a Gnome pops (at MB's
> corpse...?), hail this guy for the Tactics flag. Back in PoK, hail
> Seer Mal Nae`Shi, sit in front of her, and /say "Unlock my memories"
> repeatedly until you recieve your flag AA.
>
> Am I missing anything?

To get the charm upgrade, and, I believe, the AA, you actually need to
talk to a dwarf in PoK in the other building near the PoT stone. Hail
him, and "tell him stories" or something like that.

GnecroVaz

Nov 17, 2004, 12:49:15 PM11/17/04
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:06:20 +0000 (UTC), John Gordon <gor...@panix.com> wrote:

>I thought Gram Dunnar, not the Seer, was the one who gave out AA points.

That's correct. You only talk to the Seer if your flags are out-of-order for
some reason or you just want to know which flags you have.

Faned

Nov 17, 2004, 4:55:51 PM11/17/04
<se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Are any flags, keys or other pre-work required for Manaetic Behemoth ?

Bunch of people have forgotten the key/flag required to *get to* Behemoth.
Someone has to have the factory key to let everyone get into the area
(factory key gotten by killing the clockwork dragon). Chances are, someone
will, but I know lots of people who don't.

Vladesch

Nov 17, 2004, 9:13:31 PM11/17/04
"Seeq Endestroi" <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

> Greetings,
>
> Are any flags, keys or other pre-work required for Manaetic Behemoth ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tim ==

2 things that need to be done..

1) You need someone with a factory flag to let you into the MB area. Just 1
person can let in the whole raid (its just a door), but if noone has this,
you can get it by doing the xanamech event elsewhere in POI.

2) Once into the factory, you need to say to the gnome "I will test the
machine". (preflag)

Then after MB is dead, you just hail the gnome for your tactics flag.

I daresay if you forget (2) the sage in POK can fix it up.

Hagen Sienhold

Nov 18, 2004, 9:14:17 AM11/18/04
Graeme Faelban <Richar...@netscape.net> wrote:
> MB needs to be burned to the ground as fast as possible, his AoEs are a
> pain in the butt, so, the faster he dies, the less you have to worry
> about them. Usual tactic is once targettable, bum rush him, with healers
> staying out of range of the AoEs as much as possible, and keeping the MA
> alive. Good idea to have as much AoE healage as possible, and paladins
> in the groups for group heals, as you will keep your DPS up longer that
> way.
If you have the numbers it's a good and proven tactic. But I offer a
different approach for raiding MB with smaller numbers. When my old
guild did MB we were only 34 people there. We set up the spider groups
and started to kill them. when MB became targetable the MT and one bard
got into the MB chamber. Two clerics were holding the MT with fast heals
and we used ranged dps to kill MB. The bard did not get any heal for the
whole fight but didn't have any problems there. It was a flawless kill
and since we kept the spiders killed the whole time it was easy to pull
the gnome outside the room and announce loot.

Since we were not in VT the gear of our guild was at Velious/SSRa/LDoN level.
OoW wasn't out then so it's quite doable with a even smaller raid force.
Just make sure your raid knows what it should do.

Hagen

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 18, 2004, 3:46:54 PM11/18/04
Couple of additional questions:

Are you safe from the Spider's AoE if you're outside MBs room? If so, does having the
door open or closed make a difference?

What are the spiders doing when you first enter the MB hallway? Are they lounging around,
or are they forever walking into his room and blowing up, even before the event begins?
If they're blowing up, is it with their full-force AoE?

What actually starts the event? Is it simply when MB notices that the spiders are no
longer making it to his room, or is there a trigger?

Does anyone know the Gnome's name, the one who spawns when MB is slain? How long does he
hang around?

Thanks,

Tim ==

Graeme Faelban

Nov 18, 2004, 4:35:03 PM11/18/04

> Couple of additional questions:
>
> Are you safe from the Spider's AoE if you're outside MBs room? If so,
> does having the door open or closed make a difference?
>
> What are the spiders doing when you first enter the MB hallway? Are
> they lounging around, or are they forever walking into his room and
> blowing up, even before the event begins? If they're blowing up, is it
> with their full-force AoE?

Not sure off hand.

> What actually starts the event? Is it simply when MB notices that the
> spiders are no longer making it to his room, or is there a trigger?

After 10ish minutes of spiders not arriving, MB wakes up and is
targetable.

