Mustard on a Hamgurger?

Ray Sola

Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
I was just at a McDonalds (Tucson, Arizona). I ordered 3
cheeseburgers and was driving away. Luckily I took a bite out of one
before I left the parking lot. It had catsup (I doubt McD uses
ketchup) and mustard on it. Huh?

I went back in and asked what was up. The manager told me that all
McDonalds in Arizona put mustard on all hamburgers and cheeseburgers.

I doubt even the mustard companies know about this. Ever see a
mustard commercial which people eating hamburgers? Usually hotdogs
and turkey sandwiches.

I checked with Wendy's and they also put mustard on all hamburgers
that don't have bacon. They say that it is too salty with the bacon
and the mustard.

Is there any place else in the world where this is normal? I thought
all Americans ate hamburgers with ketchup and hotdogs with mustard.

ciao,

Ray

r...@volition.com

A Volition to Get FREE Stuff! http://www.volition.com/

ki...@ix.netcom.com

Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
only if it's dijon or stadium and with sweet pickle slices.

Ross Antisdel

Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99

Ray Sola wrote:

> I was just at a McDonalds (Tucson, Arizona). I ordered 3
> cheeseburgers and was driving away. Luckily I took a bite out of one
> before I left the parking lot. It had catsup (I doubt McD uses
> ketchup) and mustard on it. Huh?

They have to add something to fast food as the meat itself has no
flavor....

Donna McCurley

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
Ugh! Catsup on a hamburger? I always preferred it the other way
around--catsup on a hotdog, mustard on a hamburger! (And give me just
mayo and lots of pepper on a turkey sandwich, please!)

Seriously, I think both sandwiches lend themselves well to an
individual's personal preferences. My favorite hamburger toppings are
mustard (French's, not dijon!), pickle, lettuce and onion.
Hotdogs--mustard, onion and relish and sometimes a little catsup. A
lot of restaurants in the South offered hamburgers fixed with mayo,
catsup, lettuce and onion (not a bad combo either...).

I remember that Jack's Hamburgers, back in the mid-60s, offered mustard
on their burgers. (Those were good burgers in those days, folks!
Pre-MacD. days...). And the MacDonald's everywhere I've ever lived (AL,
MS, GA, and MD) all put mustard on their hamburgers and cheeseburgers.
Of course the dabs are so small, you'd hardly notice...

Donna

Ray Sola wrote:

> I was just at a McDonalds (Tucson, Arizona). I ordered 3
> cheeseburgers and was driving away. Luckily I took a bite out of one
> before I left the parking lot. It had catsup (I doubt McD uses
> ketchup) and mustard on it. Huh?

Gleason Pace

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
On Fri, 08 Jan 1999 01:10:07 GMT, ..d...@hwk.net.. wrote:

>Mustard belongs on Hamburgers and Hot Dogs. Ketchup belongs
>on Fries.
>
>At least in Texas it does. I am sure not all Texans feel
>the way I do but for 50 years it has been that way. EXCEPT
>at McD and a few other FAST FOOD places. A burger with
>KETCHUP was a sure sign of a yankee in this part of the
>country.

Eatem that way in Portland, OR. to. The far West is exempt from that
North/South thingy. Or is it because my 1st wife was from Georgia?

Gleason

Have you discovered The Hidden Garden?
http://wholeleaf.webjump.com

Roa...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
In article <369582C4...@att.net>,

dmcc...@att.net wrote:
> Ugh! Catsup on a hamburger? I always preferred it the other way
> around--catsup on a hotdog, mustard on a hamburger! (And give me just
> mayo and lots of pepper on a turkey sandwich, please!)
>
> Seriously, I think both sandwiches lend themselves well to an
> individual's personal preferences. My favorite hamburger toppings are
> mustard (French's, not dijon!), pickle, lettuce and onion.
> Hotdogs--mustard, onion and relish and sometimes a little catsup. A
> lot of restaurants in the South offered hamburgers fixed with mayo,
> catsup, lettuce and onion (not a bad combo either...).
>
> I remember that Jack's Hamburgers, back in the mid-60s, offered mustard
> on their burgers. (Those were good burgers in those days, folks!
> Pre-MacD. days...). And the MacDonald's everywhere I've ever lived (AL,
> MS, GA, and MD) all put mustard on their hamburgers and cheeseburgers.
> Of course the dabs are so small, you'd hardly notice...
>
> Donna

On my hamburgers or cheeseburgers I like pickles,lettuce and onions and lots
of mayo, and if i'm really feeling fancy some bacon slices.On my Dogs it's
lots of mayo cheese and onions. I always order them the same way wherever I
go.

