Playing with Jesus

Buttons

Jan 3, 2001, 12:42:22 AM1/3/01
My know-it-all step-brother told us a "news story" about a little boy in
Texas. The boy told his mother that Jesus wanted to play with him and asked
if that was all right. Several hours after she told him it was OK, the boy
was found dead in the front yard, kneeling with arms outstretched and face
up to the sky. There was no cause of death determined.

I'm sure it's bunk. Has anyone else heard this or know where I can find
info to show my brother how gullible he is?

Thanks!
Deb

Laurent Berger

Jan 3, 2001, 10:42:50 AM1/3/01

I'm very sorry but I'm trying to figure how you can be:

-kneeling
-having your arms outstretched
-facing the sky
-dead

at the same time, and I'm having trouble.

Laurent "dead and posting to AFU" Berger

Sidhedevil

Jan 3, 2001, 1:39:26 PM1/3/01
In article <2Zy46.403$rh3.1...@typhoon.mn.mediaone.net>,

Repeat the story back to him, slowly. Then say: "You believed
this?!?!?"

Sidhedevil "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" the She-Devil

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Joshua E Millard

Jan 3, 2001, 1:36:26 PM1/3/01
Laurent Berger (lau...@brandeis.edu) uttered:

>Somebody said:
>> I'm sure it's bunk. Has anyone else heard this or know where I can find
>> info to show my brother how gullible he is?

Sounds a hell of a lot like an episode of X-Files to me. That is, a
specific episode which I've actually seen. ;) Make the boy a handicapped
girl, get rid of the "Can I play with Jesus" question, and burn her eyes
out (a la "holy fire", at least if you ask Mulder), and you've got it on
the nose.

>I'm very sorry but I'm trying to figure how you can be:
>
>-kneeling
>-having your arms outstretched
>-facing the sky
>-dead
>
>at the same time, and I'm having trouble.

Doable. Okay, kneel down on the ground. So yer kneeling, sorta sitting
on your feet. Now look up, letting your head, say, rest rocked backwards
on your neck. Look, the sky! Now, stretch your arms out/up -- so that
they are outstretched, anyhow -- and you've got that handled, too.

Now, die. Ta da!

Whether or not the arms are supposed to be up in the air or just limply
out to his sides is another question, but seeing as the story is short on
details, you can make your own call. It's plausible, all else aside, that
someone could be dead in a sort of slumping kneeling position, if they got
that way ahead of time and didn't die violently, I suppose.

For the record, in the X-Files episode there was an instant rigor mortis
-- the girl was sorta frozen with her hand up in front of her face.

Of course, Chris Carter might've heard the same story...

--
+---+ With great effort, you move the boulder. ################
|..$| # Josh Millard #
|.@'.##########################################################
|<d.| # pu...@wpi.edu # www.wpi.edu/~pulp - music, words, etc #
+---+ ########################################################

Ben Donnelly

Jan 3, 2001, 1:36:17 PM1/3/01
While I think this posture would be quite difficult to maintain while
dead, I can picture it: envision someone dropping to thier knees as the
soul gets sucked out of their chest, like Nazis during the climax of
Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Bendy

Laurent Berger wrote:
> I'm very sorry but I'm trying to figure how you can be:
>
> -kneeling
> -having your arms outstretched
> -facing the sky
> -dead
>
> at the same time, and I'm having trouble.
>
> Laurent "dead and posting to AFU" Berger

Ben Donnelly -- UNC-CH School of Medicine
Server Administrator telephone (919) 966-9900
Office of Information Sytems fax (919) 966-6923

Cutiel0l

Jan 3, 2001, 4:20:40 PM1/3/01
hey
you know, your "know-it-all" step-brother could be telling you the truth.
Strange things like that really can happen. Trust me. i know. it's happened
before.

Lars Eighner

Jan 3, 2001, 7:29:34 PM1/3/01
In our last episode, <92vrfa$cta$1...@bigboote.WPI.EDU>,
the lovely and talented Joshua E Millard
broadcast on alt.folklore.urban:

JEM> Sounds a hell of a lot like an episode of X-Files to me. That
JEM> is, a specific episode which I've actually seen. ;) Make the boy
JEM> a handicapped girl, get rid of the "Can I play with Jesus"
JEM> question, and burn her eyes out (a la "holy fire", at least if
JEM> you ask Mulder), and you've got it on the nose.

