Garnachas Poblanas Recipes

Sharon Martin

Jan 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/19/00

Does anyone have a good recipe?

Carlos Bozzo

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00

I found this recipe at the University of Guadalajara. I have never made it,
but you got me curious, so I looked for it. . If you do not understand
Spanish, let me know. Enjoy

GARNACHAS POBLANAS

( para 3 personas )

Ingredientes:

15 tortillas, chicas y delgadas
125 grs. de pulpa de cerdo
3 chiles anchos
1/4 taza de cebolla
150 grs. de papas, cocidas y peladas
125 grs. de manteca
sal

Procedimiento:

El día anterior, tostar, desvenar y quitarle las semillas a los chiles.

Ponerlos a remojar en agua caliente con sal. Al día siguiente, molerlos y
agregarles un poco de agua, para formar una salsa que se sazona con sal.

La carne, previamente cocida, deshebrarla. Picar finamente la cebolla y
partir las papas en cuadritos pequeños, sazonarlos con sal.

Calentar la manteca y freír una tortilla, primero por la parte del
pellejito.

Colocarle encima 1 cucharada de chile, papa, carne, cebolla, y bañarla con
manteca caliente, dejando dorar levemente la tortilla. Repetir esta
operación con cada tortilla. Servir enseguida.

----

Sharon Martin <shar...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jack Schidt

Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00

Carlos Bozzo <carlo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I found this recipe at the University of Guadalajara. I have never made
it,
> but you got me curious, so I looked for it. . If you do not understand
> Spanish, let me know. Enjoy

I ran the recipe through a web language translator. Wotta hoot!

GRENACHES POBLANAS
(for 3 people) Ingredients:

15 tortillas, 125 thin girls and grs. of pig pulp 3 1/4 wide chili peppers
cup of onion 150 grs. of Popes, cooked and bare 125 grs. butter you leave

Procedure:

The previous day, to toast, to desvenar and to clear the seeds to him to
chili peppers.

To put them to soak in hot water with salt. On the following day, to grind
them and to add a little to them water, to form a sauce that is ripened with
salt.

The meat, previously cooked, to deshebrar it. To prick finely the onion and
to divide the Popes in small cuadritos, to ripen them with salt.

To warm up the butter and to fry a tortilla, first by the part of the
pellejito.

To place to him raise 1 spoonful of Chile, Pope, meat, onion, and to bathe
it with hot butter, letting gild the tortilla slightly. To repeat this
operation with each tortilla. To serve immediately.

anonymous for this post

Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
Great! If you want a real laugh just retranslate it into German then back
into English. It will be unrecognisable.

Jack Schidt <jack....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Frank J. Perricone

Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:52:04 -0500, "Jack Schidt"
<jack....@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> GRENACHES POBLANAS
> (for 3 people) Ingredients:
>
> 15 tortillas, 125 thin girls and grs. of pig pulp 3 1/4 wide chili peppers
> cup of onion 150 grs. of Popes, cooked and bare 125 grs. butter you leave

Dang, this really leaves out those of us who live out in the boonies.
C'mon, folks, we don't all live in Mexico City, we can't all just pick up
150 grs. of Popes at the corner store! (To say nothing of 125 thin girls.)

--
* Frank J. Perricone * hawt...@sover.net * http://www.sover.net/~hawthorn
Warning: the above post was written in a facility where humor is processed.

David Wright

Jan 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/23/00
On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 21:45:50 GMT, Frank J. Perricone
<hawt...@sover.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:52:04 -0500, "Jack Schidt"
><jack....@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>> GRENACHES POBLANAS
>> (for 3 people) Ingredients:
>>
>> 15 tortillas, 125 thin girls and grs. of pig pulp 3 1/4 wide chili peppers
>> cup of onion 150 grs. of Popes, cooked and bare 125 grs. butter you leave
>
>Dang, this really leaves out those of us who live out in the boonies.
>C'mon, folks, we don't all live in Mexico City, we can't all just pick up
>150 grs. of Popes at the corner store! (To say nothing of 125 thin girls.)

Exactly! I thought of you when I read this, and felt sorry for you.
Thin girls must definitely be at a premium way up there in the frozen
north, where they are selected against, biologically, and I can't
imagine wasting 125 of them for just 15 tortillas and a wee bit of
Pope.

I suppose there are *some* Mexican "dishes" you just can't have up
there. :-(

David

Judy

Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00
Jack Schidt wrote:

> I ran the recipe through a web language translator. Wotta hoot!
>
> GRENACHES POBLANAS
> (for 3 people) Ingredients:
>
> 15 tortillas, 125 thin girls and grs. of pig pulp 3 1/4 wide chili peppers
> cup of onion 150 grs. of Popes, cooked and bare 125 grs. butter you leave

Thin girls, pig pulp and Popes!???!!!! Thanks for the giggles, Jack!

Judy

Sharon Martin

Jan 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/24/00

125 thin girls & Popes? This recipe is alot more complicated that what I
thought! But, it was very good. Thanks to you all.

Sharon ;)

Judy <ju...@hal-pc.org> wrote in message