Wet Burrito

JL

May 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/19/99
I'm orig from Michigan.
We have a ton of places that serve Wet Burritos.
Here in Boston, a Wet Burrito is non-existent.

Does anyone have recipe's for Wet Burritos?

Dimitri G Criona

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99

JL wrote in message ...

No recipe needed. A wet burrito (in California) is simply any burrito that
you like *smothered* in sauce on the outside. Obviously this is a knife and
fork dish.

Traditionally a salsa verde (tomatillo or green chile based) is used for
chicken and most pork burritos and a red (enchilada) sauce is used for beef
or cheese based burritos.

Regards,

Dimitri

Frank J. Perricone

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
On Wed, 19 May 1999 23:09:52 -0400, "JL" <lew...@msn.com> wrote:

> I'm orig from Michigan.
> We have a ton of places that serve Wet Burritos.
> Here in Boston, a Wet Burrito is non-existent.
>
> Does anyone have recipe's for Wet Burritos?

The one place I've been that served a wet burrito, it was just a burrito
covered in an enchilada sauce and then cheese. So the recipe is, make any
kind of yummy filling you like -- beans, cheese, meat, veggies, peppers,
etc. Wrap a large flour tortilla around it and put it seam-side-down on a
dish. Pour enchilada sauce (start with canned -- later make your own) over
it, then sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese, and serve.

--
* Frank J. Perricone * hawt...@sover.net * http://www.sover.net/~hawthorn
Just because we aren't all the same doesn't mean we have nothing in common

Alan Boles

May 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/20/99
Somebody here wants Mexican recipes that are not normally associated
with mexico....
So can we also have a thread of food blantly not mexican that uses
some or all mexican ingredients........

Frank J. Perricone <hawt...@sover.net> wrote in message