Ever seen those white TB/KFC/PH trucks?

1 view

Frank Laughlin

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96

Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza
Hut? I'd like to see a combination store like they are putting in Russia that
has all three under the same roof. Lets, see, i'll take a soft taco, 6 piece
chicken nugget, and some pizza bread. :)

K.M. Mennie

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96
Quoting Frank Laughlin (ker...@oz.net):
> Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza
> Hut?

Yes'm, and we here in TB-free, KFC/PzzHt-rife Ottawa can't stand them -
every time one is viewed by somebody with a net connexion, ott.general
gets stuffed with `TB in Ottawa?' rumours...

Of greater concern and quite unrelated: Has anybody any comments on the
Doritos `Taco Bell'-flavour chips? I'm of the opinion that the TB chips
have transcended nutrition and are in fact no longer food, but I'm open to
opinion.

+-+-------------+---------------------------------------+-------------+
`From ignorance our comfort flows / The only wretched are the wise.'
<NEW URL - http://www.aaln.org/ht_lit - site not quite up, though>
<When reading news - alt.fan.kia-mennie; ask your news admin for it today>

April

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96

Yes, I have seen the trucks, they seem to be all over in Tampa.

In regards to the Doritoes, I like them. I think they are better than
normal Doritoes. However, I think it is a little rediculous to be
selling so much taco bell stuff in grocery stores, but they haave to make
their money somehow I suppose. Hell, I bought some. Guess it works!

Smile!
April

ernest tolliver

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
In article <4eeri6$q...@emerald.oz.net>, ker...@oz.net (Frank Laughlin) writes:

>Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza
>Hut? I'd like to see a combination store like they are putting in Russia that
>has all three under the same roof. Lets, see, i'll take a soft taco, 6 piece
>chicken nugget, and some pizza bread. :)

I know of one such store in the US. It is on Coronado Island (near San Diego,
California.) And, yes, I agree that it is a truly monumental eating
experience. Something for everyone!

Matt Smith

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
If you're dying to get that combo really bad, the next time you fly, stop in
at the Cincinnatti (sp?) airport. There's a KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell
Express in there. Personally, I hate Pizza hut and think KFC is low grade dog
food, but my six pack 'o Tacos was great!

-Matt

In article <4eji2k$j...@masala.cc.uh.edu>, st...@Rosie.UH.EDU says...

Nadamos

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
In article <4eeri6$q...@emerald.oz.net>, ker...@oz.net says...

>Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC, and
Pizza
>Hut? I'd like to see a combination store like they are putting in Russia
that
>has all three under the same roof. Lets, see, i'll take a soft taco, 6
piece
>chicken nugget, and some pizza bread. :)
>I have seen those TB/KFC/PH trucks in the U.S.A.. I think TB, PH, and
KFC all sponsor eachother.
NAD

Jay Fenster

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96
par...@cadvision.com wrote:
>I personally think those chips taste like a mixture of cool ranch and regular nacho flavour doritos.
>Nothing at all like the real soft taco. And having been an employee of Taco Bell , I've consumed my fair
>share of those little things.
>
>Becky

Agreed, but they're still pretty darn good... but a word of advice, heavy
drinking either before or after consumption of TB Doritos is a
CATACLYSMICALLY BAD IDEA.

-jmf

Karl Bontrager

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96

ker...@oz.net Said:

>Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza
>Hut? I'd like to see a combination store like they are putting in Russia that
>has all three under the same roof. Lets, see, i'll take a soft taco, 6 piece
>chicken nugget, and some pizza bread. :)

We here at THE Ohio State University had one...past tense. It was pretty cool,
but you could not get a full menu from either place. For example: You could
not get a mexican pizza (because they want you to pay the big bucks for Pizza
Hut pizza). They also had some stuff from a place called Hot n' Now (yeechhh).

Greg

Feb 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/5/96
On 3 Feb 1996 19:01:13 GMT, jbo...@annap.infi.net (Nadamos) wrote:

>In article <4eeri6$q...@emerald.oz.net>, ker...@oz.net says...
>>

>>Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC, and
>Pizza
>>Hut? I'd like to see a combination store like they are putting in Russia
>that
>>has all three under the same roof. Lets, see, i'll take a soft taco, 6
>piece
>>chicken nugget, and some pizza bread. :)

>>I have seen those TB/KFC/PH trucks in the U.S.A.. I think TB, PH, and
>KFC all sponsor eachother.
>NAD

hmmm... let's see.. maybe the fact that PepsiCo owns all those food
places.... (ponder)

and, if you're in San Diego, stop by Coronado, as they have an
"All-In-One" where you can get a Taco Supreme, small Meatlovers pizza,
and a side of mashed 'taters...

kinda makes you wonder...