--
Let your yes be yes and your no be no. A Half truth is a full lie!
Also Remember Mark McLaughlin 1954-1998

gilstover

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
Mustard and Catsup on hamburgers and hot dogs is the only way I have
ever eaten them all my life. On hamburgers I also add pickles...

wa...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
In article <3695FA66...@earthlink.net>,

gilstover <gils...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Mustard and Catsup on hamburgers and hot dogs is the only way I have
> ever eaten them all my life. On hamburgers I also add pickles...

So, ya spoil mustard with "hot dogs" and "MuckDonalds".
Andoulettes. They are the things for mustard.

Innabun.

John

POETS day again :-)

--
JUSTORUM SEMITA LUX SPLENDENS

Ray Sola

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
lee...@aol.com (LeeBat) wrote:

>Ah, that explains it. NYCers have VERY strict rules
>on what can be put on things. When I first moved
>here 20 years ago, I was amazed when people either
>gagged or started yelling at me when I asked for ketchup
>on my hot dogs.
>
>My Brooklyn-born wife insists that pizza can have nothing but cheese. She'd
>have a heart attack if she went to a
>pizzeria on the Left Coast where they add on stuff like
>kiwi fruit, pineapple and ferns.

I never said that I only have them one way. I put anything in the
fridge on my burgers: salsa, pickle chips, mayo, ranch dressing,
onions, etc. Whatever I find and are in the mood for. I was just
really surprized that this was the default in the South.

They put mustard and catsup on all hamburgers served. Not one or the
other.

As for pizza, look out. Ham and pinapple, sure. Taco pizza, sure.
Chicken and broccoli, deffinately. Anything you find that looks
interesting, no problem.

Jack Schidt

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
I dunno....I'm just not that structured when it comes to condiments,
although catsup on a hot dog or my god, a good bratwurst makes me turn away
in horror.

Fight food censorship in a big way.

Jack

Allan Koeberlin

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
Maybe a hamburger that you are choking on....wait.... that's a hamgurgler
Allan Koeberlin II
howl...@fort-lauderdale.crosswinds.net
Visit my Web Presence! http://members.theglobe.com/howlinowl/
Owlnet Internet Portal:
http://www.crosswinds.net/fort-lauderdale/~howlinowl/owlnet
ph119 wrote in message <369700ab....@news.mindspring.com>...
>On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 20:47:31 GMT, r...@volition.com (Ray Sola) wrote:
>
> What is a "hamgurger" ?

wayne

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99

Ray Sola wrote:

> I was just at a McDonalds (Tucson, Arizona). I ordered 3
> cheeseburgers and was driving away. Luckily I took a bite out of one
> before I left the parking lot. It had catsup (I doubt McD uses
> ketchup) and mustard on it. Huh?
>
> I went back in and asked what was up. The manager told me that all
> McDonalds in Arizona put mustard on all hamburgers and cheeseburgers.
>
> I doubt even the mustard companies know about this. Ever see a
> mustard commercial which people eating hamburgers? Usually hotdogs
> and turkey sandwiches.
>
> I checked with Wendy's and they also put mustard on all hamburgers
> that don't have bacon. They say that it is too salty with the bacon
> and the mustard.
>
> Is there any place else in the world where this is normal? I thought
> all Americans ate hamburgers with ketchup and hotdogs with mustard.
>
> ciao,
>
> Ray

Ray, when I was a kid, many years ago, I used to always have mustard on
my hamburgers,
and ketchup on my hot dogs.
We're not all of the same taste.
think of what a boring world it'd be...

