About black eyed people.

ShortMuffin

Jun 8, 2001, 10:34:43 AM6/8/01
I think some of you are overracting, I don't want to start a flame or whatever.
but COME ON! People can have black contacts. I have seen them before. I think
some of you are just being paraniod about seeing or meeting one. Give them a
break... I have friends that are black eyed, they are cool people. so give
them a break and get know them. That is all I can say. but NO nasty talkings
or such like that. Because I am not into having a flames.

so have a good day :)
A~

Areteon

Jun 9, 2001, 4:05:36 AM6/9/01
Actually I'm sure everyone in the group knows about the black contact lenses.
They are mentioned everytime the subject of black eyed kids gets brought up.
The origin of the lore does not simply rest on the blackness of eyes however
but on coinsiding phenomena. If you read the story that started it all you will
see what I mean.

Random Liegh *

Jun 9, 2001, 4:09:46 AM6/9/01
:) Good point, really; and yes, some-times it can be easy to wind yourself up
when you're reading ghost-stories. I've done it too many times. That doesn't
negate any of the experiences I've had, though.

I think *it depends*, though. If I see some-one w/ pasty makeup, a black and
red flowing cape and three different hair colors, I'm going to assume the
black eyes are part of the costume. If I see an apple-cheeked 10 year old
all american kid w/ black eyes who is virtually drooling to take a chomp
out of old random's jugular...I'm going to be a little creeped out! :):)

--
------------------
Yes, i have no .sig; but I do have coffee.

ShortMuffin

Jun 9, 2001, 11:16:51 AM6/9/01
I must admit, I do agree with you. I never met anyone like what I have read,
but the people I met, they are very nice, even a little girl. she was sweet. I
guess maybe someday I will meet someone that is scary :)
Amanda

Random Liegh *

Jun 9, 2001, 12:57:06 PM6/9/01
I hope not! =)
I may have been mistaken; but you were referring to the "black eyed kids" story
right? If you go back and re-read it, there are other things to that story as
well.
You were right to post, though. It can be too easy to say "It's a witch" or
whatever the modern equivalent may be ;).

LJL

Jun 9, 2001, 8:26:31 PM6/9/01
Amanda, a few months back, when this thread was going around, the group
discussed the fact that a lot of it was exaggerated and made up by
members of the group. The whole BEK thing was a put on, a hoax. It was
believed by a lot of people who then posted more stories about their
experiences with BEKs. It took on a life of it's own, so to speak.

Jo

Annuvin

Jun 11, 2001, 12:27:10 AM6/11/01
The Black Eyed Kids story was blown up into something of an urban legend,
but a reprint of the original story can be found at:

http://members.home.net/strange.and.mysterious/The_Black_Eyed_Kids.htm

There is a little more to the story than what is being discussed in this
group. The author's e-mail address is included in the text so you may
e-mail him any questions about its validity.

Annuvin

P.S. For those of you unable to reach the above address, I will post the
story to this NG as well.