It is directly from the unbroadcast pilot of the ill-fated
_Torched by an Angel_. CBS thought it was too edgy to run
right after _60 Minutes_ and sent it back to be retooled into
the usual sentimental pap.

--
Lars Eighner eig...@io.com http://www.io.com/~eighner/
"Hey, I'm not a lot of people." --Red Green

cathy_...@my-deja.com

Jan 3, 2001, 10:13:26 PM1/3/01
In article <20010103162040...@ng-cv1.aol.com>,
What? When? Where? Who?

Cathy "Trust me, I'm a rat" Walshe

Lon Stowell

Jan 3, 2001, 10:36:30 PM1/3/01
Buttons <deb...@unforgettable.com> wrote:
>My know-it-all step-brother told us a "news story" about a little boy in
>Texas. The boy told his mother that Jesus wanted to play with him and asked
>if that was all right. Several hours after she told him it was OK, the boy
>was found dead in the front yard, kneeling with arms outstretched and face
>up to the sky. There was no cause of death determined.

My guess would be a circulatory issue. Ever try to kneel very
long with your face upwards and your arms outstretched?

>I'm sure it's bunk. Has anyone else heard this or know where I can find
>info to show my brother how gullible he is?

Where would you get the mistaken illusion that the type of
person even willing to pass on this type of story is at all
capable of rationally discussing the issue, much less allowing
their views to be changed?

Cinorjer

Jan 3, 2001, 10:36:55 PM1/3/01

On the other hand, this is a good example of an unprovable story, anyway. Say
you could prove there was a boy found dead in the yard, in whatever posture.
It could even be an unexplained death, no specific cause found. It happens
sometimes. We now have only the mother's word about the "Playing with Jesus"
statement, and even then we have the psychological habit of seeing meaning in
random events. Children say strange things all the time, and are easily
misheard.
Jerry

Tom Sevart

Jan 3, 2001, 11:29:37 PM1/3/01

"Cutiel0l" <cuti...@aol.com> wrote in message

Let me guess, it happened to a friend of a friend of yours?

Tom "heard it from a friend who... heard it from a friend who... heard it
from another you've been messing around" Sevart

Hammond

Jan 3, 2001, 11:34:58 PM1/3/01
Lon Stowell wrote:

> In article <2Zy46.403$rh3.1...@typhoon.mn.mediaone.net>,
> Buttons <deb...@unforgettable.com> wrote:
> >My know-it-all step-brother told us a "news story" about a little boy in
> >Texas. The boy told his mother that Jesus wanted to play with him and asked
> >if that was all right. Several hours after she told him it was OK, the boy
> >was found dead in the front yard, kneeling with arms outstretched and face
> >up to the sky. There was no cause of death determined.

I live in Texas and I've never heard that story before, news or anywhere
else. I agree it's bunk. Now that silly story about the people flocking
to see the Virgin Mary (or was it Jesus) appearing in a stain
(alledgedly ice cream, probably something worse) on the sidewalk in
Houston was apparently true. Of course, people see what they want to
see. Funny how Jesus and Mary always look just like the storybook
pictures, huh? I wonder if any other deities make regular appearences in
stains. ;)

Sharon

Joshua E Millard

Jan 4, 2001, 1:14:07 AM1/4/01
Tom Sevart (n2...@yahoo.com) uttered:

>"Cutiel0l" <cuti...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> hey
>> you know, your "know-it-all" step-brother could be telling you the truth.
>> Strange things like that really can happen. Trust me. i know. it's
>happened
>> before.
>
>Let me guess, it happened to a friend of a friend of yours?

Possibly an estranged uncle. Possibly alcoholic.

I for one know a photographer lady who has had, as a client, the talented
and singular 80s sensation Yakov Smirnoff. Shot his wedding.

Josh "In Soviet Russia, photograph takes you!" Millard

Alastair Rae

Jan 4, 2001, 7:53:49 AM1/4/01
On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 05:42:22 GMT, "Buttons" <deb...@unforgettable.com>
wrote:
> [...]

>I'm sure it's bunk. Has anyone else heard this or know where I can find
>info to show my brother how gullible he is?

Look, religious people make up stuff all the time. There's no point
trying to argue with this sort of bull.

--
Alastair Rae, London, Europe.
Remove NOSPAM from my email address to reply.