> Does anyone know the Gnome's name, the one who spawns when MB is
> slain? How long does he hang around?

I believe it's the same as the Gnome for the preflag, but not certain off
hand.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 14 Dwarven Shaman, 10 Scholar

Davian

Nov 18, 2004, 5:37:09 PM11/18/04

"Seeq Endestroi" <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

> Couple of additional questions:
>
> Are you safe from the Spider's AoE if you're outside MBs room? If so, does
having the
> door open or closed make a difference?

Yes, you're safe if you're outside the room. Having the door open or closed
makes no difference at all.

(And before you ask, no you cannot simply pull MB out of the room so you don't
have to deal with the spider AA, he is leashed inside. If he leaves the room
for more than a few seconds he will warp back to the center.)

> What are the spiders doing when you first enter the MB hallway? Are they
lounging around,
> or are they forever walking into his room and blowing up, even before the
event begins?
> If they're blowing up, is it with their full-force AoE?

The spiders never stop, whether MB is up, down or just died. They will
continually spawn and walk to his room, where they explode for 4000 damage
each.

(And wasn't that a fun suprise the first time we found the room. MB wasn't
up and we knew nothing about the event, so we just started wandering across
looking for somewhere to kill things, and *BOOM* four spiders exploded at
once.)

> What actually starts the event? Is it simply when MB notices that the
spiders are no

> longer making it to his room, or is there a trigger?1

He is visible if he is up, but not targetable. To begin the event, you just
start killing the spiders. Once the spiders have not reached the room for
several minutes, you will be able to target MB. (At this point if he is not
killed, he will despawn within 30'ish minutes. Realisticly you will only get
one attempt)

> Does anyone know the Gnome's name, the one who spawns when MB is slain? How
long does he
> hang around?

It's the same gnome from the first room of the factory. He will be up for 15
or 30 mintues, I forget which. Or until he gives out 72 flags.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Dearic - Dwarven Fighter on Mistmoore

Dearic - Dwarven Warlord on E'ci
Talynne - Half Elf Assassin on E'ci

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 18, 2004, 5:48:14 PM11/18/04
Here's my final strategy, if anyone remains interested :P

Manaetic Behemoth Strategy Guide
Seeq, The Rathe
Nov 2004

This event requires a nice, chunky tank, many mezzers and a lot of DPS. You'll need
something like 50+ PCs at an average level of 64 to successfully complete the script.

Before the event, all raid members should speak with Giwin Mirakon, on the PoI factory
floor. They will receive a character flag for their troubles.

Secure the hallway outside MB's room. Take down everything EXCEPT the Power Carrier
"spiders." They are "no-touchie" for now. Don't fret, they aren't KOS and they aren't
social.

Split off 4 "spider groups", one to each corner of the hallway surrounding MB's room.
Each spider group needs to include a mezzer and a healer. These groups should be
self-sufficient. A good spider group will be able to rend a target in under 20 seconds.

Put *all* of your pet classes into the spider groups, which will A> increase their DPS,
and B> keep wayward pets from aggroing MB onto the caster line.

Form up a couple of strictly mezz groups. Position their members equidistant around the
hallway.

The ranged-DPS and healer lines should group tightly, just outside the door to MB's room.
The idea is that they should be able to easily see into the room to cast heals and nukes.
STAY OUT OF THE SPIDER'S AOE RANGE.

The MT should be pre-positioned at the door to MB's room.

Melee classes should stand to the side of the door, out of the way of the casters and
healers.

At the RL's signal, the spider groups should start attacking their targets. NONE MUST
PASS. ALL MUST DIE. Once you start this part of the script, any spider that makes it
into MBs room will detonate with a 4K AoE that will threaten, or severely damage, the
caster line and the secondary DPS PCs.

Now you can see that the mezz groups are holding the hallway as insurance against any
sneaky spiders. Stay frosty! You cannot afford to let even one of those things get by.

It's going to be a long night for the spider and mezz groups. This is not so much a "kill
the MB" raid as it is a "manage the spiders" raid. ;->

After 10 minutes, MB will wake up in a bad mood (become targetable), because of the
interruption in the spider conga line which brings him power.

The MT will engage MB. MB casts a spell with Force push, so it is best if the MT
positions himself against a wall. Make sure that the healers can see the MT through the
door. Hold the door open as necessary.