--
Wayne
http://members.spree.com/blackie/calif.htm

Jeff Wheeler

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
Well yes..mustard on hamburgers is totally normal. In fact where I was
raised if you wanted mayonnaise on a hamburger you was forced to order what
was called a "Sissy Burger". Ketchup was never stanard on any kind of
sandwich..burger etc. Was only used for fried potatoes.

bigwheel

Ray Sola wrote in message <36951a15...@news.mindspring.com>...

>I was just at a McDonalds (Tucson, Arizona). I ordered 3
>cheeseburgers and was driving away. Luckily I took a bite out of one
>before I left the parking lot. It had catsup (I doubt McD uses
>ketchup) and mustard on it. Huh?
>
>I went back in and asked what was up. The manager told me that all
>McDonalds in Arizona put mustard on all hamburgers and cheeseburgers.
>
>I doubt even the mustard companies know about this. Ever see a
>mustard commercial which people eating hamburgers? Usually hotdogs
>and turkey sandwiches.
>
>I checked with Wendy's and they also put mustard on all hamburgers
>that don't have bacon. They say that it is too salty with the bacon
>and the mustard.
>
>Is there any place else in the world where this is normal? I thought
>all Americans ate hamburgers with ketchup and hotdogs with mustard.
>
>ciao,
>
>Ray

ph119

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

Dave Dodson

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
You know Ray, I got my first hamburger from McD in about 62 I believe and
guess what?! It had mustard and ketchup on it!!!! Quick check with a friend
revealed that McD has been using the same condiments on their various
products since Ray Kroc purchased the first stores from the McDonald bros in
California, and made it a chain nation-wide....
DaveD

dwhipkey

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

> --
> Let your yes be yes and your no be no. A Half truth is a full lie!
> Also Remember Mark McLaughlin 1954-1998
> Seattle Metro Bus Driver Murdered in the Line of Duty Nov 27,1998
> Operator #2106 GOD BLESS!! "We'll all miss you Mark"
> http://www.dejanews.com/~smokecookery

Great to see your tribute to Mark. Too bad the guy that killed him
killed himself too. He would have been a good candidate for some good
ole' fasioned ass kicking and torture before he was ALLOWED to die. I
didn't know Mark. I'm just a fellow Seattle-ite type.

Fuck you Seattle

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99
Hooray! One less Puget Sounder. Too bad the bus didn't go up in flames and
take out a bunch more in the process.

Keep Eastern Washington clean -- throw out the relocated Puget Sounders!

dwhipkey

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

SPLASH !!!!!! LOL

Donna McCurley

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
Which only goes to show that trolls are everywhere...

Donna

we

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
Every hamburger or cheeseburger at Mcdonald's contains 1/40 oz mustard.
for your information....

Roa...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> In article <369582C4...@att.net>,
> dmcc...@att.net wrote:
> > Ugh! Catsup on a hamburger? I always preferred it the other way
> > around--catsup on a hotdog, mustard on a hamburger! (And give me just
> > mayo and lots of pepper on a turkey sandwich, please!)
> >
> > Seriously, I think both sandwiches lend themselves well to an
> > individual's personal preferences. My favorite hamburger toppings are
> > mustard (French's, not dijon!), pickle, lettuce and onion.
> > Hotdogs--mustard, onion and relish and sometimes a little catsup. A
> > lot of restaurants in the South offered hamburgers fixed with mayo,
> > catsup, lettuce and onion (not a bad combo either...).
> >
> > I remember that Jack's Hamburgers, back in the mid-60s, offered mustard
> > on their burgers. (Those were good burgers in those days, folks!
> > Pre-MacD. days...). And the MacDonald's everywhere I've ever lived (AL,
> > MS, GA, and MD) all put mustard on their hamburgers and cheeseburgers.
> > Of course the dabs are so small, you'd hardly notice...
> >
> > Donna
> >

> On my hamburgers or cheeseburgers I like pickles,lettuce and onions and lots
> of mayo, and if i'm really feeling fancy some bacon slices.On my Dogs it's
> lots of mayo cheese and onions. I always order them the same way wherever I
> go.