Tom Sevart

Jan 4, 2001, 8:39:50 AM1/4/01

"Alastair Rae" <NOSPA...@tertio.com> wrote in message

> Look, religious people make up stuff all the time. There's no point
> trying to argue with this sort of bull.

And not only that, you can't prove that it _didn't_ happen.

Madeleine Page

Jan 4, 2001, 9:21:05 AM1/4/01
Alastair Rae <NOSPA...@tertio.com> writes:
> "Buttons" <deb...@unforgettable.com> wrote:

>>I'm sure it's bunk. Has anyone else heard this or know where I can find
>>info to show my brother how gullible he is?
>
> Look, religious people make up stuff all the time. There's no point
> trying to argue with this sort of bull.

Seems to me that militant atheism, along with a blanket condemnation of
the veracity of "religious people" is as much a violation of the BoR as
posting Bible verses.

Please desist.

Madeleine "thank you" Page

--
Visit my home page! Sign my imaginary guestbook!
www.mpage.net

jerryG

Jan 4, 2001, 11:23:44 AM1/4/01
In article <9320sh$f5m$1...@news.panix.com>,

Madeleine Page <mp...@mpage.net> wrote:
> Alastair Rae <NOSPA...@tertio.com> writes:
> > "Buttons" <deb...@unforgettable.com> wrote:
>
> >>I'm sure it's bunk. Has anyone else heard this or know where I can
> >>find info to show my brother how gullible he is?
> >
> > Look, religious people make up stuff all the time. There's no point
> > trying to argue with this sort of bull.
>
> Seems to me that militant atheism, along with a blanket condemnation
> of the veracity of "religious people" is as much a violation of the
> BoR as posting Bible verses.

I think you mispleted "voracity," but since this was such a good BoPR
check, I'll overlook it this time. And watch out for them radical
egalitarians. They can be as voracious as atheists and Bible thumpers.

Jerry "vilipendious" G

--
Nothing he's got he really needs,
21st Century Schizoid Man. King Crimson

Medieval Knievel, Archduke of Oklahoma

Jan 4, 2001, 1:32:13 PM1/4/01

"Hammond" <s...@tyl.NOgarbage.er.net> wrote in message

? I wonder if any other deities make regular appearences in
> stains.

There's a water stain on my ceiling that looks like Martin Luther (not a
deity, but uncanny anyway) if you look at it just right, in low light,
squinting hard, and aren't too discerning.

--

********************
Medieval Knievel

Silverwing

Jan 4, 2001, 11:35:17 AM1/4/01
Check the Jack Zipes unabridged edition of the Grimm Brothers' Tales. My
copy is in storage, otherwise I'd look it up myself. I recall a story that
matches pretty well, somewhere in the last section of the book where they
have religious stories and other out-takes from the Household Tales.

Steve "I don't want you playing with that kid from Nazareth any more--he's
dangerous" Close

"Buttons" <deb...@unforgettable.com> wrote in message

Drew Lawson

Jan 4, 2001, 12:01:28 PM1/4/01

"Buttons" <deb...@unforgettable.com> writes:
>My know-it-all step-brother told us a "news story" about a little boy in
>Texas. The boy told his mother that Jesus wanted to play with him and asked
>if that was all right. Several hours after she told him it was OK, the boy
>was found dead in the front yard,

I've run into this one, though I can't recall where.
It is passed on as an inspirational tale. I think the points are
supposed to be:
1) Your dead little boy is really okay because he is where he is
needed/wanted.
2) "from the mouths of babes . . ."
3) This is Real and Now, not just in a dusty old book, so believe
and clean up your act.

I'm not clear on whether the tellers of the story either believe
that it is a true event or care whether it is a true event.

>kneeling with arms outstretched and face
>up to the sky. There was no cause of death determined.

This doesn't sound like a position that one would maintain after
death. It sounds like he should have fallen over, or at least had
his head face down.

>I'm sure it's bunk. Has anyone else heard this or know where I can find
>info to show my brother how gullible he is?

That's probably a losing battle, unless it was published as a bit
of fiction and you can find the origin. But the few "inspirational
stories" I've seen don't call attention to them being fiction.
That usually gets in the way of the effect. (The same can be said
of horror stories and many other types.)

