The Warrens

Jason Fox

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
Anyone ever heared of an Ed and Lorraine Warren and all there demonic
cases, are they for real?

Alchemist

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
Not me. Never heard of them.

Have you ever heard of them Haunter?

--

Alchemist
~o-o~

Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227, any and all
unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
US. E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

"Jason Fox" <loi...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

Lady katie

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
Hi Jason, In my opinion the Warrens are more in the business of
entertainment. :-)

--
Lady katie
I sent my Soul through the Invisible,

Haunter

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
Mornin' Alchemist:
Let me think now.....the Warrens....the WARrens......
Um...didn't they do some porno back in the 70s? Tracy Warren..yeah,
that was it...and MAN! Those breasteses WERE supernatural !!! heheh
Jason, in all seriousness, the Warrens are the biggest frauds in
paranormal circles since Rusty, the Psychic Horse. They've destroyed
lives through their proclaimations of demon-hauntings and it's
shocking to me that they're not in prison/mental hospitals. I can't go
into details but well known, scientifically based investigative groups
have had to come in and clean up the psychological/psychical mess
they've left behind more times than I can even guess at.
I assume you're going to go into your rant about the authenticity of
the Amityville thingy now, since you got blasted out of
alt.paranormal. Well, go ahead, we enjoy a good laugh as the next
group.
Haunter

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:00:19 GMT, "Alchemist" <pa...@jacksonville.net>

Haunter

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
Mornin' Katie. (SLURP!!)
I'd agree but with the added adjective, "dangerous" and "fraudulent"
just for the sake of accuracy. Don't you ever wonder why we never see
them in a public forum? It's because they know they'd be unveiled in
the light of truth and wisdom and they'd not be able to continue to
support themselves on the fears of ignorant folks in psychic crisis.
Man, I'd better stop.
Luv ya kiddo! :-)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:25:13 -0600, "Lady katie" <kayr...@pgtc.net>

JusticeCMO

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
I have, indeed, heard of them. From what I have seen and read they seem to be
more about the "drama" then the reality.

One famous instance is their involvement in the Amityville fraud. While I do
not necessarily believe they intentionally misled folks, now that almost every
participant had admitted the entire story was a hoax, the Warrens *still*
insist it is real. That, IMO, does a LOT of damage to their credibility.

::shrug:: I sure wasn't there so cannot speak from *personal*
experience.......but it seems that if they were genuine they would own up the
fraud, whether they knew about it from the start or were merely taken in by it
themselves.

While I had enjoyed some of their books, now that I am aware of the entire
Amityville fiasco, I tend to view them as entertainers and not authorities.

:) Karen

Lady katie

Alchemist

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
Oh crap. Here we go again. The Warrens are "Frauds" in the largest sense
of the word and their involvement with the Amityville Horror Hoax is the
proof. Makes for a good story of fiction, but that is the entire value of
every word ever written about haunting in that house. I am surprised that
the City of Amityville has not sued them and others for turning the town
into a joke.

Debbils my ass.

--

Alchemist
~o-o~
"Cheer up children! It's Salisbury Steak Day!" -- Chef

Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, '227, any and all
unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
US. E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

"Haunter" <Hau...@castles.com> wrote in message

Guntle

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
>biggest frauds in
>paranormal circles since Rusty, the Psychic Horse.

LOL Rusty was a fraud?!! I'm shattered to hear this! Bwhahahaha!
Guntle :o)
Porch Nosey Neighbor
Hello Alchemist :o)

Alchemist

Roge...@webtv.net

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
I read the Warren's book "The Demonologist" years ago. At the time I was
impressed with it. However,since watching how rude and obnoxious Ed is
on tv,I have serious doubts about any of their claims. They claim to be
able to prove the existence of the supernatural,but they never do. I
have no interest in the Warrens at all.
Roger

Haunter

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
I'm sorry to have to be the one who told ya, Guntle. Everyone *loved*
Rusty...he was a GOOD horse, if that makes you feel better. You see, it
was finally revealed that he and his owner, Luigi, conspired to
perpetrate the hoax by talking about the experiments before hand, so,
you can see, it was all a set-up :(
heheeh
Haunter...feeling rather silly this afternoon

Akasha

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
Not again? lol Check out the archives for lots of entertaining banter
about these two frauds of the paranormal. They've done more damage than
good to the paranormal world.

Akasha Porch Belly Dancer

Shriekback

Mar 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/23/00
I'd have to agree with Lady Katie. They hardly seem like hardcore demon
hunters to me, at least the times I've seen them.

shrIEK!
"Never lose sight of the special sauce."

