En_adas

David Wright

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
Nancy Zaslavsky (A Cook's Tour of Mexico) has recipes for four dishes
from Oaxaca of tortillas (lightly fried first, or not) dipped in
different sauces and folded into quarters and topped with more sauce,
onion slices and white cheese. They're named depending on the sauce:
Enchiladas Oaxaqueños (red chile), Enmoladas (mole), Enfrijoladas
(black bean sauce), and Entomatadas (tomato sauce). Very easy once
you've made the sauce of your choice.

I'm on my way now to get some thick corn tortillas from my favorite
neighborhood Mexican restaurant and will make a red chile to dip them
into. And I'll make some guacamole to put on top of sliced tomatoes.

David

Richard

Aug 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/19/99
That sound delicious. What kind of cheese? Crumbly or melting?

David Wright <dtwr...@texas.net.nospam> wrote in message

David Wright

Aug 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/20/99
On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:45:00 -0400, "Richard" <re...@bild.net> wrote:

>That sound delicious. What kind of cheese? Crumbly or melting?

We had some crumbly cheese on hand so I used that, and it worked well.
Next time I'll try a melting-type just for fun. Maybe with
enfrijoladas.

David