The healers should use blast heals, as opposed to a heal chain, because the fight won't
last long enough to get the chain up to speed.

After the MT beats MB down to 95% health, all of the ranged-DPS and melee should
"killswitch-engage," and take that clown down really really fast.

At this point, all of the DPS classes in the spider groups should bum-rush into battle
alongside the main raid force. CASTER PET CLASSES MUST BE VERY VERY CAREFUL NOT TO AGGRO
MB TO THE CASTER AND HEALER LINES.

All of the mezzing classes should do whatever it takes to keep all of the spiders frozen
in place, while slowly falling back towards the door to MB's room. Sounds easy, but can
be quite challenging. At this point, the mezzers ability to stay focused on their task is
what makes or breaks the raid.

As MB falls, the mezzers must remember to keep the spiders frozen in place. Just a little
longer, gang...

Send an FD or mem blur puller into MBs room to loot. Then, he should attack and FD-pull
the spawned Gnome as far away from MB's room as possible, which had better be outside of
the spider's AoE range.

Everyone should then swarm the Gnome, and hail him for their Tactics flag.

The whole time, make sure you're far outside the spider's AoE range. Any spiders that
break mezz and aggro the raid party can be dealt with accordingly.

Back in PoK, everyone in the raid party should visit Gram Dunnar to get their free
I-Just-Got-A-Flag AA point.

(FYI - MB is a 3.5 hour reset. So if you wipe you will have plenty of time for CRs.))

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 18, 2004, 6:08:55 PM11/18/04
Thanks!

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 18, 2004, 10:31:21 PM11/18/04
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:48:14 -0600, Seeq Endestroi <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>Here's my final strategy, if anyone remains interested :P

Strategy be damned. We wiped. Spider groups lost control and MB had us for lunch.

Ben Sisson

Nov 18, 2004, 11:01:54 PM11/18/04
A thousand monkeys banging on keyboards posted the following under the
name Seeq Endestroi <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk>:

>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:48:14 -0600, Seeq Endestroi <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Here's my final strategy, if anyone remains interested :P
>
>Strategy be damned. We wiped. Spider groups lost control and MB had us for lunch.

That really shouldn't happen. Get better enchanters. An enchanter who
got their level legit (non-pled) had better be able to control eight
to ten spiders if not more on their *own*, no healing or they need to
stop leveling and start learning how to play their class.

When we did it the only people we left in the corners after MB became
targettable were the enchanters. We didn't engage until the entire
raid (besides them) were assembled, which doesn't take very long. Then
all your dps is assembled and ready at once.

And there shouldn't be any need to worry about positioning or anything
fancy like that on MB unless you are doing something wrong. No one is
going to run out of mana, no chance in hell, the fight doesn't last
long enough (unless they are low level).

--

"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin

"It's certainly not a "memory leak." - 'shadows', my latest stalker
"No one said it wasn't a memory leak." - 'shadows' a few posts later

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 18, 2004, 11:08:16 PM11/18/04
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:01:54 GMT, Ben Sisson <ilkhanik...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>A thousand monkeys banging on keyboards posted the following under the
>name Seeq Endestroi <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk>:

>>We wiped. Spider groups lost control and MB had us for lunch.

>That really shouldn't happen. Get better enchanters. An enchanter who
>got their level legit (non-pled) had better be able to control eight
>to ten spiders if not more on their *own*, no healing or they need to
>stop leveling and start learning how to play their class.

That was positively the reason that we wiped. Post-rez, the mezzers agosh about a
3-second cast on their mezz, and how the spiders were taking about 3 seconds to make it
down the hall. I don't know. I was busy bringing melee DPS to MB, and dying :->

Graeme Faelban

Nov 19, 2004, 9:55:17 AM11/19/04
"Davian" <dav...@nospammindspring.com> wrote in

> "Seeq Endestroi" <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Couple of additional questions:
>>
>> Are you safe from the Spider's AoE if you're outside MBs room? If
>> so, does having the door open or closed make a difference?
>
> Yes, you're safe if you're outside the room. Having the door open or
> closed makes no difference at all.
>
> (And before you ask, no you cannot simply pull MB out of the room so
> you don't have to deal with the spider AA, he is leashed inside. If
> he leaves the room for more than a few seconds he will warp back to
> the center.)