Drew "and country songs" Lawson
--
|Drew Lawson | Of all the things I've lost |
|dr...@furrfu.com | I miss my mind the most |

Deborah Stevenson

Jan 4, 2001, 12:11:20 PM1/4/01

On 4 Jan 2001, Drew Lawson wrote:

> In article <2Zy46.403$rh3.1...@typhoon.mn.mediaone.net>
> "Buttons" <deb...@unforgettable.com> writes:
> >My know-it-all step-brother told us a "news story" about a little boy in
> >Texas. The boy told his mother that Jesus wanted to play with him and asked
> >if that was all right. Several hours after she told him it was OK, the boy
> >was found dead in the front yard,
>

> >kneeling with arms outstretched and face
> >up to the sky. There was no cause of death determined.
>
> This doesn't sound like a position that one would maintain after
> death. It sounds like he should have fallen over, or at least had
> his head face down.

Couldn't that be part of the point, though? Sounds like a nifty Sign to
me.

Deborah Stevenson
(stev...@alexia.lis.uiuc.edu)

Joshua E Millard

Jan 4, 2001, 3:48:06 PM1/4/01
jerryG (stormw...@my-deja.com) uttered:

>> Seems to me that militant atheism, along with a blanket condemnation
>> of the veracity of "religious people" is as much a violation of the
>> BoR as posting Bible verses.
>
>I think you mispleted "voracity," but since this was such a good BoPR
>check, I'll overlook it this time. And watch out for them radical
>egalitarians. They can be as voracious as atheists and Bible thumpers.

And I think you're unfamiliar with the word "veracity." ;) Two different
words of different meaning that, in this situation, can both apply, but
jerryG's is more to the point.

As my parents have sacked this computer room of all books (you leave for
a few years, look what happens...), dictionary included, and I'm too lazy to
hit dictionary.com, I'll just poorly define veracity as "truthfulness".
"Ms. Pulling's reports on _Dungeons and Dragons_ made up for with voracity
what they lacked in veracity." :)

David and/or Jackie Laderoute

Jan 4, 2001, 4:59:11 PM1/4/01
On 4 Jan 2001 17:01:28 GMT, dr...@furrfu.com (Drew Lawson) wrote:
>In article <2Zy46.403$rh3.1...@typhoon.mn.mediaone.net>
> "Buttons" <deb...@unforgettable.com> writes:
[snip]

>>kneeling with arms outstretched and face
>>up to the sky. There was no cause of death determined.
>
>This doesn't sound like a position that one would maintain after
>death. It sounds like he should have fallen over, or at least had
>his head face down.

That's how I read it, actually - that he had fallen over. Backwards.
Imagine this: person in low kneeling posture (low kneeling - with
buttocks resting on feet. As opposed to high kneeling, with thighs
perpendicular to lower legs and buttocks in air). Face and arms raised
to the heavens. Person dies, falls over backwards and is found with his
arms over his head, head on ground with face up, knees bent and lower
legs under buttocks/torso.

In the interest of science, I just tried it. Even though alive, I can
lower myself backward from a low kneeling position so that my shoulders
and head are resting on the floor. It's not comfortable, but that would
probably be the least of my considerations once dead.

Jackie "fair, fat, forty... and flexible" Laderoute

--
< o \"/ Don't play cat and mouse with me! (
---© ) ()-()

Madeleine Page

Jan 4, 2001, 5:04:00 PM1/4/01
Joshua E Millard <pu...@wpi.edu> writes:
> jerryG (stormw...@my-deja.com) uttered:

>>> Seems to me that militant atheism, along with a blanket condemnation
>>> of the veracity of "religious people" is as much a violation of the
>>> BoR as posting Bible verses.
>>
>>I think you mispleted "voracity," but since this was such a good BoPR
>>check, I'll overlook it this time. And watch out for them radical
>>egalitarians. They can be as voracious as atheists and Bible thumpers.
>
> And I think you're unfamiliar with the word "veracity." ;)

Oh dear.

And terminated by some line noise, too.

Oh dear, oh dear.