Karl Bontrager

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
In article <4f4t6j$6...@atlas.tncnet.com> ran...@atmnet.com (Greg) writes:
>From: ran...@atmnet.com (Greg)
>Newsgroups: alt.food.taco-bell
>Subject: Re: Ever seen those white TB/KFC/PH trucks?
>Date: Mon, 05 Feb 1996 12:29:23 GMT

> kinda makes you wonder...

We used to call ours (before it left) The Ken-Taco Hut.

WILD One

Feb 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/7/96
jbo...@annap.infi.net (Nadamos) wrote:
>In article <4eeri6$q...@emerald.oz.net>, ker...@oz.net says...
>>

>>Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC, and
>Pizza
>>Hut? I'd like to see a combination store like they are putting in Russia
>that
>>has all three under the same roof. Lets, see, i'll take a soft taco, 6
>piece
>>chicken nugget, and some pizza bread. :)
>>I have seen those TB/KFC/PH trucks in the U.S.A.. I think TB, PH, and
>KFC all sponsor eachother.
>NAD

I think the real reason all three are on the same truck is that PepsiCo owns
them all. It's probably cheaper to use a single distribution center and truck
to make all the deliveries.

Also, there are stores in the US that are combinations of Pizza Hut, KFC, and TB.
Just keep looking.

WILD One
"In the future all restaurants are Taco Bell" - from Demolition Man movie

Wayne Farmer

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96
In article <bontrager.4...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu> bontr...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Karl Bontrager) writes:
>From: bontr...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Karl Bontrager)

>Subject: Re: Ever seen those white TB/KFC/PH trucks?
>Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 00:47:55 GMT

>ker...@oz.net Said:

>>Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza
>>Hut? I'd like to see a combination store like they are putting in Russia that
>>has all three under the same roof. Lets, see, i'll take a soft taco, 6 piece
>>chicken nugget, and some pizza bread. :)

>We here at THE Ohio State University had one...past tense. It was pretty cool,

>but you could not get a full menu from either place. For example: You could
>not get a mexican pizza (because they want you to pay the big bucks for Pizza
>Hut pizza). They also had some stuff from a place called Hot n' Now (yeechhh).

At an intersection near where I used to work (Research Triangle Park in North
Carolina), PepsiCo really "cornered the market"! They had a Hot n' Now, a
Taco Bell, and a Pizza Hut next door to each other.

+-----------------+-------------------+------------------------------+
| Wayne Farmer | Kernersville, | wayne @ rbdc.rbdc.com |
| | North Carolina | 72377.134 @ compuserve.com |
| "a thing of beauty | WayneOHere @ aol.com |
| is a joy forever" - Keats | |
+-------------------------------------+------------------------------+
"We have arrived at the megabyte millenium, using our sophisticated
worldwide communications system to talk dirty to strangers."
- Ellen Goodman, The Boston Globe

William...@mail.hcsc.com

Feb 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/22/96
In article <wayne.116...@rbdc.rbdc.com>, wa...@rbdc.rbdc.com (Wayne
Farmer) writes:

>In article <bontrager.4...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>
bontr...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Karl Bontrager) writes:
>>From: bontr...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Karl Bontrager)
>>Subject: Re: Ever seen those white TB/KFC/PH trucks?
>>Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 00:47:55 GMT
>

>>ker...@oz.net Said:
>
>>>Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza
>>>Hut? I'd like to see a combination store like they are putting in Russia
that
>>>has all three under the same roof. Lets, see, i'll take a soft taco, 6 piece
>>>chicken nugget, and some pizza bread. :)

At the Delta terminal B in the Cincinnati airport they have one of these. I've
even been known to choose a routing through Cincinnati instead of Atlanta so I
can have Taco Bell on my trips. (Has anyone ever found any good food in the
Atlanta airport?)

William Curtiss | Harris Computer Systems Corporation
New Product Planning Manager | 2101 West Cypress Creek Road
William...@mail.csd.harris.com | Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are my own; they in no way reflect the
opinion or policies of Harris Computer Systems Corporation.

