New Years and Christmas Meals

1 view

chris....@gte.net

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
Hi I'm looking for traditional Mexican Christmas and New Year's recipies. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Victor M. Martinez

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
<chris....@gte.net> wrote:
>Hi I'm looking for traditional Mexican Christmas and New Year's recipies. Any
>help would be greatly appreciated.

Turkey is common for both holidays, usually with a meat stuffing with
fruits and nuts. Romeritos are a very traditional dish made with mole,
shrimp cakes and the green that give the dish its name (I have no idea
what they're called in english and I've never seen them here).
Tamales are common, both savory and sweet. Bacalao a la vizcaina is
also common (dry salted cod fish cooked mediterranean style with garlic,
tomatoes, olive oil, olives, capers, onion, etc.)
Other fancy dishes like a stuffed pork's leg are common with more
affluent families.
Wayne, am I missing something?

--
Victor M. Martinez, Jr. | The University of Texas at Austin
mar...@che.utexas.edu | Department of Chemical Engineering

Frank J. Perricone

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
On 17 Dec 1998 14:32:26 GMT, mar...@bullwinkle.che.utexas.edu (Victor M.
Martinez) wrote:

> >Hi I'm looking for traditional Mexican Christmas and New Year's recipies. Any
> >help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Tamales are common, both savory and sweet.

That's what we're doing this year for Christmas. Our first time ever
making tamales, too.

--
* Frank J. Perricone * hawt...@sover.net * http://www.sover.net/~hawthorn
Just because we aren't all the same doesn't mean we have nothing in common