Lady katie wrote:

> Hi Jason, In my opinion the Warrens are more in the business of
> entertainment. :-)

stone

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
> I am surprised that
>the City of Amityville has not sued them and others for turning the town
>into a joke.

:-) Let me tell you something, they are not complaining. No way, Jose. You
know how many tourists have come to Amityville looking for "the house"? Even
when they don't find it because the street name has been changed and forget
about asking anyone because they will give you wrong directions, the tourists
still have to eat and tend to explore around the town in order not to waste the
trip and the day. Which, imo, is risky, since Amityville is not exactly a safe
area. High crime, the human kind.

Interesting, when Blair Witch came out, the towns council leader of that town
in Maryland called up the town leader of Amityville asking how they dealt with
an explosion of tourism. There's not much you can do. Change signs, discourage
thrill seekers etc.

Around here, locally for Amityville, we don't even think of the Amityville
horror when the name comes up or the hoax or anything. Amityville, is just a
town, that boasts some fishing and is near the mall.

Now, a better town for frightening things is the town next door to Amityville.
Massapequa. It has the strangest house I have ever seen. A 3 story mansion,
right out of the Addams family. It is on a street that soley has small ranches
on it. This house has wrought iron fences, headless statues in the backyard,
1940's style black and white wedding photos hanging outside facing the street
on the windows, with black opaque curtains behind them, a hearse that hangs
out in the driveway (It's NOT a funeral home) and a bunch of odd and assorted
sterotypical horror movie looking things. But "normal" people live there.
Allegedlly.

Near there is Mount Misery Cemetary (Real name) which allegedly boasts the
ghost of Mary. She hangs around her tombstone at night, moaning in pain. I
attempted to see her, but it was a few years ago and I was with friends
drinking beer that night by the cemetary I didn't see anything because my
vision got a little blurred. ;-)

Guntle

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
Hello Stone :o)
Thanks for the interesting information.
Does this strange house with "normal" people have any stories attached to it?
Guntle
Porch Nosey Neighbor

polite snip of interesting information....

Guntle

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
Ah, I see. Poor Rusty. I guess he just couldn't keep perpetuating the hoax and
had to fess up then huh? :o)
Oh, the wicked things a horse will do for a steady supply of oats. What is this
world coming to anyways?
Guntle
Porch Nosey Neighbor
also feeling rather silly this evening

Haunter

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
On 24 Mar 2000 03:39:20 GMT, gun...@aol.com (Guntle) wrote:

>Hello Stone :o)
>Thanks for the interesting information.
>Does this strange house with "normal" people have any stories attached to it?
>Guntle
>Porch Nosey Neighbor

Yeah! Inquisitive (read-nosey) people like us want to know! Great post
dude. I'd sure love to see a picture of these weird places!
Haunter

Alchemist

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

"Haunter" <Hau...@castles.com> wrote in message
<snip>

> I assume you're going to go into your rant about the authenticity of
> the Amityville thingy now, since you got blasted out of
> alt.paranormal. Well, go ahead, we enjoy a good laugh as the next
> group.

Are you saying he is a Warren Troll? Damn! I didn't know the Warrenites
had their own trolls????

"Shazam!"

Haunter

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
More like "minnion" :)
Damn, I should have kept my mouth shut. It might have been fun for
awhile.
Oh well, live and learn.
On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 05:16:02 GMT, "Alchemist" <pa...@jacksonville.net>

Alchemist

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
Scary stuff! I clicked on the tab that reads "A Message From the Warrens"
and I was horrified to see a photo of two old demons about to chow down on
some designer dog in a bizarre ritual.

The Warrens are truly odd.

--

"J & J" <midn...@cableone.net> wrote in message

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:46:20 GMT, "Jason Fox" <loi...@nbnet.nb.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > Anyone ever heared of an Ed and Lorraine Warren and all there demonic
> >cases, are they for real?
> >

> Decide for yourself: http://www.warrens.net/
> Julia
> --"This wasn't in the brochure."--Billy Crystal

Haunter

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
Oh puh-LEASE! I'm trying to eat my breakfast here dude!
EWWWW!!!
heheeh

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:01:13 GMT, "Alchemist" <pa...@jacksonville.net>

Stephanie Rendino

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
They're controversial. I'm not one of their supporters, but some respectable
folks are, so I won't bash them here. Check a search engine; they have a web
site.

Stephanie Rendino

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

stone wrote:

There's an ECW wrestler who hails from Amityville. His finisher is "The Amityville
Horror" of course.

