World Vegetarian Day - October 1st

Michael Balarama

Aug 14, 2003, 8:30:55 AM8/14/03
World Vegetarian Awareness Month - October
World Vegetarian Day - October 1st

World vegetarian day
<http://www.hknet.org.nz/VegeWVD.html>www.hknet.org.nz/VegeWVD.html has been
observed since 1977 bringing together vegetarians from all over the world
for a common cause. It brings awareness to the ethical, religious,
environmental, health, and humanitarian benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.
We're observing growing trends, especially since Foot and Mouth and Mad Cow
diseases, but about one million people a year become vegetarians in the US
alone, and millions in Europe, Australasia too. Everything that we are doing
is making a difference, and every little bit helps.

Together we can all make a huge difference to the state of the world and the
consciousness of all its peoples. Contacts for your local Hare Krishna
temple or community are linked
<http://www.hknet.org.nz/index-int.htm>www.hknet.org.nz/index-int.htm and
find out what they are doing, and or how you can get involved this year.
Where you find any group trying to promote this noble cause please give your
support.

Some ideas: stalls at stations, flyers on the street, radio programs,
special programs at schools-colleges Uni-techs or Universities, Vegetarian
Clubs/Socieities, invite family and friends to special dinners, programs at
our temples, Food For Life's, Public food distribution, Advertisements in
local and national newspapers, TV talk-back(s), Community Radio nationwide
into the various communities it targets all over any given country.......do
you have any other avenues we can target, have a good think, brainstorm with
some friends - send me what you come up with, let me know what your doing so
we can enthuse others and do likewise.

Please help us spread the word and make this a positively memorable event
for the whole world.

In this news bulletin we're giving a few good links that will help everyone.

There's FREE VEGETARIAN COOK BOOKS to download

The Higher Taste Cook Book
<http://krishna.tv/krishna/CB.html>http://krishna.tv/krishna/CB.html

The Higher Taste Cook Book - read it on-line first:
<http://www.webcom.com/~ara/col/books/VEG/ht/>http://www.webcom.com/~ara/col
/books/VEG/ht/

EgglessDotCom - A site for vegetarian baking without eggs.
<http://www.eggless.com/>http://www.eggless.com/

A Guide to Gourmet Vegetarian Cooking and a Karma-Free Diet:
<http://www.mediarama.it/sanga/html/recipes.htm>http://www.mediarama.it/sang
a/html/recipes.htm

Should we all be vegetarians - very positive article from TIME magazine:
<http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020715/story.html>http://www.time.com/t
ime/covers/1101020715/story.html

Check out Kurma prabhu's new gastronomic web-site:
<http://www.kurma.net/>http://www.kurma.net/

Vegetarian Musik:
<http://bhakti-rasa.tripod.com/mp3/akarma4.mp3>http://bhakti-rasa.tripod.com
/mp3/akarma4.mp3

Visit Vegetarianism & Beyond
Interesting articles - information - history - arguments - hundreds of
...in fact everything you'd want to know about Vegetarianism and Beyond:
<http://turn.to/Vegetarianism>http://turn.to/Vegetarianism

Please send us information about what you plan to do
<mailto:jt...@xtra.co.nz>mailto:jt...@xtra.co.nz this year.

For your information, encouragement and our mutual enthusiasm we will post
what's going on World Wide on our web-site as we did last year
<http://www.hknet.org.nz/VegeWVD2002.html>http://www.hknet.org.nz/VegeWVD200
2.html We are happy to carry all vegetarian and vegan links.