For g6 users

Fringe4

Apr 3, 2001, 10:39:16 PM4/3/01
PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Email: tho...@bpftpserver.com
Web: www.bpftpserver.com

A rose by any other name... Gene6 FTP Server becomes BulletProof FTP
Server

Gene6 SARL are proud to announce Gene6 FTP Server 2.1 is available
today,
only it is now known as BulletProof FTP Server 2.1.

You may be asking, "Where has Gene6 FTP Server gone?"

Nowhere, it is right here! Gene6 SARL the company behind Gene6 FTP
Server
have just joined forces with BulletProof Software to bring you BPFTP
Server.

The same great product, just a new name and a few new friends to help
make
the product even greater!

We are very excited for what this means to Gene6 SARL and BulletProof
Software and all our customers, past and future.

Don't worry!

* Those who registered Gene6 FTP Server are still entitled to
a life-time
of free upgrades, they should just download BPFTP Server upgrades from
now
on.
* Those who have registered Gene6 FTP Server and who are
trialling it are
still eligible for the same great email support as ever.
* BPFTP Server works exactly the same as Gene6 FTP Server, it
just has a
new name, you'll be using the exact same application you love!

The new version is available for existing and new customers from our
new
web site at www.bpftpserver.com

Upgrading: Just go to the download page
(www.bpftpserver.com/download.html) and download the BPFTP Server
evaluation installation and install this over your existing Gene6 FTP
Server. Your registration will be maintained and you'll have the
latest
version! (It is advised to backup the whole software directory before
upgrading).

Lost/need your registration key : Just go to the help page
(www.bpftpserver.com/help.html#resendkey) enter your registered email
and
you will be resent a new registration key.

Important note :
@stake, www.atstake.com, discovered a security problem in G6 FTP
Server
v2.0, this problem is fixed in BPFTP Server v2.10.
File Existence Disclosure Vulnerability and Netbios hash retrieval
through
application UNC path support. (SIZE & MDTM command).
All users should upgrade to avoid potential security problems.

You can read more about this problem in the @stake advisory :
http://www.atstake.com/research/advisories/2001/a040301-1.txt

Changes and fixes about this new version can be read online :
http://www.bpftpserver.com/version.txt

For those interested in more information about the relationship
between
Gene6 SARL and BulletProof Software a press release is below:

****
BulletProof Software Ltd and Gene6 SARL are pleased to announce the
arrival of their new baby, BulletProof FTP Server.

The product is the embodiment of a synergistic relationship that has
developed between the two highly successful Windows software
developers.

BulletProof Software develop one of the top FTP clients for Windows
(software for transferring files from a user's PC onto Internet
servers,
used by all webmasters to maintain web sites). The BulletProof brand
is
known and respected by end-users, developers and press world wide
resulting in downloads in excess of 1 million/year for the BPFTP
product
and 6 figure sales since the product's 1997 release.

Gene6 SARL develop Gene6 FTP Server, the flip-side to BulletProof
Software's product (Enabling users to set-up their own FTP server to
facilitate transferring of files to and from their computer(s)). A
product
released in 1998 which to date has received much critical acclaim and
achieved notable popularity amongst Window's users both at home and in
the
corporate environment.

Together the two products are an essential software suite for
"maintaining
the Web". The two companies have come together to market their
products
under the one banner, BulletProof Software, in order to capitalise on
their synergy, focus on their expertise and maximise their usefulness
their joint customer bases.

The first release of BulletProof FTP Server (denoted BPFTP Server
v2.10)
signals the last release of Gene6 FTP Server which has been changed in
name to the former. All existing customers will be migrated over to
the
new product through updates and a rationalisation of marketing,
support
and sales processes has occurred.

VP of Marketing for BulletProof Software, Thomas Scovell said,
"Bringing
our two products under the same banner whilst maintaining two separate
camps of development expertise enables both parties to focus on what
they
do best. Respectively develop their products and in our case, market
both
of these using our company's brand name reputation and extensive set
of
world-wide partnerships."

