Thanksgiving Menu

SDenton

Nov 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/16/00

Cuchulain Libby wrote in message
<_U0R5.12720$Lx3.1...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>...
>So I get the duties, right?

OK, I'll bite. What are Cowtown Wolf Turds?

Cuchulain Libby

Nov 16, 2000, 9:40:58 PM11/16/00
So I get the duties, right? Well I'm thinking the smoked turkey/ham is a
given. Typical Southern sides: baked sweet potatos, garlic mashed potatos,
and those damned canned green beans with the C of M soup and shoestrings.
Thought I would spice it up with Cowtown Wolf Turds and Southwestern
eggrolls. Scratch pecan pie, popovers and a loooong nap... too bad it's
still the Cowboys an' Lions.

--
-Cuchulain
ICQ 83719527

G Wiv

Nov 17, 2000, 12:47:46 AM11/17/00
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 02:40:58 GMT, "Cuchulain Libby"
<cuch...@satx.rr.com> wrote:
<snip>

>Thought I would spice it up with Cowtown Wolf Turds
<snip>

Cuchulain,

You might want to try a Dragon Turd, same recipe, just use a habanero
instead of a jalapeno. I had the Dragons this summer and they really
lit me up.

Regards

Smoking in Chicago,
Gary

Cuchulain Libby

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00

"G Wiv" <gw...@pcc.net> wrote in message

Gotta be mindful of the guests, dangit.

[Stepping on post]:
Turds are just jalapenos (or Habs) stuffed with pork (tender)loin wrapped
w/bacon and smoked

--
-Cuchulain
ICQ 83719527

Ricky

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Cuchulain Libby <cuch...@satx.rr.com> wrote

> Turds are just jalapenos (or Habs) stuffed with pork (tender)loin wrapped
> w/bacon and smoked

Cuch,
Is that pulled/chopped pork or whole chunks? Do you cook the pork first
and then stuff and smoke the turd or is it all smoked together? Dangit, just
post the damn recipe!!!

--
Ricky Ginsburg can be reached at:
E-Mail: fawn...@mindspring.com

G Wiv

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:08:10 -0500, "Ricky" <fawn...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Dangit, just
>post the damn recipe!!!

Cowtown Wolf Turds
By Bigwheel

30-40 jalapeno Peppers
Pork Loin--slice thin strips (I used tenderloin)
Soy Sauce
Bacon Strips cut in half
Lemon Pepper or Greek Seasoning

Split seed and devein peppers
Marinade pork in soy sauce
Stuff peppers with marinated pork
Wrap with bacon using toothpicks to hold together
Dust with seasoning

Smoke or grill till done.

If you like very hot food use habanero peppers in place of jalapeno
and change name to Cowtown Dragon Turds

KKPdude

Nov 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/23/00
"Cuchulain Libby" cuch...@satx.rr.com writes:

>damned canned green beans with the C of M soup

The proverbial Presbyterian sauce. Can't go to one of their potlucks without
it....

The Dude