Just a simple mouse config that works great!!

Mark J. Howell

Mar 2, 1995, 2:35:37 PM3/2/95
In article <3j26m6$2...@lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu> mark...@null.umd.umich.edu (Rob Markovic) writes:
>From: mark...@null.umd.umich.edu (Rob Markovic)
>Subject: Just a simple mouse config that works great!!
>Date: 1 Mar 1995 16:17:10 GMT

>Ok, here i've read so many people with JOYstick problems and their expenses to
>get a good
>one, but all I do to enJOY this great Blasting game is use the mouse with the
>keyboard:

>MOUSE: controls the pitch for UP / DOWN and turning LEFT / RIGHT
> mouse buttons are for 1. fire primary ans 2. fire secondary

>KEYBOARD: the awesome arrow keys (if you have a keyboard that has them
>separately from
>the numeric keypad, that doesn't have the center button!!!!) for FORWARD /
>REVERSE and
>STRAFE RIGHT / LEFT. Also the control key and the r-shift key for STRAFE UP /
>DOWN...

>so, since i'm right handed, right hand goes on mouse and left hand goes on arrow
>keys
>with the pinkey on the control and r-shift keys.

>Try this setup if you have a lot of trouble with yer JOYstick or just wanna try
>new key
>combinations because of comfort or whatever...

>clear BLASTING to you...

Tried this with my trackball, but couldn't get mouse sensitivity high enough
to make it work well enough. Fingertip pitch and yaw pointing would be great,
but it's no good if you have to roll the ball too much... just like it would
be a pain to roll the mouse across the mousepad four times to turn around. I
do OK with my Wingman Extreme (joystick).

> -= Sabre =-

Mark J. Howell mho...@rtd.com
.sig wisdom withheld to protect the innocent.