Change CD keys [legit]

NeverWinter

Apr 17, 2002, 2:45:40 PM4/17/02
I am currently using a friends ver. of D" and am soon about to purchase it
for my-self is there a program to change the CD-Key? Or do i have to do a
complete re-install? Thx

diddly dum

Apr 17, 2002, 4:08:01 PM4/17/02
check out the website www.mewgood.com/battle.shtml it is a clean and legit
site (virus free)
under the files area, look for "cd key refiller"
this nifty little program will allow you to change your cd-key without need
for reinstalling

"NeverWinter" <neverw...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Nick Zitzmann

Apr 17, 2002, 6:48:15 PM4/17/02
In article <%mjv8.19783$_d7.10...@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk>,
"NeverWinter" <neverw...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

You have to do a complete reinstall.

Nick Zitzmann
ICQ: 22305512
mailto:&#110;&#105;&#99;&#107;&#122;&#109;&#97;&#110;&#64;&#109;&#97;
&#99;&#46;#99;&#111;&#109;
(try using that URL in your Web browser to E-Mail me)

Check out my software page: http://homepage.mac.com/nickzman/

Nick Zitzmann

Apr 17, 2002, 6:49:59 PM4/17/02
In article <BCkv8.27210$V44.488@rwcrnsc53>,
"diddly dum" <e.ha...@insightbb.com> wrote:

> check out the website www.mewgood.com/battle.shtml it is a clean and legit
> site (virus free)
> under the files area, look for "cd key refiller"
> this nifty little program will allow you to change your cd-key without need
> for reinstalling

And it'll probably screw up your system, so don't do it. As a general
rule, you should never download any third party Diablo II hacks, since
most of them come packed with trojans...

diddly dum

Apr 17, 2002, 10:08:59 PM4/17/02
First of all, this program does not screw up your system as long as you have
a legit cd key to use

"Nick Zitzmann" <nick...@seemysig.com> wrote in message

Bin

Apr 25, 2002, 6:40:14 PM4/25/02
Just do a complete reinstall. Why take the risk of a virus infection or
losing your legit CD key just to save at most an hour of installing time?

Nostromo

Apr 26, 2002, 3:40:14 AM4/26/02
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:40:14 GMT, "Bin" <what...@home.com> wrote:

>Just do a complete reinstall. Why take the risk of a virus infection or
>losing your legit CD key just to save at most an hour of installing time?

On this whole note, what about if he has a BNet account(s) with the current
CD-Key & he uninstalls & then re-installs - how does he get his characters
transferred to the new key???
This is...ahem...*very* 'interesting' to me...
--
* Charrisa - 18th level Sorceress (but she's great in the kitchen!)

To reply via e-mail *when solicited* and given *express permission*
to do so, please replace 'spamfree' with 'htnirybal'-backwards...

Gregory Bond

Apr 30, 2002, 8:43:53 PM4/30/02
Nostromo <nost...@spamfree.net.au> writes:

> On this whole note, what about if he has a BNet account(s) with the current
> CD-Key & he uninstalls & then re-installs - how does he get his characters
> transferred to the new key???

Bnet accounts are not locked/tied to CD keys. You can access your
Bnet accounts from a friends PC, and share mule accounts etc.

--
US West account *gnbond
What Aura Is That? http://www.itga.com.au/~gnb/aura.html

Nostromo

May 1, 2002, 12:05:34 AM5/1/02
On 01 May 2002 10:43:53 +1000, Gregory Bond <g...@itga.com.au> wrote:

>Nostromo <nost...@spamfree.net.au> writes:
>
>> On this whole note, what about if he has a BNet account(s) with the current
>> CD-Key & he uninstalls & then re-installs - how does he get his characters
>> transferred to the new key???
>
>Bnet accounts are not locked/tied to CD keys. You can access your
>Bnet accounts from a friends PC, and share mule accounts etc.

Hmmm...you sure dude? What's to stop multiple ppl from 'sharing' the same CD
on BNet, but just logging in at different time?...

--
* Charrisa - 35th level Sorceress (but she's great in the kitchen!)

Wayne Youngman

May 1, 2002, 8:17:57 AM5/1/02
Only one cd-key can be logged in to Bnet at one time. As the other person
quite rightly said a battlenet account isn't tied to a particular cd-key.

good luck,

Wayne ][

Get2net Supporter (Jan)

May 1, 2002, 8:08:23 AM5/1/02
> Hmmm...you sure dude? What's to stop multiple ppl from 'sharing' the same
CD
> on BNet, but just logging in at different time?...

Nothing really... but you have to be able to trust the person.. because if
it get around to other or he/she do hacking whit the Legit CD-key, and
blizzard will find out. Then suddenly the CD-key whit all the character MADE
whit that cd-key will be delete and BAN....

So only trust to other stops you... and the fact that you cant get online if
the are online!

Jan Christensen

May 1, 2002, 9:58:08 AM5/1/02
f... where did that name come from :( look kind off nice hehe
ooh well change back to normal hehe
"Get2net Supporter (Jan)" <jan....@get2net.dk> wrote in message

Bin

May 1, 2002, 4:00:12 PM5/1/02
I think you can get on different realm with the same cd key

AzraelWarraven

May 1, 2002, 4:06:55 PM5/1/02
Of course you can. You can create multiple accounts with the same CD key
too.

Gregory Bond

May 2, 2002, 10:13:26 PM5/2/02
Nostromo <nost...@spamfree.net.au> writes:

> Hmmm...you sure dude?

Sure. We do it all the time. We have a couple of PCs at work and we
access our Bnet accounts from here as well as from home.

> What's to stop multiple ppl from 'sharing' the same CD
> on BNet, but just logging in at different time?...

Nothing except the need for a play disk. We do that here too.