Vintage Enhancer

mho...@gte.net

Jul 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/20/97

Does anyone have experience or opinion on the product called Vintage
Enhancer available from Sharper Image at $70?

It uses low-amp magnetic waves to reduce tannic acids, thus softening the
wine. It claims to give any wine the equivalent of 5 years bottle aging
in 30 minutes.

What do you think?

Marshall Hollon
Neophite Wine Enthusiast
mho...@gte.net

Jason Walter Bold

Jul 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/20/97

In article <8694240...@dejanews.com> mho...@gte.net writes:
>Does anyone have experience or opinion on the product called Vintage
>Enhancer available from Sharper Image at $70?

>It uses low-amp magnetic waves to reduce tannic acids, thus softening the
>wine. It claims to give any wine the equivalent of 5 years bottle aging
>in 30 minutes.

>What do you think?

Knee-jerk reaction = WHAT????????? NO WAY!!!!!!

After a bit of thought.... NO WAY!!!!

1. I doubt it works.
2. It takes all of the fun out of it.
3. Removing tannins is NOT the same as aging wine - tannins are there
as a preservative while the wine ages - a completely different process.
4. If wine is God's gift as some believe because of "spontaneous fermentation"
then this is from the devil himself!
5. You really *are* kidding aren't you? I just made a fool of myself by
even responding, right? :):)
6. I knew that :)

--
Jason - bo...@cae.wisc.edu
Of course I always think my opinion is right! If I didn't, it wouldn't be my

J Paschel

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

Tom Reddick <to...@mail.utexas.edu> writes:

> Sounds like a silly overpriced toy to me ( this is a statement of
>opinion and not intended to be contrued as malicious. ) Matt Kramer's book

> Maybe this is legitimate, I do not know (i.e. I am not making any
>claims of fraud or defamation that could be construed as lawsuit material)

Tom...Please speak your mind openly

No need to buttress everything we say here just because of a few folks who
don't get it... :)

Tom Reddick

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

Oh, it's okay, I was just having a little fun, that's all. This
remark is not intended as a malicious retort against your opinions and is
not intended for the use of a lawsuit. ( sorry I can't help myself. )

Take care,
Tom.

Peter H. Jordan

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

mho...@gte.net wrote:

> Does anyone have experience or opinion on the product called Vintage
> Enhancer available from Sharper Image at $70?
>
> It uses low-amp magnetic waves to reduce tannic acids, thus softening the
> wine. It claims to give any wine the equivalent of 5 years bottle aging
> in 30 minutes.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Marshall Hollon
> Neophite Wine Enthusiast
> mho...@gte.net

Ladies and Gentlemen,

there are always silly and stupid things on the market. Why not an wine
ager who needs 30 min for 5 years aging. 300 min ages 50 years and in
one day the wine can age for 200 years.

Let愀 be serious - aging means chemical reactions - oxydation and
estherization and all this molecular changes. This will (of course) not
happen.

If you boil your wine you can destroy it in 30 seconds and it tastes
like 100 years aging ...
--
Peter H. Jordan
(Winemaker)

--- Life is too short to drink bad wine ---

Weingut JORDAN & JORDAN - Der Saarwein

Besuchen Sie uns auf unserer deutschen Homepage :
"http://home.t-online.de/home/Jordan-Wein"

Please visit us on our english site:
"http://home.t-online.de/home/Jordan-Wein/e_index.htm"

ron....@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2016, 9:46:32 PM1/1/16
On Sunday, July 20, 1997 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, mho...@gte.net wrote:
> Does anyone have experience or opinion on the product called Vintage
> Enhancer available from Sharper Image at $70?
>
> It uses low-amp magnetic waves to reduce tannic acids, thus softening the
> wine. It claims to give any wine the equivalent of 5 years bottle aging
> in 30 minutes.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Marshall Hollon
> Neophite Wine Enthusiast
> mho...@gte.net

I appreciate good wine...In the late 1990's I read an article about the incredible results of the new product named 'Wine Enhancer'. So I went to the local Sharper Image store to purchase one. I was informed that the product had been discontinued. I was disappointed and spoke with the store manager for possible referrals for finding a 'Vintage Enhancer'. He told me he had one at home and he loved it as it worked absolutely as advertised. BUT said that it had been discontinued. Very Odd for a successful product... Then the logic kicked in... What effect would this have on the entire wine industry if you could take a $10-15 bottle of wine and have it taste like a aged $100 bottle in 30 minutes...WOW, what a threat for a whole industry...I speculate it was immediately suppressed and taken off the market for the survival of the wine business... Well, I found one at a auction house and bought it...I was absolutely floored when I did my first taste test...It worked beyond my wildest dreams...and have enjoyed it ever since...This is again an example of a excellent working product being suppressed to secure the profits of an industry...How sad...rt
Related Article: http://www.winexmagazine.com/index.php/wine/viewdrink/vino-magnetism/

Mike Tommasi

Jan 2, 2016, 4:53:39 AM1/2/16
On Sunday, July 20, 1997 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+2, mho...@gte.net wrote:
> Does anyone have experience or opinion on the product called Vintage
> Enhancer available from Sharper Image at $70?
>
> It uses low-amp magnetic waves to reduce tannic acids, thus softening the
> wine. It claims to give any wine the equivalent of 5 years bottle aging
> in 30 minutes.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Marshall Hollon
> Neophite Wine Enthusiast
> mho...@gte.net

Sad to periodically take a look at AFW and read BS threads like this one.

But I noticed that there are still some good things going on. I'll try in 2016 to be more present again.

Mike

graham

Jan 2, 2016, 9:10:52 AM1/2/16
Note this is a reply to an almost 19 yr old post.