[snip definitions of 'voracity' and 'veracity' replete with more line
noise]

Madeleine "always a good idea to learn about the morays before leaping in
the deep end" Page

David Hatunen

Jan 4, 2001, 5:16:07 PM1/4/01
In article <932ni6$4lv$1...@bigboote.WPI.EDU>,

Joshua E Millard <pu...@WPI.EDU> wrote:

>And I think you're unfamiliar with the word "veracity." ;) Two
>different words of different meaning that, in this situation, can
>both apply, but jerryG's is more to the point.
>
>As my parents have sacked this computer room of all books (you
>leave for a few years, look what happens...), dictionary included,
>and I'm too lazy to hit dictionary.com, I'll just poorly define
>veracity as "truthfulness". "Ms. Pulling's reports on _Dungeons
>and Dragons_ made up for with voracity what they lacked in
>veracity." :)

Dear Sir:

We are sorry to inform you that you have failed both parts of the
entrance test for AFU and your application has been rejected. Do
not be discouraged, though; we are certain that after sufficient
lurking as well as some study you will pass the test with flying
colors next time.

Sincerely
AFU Gmbh

--
********** DAVE HATUNEN (hat...@sonic.net) ***********
* Daly City California *

Marc M Reeve

Jan 4, 2001, 5:27:03 PM1/4/01
Tom Sevart <n2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Tom "heard it from a friend who... heard it from a friend who... heard it
>from another you've been messing around" Sevart

Sorry, wrong newsgroup. Rec.autos.antique is down the hall, right next
to alt.autos.antique.

Marc "where else would you discuss a REO Speedwagon?" Reeve
--
Marc Reeve cmr...@SPAM.ucsc.edu
"I recall disliking Washington National in the early/mid '80s because

Drew Lawson

Jan 4, 2001, 6:24:33 PM1/4/01
In article <52s95t0p2u9nn0qlv...@news.baynet.net>

ja...@baynet.net writes:
>On 4 Jan 2001 17:01:28 GMT, dr...@furrfu.com (Drew Lawson) wrote:
>>In article <2Zy46.403$rh3.1...@typhoon.mn.mediaone.net>
>> "Buttons" <deb...@unforgettable.com> writes:
>[snip]
>
>>>kneeling with arms outstretched and face
>>>up to the sky. There was no cause of death determined.
>>
>>This doesn't sound like a position that one would maintain after
>>death. It sounds like he should have fallen over, or at least had
>>his head face down.
>
>That's how I read it, actually - that he had fallen over. Backwards.

I considered that possibility, but it didn't seem to be what the
author intended (in my reading). I'm not sure I'd think of the
result as kneeling.

I assumed that the intended image was a posture that I've seen in
some church services and/or worship gatherings (not sure if it is
characteristic of any denomination). This is where those in
attendance have their arms spread slightly (maybe half way between
horizontal and vertical) with hands open palmed, at least periodically
looking upward joyfully.

Maybe I just projected that into my reading based on the intended
message.

Drew "comparative religion ya us" Lawson

Viv

Jan 4, 2001, 5:59:48 PM1/4/01
Recently, "Medieval Knievel, Archduke of Oklahoma"
<stinky_cogn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

:
:"Hammond" <s...@tyl.NOgarbage.er.net> wrote in message

:
:? I wonder if any other deities make regular appearences in
:> stains.
:
:There's a water stain on my ceiling that looks like Martin Luther (not a
:deity, but uncanny anyway) if you look at it just right, in low light,
:squinting hard, and aren't too discerning.

MINE!

Vivienne "I prefer devotional doughnuts, but stains ain't bad" Smythe
--

There's a water stain on my ceiling that looks like Martin Luther (not
a deity, but uncanny anyway) if you look at it just right, in low

light, squinting hard, and aren't too discerning. [Medieval Knievel,
Archduke of Oklahoma, planning the next Dust-Bowl tourist attraction]

Joshua E Millard

Jan 4, 2001, 8:17:05 PM1/4/01
David Hatunen (hat...@bolt.sonic.net) uttered:

>Joshua E Millard <pu...@WPI.EDU> wrote:

[knee-jerk pedantry snipped]

>We are sorry to inform you that you have failed both parts of the
>entrance test for AFU and your application has been rejected.

TWIMC:

I herein offer my apologies for the content in question. There was a
terrible accident involving the spilling of hard liquor into my mouth and
onto my keyboard. The results, containing an unfortunate abundance of
punctuation, are most regrettable. I must take better care of my keyboard
and other things, I suppose.

IHBT, IHL.