> Now, a better town for frightening things is the town next door to Amityville.
> Massapequa. It has the strangest house I have ever seen. A 3 story mansion,
> right out of the Addams family. It is on a street that soley has small ranches
> on it. This house has wrought iron fences, headless statues in the backyard,
> 1940's style black and white wedding photos hanging outside facing the street
> on the windows, with black opaque curtains behind them, a hearse that hangs
> out in the driveway (It's NOT a funeral home) and a bunch of odd and assorted
> sterotypical horror movie looking things. But "normal" people live there.
> Allegedlly.

WOW!!!!!! Can you post a photo of that? I have got to see that!

Alchemist

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

Franki Tollefson

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
Okay, I can no longer sit here and allow Rusty's name to be tarnished.
Rusty was a true Psychic. A brilliant, empathic animal who knew
immediately whether his owner was coming to his stall to feed him or
ride him. And I don't want to hear from any naysayers claiming that
he figured it out by whether his owner was carrying oats or a saddle.
It just ain't so. Rusty was psychic. He was. So there.

Franki, who hates to see poor defenseless animals maligned. ;-)

Guntle <gun...@aol.com> wrote:
: Ah, I see. Poor Rusty. I guess he just couldn't keep perpetuating the hoax and

:>
:>
:>
:>
:>
:>

--
Franki Tollefson -- ji...@halcyon.com

"No one could have said, 'Demon poo' before I touched it?"
- Cordelia on 'Angel'

Haunter

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00
When you'e right, you're right Franki. I never should have put our
beloved Rusty the Psychic horse in the same class as the
Warrens...it's an insult to the poor guy :-)
Ok, how about this:
The Warrens are the biggest frauds since Sammy, the Psychic Slug.
Yeah, that's better...until some of Sammy's supporters come along.

Haunter
No, that's ok Isis..I KNOW you're psychic...silly, psychic ghostkitty.

On 24 Mar 2000 17:46:02 GMT, Franki Tollefson <ji...@halcyon.com>

Shriekback

Mar 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/24/00

Franki Tollefson wrote:

> And I don't want to hear from any naysayers claiming that
> he figured it out by whether his owner was carrying oats or a saddle.

Don't you mean "neighsayers"? LOL I kill me.

stone

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
>There's an ECW wrestler who hails from Amityville. His finisher is "The
>Amityville
>Horror" of course.

Is there? LOL. Well, I guess it's better then "The West Nile Virus".

>WOW!!!!!! Can you post a photo of that? I have got to see that!

I never took any pictures myself. I have been looking around the net to see if
anyone ever had a photo of the house on their website and I can not find one. I
could swing by there and take a few photos. When I do, I'll post them
somewhere.

stone

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00

>Hello Stone :o)
>Thanks for the interesting information.
>Does this strange house with "normal" people have any stories attached to it?
>Guntle
>Porch Nosey Neighbor

I don't know of any ghost stories attached to it. This is what I know about it.

The neighbors around it, hate it. It is so strange looking that it brings the
real estate value down of the nearest homes. Mind you, the lawn is cut, things
are well maintained, it's just so creepy looking.

I can usually tell what a building's age is by the design, but with this, I can
not tell. It has too many distracting, ornamental features on it.

The house brings hoards of gawkers. So, the neighbors are ever present to
dissuade them. One unlucky kid got chased by a guy swinging a bat at him.

I may know something about one of the occupants of the house. I do not know if
he is a current occupant, or if he was even telling the truth.

About 4 years ago, the local Dowsers Society put on an open lecture, free to
the public, about the basics of Dowsing. Or so they said in their ad in the
paper.

The lecturer, strayed quickly from the subject of Dowsing, in the very
beginning of his lecture. He spent most of the time discussing how to make and
the benefits of a "Serpent Divining Rod". According to him, a Serpent Divining
Rod, was an instrument that you use to help change your life. It looked almost
like a dowsing rod, fashioned in the same way, but then the purpose changed.

Anyway, this guy mentioned that he lived with others in that house in
Massapequa. This was a local lecture that was held in the town of Massapequa.

If anyone from the Island reads this board, perhaps they know something more
about this house. :-) It's off the SS at exit 29 and right after you pass the
hospital, you make a right.

Alchemist

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
Horses mouth? Wrong orifice of the equestrian anatomy. No offense, but we
have had this discussion SO many times in the last year, that we don't give
them serious consideration. The only exception is discussing how much
damage they have done to their victims (customers) and the field of research
on the paranormal.

