Lotus fried rice in lotus leaf - Côm goùi laù sen
Ingredients - Serves 4
280 g jasmine rice
Pre cooked rice, cool it down and keep it cold ready for use.
300 g cooked and diced chicken fillet
100 g Chinese sausage, small diced and boiled in water for 30 second
2 dried lotus leaves soften in boiling water (“lá sen”)
6 shallots, peeled and finely chopped (“hành tím”)
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 medium size carrots, peeled, small diced (Brunoise)
100 g lotus seeds, pre-soaked, removed green shoots in the centre
(cooked gently for 20 minutes) (“hạt sen”).
1/2 bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped stems only (“ngò rí”)
1 bunch spring onion, cut into ½ cm width (“hành lá”)
2 red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons fish sauce (“nước mắm”)
½ teaspoon ground white or black pepper
• In a wok heat 3 tablespoons cooking oil.
• Fry shallots and garlic till fragrant and then add all ingredients
except the rice and spring onion. Seasoning with fish sauce and fry for
a few minutes.
• Add cooked rice, spring onion and then stir-fried for about 3 minutes.
• Spread out lotus leaf into a rice bowl, filled with fried rice and
pack it thigh.
• Fold the two sides of leaves to the centre to a thigh package and then
fold the two ends together, cover with cling film.
Steam it 3 minutes in microwave.
Flip on a plate and then cut a cross with the tip of a knife, open each
side like petals of a lotus. more information please visit here: