Is The Painting I Bought Haunted?

Way Of The Ray

Feb 13, 2003, 7:13:50 PM2/13/03
http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/features/serena.cfm?instanceid=54399

Is The Painting I Bought Haunted?

Dear Sonya: My husband and I recently purchased a very unusual painting
at a flea market. It shows a solemn little girl standing next to a
life-size boy doll with no eyes and a cracked face in the doorway of an
old home.

Since hanging it in our home, however, we've noticed objects overturned
and missing. And heard things banging around late at night.

My 8-year-old nephew is scared because he said the girl "talked" to him
one afternoon and invited him to "play." I've enclosed a photo. --
Spooked Art Lover in Selma

Dear Spooked: The vibes I got from your photo freaked me out at first,
but then I figured out what was going on. Here's the 411. The girl in
the painting died of pneumonia back in the 1800s. Her spirit never
passed on to the afterworld. She's not an evil spirit, but it's time for
her to get moving. I've sent you a pouch of white sage to burn and a
blessing in order to help this spirit cross over.

Published on: January 15, 2003

thumper

Feb 13, 2003, 9:24:01 PM2/13/03
Wasn't this the painting that was offered over on Ebay a few years back? :-)

"Way Of The Ray" <way...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Amber LaStrega

Feb 14, 2003, 2:42:43 AM2/14/03
"thumper" <thu...@magpage.com> wrote in message

> Wasn't this the painting that was offered over on Ebay a few years back?
:-)

That's what I thought, too. I've seen the painting (from when it was on
eBay) ... yes, the boy was there, and a life-size doll next to him, and a
glass-front door behind him with the imprints of children's hands all over
the glass. I also seem to remember somewhere (here? some arcane internet
search?) having read a bit by the man who painted the alleged "haunted"
painting. Thumper, are you familiar with that angle of the story? Hmmm, I
should be going to bed soon (up too late already) but think I'll do a bit of
Google searching to see if I can find out more. Unfortunate the article WoR
afforded didn't include an image of the painting -- it is rather haunting,
if you'll pardon the pun.

Amber LaStrega

Feb 14, 2003, 2:57:16 AM2/14/03

"thumper" <thu...@magpage.com> wrote in message
> Wasn't this the painting that was offered over on Ebay a few years back?
:-)

I didn't have to search far:

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.com/haunted_painting.html

and further:

http://www.castleofspirits.com/hauntedpainting.html

this is only the tip of the iceburg, as they say... there's a plethora of
patoohey 'bout the thing.

thumper

Feb 14, 2003, 8:38:18 PM2/14/03

"Amber LaStrega" <amberl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "thumper" <thu...@magpage.com> wrote in message
> > Wasn't this the painting that was offered over on Ebay a few years back?
> :-)
>
> That's what I thought, too. I've seen the painting (from when it was on
> eBay) ... yes, the boy was there, and a life-size doll next to him, and a
> glass-front door behind him with the imprints of children's hands all over
> the glass. I also seem to remember somewhere (here? some arcane internet
> search?) having read a bit by the man who painted the alleged "haunted"
> painting. Thumper, are you familiar with that angle of the story? Hmmm,
> should be going to bed soon (up too late already) but think I'll do a bit
of
> Google searching to see if I can find out more. Unfortunate the article
WoR
> afforded didn't include an image of the painting -- it is rather haunting,
> if you'll pardon the pun.

Dammit Amber, get my hopes up! First I read my name, and then something
about going to bed in the next line. :-). Yeah, if I remeber the story
correctly, wasn't the guy who painted it in an insane asylum or something
(and no, I'm not talking about that piece of paper that the kid drew and put
up on Ebay with the story about that guy stabbing himself in the head)? I
remember the "doll" counted for something (maybe for a hidden history of
"incest"), but I could have sworn the other person in the picture was
supposedly a little girl. Wasn't the picture we're thinking of of a young
boy (cracked face) and his sister, with the sister holding a weird doll with
no eye(s) in the painting?

thumper

Feb 14, 2003, 8:39:49 PM2/14/03
Cool beans! Thanks Amber! Maybe I should read the thread finished first
before replying next time? :-)

"Amber LaStrega" <amberl...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Zaltor

Feb 14, 2003, 9:11:15 PM2/14/03

"thumper" <thu...@magpage.com> wrote in message

Where about do you exist? I'm in upstate NY. Things
are pretty boring up here, it wouldn't matter much to be
somewhere else for I have this amazing power to make
the liveliest places boring by my very presence! I'm like
a super villian. :/

Well, since it doesn't look as though a succubus is ever
gonna make her rounds here I could always take a trip out
to Vegas, Prostitution in legal in Nevada - I think it should
be everywhere cause there are alot of succubusless subjects
out there. It would only cost a few bucks and your soul
won't get sucked out immediatly.