Joe Manfre

Feb 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/22/96
In article <4gi894$9...@hawk.hcsc.com>, William...@mail.hcsc.com wrote:

> In article <wayne.116...@rbdc.rbdc.com>, wa...@rbdc.rbdc.com (Wayne
> Farmer) writes:

> that
>
> At the Delta terminal B in the Cincinnati airport they have one of these. I've
> even been known to choose a routing through Cincinnati instead of
Atlanta so I
> can have Taco Bell on my trips. (Has anyone ever found any good food in the
> Atlanta airport?)

Back home in Baltimore we have a combination Taco Bell/KFC, but alas,
there's no Pizza Hut included...

And yes, once I got the largest apple I've ever seen for $.50 at the
Atlanta airport. I was afraid to try anything else...

Joe Manfre at Virginia Tech
The homepage your mother always warned you about:
http://www.vt.edu:10021/J/jcmanfre/
Fuck the CDA. Respect is due to the NOU. YHNFC. .sig? no.

J.C. Hughes

Feb 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/23/96
In <4gi894$9...@hawk.hcsc.com> William...@mail.hcsc.com writes:

>In article <wayne.116...@rbdc.rbdc.com>, wa...@rbdc.rbdc.com
(Wayne
>Farmer) writes:
>
>>In article <bontrager.4...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>
>bontr...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Karl Bontrager) writes:
>>>From: bontr...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Karl Bontrager)
>>>Subject: Re: Ever seen those white TB/KFC/PH trucks?
>>>Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 00:47:55 GMT

Russia
>that
>
>At the Delta terminal B in the Cincinnati airport they have one of
these. I've
>even been known to choose a routing through Cincinnati instead of
Atlanta so I
>can have Taco Bell on my trips. (Has anyone ever found any good food
in the
>Atlanta airport?)
>

>William Curtiss | Harris Computer Systems
Corporation
>New Product Planning Manager | 2101 West Cypress Creek Road
>William...@mail.csd.harris.com | Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
>
>DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are my own; they in no way
reflect the
> opinion or policies of Harris Computer Systems
Corporation.

There are currently seversl "2in1" restaurants opening with Taco Bell &
KFC. Usually it involves the addition of a Taco Bell menu to an
existing KFC, and the taco menu is limited to basic items- no border
lights, or steak or bacon tacos.

Grellus

Feb 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/24/96
In <wayne.116...@rbdc.rbdc.com> wa...@rbdc.rbdc.com (Wayne

Farmer) writes:

>In article <bontrager.4...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>
bontr...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Karl Bontrager) writes:
>>From: bontr...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Karl Bontrager)
>>Subject: Re: Ever seen those white TB/KFC/PH trucks?
>>Date: Sun, 4 Feb 1996 00:47:55 GMT
>

>>ker...@oz.net Said:
>
>>>Ever seen those white trucks that deliver stuff to Taco Bell, KFC,
and Pizza
>>>Hut? I'd like to see a combination store like they are putting in
Russia that
>>>has all three under the same roof. Lets, see, i'll take a soft taco,
6 piece
>>>chicken nugget, and some pizza bread. :)
>
>>We here at THE Ohio State University had one...past tense. It was
pretty cool,
>>but you could not get a full menu from either place. For example: You
could
>>not get a mexican pizza (because they want you to pay the big bucks
for Pizza
>>Hut pizza). They also had some stuff from a place called Hot n' Now
(yeechhh).

>At an intersection near where I used to work (Research Triangle Park
in North
>Carolina), PepsiCo really "cornered the market"! They had a Hot n'
Now, a
>Taco Bell, and a Pizza Hut next door to each other.
>
>+-----------------+-------------------+------------------------------+
>| Wayne Farmer | Kernersville, | wayne @ rbdc.rbdc.com |
>| | North Carolina | 72377.134 @ compuserve.com |
>| "a thing of beauty | WayneOHere @ aol.com |
>| is a joy forever" - Keats | |
>+-------------------------------------+------------------------------+
>"We have arrived at the megabyte millenium, using our sophisticated
> worldwide communications system to talk dirty to strangers."
> - Ellen Goodman, The Boston Globe
In Lansdale, PA, we have a Taco Bell and Pizza Hut right next to each
other, and the KFC is directly across the street. They're right on
Broad Street, too. Pretty convenient, though I only go to the Taco
Bell
gre...@ix.netcom.com

Brian Heath

Feb 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/25/96
j....@ix.netcom.com(J.C. Hughes) writes:

* There are currently seversl "2in1" restaurants opening with Taco Bell &
* KFC. Usually it involves the addition of a Taco Bell menu to an
* existing KFC, and the taco menu is limited to basic items- no border
* lights, or steak or bacon tacos.

