Odd central locking problem with EL Falcon

David Frost

Feb 7, 2004, 10:01:32 PM2/7/04
My EL Falcon has developed a disconcerting problem. Whenever I try to lock
it either externally or internally the door locks continuously cycle
closed/open/closed--- until I attempt to lock it half a dozen times to
eventually stop the cycling and the car stays locked. No mention of the
problem in the car manual. Can anybody help?

Regards, Dave

Bobman

Feb 7, 2004, 10:40:34 PM2/7/04
G'day David,

The other guys here can fill you in a little bit more.

There was a problem with the smart lock from EA's until EL where they did
what you have said, ford was said to have fixed it in the Series 2 EF but it
still appeared every now and then on later models, I think the best advice
to give would be to reset the system by means of disconnecting the battery
for about half an hour and then re-connecting and seeing if it still does
it, apart from that look around on the internet "Smart lock problems" at
www.google.com or www.fordforums.com but be aware that this was a widespread
problem so a fix would be available :)

Sorry I can't be much more help.

--
Regards
--
"David Frost" <rive...@value.com.au> wrote in message

Falcon Freak

Feb 8, 2004, 12:12:03 AM2/8/04
My EA Faurmont Ghia had the same problem. Damn annoying.

FF

Dave T.

Feb 8, 2004, 12:22:22 AM2/8/04
Its most likley one of the actuators is rooted, or the pushrods in the doors
are not moving freely.

I had this happen in my '98 DL2 LTD (fixed, i think not), but i knew it was
that, because the "thing" wasnt able to go down when i tried to lock the
doors.

Absolute c_nt of a job to fix, everything is rivited in place, an absolute
joke really.

"Bobman" <bcerny...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

ccwhite

Feb 8, 2004, 8:19:49 AM2/8/04

eb2 had prob and yes never returned (fingers crossed ) after battery
disconnect reset
col

Kieron

Feb 8, 2004, 8:05:02 PM2/8/04

This was a known problem with all EF's and EL's, they used new locking
mechanism companred ti the older E series. If you are lucky, a Ford
dealer may still fix it even though your out of the 3 year warrenty as
its considered a safety problem. If not then its big $$'s to fix.

Had the problem with an EF, I narrowed it to the passenger side lock
and if I locked the door from that side, I had no problems, eventually
I too the locking rod/button off and never had a problem, I don't
think EL's got a pax key lock/locking button though.

Brenden Will

Feb 9, 2004, 1:45:23 AM2/9/04
My EL did exactly that. I found the problem was actually me. I was holding
the door button too long. Try a quick press of the button not a long damn
lock you bastard press.

Brenden

Garry Beattie

Feb 9, 2004, 3:43:46 PM2/9/04
Kieran was correct.

It was a known problem in the EF and EL cars, particularly the EF's.

My EL developed the same problem and was fixed under warranty.

I believe they also had a safety recall because of it, so you may be lucky
if you go to your Ford dealer and ask.

--
Garry Beattie
Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer &
"Brenden Will" <br...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Robert & Shelley

Feb 24, 2004, 11:27:52 PM2/24/04
I had a prob like that on my 98 EL.
The wagon door actuator was rusted....not the actuator itself, but the
mechanics about it.

I accessed the door, cleaned out as much as poss, oiled or greased it right
right up, & put silicone sealant on the plastic facia of the wagon door.

The actuator itself was ok, & worked well....it was only what it was trying
to push that was stopping it from working.

cheers
Rob.

"Kieron" <kiero...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

jonv...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 3:00:09 AM9/4/15
falcons are very very very very very problematic on a good day rusty shit boxes az well burn them problem solved

kevb...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2015, 12:24:06 AM9/13/15
hi fellas .i have a problem with my ef falcon .the 2 back doors wont lock but the 2 front doors will using the remote or the button on the dash or the key they still wont lock can any body help me please