bbq issue of magazine?

1 view

Wade Roberts

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Last summer, I picked up a magazine with a great issue on BBQ, and its
regional incarnations. There were long stories about BBQ in Texas,
Memphis, and North Carolina, and lots of recipes. It was a great issue, so
great that I seemed to have loaned my copy out and to have forgotten who
has it -- now that I really want it.

Does anyone recollect what magazine and issue it was in?

E-mail responses greatly appreciated, to:

wrob...@popmail.colum.edu

Thanks.

Andy Williams

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Wade Roberts writes:

>Last summer, I picked up a magazine with a great issue on BBQ, and its
>regional incarnations. There were long stories about BBQ in Texas,
>Memphis, and North Carolina, and lots of recipes.

>Does anyone recollect what magazine and issue it was in?

Bon Appetit runs a BBQ issue every year that fits that description.
--
Andy Williams - real address andywlms at ct2 dot nai dot net

Paul Ferguson

Jul 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/17/99
Wade Roberts <wrob...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Last summer, I picked up a magazine with a great issue on BBQ, and its
> regional incarnations. There were long stories about BBQ in Texas,

> Memphis, and North Carolina, and lots of recipes. It was a great issue, so
> great that I seemed to have loaned my copy out and to have forgotten who
> has it -- now that I really want it.
>

> Does anyone recollect what magazine and issue it was in?
>

> E-mail responses greatly appreciated, to:
>
> wrob...@popmail.colum.edu
>
> Thanks.

I think you're referring to the June 98 issue of Chile Pepper magazine,
"The BBQ Trail: Kansas City, Memphis, Texas, North Carolina".

//fergy

--
Paul Ferguson <http://www.best.com/~fergy/>
"Life is not chess but backgammon,

Mark Harris

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
". For the past five years, Bon Appetit has done a BBQ issue. In one of
the issues, I believe they did a regional study.

Scott Keese

Jul 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/18/99
I'm pretty sure it was Bon Appetit last summer,
might have been chile pepper.