And regen massive amounts of hp when he does.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>

Graeme, 14 Dwarven Shaman, 12 Scholar

Graeme Faelban

Nov 19, 2004, 10:01:23 AM11/19/04

> Here's my final strategy, if anyone remains interested :P
>

> Manaetic Behemoth Strategy Guide
> Seeq, The Rathe
> Nov 2004
>
> This event requires a nice, chunky tank, many mezzers and a lot of
> DPS. You'll need something like 50+ PCs at an average level of 64 to
> successfully complete the script.
>
> Before the event, all raid members should speak with Giwin Mirakon, on
> the PoI factory floor. They will receive a character flag for their
> troubles.
>
> Secure the hallway outside MB's room. Take down everything EXCEPT the
> Power Carrier "spiders." They are "no-touchie" for now. Don't fret,
> they aren't KOS and they aren't social.

There are no other MoBs in that area to worry about, just some to kill on
the way there.

<snip>

> Send an FD or mem blur puller into MBs room to loot. Then, he should
> attack and FD-pull the spawned Gnome as far away from MB's room as
> possible, which had better be outside of the spider's AoE range.

Most of the loot is NO DROP, so, the winners will have to go in and loot,
this means that you must keep groups killing spiders.

Graeme Faelban

Nov 19, 2004, 10:10:10 AM11/19/04
Seeq Endestroi <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in

Not at all unusual on a first attempt. Just keep refining the strategy to
what works best for you, and you'll get it. For a first time kill, with
the likely level of equipment you will have, numbers will help,
particularly adding folks that can help with DPS and with group/AoE heals.

Zymyool

Nov 19, 2004, 11:01:37 AM11/19/04
"Ben Sisson" <ilkhanik...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:5trqp0dqucjtn73d6...@4ax.com...> A thousand monkeys

banging on keyboards posted the following under the
> That really shouldn't happen. Get better enchanters. An enchanter who
> got their level legit (non-pled) had better be able to control eight
> to ten spiders if not more on their *own*, no healing or they need to
> stop leveling and start learning how to play their class.

I've seen enchanters go into this using their high level mezzes that chew up
their mana and go OOM while I'm sitting at 95% mana in another corner.
These spiders are AOE Mezzable ( get a DoT bracelet and DoT yourself if
you're worried about Mezzing yourself ) and low enough to use a low-mana mez
( Entrance? ) on. Maybe GoK is needed, but I think Entrance was the one I
used - it's been too long.

A Chanter / Druid duo is great for the corners.

--
Zymyool

Davian

Nov 19, 2004, 11:29:34 AM11/19/04

"Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message

Dazzle, I think. The spiders are all level 45 ish. You don't need GoK until
you hit mobs past 55.

> A Chanter / Druid duo is great for the corners.

We used enchanter / shaman duos. The shamans could then slow the spiders so
the enchanter didn't get eaten if they stacked up too much.

Also you lost less healing power from the main fight with only shamans doing
it. Druids healing at the corner aren't doing the MGB heals they should be
;p

Davian

Nov 19, 2004, 11:37:54 AM11/19/04

"Seeq Endestroi" <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

Were they in front of MB's room, or positioned at the corner? I only scanned
your strategy, but I was left with the impression that they would be guarding
the door.

They need to be doing thier thing in each corner, so theres enough time to
grab everything that is coming. That way even if one gets past them, they can
still mez it before it gets to the door (and once they aggro it it will lose
all interest in the door.)

Also, I didn't see any mention of AE heals. Those are key on an MB fight,
since most of his damage comes from AE DoT's. You'll want a druid able to MGB
Spirit of the Wood, and a cleric to MGB Celestial Regeneration. (And for the
melee to save four open buff slots, 2 for DoT's 2 for Heals.) A second of
each would be even better, since they would be able to renew it when the first
fades. If MB is still alive at the end of the second AE heal, you've already
lost. Burn, burn, burn him down the moment the tank has good aggro. Melee
discs on charge.

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 19, 2004, 3:09:10 PM11/19/04
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:37:54 GMT, "Davian" <dav...@nospammindspring.com> wrote:

>Were they in front of MB's room, or positioned at the corner? I only scanned
>your strategy, but I was left with the impression that they would be guarding
>the door.

The spider groups, with their mezzers, were in each corner.