The Warrens now use legal contracts to keep their victims from being able to
write about, or discuss their experiences. Doing so ensures that hoax
stories will never leak out again and that the Warrens have exclusive rights
to all money made from book deals, etc. relating to the haunting. They do
this under the guise of protecting the victim, but the truth is they do it
to protect their own selfish interests.

The hoax story:
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/7036/Amityville.html

More about how the Warrens really are:
http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=471255651&fmt=text

On the second link, copy and past the whole line to your browser.

--

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:01:13 GMT, "Alchemist" <pa...@jacksonville.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Scary stuff! I clicked on the tab that reads "A Message From the
Warrens"
> >and I was horrified to see a photo of two old demons about to chow down
on
> >some designer dog in a bizarre ritual.
> >
> >The Warrens are truly odd.
>

> Just thought if we were going to discuss it we'd go to the horse's
> mouth.

Alchemist

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
From Deja Archives:

From: ray...@my-dejanews.com
Subject: Re: The Warrens
Date: 27 Apr 1999 00:00:00 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.ghost-stories

I've posted about the Warrens in another thread, Cleo, but at the risk of
repeating myself, I felt the urge to do it again here, with more details.
You
asked for Warren stories ... well, I've got one. Please don't take this as
personal attack, because it's not, really. Neither is it an opinion. This
really happened. I'm going to tell you what I *think* of the Warrens, but
first I'm going to tell you what I *know* of the Warrens.

I wrote IN A DARK PLACE: THE STORY OF A TRUE HAUNTING, in which a family had
lived in a house that used to be a mortuary (allegedly...I never saw the
inside of the house myself), which was, according to the Warrens, infested
with demons. But the family involved, which was going through some serious
problems like alcoholism and drug addiction, could *not* keep their story
straight, and I became very frustrated; it's hard writing a non-fiction book
when all the people involved are telling you different stories. So I went
Ed Warren and told him my problem. He told me not to worry, that the family
was "crazy". I was shocked. He said, "All the people who come to us are
crazy. You think *sane* people would come to us?" He knew I'd written a
lot
of horror novels prior to that, so he told me to just make the story up
using
whatever details I could incorporate into the book, and make it scary.
Because I couldn't afford the attorney fees it would take to get out of the
contract, I had to go through with the book, but I didn't like it. Since
then, other writers who have worked with the Warrens have told me the EXACT
SAME STORY, but they've done so quietly because they don't want to make any
waves with publishers.

I spent several days with the Warrens during that time. I spent time with
them in their home and ate with them and went on long drives with them. Of
the two, Lorraine is the sanest. She's an "enabler". Years ago, before
their career in the "supernatural" began, Ed suffered from mental illness.
It was bad enough to keep him from working, and the only way he could make
money was to hand paint haunted houses on dinnerplates and sell them door to
door. Once Ed decided that Lorraine was "psychic", selling the haunted
house
plates eventually led to "investigating" haunted houses. At first, they
found "ghosts". But after the tremendous success of THE EXORCIST -- both
the
novel and the movie -- ghosts suddenly became demons. If you go back and
trace their career, you can see the sudden change. Almost overnight, all
ghosts were really demons trying to possess residents, and sooner or later,
the demons anally raped someone. It never fails, every damned time, the
Warrens' demons bend somebody over a bed or a sink and beat down the back
door, if you know what I mean. From my time spent with the Warrens, I
learned from Ed that their job is not really to "investigate" so much as it
is to take the stories told by these families -- most of whom are dealing
with REAL problems like alcoholism, drug addiction, mental illness, and/or
domestic abuse, problems that are buried by their supernatural fantasies,
which are supported and made tangible by the very eager Warrens -- and
arrange them into a saleable package that will make a good book, and
hopefully a movie.

Not only are the Warrens frauds, not only do they give a bad name to people
who are SERIOUSLY investigating paranormal phenomena, I think they're EVIL
because of the way they exploit families already deep in despair and ready
shatter. I can ignore a simple con job ... but the Warrens are actually
damaging people who are already damaged, who are desperate and vulnerable,
using them for the sake of a book, maybe a lucrative movie sale, or another
story to add to their traveling dog and pony show. Before I worked on that
book, I'd followed the adventures of Ed and Lorraine Warren faithfully since
I was a little boy. I was excited to work with them. Boy, was that a big
disappointment. It's nice to believe there's a smiling, grandparently
couple
out there chasing demons ... but not when you know they're hurting people
for
the sake of publicity and the almighty dollar.