James Rose

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
Try this one. Mine and my wife's little simple invention and very favorite
burger.
Form ground beef into patties and brown (best if grilled on a pit).
Top with Swiss cheese, grilled purple onions, and spicy brown mustard. Serve
on toasted rye bread.
Um!!!

James

lda...@*no_spam*roanoke.infi.net

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99
Personal preference: hamburger: lettuce, tomato (home grown, not those plastic
ones from the grocery store), and mayonnaise.

Hot dog: (Version 1): mustard (French's or Plochman's) and sauerkraut
(Version 2): small amount of mustard, large amount of cole slaw.

Quoth "James Rose" <jer...@bentonrea.com> :

To reply by email, remove the *NO_SPAM* from my email address.

Dimitri G Criona

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99

After all this reading I'm reminded of the Abbot & Costello <sp> routine
about Worcestershire sauce on Hot Dogs putting all of the mustard workers
into the poor house.........

Dimitri

Monroe,of course

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99

> I never said that I only have them one way. I put anything in the
> fridge on my burgers: salsa, pickle chips, mayo, ranch dressing,
> onions, etc. Whatever I find and are in the mood for. I was just
> really surprized that this was the default in the South.
>
> They put mustard and catsup on all hamburgers served. Not one or the
> other.
>
> As for pizza, look out. Ham and pinapple, sure. Taco pizza, sure.
> Chicken and broccoli, deffinately. Anything you find that looks
> interesting, no problem.

Here in NC, chili 'n' slaw goes for both burgers and dogs. Add chopped
onions and mustard-this is whut we call <all th'way>, bo!
Me personally, I hafta dope up MY catsup(ketchup),usually with Bufalo
brand chipotle hot sauce-TRY IT!

wayne

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99

James Rose wrote:

> Try this one. Mine and my wife's little simple invention and very favorite
> burger.
> Form ground beef into patties and brown (best if grilled on a pit).
> Top with Swiss cheese, grilled purple onions, and spicy brown mustard. Serve
> on toasted rye bread.
> Um!!!
>
> James

Now that sounds delicious.
Wish I had some right now...

--
Wayne
http://members.spree.com/blackie/calif.htm

Anti-Hero Art

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99
I'll put mustard and ketchup on my hamburgers. I also like to mix
ketchup and mustard together and run my french fries thru that
combo before munching them down. oh, and i also put pepper into
that mix too. makes it a spicy bite. I live in Texas.

Robert

Anti-Hero Art
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/4300/anti-heroart.html
Howington's Joint
http://home.earthlink.net/~antiheroart/joint.html

James Rose

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99

Anti-Hero Art wrote in message
<77e9si$5n4$1...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

>I'll put mustard and ketchup on my hamburgers. I also like to mix
>ketchup and mustard together and run my french fries thru that
>combo before munching them down. oh, and i also put pepper into
>that mix too. makes it a spicy bite. I live in Texas.

Try this:

mustard, horseradish, and your favorite hot sauce (I prefers Daves Insanity)
all combined. Dip yer fries in THAT bad boy!!! :^)

James

PS no measurements, you've got to figure those out on your own, depending on
your own personal taste.

Gleason Pace

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99
On Sat, 09 Jan 1999 07:10:04 GMT, ph...@mindspring.com (ph119) wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Jan 1999 20:47:31 GMT, r...@volition.com (Ray Sola) wrote:
>
> What is a "hamgurger" ?

No, No, It's a hamburger. Contains no ham, and a burger in any other
sense is nonsense. In other words, there may really be no such thing
as a "burger", except it seems to resemble the german word for a town
leader of some sort.

Fried ground beef, plus some kind of bun plus anything else.