>Also, I didn't see any mention of AE heals. Those are key on an MB fight,
>since most of his damage comes from AE DoT's. You'll want a druid able to MGB
>Spirit of the Wood, and a cleric to MGB Celestial Regeneration. (And for the
>melee to save four open buff slots, 2 for DoT's 2 for Heals.) A second of
>each would be even better, since they would be able to renew it when the first
>fades. If MB is still alive at the end of the second AE heal, you've already
>lost. Burn, burn, burn him down the moment the tank has good aggro. Melee
>discs on charge.

That's really good advice regarding the buff slots. Thanks!

Graeme Faelban

Nov 19, 2004, 4:14:45 PM11/19/04

> "Zymyool" <ple...@reply.in.here> wrote in message
>> "Ben Sisson" <ilkhanik...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>> news:5trqp0dqucjtn73d6...@4ax.com...> A thousand
>> monkeys banging on keyboards posted the following under the
>> > That really shouldn't happen. Get better enchanters. An enchanter
>> > who got their level legit (non-pled) had better be able to control
>> > eight to ten spiders if not more on their *own*, no healing or they
>> > need to stop leveling and start learning how to play their class.
>>
>> I've seen enchanters go into this using their high level mezzes that
>> chew up their mana and go OOM while I'm sitting at 95% mana in
>> another corner. These spiders are AOE Mezzable ( get a DoT bracelet
>> and DoT yourself if you're worried about Mezzing yourself ) and low
>> enough to use a low-mana mez ( Entrance? ) on. Maybe GoK is needed,
>> but I think Entrance was the one I used - it's been too long.
>>

> Dazzle, I think. The spiders are all level 45 ish. You don't need
> GoK until you hit mobs past 55.
>
>> A Chanter / Druid duo is great for the corners.
>
> We used enchanter / shaman duos. The shamans could then slow the
> spiders so the enchanter didn't get eaten if they stacked up too much.
>
> Also you lost less healing power from the main fight with only shamans
> doing it. Druids healing at the corner aren't doing the MGB heals
> they should be ;p

Of course nowadays, shaman have MGB heals too...

Not as good as druid ones I believe, but still, we do get them.

Hagen Sienhold

Nov 22, 2004, 9:22:33 AM11/22/04
Seeq Endestroi <se...@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:
> Here's my final strategy, if anyone remains interested :P

> Manaetic Behemoth Strategy Guide
> Seeq, The Rathe
> Nov 2004

> This event requires a nice, chunky tank, many mezzers and a lot of DPS. You'll need
> something like 50+ PCs at an average level of 64 to successfully complete the script.

I did point out a strategy with lower numbers. But yours should work
fine too. Altough I do have a few suggestions.

> Secure the hallway outside MB's room. Take down everything EXCEPT the Power Carrier
> "spiders." They are "no-touchie" for now. Don't fret, they aren't KOS and they aren't
> social.

Not sure what you mean here but there is nothing except spiders.

> Split off 4 "spider groups", one to each corner of the hallway surrounding MB's room.
> Each spider group needs to include a mezzer and a healer. These groups should be
> self-sufficient. A good spider group will be able to rend a target in under 20 seconds.

> Put *all* of your pet classes into the spider groups, which will A> increase their DPS,
> and B> keep wayward pets from aggroing MB onto the caster line.

As the AE from MB won't touch anything outside his room there is no
danger of pets going berzerk.

> Form up a couple of strictly mezz groups. Position their members equidistant around the
> hallway.

This is something I can't make sense of. What are these groups for? Just
put your mezzers alongside the normal spidergroups. If you got more than
one mezzer per group let them be backups there. But a special mezzer
group isn't required. As Ben pointed out in another post one mezzer per
corner should be enough.

> The ranged-DPS and healer lines should group tightly, just outside the door to MB's room.
> The idea is that they should be able to easily see into the room to cast heals and nukes.
> STAY OUT OF THE SPIDER'S AOE RANGE.

> The MT should be pre-positioned at the door to MB's room.

> Melee classes should stand to the side of the door, out of the way of the casters and
> healers.

> At the RL's signal, the spider groups should start attacking their targets. NONE MUST
> PASS. ALL MUST DIE. Once you start this part of the script, any spider that makes it
> into MBs room will detonate with a 4K AoE that will threaten, or severely damage, the
> caster line and the secondary DPS PCs.

