Doom, Vshield, and 4MB RAM

Karl R. Peters

Nov 7, 1994, 12:00:00 PM11/7/94

Howdy there folks, just a simple question, replies via email would be
appreciated.
Viruses are spreading rampantly on the computers here at school, which
is a problem, because I happen to use them frequently to download wad files
via ftp from various sites. Fortunately I happen to be experienced enough
with McAffe's anti-virus software package, and I've managed to keep my
system at home clean.
What I'm currently doing is scanning memory, the boot sector, and the root
directory of my hard drive whenever I boot my computer. (Scan c:\)
What I'd like to do is be able to install a TSR that would watch for
viruses being loaded into memory while the computer is running.
I believe this is the purpose vshield serves.

Of course, running vshield, and then running doom crashes my computer.

Does anyone know of a virus detection tsr that's compatible with doom?
Or how I can make vshield (v117) cmpatible with it?

Thanks!

Karl
(marx)

esm...@ivory.trentu.ca

Nov 8, 1994, 1:13:18 PM11/8/94
In article <m0r4XR8...@m-net.arbornet.org>, krpe...@m-net.arbornet.org (Karl R. Peters) writes:

>Does anyone know of a virus detection tsr that's compatible with doom?
>Or how I can make vshield (v117) cmpatible with it?
>
>Thanks!
>
> Karl
> (marx)

The people at alt.comp.virus (or just comp.virus, for that matter, thought it'd
be slower) might be able to answer this one. Do you have a way of totally
ensuring that there are no virii (eek! wacky plural!) in your system and then
just running DOOM, secure in the knowledge that nothing bad will happen? (To
the computer, that is...we play DOOM *'cause* bad things happen ;) )

--Eric Smith

Tim Schafer

Nov 8, 1994, 8:29:33 PM11/8/94

Norton Anti-Virus comes with a tsr that's compatible with everything
i've tried it on.

Tsch...@indynet.indy.net