Karen J. Cravens

Jan 4, 2001, 9:36:26 PM1/4/01
hat...@bolt.sonic.net (David Hatunen) wrote in
<HC656.279$Hj7....@typhoon.sonic.net>:

>We are sorry to inform you that you have failed both parts of the
>entrance test for AFU and your application has been rejected. Do
>not be discouraged, though; we are certain that after sufficient
>lurking as well as some study you will pass the test with flying
>colors next time.

To be fair, though, the reverse shibboleth *was* kind of a dirty trick.

--
Karen "for whatever fairness is worth" Cravens

Lon Stowell

Jan 4, 2001, 10:23:22 PM1/4/01
In article <3a54722d.185600098@firewall>,

Alastair Rae <NOSPA...@tertio.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 05:42:22 GMT, "Buttons" <deb...@unforgettable.com>
>wrote:
>> [...]
>>I'm sure it's bunk. Has anyone else heard this or know where I can find
>>info to show my brother how gullible he is?
>
>Look, religious people make up stuff all the time. There's no point
>trying to argue with this sort of bull.

I'm pretty sure the Pope had nothing to do with this.

jerryG

Jan 5, 2001, 6:45:37 AM1/5/01
In article <901FDA86...@209.134.108.33>,

silve...@phoenyx.net (Karen J. Cravens) wrote:
> hat...@bolt.sonic.net (David Hatunen) wrote in
> <HC656.279$Hj7....@typhoon.sonic.net>:
>
> >We are sorry to inform you that you have failed both parts of the
> >entrance test for AFU and your application has been rejected. Do
> >not be discouraged, though; we are certain that after sufficient
> >lurking as well as some study you will pass the test with flying
> >colors next time.
>
> To be fair, though, the reverse shibboleth *was* kind of a dirty
> trick.

Agreed, but my intent was not to be tricky, just silly. I was hoping
for a nibble from the ice waesel[1], and reeled in a rock fish by
mistake. But since it's less than 18", I'll throw it back.

Jerry "Oh darn" G

[1] A long-tailed carnivorous mammal of the genus Mustela, with a long,
slender body and brownish fur that in many species turns white in the
winter.

Dr H

Jan 5, 2001, 3:34:27 PM1/5/01

On 4 Jan 2001, Madeleine Page wrote:

}Seems to me that militant atheism, along with a blanket condemnation of
}the veracity of "religious people" is as much a violation of the BoR as
}posting Bible verses.

Only if you consider atheism a religion.

Maybe what this group really needs is a BoB (Ban on Baiting).

Wouldn't be nearly as much fun then, though. :-(

Dr H

Dr H

Jan 5, 2001, 3:45:26 PM1/5/01

}
}>>> Seems to me that militant atheism, along with a blanket condemnation
}>>> of the veracity of "religious people" is as much a violation of the
}>>> BoR as posting Bible verses.
}>>
}>>I think you mispleted "voracity," but since this was such a good BoPR
}>>check, I'll overlook it this time. And watch out for them radical
}>>egalitarians. They can be as voracious as atheists and Bible thumpers.
}>
}> And I think you're unfamiliar with the word "veracity." ;)
}
}Oh dear.
}
}And terminated by some line noise, too.
}

You know, it's ALL just line noise; meaning is in the eye of the
beholder. :-)

Dr H

Dr H

Jan 5, 2001, 3:35:44 PM1/5/01

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, jerryG wrote:

}I think you mispleted "voracity," but since this was such a good BoPR
}check, I'll overlook it this time. And watch out for them radical
}egalitarians. They can be as voracious as atheists and Bible thumpers.

Really, don't you just /hate/ that: people who insist that everyone
be treated equally or else they'll EAT you...

Dr H

Judy Johnson

Jan 6, 2001, 12:49:18 PM1/6/01
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 12:34:27 -0800, Dr H <hiaw...@efn.org> wrote:

>On 4 Jan 2001, Madeleine Page wrote:
>
>}Seems to me that militant atheism, along with a blanket condemnation of
>}the veracity of "religious people" is as much a violation of the BoR as
>}posting Bible verses.
>
> Only if you consider atheism a religion.

Wrong again, Oh Beagle Breath. If the BoR covers attacks on one
religion from the viewpoint of another, then it certainly covers the
attack on "religious people" from an areligious, or atheistic,
viewpoint.

> Maybe what this group really needs is a BoB (Ban on Baiting).
>
> Wouldn't be nearly as much fun then, though. :-(

Well, it would give you something more to whinge about.

Judy "I prefer crickets anyway" Johnson