Ray Garton

Haunter

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
Thanks for that, Alchemist: I couldn't remember how to find that post
even though I spent an hour going through those damned archives..SO
many posts! I appreciate your posting that again.
Pat
On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 13:02:02 GMT, "Alchemist" <pa...@jacksonville.net>
wrote:

>From Deja Archives:

Guntle

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
Well as a nosey neighbor myself...I can only imagine how thrilled the neighbors
around this house really are. LOL
Thanks for the additional info Stone.
Guntle
Porch Nosey Neighor

Guntle

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
Hello Franki :o)
Hello Haunter :o)

You have to admit though Sammy's spelling abilities alone are phenominal and
his stamina is unmatched. You know how long it takes him to putter along the
sidewalk and write those answers? LOL Have to at least give him credit for
that!

Guntle :o)
Porch Nosey Neighbor

>When you'e right, you're right Franki. I never should have put our

>beloved Rusty the Psychic horse in the same class as the
>Warrens...it's an insult to the poor guy :-)
>Ok, how about this:
>The Warrens are the biggest frauds since Sammy, the Psychic Slug.
>Yeah, that's better...until some of Sammy's supporters come along.
>
>Haunter
>No, that's ok Isis..I KNOW you're psychic...silly, psychic ghostkitty.
>
>On 24 Mar 2000 17:46:02 GMT, Franki Tollefson <ji...@halcyon.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Okay, I can no longer sit here and allow Rusty's name to be tarnished.
>>Rusty was a true Psychic. A brilliant, empathic animal who knew
>>immediately whether his owner was coming to his stall to feed him or

>>ride him. And I don't want to hear from any naysayers claiming that

>>he figured it out by whether his owner was carrying oats or a saddle.

Haunter

Mar 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/25/00
Heheh, psychic slug-slime! EWWWWW

Franki Tollefson

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00
Haunter <Hau...@castles.com> wrote:
: Heheh, psychic slug-slime! EWWWWW

Which, of course, brings us full circle. Psychic slug-slime sounds
like a fairly accurate description of the Warrens. :)

Franki

bedpan3

Mar 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/26/00
Could Whoever posted this originally please repost it-- The first paranormal
book I read was by the Warrens when I was 7 or 8-- I always wondered about
their validity
thanks
Peg, Porch Disgruntled ER Nurse
Franki Tollefson <ji...@halcyon.com> wrote in message

Allright

Mar 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/28/00
stone wrote:

> .

> Near there is Mount Misery Cemetary (Real name) which allegedly boasts the
> ghost of Mary. She hangs around her tombstone at night, moaning in pain. I
> attempted to see her, but it was a few years ago and I was with friends
> drinking beer that night by the cemetary I didn't see anything because my
> vision got a little blurred. ;-)

Beer drinking and ghost busting? Sounds like a NY'er.
Allright

Allright

Mar 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/28/00
stone wrote:

Don't forget the beer. It might be cold out.

Allright

Mar 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/28/00
stone wrote:

> >Hello Stone :o)
> >Thanks for the interesting information.
> >Does this strange house with "normal" people have any stories attached to it?
> >Guntle
> >Porch Nosey Neighbor

Sounds like this lecturer might have been downing something a little stronger than
beer.
Are you sure that wasn't exit 28? With a left at the library?

james...@tx.rr.com

Aug 2, 2013, 1:48:55 PM8/2/13
On Thursday, March 23, 2000 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Jason Fox wrote:
> Anyone ever heared of an Ed and Lorraine Warren and all there demonic
> cases, are they for real?

I've read Ray Garton's account of his experience with them on other blogs, as well as some other pretty condemning posts. Their nephew is John Zaffis, who now has a show on the SyFy channel - "Haunted Collector". I don't know if you've seen this show or not (after all, I'm posting 13 years after your original post!) but it comes across about as genuine and authentic as snake oil. Anytime there is as much money on the table as there is when Hollywood is considering a movie, or big book publishing is involved, I think it's best to be pretty skeptical. I respect what Garton is saying when he talks about being locked into a contract. I think that we as a culture are still in the dark ages when it comes to accepting emotional illness, and we will look to any sort of explanation of events - even the zaniest supernatural ones - rather than face the shame and embarrassment of admitting emotional illness to ourselves and others. Garton's anger is directed, rightly, at the Warren's for preying on this, and although Ed is dead now, Lorraine is still at it, now being portrayed in another "based on a true story" haunting movie, "The Conjuring".

Bubba

Aug 2, 2013, 10:57:20 PM8/2/13
Google "straw man."

--