Poison Ivy Tea for Cancer?

Edward F. Gunsch

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

Hello:

A friend, who has lung cancer was prescribed Poison Ivy Tea by a local
doctor. Has anyone ever heard anything about this?
I'd appreciate anyone sharing any information they might have.

Best Regards, Ed

Larry Preuss

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

In article <3283d2a...@news.mindspring.com>, eq...@mindspring.com
(M.D.B.) wrote:

> On 7 Nov 1996 04:52:17 -0500, wolf...@aol.com (Wolfenhnd) wrote:
>
> >In article <55ma79$k...@news.mhv.net>, "Edward F. Gunsch"

> ><"efgr...@mhv.net"@mhv.net> writes:
> >
> >>A friend, who has lung cancer was prescribed Poison Ivy Tea by a local
> >>doctor.
> >

> >Which doctor? Or should I say: Witch doctor? I thought MY medical
> >doctor was being radical when he recommended CoQ-10 as a daily
> >suppliment...
> >
> I would imagine that the reactive oils present in poison ivy would
> leach out into the water while your friend was making the tea. I
> shudder to think what would happen when those oils made contact with
> the sensitive tissues in his throat.
>
> Mark "i'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV" Bland.

The poison ivy oil (urushiol) wouldn't cause trouble in his throat, as a
combining of that oil and the outer layer of the skin is necessary to form
a complete antigen (allergen). He's likely to have trouble, however, when
the oil hits his anus.

Larry Preuss

Wolfenhnd

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

<"efgr...@mhv.net"@mhv.net> writes:

>A friend, who has lung cancer was prescribed Poison Ivy Tea by a local
>doctor.

Which doctor? Or should I say: Witch doctor? I thought MY medical
doctor was being radical when he recommended CoQ-10 as a daily
suppliment...

-Wolfenhnd