Finally, the Rock HAS COME BACK!!

1 view

Chris Lansdell

Aug 6, 2005, 9:19:55 PM8/6/05
Oh wait, wrong group.

I finally got me a Hellfire Torch, albeit with crap stats and +3 barb. My
frenzybarb is actually able to kill now!

There were 8 of us at the start, and Baal actually went down fairly easily,
with me, Demi and Ash thrashing away while wiz, reg, elly and Jerry handled
the minions. Diablo was soon afterwards, apparently while I languished in
PCM due to an erroneous game full. Meph, as usual, was a tough cookie. Once
Ash lured him away from the portal, Elly handled the skellies while me and
Ahs kept a more or less constant Life Tap on him. With Ash being the only
one in Salvation range, I had to switch to skelly-bashing time, and soon,
the ground it was littered with gold. It seems that skellies within CE/DS
range of Meph do not leave corpses, but others do, so DS was useless.

Once again, my furysin has proven wrong the doubters who called me nuts,
saying they weren't Hell viable. She's only 84. Gear:

Guillaume's
Duress Wyrmhide
Tiamat's (PDia)
Fleshripper
crafted blood belt with 10% OW and 3% LL, plus 30 life and a resistance
Gores
Raven/Dwarf
Rare ammy with +1 assassin, 15 RA, and leech
Dracul's for this fight, normally LoH

Maxed res with Fade on.

Ashen Shugar

Aug 6, 2005, 9:30:04 PM8/6/05
I think it was "Chris Lansdell" <lansdel...@gmail.com> that wrote
something like...

>Once
>Ash lured him away from the portal

Actually, that was Demi / Bruce Langdon.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Ellen

Aug 6, 2005, 10:13:02 PM8/6/05

*
* >Once
* >Ash lured him away from the portal
*
* Actually, that was Demi / Bruce Langdon.
*
*
* Ashen Shugar

Thanks, Ash & Jabs

My 2cents:

*jerryab and *wizofwas were in there running for keys and Jer made it to
the final kill zone as well. And we got a blessing/good omen from
Whitedog, though he had to go soon after. We paused on agd to stoke up on
purps and refit a few key bits of gear.. nothing would be allowed to stop
our life tap.. (but would it ever kick in?) Jerry's necro had serious
problems keeping enough minions going to be effective. The dead in
tristram do not revive or make skellies.

Jabs brought the first two gopher guts bits, and after gathering a full
9-some of keys, 'we' opened one portal.. as luck would have it, the right
one opened and everybody beat feet to Lillith.. That was covered in Jabs's
post.

After starting the Tristram Trio, several members tried to recover bodies
by logging out and were stuck in the 'game full' limbo a while. In
desperation, they just waited a while, and actually got back in in time to
off the last monster. Point being, if you get game full, wait a while, to
let the server catch up with all the log-offs and ons.. and get a proper
total.

Jabs kindly mentions me as helping with the minions for the last kill..
And its true, as far as it goes. I also got a few licks in on Baal, seeing
him go down under our flames. What he leaves out is the several deaths
and screaming like a little girl who has sighted spiders... I died. And
died.. and died. When I finally got my body back and got 'bo'd into a
semblance of sturdiness, it was time for the finale and I could be useful
again. Sorcy without sufficient resists must have her bo..

Been there, got two standards now, and a tee shirt.

I am sure I am forgetting something.. besides the other 6 times I died
looking for nilly today..

Hope this adds to the body of info on the uber-brothers and
virtual-tristram.

Elly

~misfit~

Aug 7, 2005, 1:47:58 AM8/7/05
Ashen Shugar wrote:
> I think it was "Chris Lansdell" <lansdel...@gmail.com> that wrote
> something like...
>
>> Once
>> Ash lured him away from the portal
>
> Actually, that was Demi / Bruce Langdon.

He's damn good at that. :-) Bruce has become somewhat of an expert at
"parking" Uber Meph.
--
~misfit~

~misfit~

Aug 7, 2005, 1:51:41 AM8/7/05
Ellen wrote:

> After starting the Tristram Trio, several members tried to recover
> bodies by logging out and were stuck in the 'game full' limbo a
> while. In desperation, they just waited a while, and actually got
> back in in time to off the last monster. Point being, if you get game
> full, wait a while, to let the server catch up with all the log-offs
> and ons.. and get a proper total.

