Re: Reset Device() failed

Message has been deleted

RangerGirl

Mar 29, 2008, 6:39:55 PM3/29/08
I get the same error after running a full anti virus scan, uasually have to
reboot, so guessing it's either anti virus or firewall related.

Message has been deleted

Impmon

Mar 30, 2008, 4:14:12 AM3/30/08
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:05:25 -0700, bizbee <tub...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Anyone got an actualy answer to this problem?

Basically EQ can't play nice with video driver and blows up when you
switch resolution and color depth setting between EQ and Window
desktop. It usually helps to have the resolution and depth setting
matching both Windows and EQ.

I only get this error in EQ, never with any other game that uses full
screen (same or different rresolution) so basically it's more of EQ
problem not playing nice with video drivers.

Ula...@hotmail.com

Mar 30, 2008, 6:05:26 AM3/30/08

Yeah,never worked for me in about 8 years with several different
cpus and graphic cards.
EQ2 is even worse in this regard.

I save me the usual flame about product quality in general delivered
by SOE,though I still wonder why Sony allows SOE to hurt their name
so bad.

Schadenfreude

Mar 30, 2008, 12:18:48 PM3/30/08
wrote:

>OK, I used to get this error on occasion switching from full screen to
>windowed mode, but over the last couple months I seem to get it at
>just random times, usually when trying to log in, or zoning. Anyone
>have any idea what is actually causing this? I've seen the question
>asked in more than a couple places, and never any real answer, just
>shit like "Ya know my cousin's neighbor's friend said he knew a guy
>that told him someone said you need to..." I've made no changes to the
>system to speak of for a long time, and I'm running the DX that just
>came out (I hoped that would fix it, but no cigar).

>Anyone got an actualy answer to this problem?

It's video card/driver related and used to happen to me randomly when
using the keyboard shortcut to change from windowed to fullscreen.

I then started using the toggle box in Options (click the EQ icon or
whatever) to change screen-modes and the problem has gone away.

--
Schadenfreude of Bristlebane
schaden...@hotmail.com

the wharf rat

Mar 30, 2008, 1:55:40 PM3/30/08
In article <rqiuu39ttork43des...@4ax.com>,

Impmon <imp...@digi.mon> wrote:

>I only get this error in EQ, never with any other game that uses full
>screen (same or different rresolution) so basically it's more of EQ
>problem not playing nice with video drivers.

I hear they're going to make that an AA in the next
patch: Divine Resolution. Each level reduces your chance of a core dump
by 7%.