Donna McCurley

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99

James Rose wrote:

> Anti-Hero Art wrote in message
> <77e9si$5n4$1...@holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...
> >I'll put mustard and ketchup on my hamburgers. I also like to mix
> >ketchup and mustard together and run my french fries thru that
> >combo before munching them down. oh, and i also put pepper into
> >that mix too. makes it a spicy bite. I live in Texas.
>
> Try this:
>
> mustard, horseradish, and your favorite hot sauce (I prefers Daves Insanity)
> all combined. Dip yer fries in THAT bad boy!!! :^)

You want a good hot sauce for 'dogs, fries, and burgers, try MP's West Indian
Hot Flambeau Sauce. It is bright red, comes in a catsup-shaped bottle, but the
resemblance stops there. The label lists hot peppers and onions as the primary
ingredients. I suspect the hot peppers are habeneros. Put too much and you end
up dancing around the room fanning your face... (My nephews get quite a kick
out of watching me eat the stuff!)

Donna

cyberchrist

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99
You mind not crossposting such bullshit to alt.horror.werewolves?

Jim Everman wrote:

> Rob Cypher, being a real butt-head, wrote:
>
> Nothing worth reading, but decided a whole bunch of people needed
> to see how clever he is.
>
> Keep moving folks, nothing here, followups restored.
>
> --
> Jim Everman mailto:eve...@Anet-STL.com
> http://www.Anet-STL.com/~everman/
>
> Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by
> stupidity.

Sheila Marie

Jan 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/13/99

Ray Sola <r...@volition.com> wrote in message

>I was just at a McDonalds (Tucson, Arizona). I ordered 3
>cheeseburgers and was driving away. Luckily I took a bite out of one
>before I left the parking lot. It had catsup (I doubt McD uses
>ketchup) and mustard on it. Huh?

Its been like that where I grew up since I was a kid. Nothing new there.

>I went back in and asked what was up. The manager told me that all
>McDonalds in Arizona put mustard on all hamburgers and cheeseburgers.

Yup, where have you been ;)

>I doubt even the mustard companies know about this. Ever see a
>mustard commercial which people eating hamburgers? Usually hotdogs
>and turkey sandwiches.

And baked beans, and hamburgers, and lima beans.

>I checked with Wendy's and they also put mustard on all hamburgers
>that don't have bacon. They say that it is too salty with the bacon
>and the mustard.

Been a standard too.

>Is there any place else in the world where this is normal? I thought
>all Americans ate hamburgers with ketchup and hotdogs with mustard.

Its normal in the United States, don't know what they do in South America or
Canada and Mexico. There are no "rules" to what condiments you can and can't
use on things. I've been known to put ketchup, mayo and mustard on hotdogs,
and just mayo and ketchup on hamburgers, mustard if the mood strikes me

Sheila Marie

McPCB

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99
Exactly. I have been to McDs all around the USA and every single one of
them puts mustard on the burger. I remember this because I hate the stuff
and always have to ask to have mine made without it.

What's this prejudice people have about ketchup on hot dogs? There never
seems to be any basis for it.

In article <3698D2F8...@netvision.net.il>, we

Donna McCurley

Jan 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/15/99

McPCB wrote:

> Exactly. I have been to McDs all around the USA and every single one of
> them puts mustard on the burger. I remember this because I hate the stuff
> and always have to ask to have mine made without it.
>
> What's this prejudice people have about ketchup on hot dogs? There never
> seems to be any basis for it.

It just goes to show -- one man's "yuk" is another man's "yum"....

Donna

Bison

Feb 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/13/99
The secret sauce for Cock Robin Steakburgers (actually a hamburger) was
made from ketchup and mustard. At one time they had over 100 stores
throughout the Chicago area (also known as Prince Castle).

*** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ***

Richard Lyon

Feb 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/17/99

Bison <biso...@yahoo.com> wrote in article
<4srx2.6414$Vz3.47528241@WReNphoon1>...

Did you know that Cock Robin(formerly Prince Castle(formerly Naperville
Creamery)) origionated from Naperville, IL and still has at least two
stores I know of operating. One in Naperville, IL and one in Wheaton, IL.
There prices are a little steep, but the food's great.

Message has been deleted

hi dummy

Mar 18, 2021, 12:35:03 PM3/18/21
Yup it is.