CEO of BulletProof Software, Andrew Connell comments on Gene6 SARL,
"Since
the first release of Gene6 Server we have been a fan of the product
and
are delighted now to enter this relationship with what we have found
to be
a highly talented company with a killer product that we are very proud
now release under our brand name. "

Matthieu Roger, CEO of Gene6 SARL commented, "We are very excited
about
the possibilities offered to our existing and future customers by this
relationship and are proud to have our product sold and promoted under
the
BulletProof banner for which we have long held much respect."

BulletProof FTP Server is available for free evaluation download
today!
Sure to become the premier FTP Server product for Windows. More
information on the two products can be obtained from www.bpftp.com and
www.bpftpserver.com. Questions concerning the relationship, requests
for
interviews or further information should be directed through VP of
Marketing, Thomas Scovell.

EXISTING BPFTP CUSTOMERS will be shortly offered a special deal on
BPFTP
Server licenses. Packages combining licenses of both will also shortly
be
available. Check out BPFTP Server today and we'll let you know about
these
soon!

About BulletProof Software Ltd

BulletProof Software Ltd (www.bpftp.com) is a privately owned Internet
software company based in Auckland, New Zealand. BulletProof Software
has
been producing its flagship product BPFTP (a piece of Internet
software
for transferring files) since 1997. At that time it was regarded as a
pioneer in advanced FTP functionality and to this day has maintained
that
technical lead. This is acknowledged by major reviews that
consistently
rate it as the top FTP client for the Windows platform. (See
http://www.bpftp.com/awards.html for some of these awards.)

About Gene6 SARL

Gene6 SARL (www.gene6.com) are based in Lille, France and utilise
their
Windows development expertise to develop (amongst others) the
well-respected Gene6 FTP Server Product which was launched in 1998.
Since
it's launch Gene6 FTP Server has won numerous accolades and praise
from
both end-users and the press. (See
http://www.gene6.com/g6ftpd/awards.html
for some of these awards.) Now in partnership with BulletProof
Software
they continue to be the technical driving force behind their flagship
product under its new moniker, BulletProof FTP Server.

CONTACT:
Email: tho...@bpftpserver.com
Web: www.bpftpserver.com

SUPPORT:
Email: sup...@bpftpserver.com

Please contact Thomas Scovell for enquiries related to this release.

Yours faithfully,

T.Scovell

Thomas Scovell
VP of Marketing - BulletProof Software Ltd

<(w)> (CM)

Apr 3, 2001, 11:36:19 PM4/3/01
;-( I never did like Bulletproof....dont think Ill "upgrade".

<(w)>

Woutert

Apr 4, 2001, 6:37:15 AM4/4/01
Any of you guys tried this? Does the cr@ck still work? Are the accounts
transferred as well, or do you have to set them up again? Any comments on
the program?

"Fringe4" <leom...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>

> CONTACT:
> Email: tho...@bpftpserver.com
> Web: www.bpftpserver.com
>
> A rose by any other name... Gene6 FTP Server becomes BulletProof FTP

snip

jack

Apr 4, 2001, 7:12:38 AM4/4/01
Yes crack still works, All accounts transfer over. Looks the same.
Woutert <gre...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Keybored

Apr 4, 2001, 8:47:07 AM4/4/01
Careful with this one. Bulletproof acts as though it's been patched
successfully, but then in a week or two it sends you a message that your
using pirated software, logs all your info, and claims they're coming after
you.

"Fringe4" <leom...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

MANLONG-CM-

Apr 4, 2001, 9:11:40 AM4/4/01
The G6 Ftp licence didn't carry over as registered for me,after instalation.
Luckily I backed up the old one.Be careful m8's.I had the g6 final woa
version.

"Fringe4" <leom...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

With Seven Servers In California And Texas - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Apr 4, 2001, 7:32:41 PM4/4/01
I would never try anything related to bullet ftp. But then I may be
biased a little due to I hate the Bullet client.

<(w)>

On Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:37:15 GMT, "Woutert" <gre...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Any of you guys tried this?