Yeah, we sussed this one out with the first fight in Uber Tristram. If you
get the "Game Full" message nobody try joining for five minutes and then
it's fine. (Until next time).
--
~misfit~

wizofwas

Aug 7, 2005, 8:07:14 AM8/7/05

"Chris Lansdell" <lansdel...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Oh wait, wrong group.
>
> I finally got me a Hellfire Torch, albeit with crap stats and +3 barb. My
> frenzybarb is actually able to kill now!
>
> There were 8 of us at the start, and Baal actually went down fairly
easily,
> with me, Demi and Ash thrashing away while wiz, reg, elly and Jerry
handled
> the minions. Diablo was soon afterwards, apparently while I languished in
> PCM due to an erroneous game full. Meph, as usual, was a tough cookie.
Once
> Ash lured him away from the portal, Elly handled the skellies while me and
> Ahs kept a more or less constant Life Tap on him. With Ash being the only
> one in Salvation range, I had to switch to skelly-bashing time, and soon,
> the ground it was littered with gold. It seems that skellies within CE/DS
> range of Meph do not leave corpses, but others do, so DS was useless.

I went to get my armour back and got the Game Full message again.
Kept trying to get in but gave up after a while. Ran hell2 looking for
keys and came up with nada. Went back to hell after that, looking
more keys, got joined by Reg and somebody else, sorry I forget who,
and the summoner dropped a key. I think Reg got it, not sure who
really picked it up. Then it was off to bed for me.

Just a question, there is no more Pindle, so no more Pindle runs, right?
I noticed that he wasn't there on my solo key run, so I'm assuming
that he is no more. So now there is no need to skip the portal on the
way to Nilly.

wizofwas

john graesser

Aug 7, 2005, 12:52:18 PM8/7/05

"wizofwas" <wizo...@nospamknology.net> wrote in message

> Just a question, there is no more Pindle, so no more Pindle runs, right?
> I noticed that he wasn't there on my solo key run, so I'm assuming
> that he is no more. So now there is no need to skip the portal on the
> way to Nilly.

What do you mean by this, Pindle still shows up in my games, and is still
worth decent exp to kill. He almost never drops anything useful, my best
drop has been an IK maul.

However my summoner still will keep the portal to pindle open since it is
the best place to recruit troops each time he opens a game.

Stephen van Ham

Aug 7, 2005, 6:06:24 PM8/7/05
Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
<lansdel...@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
said:

>Once again, my furysin has proven wrong the doubters who called me nuts,
>saying they weren't Hell viable. She's only 84. Gear:

Who called you nuts for making a furysin?

--
"My army shall destroy y- AHHHHHHHHH!"

Bruce Langdon

Aug 7, 2005, 7:47:01 PM8/7/05
wizofwas wrote:

> Just a question, there is no more Pindle, so no more Pindle runs, right?
> I noticed that he wasn't there on my solo key run, so I'm assuming
> that he is no more. So now there is no need to skip the portal on the
> way to Nilly.
>
> wizofwas

The Portal will only be there if:
1. The person making the game hasn't finished the nihlithak quest
or
2. The person making the game hasn't clicked on the wp in the halls of pain

And
3. The anya quest is done.

Since people have been key hunting, they've been completing the quest
and using the wp to get there faster. Therefore, the portal will not
be there if they make the game. You can use the wp (if you have it) to
reach him. Or make your own game if your quest and wp status fit the
requirements.

~Demigodess~

Bruce Langdon

Aug 7, 2005, 7:57:19 PM8/7/05
~misfit~ wrote:

It's not that hard to do. I Just run away from the portal like my pants
are on fire (usually are down there). Then, flop around on the ground
when I run into a wall to put out the fire. Meph then uses me as a
chair to rest on until some other adventurer dares to walk nearby.

~Demigodess~

Ashen Shugar

Aug 12, 2005, 6:31:41 AM8/12/05
I think it was Bruce Langdon <bru...@pacbell.net> that wrote
something like...

Personally I found it easier to go through pindle than via the wp.
The stairs down were only ever in 3 places, so they were easy to find
from the stairs in. I suppose if the wp was similarly placed compared
to the stairs down then that could be learnt.
Though I expect it'll be a while before I have a character ready for
Hell Nilly key runs. I'm already days behind from going skiing.