Back to whatever I was doing...

thumper

Feb 14, 2003, 10:53:06 PM2/14/03

"Zaltor" <Z...@ab.com> wrote in message

Boonhick southern New Jersey myself :-(. There's nothing I could think of
that you could possibly do to make where I live any more boring. As a
matter of fact, I'm almost hoping that Muslem infidels come down here and
explode a chemical weapon or dirty nuke just for the excitement, except for
the fact that the nearby chemical plants and nuke station are already
poisoning us so much that we probably couldn't tell the difference. I don't
know about Vegas, some of those crack 'ho prostitutes I've seen down there
would give a succubus a good run for her money. Knowing my luck, I'd hook
up with one of those Jerry Springer toothless wonder whore prostitutes and
she'd want to swap spitwith me all the time during the session. We don't
have prostitution problems that I'm aware of where I live, of course we only
got one street lamp that turns off at ten, and it's kind of hard to sell
what's in the trunk holding a kerosene lantern. :-(

E.A.Fagan

Feb 16, 2003, 11:26:46 AM2/16/03
The damned thing is so ugly, no wonder the original owners hid it.
You know, in the close-ups of the boy's face, he kind of looks like a
young George W. Bush. [:^O

The Doc

Zaltor

Feb 17, 2003, 9:50:38 AM2/17/03

"thumper" <thu...@magpage.com> wrote in message

Naw in Nevada they have brothels, you can pick and choose your woman,
they do have the right to not service you. I think street prostitution is
still
illegal in Nevada. So why not? If one is not hideous or have a layer of
slime
on them I don't think they'll be rejected.

thumper

Feb 17, 2003, 6:58:38 PM2/17/03

"Zaltor" <Z...@ab.com> wrote in message

Rejected by an ugly prostitute (knowing my luck). Geeze, that's got to be a
good knock for the ol' self-esteem ...:-(

Zaltor

Feb 18, 2003, 9:28:12 AM2/18/03

> > Naw in Nevada they have brothels, you can pick and choose your woman,
> > they do have the right to not service you. I think street prostitution
is
> > still
> > illegal in Nevada. So why not? If one is not hideous or have a layer of
> > slime
> > on them I don't think they'll be rejected.
>
> Rejected by an ugly prostitute (knowing my luck). Geeze, that's got to be
> good knock for the ol' self-esteem ...:-(

When soliciting a prostitute, just remember to be yourself (and flash a
wad of cash). :)

When trying to get a girl to go out with you... Be someone else. :)

Gordon Lee

Feb 18, 2003, 2:27:42 PM2/18/03

"Zaltor" <Z...@ab.com> wrote in message
And flash a wad of cash.
.
(Couldn't resist.)
.
Respectfully

Gordon Lee
Great Fritain Royal Memorabilia & National Bank of Dad Emporium
Remove ones, fives, tens and twenties to e-mail.

Zaltor

Feb 18, 2003, 2:48:24 PM2/18/03

"Gordon Lee" <> wrote in message

> "Zaltor" <Z...@ab.com> wrote in message

> woman,
> > is
> of
> > >
> > > Rejected by an ugly prostitute (knowing my luck). Geeze, that's got
> be
> > > good knock for the ol' self-esteem ...:-(
> > >

> > When soliciting a prostitute, just remember to be yourself (and flash
> > wad of cash). :)
> >
> > When trying to get a girl to go out with you... Be someone else. :)
> >

> And flash a wad of cash.

