FAQ: What about the Masonic god Jabulon?

1 view

Larry the Mason from Holbrook

Dec 29, 2009, 1:10:14 PM12/29/09
The Freemasonry FAQ

Version 1.0
August 2006

This Frequently Asked Question comes from the weekly USENET MASONRY FAQ, posted to alt.freemasonry every Friday at 08:00 Pacific. Please refer to the weekly FAQ for other resource and contact information.

26
What about the Masonic god Jabulon?

Any talk about a Masonic god is pure conjecture and misinterpretation.
Since Masonry is not a religion, it can have no god of its own.

Detractors will quickly point out (and with very little accuracy) that
the Mark Master Mason degree contains the word Jabulon, in various
spellings depending upon which web site they plagiarized and imply
that it means the god of Masonry. In fact it is part of the Royal Arch
Degree according to Duncan's Ritual and Monitor, which, as we all
know, is not considered a primary organization within Masonry but an
ancillary or concordant body.

Also according to Duncan's, the word is described as being a
combination of three different names for God: JAO or JAH being Syrian,
BEL or BUL being Chaldean or Phoenecian and AUN or AUM being Hindu or
Egyptian. According to Duncan's it is uttered in part of the degree
along with the words Jehovah and God. Quite obviously not the name of
some mythical Masonic god. And finding the description of the word is
actually a footnote is hardly reverent considering the import our
detractors place upon the word.

The Royal Arch degree ritual no longer contains the word, which should
be an indicator that it does not represent a Masonic god.

Pakistan Meteorological Department

Dec 29, 2009, 1:27:24 PM12/29/09
Larry the Mason from Holbrook wrote:
<slice>

> The Royal Arch degree ritual no longer contains the word, which should
> be an indicator that it does not represent a Masonic god.

It is an indicator of a cover-up!

--
"Entire units of the Metropolitan Police and the Flying Squad and the
drug squad were Freemasons. They all, in the end, were sent to prison.

Martin Short on BBC Newsnight 19/03/01

Aaron

Dec 29, 2009, 2:24:11 PM12/29/09
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 18:27:24 +0000, Pakistan Meteorological Department
<P...@SIBU.HQ> wrote:

>Larry the Mason from Holbrook wrote:

>>The Freemasonry FAQ
>>
>>Version 1.0
>>August 2006
>>
>>This Frequently Asked Question comes from the weekly USENET MASONRY FAQ, posted to alt.freemasonry every Friday at 08:00 Pacific. Please refer to the weekly FAQ for other resource and contact information.
>>
>>26
>>What about the Masonic god Jabulon?
>>
>>Any talk about a Masonic god is pure conjecture and misinterpretation.
>>Since Masonry is not a religion, it can have no god of its own.
>>
>>Detractors will quickly point out (and with very little accuracy) that
>>the Mark Master Mason degree contains the word Jabulon, in various
>>spellings depending upon which web site they plagiarized and imply
>>that it means the god of Masonry. In fact it is part of the Royal Arch
>>Degree according to Duncan's Ritual and Monitor, which, as we all
>>know, is not considered a primary organization within Masonry but an
>>ancillary or concordant body.
>>
>>Also according to Duncan's, the word is described as being a
>>combination of three different names for God: JAO or JAH being Syrian,
>>BEL or BUL being Chaldean or Phoenecian and AUN or AUM being Hindu or
>>Egyptian.

I just looked this up in Duncan's and that is not exactly the
description given. Duncan's author does admit that the pronunciation
is flawed. These are the three explanations that Duncan's gives:

Duncan's accurately attributes "Jah" to Psalm 68, thought the Hebrew
is actually pronounced "Yah."

Duncan's attributes "Ba`al" to Eastern languages. This is also a
Hebrew word and not the name of a pagan god as some non-Hebrew
speaking people have assumed. It means "master" or "husband" in
Hebrew and was used to refer to some pagan gods because the pagans
were enslaved by the myths that they had created. However in other
context, it can be used to refers to the God of the Bible.

Duncan's attributes "on" to a name used by Egyptians to worship the
God of the Bible. "On" is actually Hebrew for "Strength." The
Egyptians who renounced idolatry and left Egypt with the Jews did so
because God demonstrated thought the Ten Plagues that He was stronger
than all the "gods" of Egypt. So calling Him "On" would be expected.

It should also be noted that the three together "Yah, Ba`al On" is
Hebrew for "God, Master of Strength." With "God" in this case being
specific to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as well as the God of
Jesus.

>>According to Duncan's it is uttered in part of the degree
>>along with the words Jehovah and God. Quite obviously not the name of
>>some mythical Masonic god. And finding the description of the word is
>>actually a footnote is hardly reverent considering the import our
>>detractors place upon the word.
>>

>> The Royal Arch degree ritual no longer contains the word, which should
>> be an indicator that it does not represent a Masonic god.
>>

>It is an indicator of a cover-up!

Hardly. Freemasonry has been around for centuries and the languages
and cultures of the various nations have changed in that time.
Rituals are updated from time to time to make sure that the same
meaning is still conveyed. While three hundred years ago educated
Christians learned some Hebrew (usually pronouncing it poorly), that
is not the case today. So, it makes sense to remove or replace a word
that would be confusing.

tanix

Dec 30, 2009, 12:08:27 AM12/30/09
In article <hhdhmk$ce8$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, Pakistan Meteorological Department <P...@SIBU.HQ> wrote:
>Larry the Mason from Holbrook wrote:
><slice>
>>
>> The Royal Arch degree ritual no longer contains the word, which should
>> be an indicator that it does not represent a Masonic god.
>>

>It is an indicator of a cover-up!

Sure, what else?
After all, since they did remove it, it simply means it was there,
which in turn means, that it is the essencial element,
significant enough to even bother removing it.

So, all those "brothers" that used it before,
what do they do now with their brains NOW
to reconcile it all?

--
Programmer's Goldmine collections:

http://preciseinfo.org

Tens of thousands of code examples and expert discussions on
C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript,
organized by major topics of language, tools, methods, techniques.

tanix

Dec 30, 2009, 12:10:17 AM12/30/09

Who is Duncan?

A holy ghost, spilling out the TRUTH as pronounce by no one less
tha God itself?

:--}

What a joke you are.

Enough.

ptk1071

Dec 31, 2009, 9:52:44 AM12/31/09
On Dec 30, 12:10 am, ta...@mongo.net (tanix) wrote:

> Who is Duncan?
>
> A holy ghost, spilling out the TRUTH as pronounce by no one less
> tha God itself?

(BUZZZZZ) That would be incorrect! Thanks you for playing, would you
like to try again? Next time please state your answer in a form
comprehensible to more than just NG trolls...