How to patch BF2 with lack of disk space in C: drive. Very easy!

ANT...@zimage.com

Nov 23, 2005, 5:29:19 PM11/23/05
W00T!!! Spread the words, people! EA and DICE, I hope you fix this in your next patch. Sloppy work here!

--

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=112373#112373 said:

"I found solution that worked for me (with 1.3GB free space on system
drive Wink ).

It is advised that you create backup of system registry before proceeding.

Run regedit

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CurrentVersion

Do not expand CurrentVersion node, just highlight it.
Find ProgramFilesDir variable in the window on the right side of the screen.

It will point to your program files directory (usually "C:\Program Files").

Change that path to folder on a drive that has enough space to patch
BF2. Close regedit (this will save changes) and run the patch. After the
patching is finished open regedit again and restore the previous value
to the ProgramFilesDir (don't forget to do it - your system may become
unstable if you won't).

This worked for me. I hope it will help at least some of you too."
--
"I once heard the survivors of a colony of ants that had been partially obliterated by a cow's foot seriously debating the intention of the gods towards their civilization" --Archy the Cockroach from Don Marquis' "Archy and Mehitabel" book ("Certain Maxims of Archy" poem)
/\___/\
( )