Arrrrrr.... It be true...... :)

thumper

Feb 18, 2003, 7:41:02 PM2/18/03

"Zaltor" <Z...@ab.com> wrote in message

Maybe I'll just do a bunch of heroin then and get as ugly as Keith Richards.
Still won't have the cash though. :-(

Zaltor

Feb 19, 2003, 8:27:53 AM2/19/03

"thumper" <thu...@magpage.com> wrote in message

Well, if you don't do the heroin then you'll have some cash. :)

thumper

Feb 19, 2003, 7:13:36 PM2/19/03

"Zaltor" <Z...@ab.com> wrote in message

Naw, I'd probably just spend it on food (lot of good buffets there in L.V.)
or bailing myself out of jail when the ugly hooker has me charged with being
a stalker (just for spite) after turning me down. :-)

Ze alluring ailurophile

Feb 20, 2003, 12:52:57 AM2/20/03
>Subject: Re: Is The Painting I Bought Haunted?
>From: "thumper" thu...@magpage.com
>Date: 2/19/2003 7:13 PM Eastern Standard Time

I'm going to Vegas in October. Any good eatin' places you can recommend? I've
been there once before, and that being my first time, was spent in an alcoholic
haze and remember very little, alas! Those bloody mary's are soooooooo good.

What wouldst thou have with me? Good King of Cats, nothing, but one of your
nine lives. ~Shakespeare

Me

Feb 20, 2003, 10:04:31 AM2/20/03

"Ze alluring ailurophile" <zeka...@aol.commiescum> wrote > >

> I'm going to Vegas in October. Any good eatin' places you can recommend?
I've
> been there once before, and that being my first time, was spent in an
alcoholic
> haze and remember very little, alas! Those bloody mary's are soooooooo
good.

I've been to Vegas numerous times. What kind of food do you like?
upscale or just great. Off the beaten path or around the strip?
and where will you be staying? strip, downtown?

I love Vegas in October. A great month to visit.

Ze alluring ailurophile

Feb 21, 2003, 2:54:03 AM2/21/03
>Subject: Re: OT: zekatlady
>From: "Me" m...@nospamshaw.ca
>Date: 2/20/2003 10:04 AM Eastern Standard Time

Just your regular, decent restaurants are fine. I want to save my money fer
gamblin'! Anything reasonably close by to the strip. I did try Hard Rock Cafe
and Planet Hollywood last time.

I believe we are staying at Treasure Island this time. Last time we were next
door at the Mirage.

>I love Vegas in October. A great month to visit.

Yeah? That's good to hear! I haven't been there that time of year. I simply
can't wait!!! :-)

Thanks for responding, hon!

Me

Feb 21, 2003, 12:19:01 PM2/21/03

> >> I'm going to Vegas in October. Any good eatin' places you can
recommend?
> >I've
> >> been there once before, and that being my first time, was spent in an
> >alcoholic
> >> haze and remember very little, alas! Those bloody mary's are soooooooo
> >good.

Darn! I wish I was going with you.

In Treasure Island: Kahunaville and Buccaneer bay was great. Their Buffet
was only OK. Hubby and I dont like to do many buffets because of his
gorging and getting an upset stomach for the rest of the day. (can't take
him anywhere).

in the Venetian:
The Royal Star - chinese
Noodle Asia - pan fried noodles (yum)

Pink Taco for mexican at the Hard Rock (hubby loves Mex food)

Wild sage - 600 warm springs rd.
good american food, salads and sandwiches

burgers: In and out - 4888 industrial rd
Fatburger - 3763 S. Las Vegas Blvd
(there is a huge debate on which one is better)

Hilton hotel :
After going through the Star Trek Experience, Hubby and I like to go to
Quarks for a Warp Core breach. huge drink with dry ice and a good kick
in the pants amount of liquer

Ceasers:
Cheesecake Factory - nuff said?

Sushi:
for something relatively quick
Ichiban in Ballys - OK for a real quick food experience
Malibu chans - 8125 W. Sahara Ave 5pm - 2am
A great place for sushi!

steak: We really haven't found any better than Circus Circus steakhouse
for the price and quality.
This is surprising since we hate walking through Circus Circus and all
those kids. (we go to Vegas to get away from our rugrats)

I am going to live vicariously though you on your October trip :)
I hope some of these appeal to you.

Ze alluring ailurophile

Feb 21, 2003, 2:47:56 PM2/21/03
>Subject: Re: OT: zekatlady
>From: "Me" m...@nospamshaw.ca
>Date: 2/21/2003 12:19 PM Eastern Standard Time

Oh, thank you so much! I'm going to save this list for future referrence. I'm
taking my mother with me this time, and she's never been there before, so this
will help us greatly. Thanks again! :)