> Now you can see that the mezz groups are holding the hallway as insurance against any
> sneaky spiders. Stay frosty! You cannot afford to let even one of those things get by.

As mentioned dump these mezzers in the spider groups and don't care
about the spiders already en route to MB. Unless one spider group
manages to miss a spider nothing bad happens.

> It's going to be a long night for the spider and mezz groups. This is not so much a "kill
> the MB" raid as it is a "manage the spiders" raid. ;->

Indeed it is. :)

> After 10 minutes, MB will wake up in a bad mood (become targetable), because of the
> interruption in the spider conga line which brings him power.

> The MT will engage MB. MB casts a spell with Force push, so it is best if the MT
> positions himself against a wall. Make sure that the healers can see the MT through the
> door. Hold the door open as necessary.

I doubt that healers need LoS. Unless the MT is out of range they should
be fine even behind closed doors.

> All of the mezzing classes should do whatever it takes to keep all of the spiders frozen
> in place, while slowly falling back towards the door to MB's room. Sounds easy, but can
> be quite challenging. At this point, the mezzers ability to stay focused on their task is
> what makes or breaks the raid.

Telling them to slowly fall back towards MB isn't a good option in my
book. The spiders won't spawn that fast. And the range on mezzes should
be sufficient to even catch a spider that spawned when another mezz is
underway.

> Send an FD or mem blur puller into MBs room to loot. Then, he should attack and FD-pull
> the spawned Gnome as far away from MB's room as possible, which had better be outside of
> the spider's AoE range.

Just out of the room is enough. Btw, bards can clear aggro too. ;)

Hagen

Hagen Sienhold

Nov 22, 2004, 9:07:27 AM11/22/04
Davian <dav...@nospammindspring.com> wrote:
> Dazzle, I think. The spiders are all level 45 ish. You don't need GoK until
> you hit mobs past 55.
I often find GoK more convenient as it is the first mezz that checks
against a reduced MR. So it is a bit harder to resist.

Hagen

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 22, 2004, 11:27:29 AM11/22/04
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:22:33 +0100, Hagen Sienhold <durr...@web.de> wrote:

>Hagen

Thanks for the useful criticism. I appreciate it.

Faned

Nov 22, 2004, 1:54:30 PM11/22/04
<durr...@web.de> wrote:
> > Put *all* of your pet classes into the spider groups, which will A> increase their DPS,
> > and B> keep wayward pets from aggroing MB onto the caster line.
> As the AE from MB won't touch anything outside his room there is no
> danger of pets going berzerk.

Yeah, that's why my pocket cleric, who has never walked into that room,
always got tossed down the hall while I was busy fighting. =) The spiders
blowing up doesn't extend out into the hall, but the Behemoth's AEs
definitely do. Oh how, at the time, we wished they wouldn't cause that
would have made the fight a lot easier if we could just stick the healers on
the other side of a wall.

For my guild, this fight was twice as hard as RZ for becoming elemental.

Hagen Sienhold

Nov 23, 2004, 5:45:27 AM11/23/04

Thanks for the clarification. We fought the MB right at his spot so its
AEs probably were not reaching the outside. I assumed the walls would
block it's AE.

> For my guild, this fight was twice as hard as RZ for becoming elemental.

My former guild probably won't see the elementals but we twice killed
the MB with 34 people. Flawless I might add. ;)

Hagen

Seeq Endestroi

Nov 23, 2004, 8:30:33 AM11/23/04
Updated, saving for posterity via GOOGLE NEWS ;->

---------

Manaetic Behemoth Strategy Guide
Seeq, The Rathe
Nov 2004

This event requires a nice, chunky tank, many mezzers and a lot of DPS. You'll need

something like 36-42 (or more) PCs at an average level of 64 to successfully complete the
script. Don't even attempt this event unless you can bring 4 or more strong mezzers to the
party.

Before the event, all raid members should speak with Giwin Mirakon, on the PoI factory
floor. They will receive a character flag for their troubles.

Fight through to the hallway outside MB's room. Once you're there, the only thing around
will be some speedy little spiders (Power Carriers). Don't waste any time on them just
yet. They aren't KOS and they aren't social.

IMPORTANT!! WHEN THE SPIDERS REACH MB, EACH DETONATES WITH A 4K AoE DD THAT BLANKETS THE
ENTIRE ROOM. This occurs 24/7/365, raid or no raid. Watch yourselves and do not enter MBs
room for any reason until - and if - you are told to do so.