I saw a combo Taco Bell/ Pizza Hut restaurant at the Logan Airport concourse
in Boston one time -- not bad. :)

BTW -- those white TB/KFC/PH trucks are officially run by "PFS" -- Pepsi Food
Service -- it makes sense that they have a combined distribution system for
their three co-owned restaurants.

^ ^ Brian Heath -- Photojournalist -- Rochester NY
@ @ http://www.servtech.com/public/heathbar
== v == heat...@servtech.com / heat...@cis.compuserve.com
^ "O.J. Simpson is going to appear on the Golf Channel.
He is going to give tips on how to play your way out
of a terrible lie." --- Bill Maher

Jay Fenster

Feb 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/25/96
Newark International Airport in NJ has a TB Express and a Pizza Hut/KFC,
but they're separated, if you can figure that one out...

In New York, they have combination Pizza Hut/Roy Rogers/Nathan's (and
sometimes Dunkin' Donuts too) under the same roof, but I have never seen
a t-bell in the Big Apple.

New Yorkers? Prove me wrong here!

Jay Fenster, Chilito for Hire

KarenDB

Feb 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/26/96
->>At an intersection near where I used to work (Research Triangle Park
->>in North Carolina), PepsiCo really "cornered the market"! They had a
->>Hot n' >Now, a Taco Bell, and a Pizza Hut next door to each other.

He's forgetting that there is a KFC just through the intersection from
this corner. So I guess if you're really hungry for pizza, Taco Bell,
and KFC..call ahead pick up the pizza, hit the drive thru at the Bell and
the KFC,find a place to park and enter junk food heaven. Course if
you're still hungry you can hit the Bojangles, Wendys, McDonalds, or
Burger King across the street.

Are your arteries starting to yell for help yet? :)

Trixie DeLuxe

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96
KarenDB (k...@bessel.nando.net) wrote:
: ->>At an intersection near where I used to work (Research Triangle Park

I just ignore their cries. Here in Chicago, not only do we have a combo
TB/KFC(which by the way does not have mexican pizzas :( ),but there is
also a Thorton's? gas station that has a TB in it.

Matt-a-roo

Feb 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/27/96

I live in CT, with TB, but I know that in NYC there is TB Express in JFK.
Take the IRC in the PM and BYOB.

-Matt-a-roo (ROTFL)
(this is true, BTW)
I-----------------------------------------------------------I
I DISCLAIMER: I
I -=+*This Message Does Not Necessarily Reflect*+=- I
I -=+*Intelligent Thoughts Of Any Kind.*+=- I
I I
I HEY KIDS! I
I Contact Matt-a-roo at mattaroo@.nai.net, and send fudge. I
I-----------------------------------------------------------I

Jason Mancini

Mar 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/1/96
What do you call that person who tastes the king's food to make
sure it's not poisoned? If any one knows, would you please email
me that elusive word?
Thanks in advance, Jason (jman...@pa.dec.com)

VoxPopuli

Mar 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/4/96
In article <4hdpmo$1r...@usenetw1.news.prodigy.com>,
FVW...@prodigy.com (Howard Billson) wrote:

>Jason Mancini <jman...@pa.dec.com> wrote:
>>
>>What do you call that person who tastes the king's food to make
>>sure it's not poisoned? If any one knows, would you please email
>>me that elusive word?

um, Jason, how about "food taster?" just a guess...

"But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explaination left
This species has amused itself to death..."
-Roger Waters

Brad Morrison

Mar 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/8/96
In article <313774...@pa.dec.com>, Jason Mancini <jman...@pa.dec.com>
queried:

>What do you call that person who tastes the king's food to make
>sure it's not poisoned? If any one knows, would you please email
>me that elusive word?

Hmmm, not sure of the word, but that was one of the Hebrew prophet
Nehemiah's duties for the Persian king he served, before he got a
furlough to rebuild the wall which circumscribed Jerusalem.
--
"Push to test." Brad Morrison: br...@neosoft.com, morr...@paranet.com
<click> "I put one in each eye and two up each nostril."