New Wad File: Megawatt.wad

9878...@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu

Apr 3, 1994, 12:24:59 AM4/3/94
After many hours of tutoring by Mike Kelsey, author of Stones.wad, on the
use of the Deu 5 editor I have managed to create my first complete doom level.
Let me assure my fellow Doomers that this is worth your download time. The
file is called megawatt.zip and can be found at either wuarchive.wustl.edu in
the /pub/msdos_uploads/games/doomstuff directory or at ocf.unt.edu in the
/pub/incoming directory. I hope you enjoy this level and I would appreciate
any and all comments regarding my level.

C. Miller (9878...@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu)
Babylon 5 Forever!

tdi...@hamp.hampshire.edu

Apr 3, 1994, 4:08:03 PM4/3/94
In Article <16F8C12D2BS...@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu>
This level is as good or better than any of the originals.
The design and strategy are fantastic. Everyone should try this. It
is a great piece of work. I've been playing it all day.
Thanks for keeping the game interesting with new levels.

-TBD

Jeff May

Apr 4, 1994, 4:48:21 PM4/4/94

In a previous article, 9878...@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu () says:

> After many hours of tutoring by Mike Kelsey, author of Stones.wad, on the
>use of the Deu 5 editor I have managed to create my first complete doom level.
>Let me assure my fellow Doomers that this is worth your download time. The
>file is called megawatt.zip and can be found at either wuarchive.wustl.edu in
>the /pub/msdos_uploads/games/doomstuff directory or at ocf.unt.edu in the
>/pub/incoming directory. I hope you enjoy this level and I would appreciate
>any and all comments regarding my level.

If you get the time, please upload this and any new levels to
alt.binaries.doom for those of us who can't access ftp. I found Stones
there - so far, the user-levels are darned impressive!

--
Regards, Jeff May (ah...@Freenet.carleton.ca)
Coming to you LIVE the Nation's Capital, Ontario Canada!

Steve Simpson

Apr 4, 1994, 9:51:23 PM4/4/94
would someone please put megawatt.wad on ocf.unt.edu if it's not already
there. thanks.

9878...@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu

Apr 12, 1994, 10:59:24 PM4/12/94
In article <2oelof$e...@nighthawk.ksu.ksu.edu>
to...@nighthawk.ksu.ksu.edu (Patrick A Friedl) writes:

>> Could some kind soul help out a hopeless addict and email (uuencoded)
>> me stones.wad and megawatt.wad (or any good .wad's)?
>

>HEY! If your sending it, please add me too, if it's not too much trouble.
>I don't get on the net very often.....Thanks! to...@mattb.ksu.ksu.edu

When I get finished with my new level and have finished debugging megawatt, I
will maybe see about uuencoding them and sending it up on alt.binaries.doom.
I will post in this newsgroup when I have done so which looks to be about a
week and a half down the road.
C. Miller
Babylon 5 Forever!

Eric Hietala

Apr 18, 1994, 12:35:37 PM4/18/94
In article <16F9610B0DS...@wsuvm1.csc.wsu.edu>, 9878...@wsuvm1.csc wrote:
> In article <2oelof$e...@nighthawk.ksu.ksu.edu>
> to...@nighthawk.ksu.ksu.edu (Patrick A Friedl) writes:

> When I get finished with my new level and have finished debugging megawatt, I
> will maybe see about uuencoding them and sending it up on alt.binaries.doom.

> C. Miller

Megawatt seems very good, well-integrated and challenging. I noticed
HOM in the imp-and-guard L-shaped room with static staircase, this room
close to start position. The HOM is on the inside of the secret door
within the L-room (the secret with 1-2 guards, ammo and a switch).
SPISPOPD to get out when the HOM door comes down.

But I haven't figured Megawatt out yet. After I kill the 5-6 tomatoes
from the cavernous interior area, can't get farther... Any hints?
There is that other door in the open-air commons that is blocked by
stone... Can't push it or shoot it, must be a switch/trigger somewhere!
--
Eric Hietala: er...@clark.net