Designate 4 spider groups, and assign one to each corner of the hallway surrounding MB's
room. Each spider group needs to include a mezzer (perhaps 2 is better) and a healer. It
is best if the mezzers can spam AoE mezz the spider spawns for 10 solid minutes. Also:
design each spider group as you would a self-sufficient XP group. A spider group has to be
able to maintain its corner without any outside assistance.

The ranged-DPS and healer lines should group tightly, just outside the door to MB's room.

They will never enter the room, but will cast through the door and/or walls. Stay back
against the far wall of the hallway - MB's AoE spells can sometimes reach outside the
room.

The MT should be pre-positioned at the door to MB's room.

Melee classes should stand to the side of the door, out of the way of the casters and
healers.

At the RL's signal, the spider groups should start attacking their targets. A good spider
group will be able to rend their level 45-ish targets in under 20 seconds. NONE MUST PASS.
ALL MUST DIE. The intent here is to completely stop the flow of spiders into MB's room,
and keep it that way until MB has been slain and looted, and further until the resultant
quest Gnome has been FD-pulled outside of MB's room. Gotta keep those 4k AoE DDs under
control, at all costs! This is where the extra mezzers in the spider groups really pay
off. Stay frosty! Once the main attack begins, the spider groups cannot afford to let even
one of those things get by or the raid will wipe, nine out of ten times.

It makes for a long night for the spider groups. This is not so much a "kill the MB" raid
as it is a "manage the damn spiders" raid. ;->

After a few minutes, MB will wake up in a bad mood (become targetable), because of the
interruption in the spider conga line.

The MT can now engage MB. MB casts spells that include force-push, so it is best if the MT

positions himself against a wall.

Make sure that the healers can see the MT through the door. Hold the door open as
necessary.

Sending a Bard in alongside the MT can be discouraging, because MB casts an AoE Silence
spell that interferes with Bard songs.

The healers should use blast heals and AoE heals, as opposed to a big heal chain, because
the typical fight against MB doesn't last long enough to get a heal chain up to speed.

After the MT beats MB down to 95% health, all of the MB ranged-DPS and melee should
"killswitch-engage," and take that clown down really really fast. The faster you drop MB,
the faster you can stop worrying about all those damn spiders.

At this point, all of the DPS classes in the spider groups should bum-rush into MB's room,

into battle alongside the main raid force. CASTER PET CLASSES MUST BE VERY VERY CAREFUL

NOT TO AGGRO MB TO THE CASTER AND HEALER LINES. Did I mention that MB summons?

HERE'S THE VERY IMPORTANT PART!!! The mezzers in the hallway corners must do whatever it
takes to keep all of the spawns frozen in place. This sounds easy, but is truthfully quite
challenging even for very experienced players. The mezzers' ability to stay focused on
their task is what makes or breaks the raid. If just one spider gets into the room and
pops, his 4k AoE will stack with whatever crap MB is slinging about and BOOM!!
t-t-t-that's all, folks.

ALMOST AS IMPORTANT!!! After MB falls, the corner mezzers must remember to KEEP GOING!
Keep holding all spiders in place. Just a little longer, gang...

Send an FD or mem blur puller into MBs room to publish the no-drop loot and collect any
droppable items. EVERYBODY WATCH FOR SNEAKY SPIDERS.

Then the looter should attack and FD-pull the spawned Gnome back into the hallway, a
little away from the door for safety's sake, while the no-drop loot is assigned and
claimed.

Once everyone is clear of MB's room...finally...the corner mezzers can rejoin the raid
party. /cheer mezzers

Everybody can begin to swarm the Gnome as soon as he's pulled from MB's room, and hail him
for their Tactics flag. As many as 72 folks have to get through the script before he
depops, so work fast. You've got at least 15 minutes.

Any spiders that break mezz during this time and foolishly aggro the raid party can be
dealt with accordingly.

Back in PoK, everyone in the raid party should visit Gram Dunnar to get their free

I-Just-Got-a-Flag AA point.

(FYI - MB is a 3.5 hour reset. So if you wipe you will have plenty of time for rezzes and
rebuffs. Also note that he is a 3-day respawn, so if someone barges in on your rotation it
may be awhile before you can try again.)