Trish and Social Responsibility - like chalk and cheese

Friendless

May 14, 1990, 1:08:00 AM5/14/90
ri...@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Patricia O Tuama) writes:
[comment on someone's query why someone else is posting]
>Oh stop whining, child. What the fuck difference does it make why
>she's posting? She wants to post, that's all that matters.

Trish, you should study these two lines carefully, because they sum up
exactly what it is in your character that netters all over the civilised world
hate. The difference that it makes is that if she has no good reason for
posting, she should shut the fuck up. Just "she wants to post" is no good
reason.
However I can't imagine such a concept managing to permeate through
your thick skull. Why is it so? The best reason I can think of is that the
American Constitution guarantees freedom of speech, and you are an outspoken
advocate of that right - well I respect your belief. In any case, let me
explain why "she wants to post" is no good reason.
Say *I* wanted to post. Say I wanted to write something totally mindless,
and then pretend to be a famous net personality. And say, just because I
wanted to post, I posted 48 articles like this. And just say (we're only
pretending now, remember) the net personality I chose to be was Patricia
O Tuama. How would you feel about that? Pretty irate, I'd imagine :-).
But it's good to know that you wouldn't try to stop me doing it, because I
wanted to post, and that's all that matters.
Nope, wanting to post is not good enough. We have to take responsibility
for our actions, and flames are those that require the most responsibility,
since as meta-news they have little intrinsic worth, and they often cause
more problems than they solve. News costs real money, and more importantly
has to be stored on real disks which have real limited capacity, and the more
shit people post the fewer resources are left for the rest. When one is
posting an article one must question whether it is worth the exchange.
However, you, Ms O Tuama (is there an apostrophe in there?), posted to a
worldwide newsgroup, bitching that some bloke had told you you were posting
crap and that it wasn't needed. Well he was right and you'll have to live
with that. But you have NO right to blast this disagreement all over the
world, you are a ratbag, and you were only trying to cause trouble. You
wasted money, disk space, and time all over the world. I hope you had a good
time and achieved many orgasms from this. Fuck this - flame on.

Trish, you are a waste of net space. Your general net.behaviour is
indefensible, but you can be tolerated. However, telling other people that
it's OK to carry on with the same bullshit you do is NOT ON. It is NOT OK.
What you do is NOT OK.
You seem convinced that everything you have to say is worth being spouted
all over the world. It is not, and that goes for everyone. So I and many
others would appreciate it if you would tell others to shut the fuck up if
they have nothing to say, and furthermore, we would love it if you would take
that advice yourself. Happy masturbation, Trish darling.

Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.

Patricia O Tuama

May 14, 1990, 4:29:10 AM5/14/90
In article <36...@moondance.cs.uq.oz.au> far...@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>But it's good to know that you wouldn't try to stop me doing it, because I
>wanted to post, and that's all that matters.

That's right, hon, I wouldn't try to stop you from posting 48 for-
geries of me any more than I would have tried to stop Bill Wells
from doing exactly the same thing two months ago. But you already
know this, dear, you know that I found that whole episode to be
quite entertaining. Anyone who would post 48 forgeries of someone
else is one mighty fucked up puppy.

>Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself, dear. Granted you do have a
serious problem with control but that doesn't make you rude. And
besides, you're from a foreign country, you don't understand our
constitution or the value we place on free expression nor, more
importantly, do you understand how the net works. Your ignorance
prevents you from coming across as rude or offensive.

Btw, why are you afraid to use your real name? What are you trying
to hide, dear?

at that point trish, curious

Oleg Kiselev

May 14, 1990, 5:41:06 AM5/14/90
>The difference that it makes is that if she has no good reason for
>posting, she should shut the fuck up. Just "she wants to post" is no good
>reason.

By the same logic, why don't *you* shut the fuck up and stop farting into
the wires?

> Say *I* wanted to post. Say I wanted to write something totally mindless,
>and then pretend to be a famous net personality.

You are doing just that, farrell.

>News costs real money

And you are wasting it with your contrite and vacuous tripe.

>What you do is NOT OK.

Nobody other than you gives a fuck. So why not just shut the fuck up,
farrell?

>Happy masturbation, Trish darling.

How touching.

>Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.

Wrong, farrell. You haven't seen "rude" yet.
--
DISCLAIMER: I speak for myself only, unless otherwise indicated.
"No regrets, no apologies" -- R.Reagan

Asmodeus

May 14, 1990, 10:07:08 PM5/14/90
In article <1990May14....@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> ri...@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Patricia O Tuama) writes:

>Granted you do have a serious problem with control

I think, Trish, that the appropriate word here
is *incontinent*.

--
"Sex work is being a gay man doing gay work in a gay city and being unable to
get your gay work published in the gay media because the work is too expli-

Allen Gwinn

May 14, 1990, 8:32:55 PM5/14/90
In article <1990May14....@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> ri...@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Patricia O Tuama) writes:

>>Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.

>Btw, why are you afraid to use your real name? What are you trying
>to hide, dear?

His real name is "John Farrell". As for why he doesn't use it, I
don't know.
--
Allen Gwinn sulaco!allen DISCLAIMER: The opinions, if any, are my own.
"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience comes from stupidity."

Rev Phil Skink, DD (Ret.)

May 14, 1990, 11:45:58 PM5/14/90

Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the Reverend Phil Skink, DD
(Ret.) I am a reptile.

In article <1990May14....@hayes.fai.alaska.edu>
ri...@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Patricia O Tuama) writes:

>In article <36...@moondance.cs.uq.oz.au> far...@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>>Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.
>
>Oh, don't be so hard on yourself, dear. Granted you do have a
>serious problem with control but that doesn't make you rude. And
>besides, you're from a foreign country, you don't understand our
>constitution or the value we place on free expression nor, more
>importantly, do you understand how the net works. Your ignorance
>prevents you from coming across as rude or offensive.

No, no, no, no, no. Patty, you've got it wrong. Friendless *is* the
rudest person in the world. I know - he's been rude to me. In the
flesh.

>Btw, why are you afraid to use your real name? What are you trying
>to hide, dear?

His real name is Isadore Satan-goat III. Would *you* go around calling
yourself that?

> at that point trish, curious

at this point phil, senile

Rev Phil Skink, DD (Ret.)

May 15, 1990, 1:13:13 AM5/15/90
<
<>In article <36...@moondance.cs.uq.oz.au> far...@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
<
<>>Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.
<
<>Btw, why are you afraid to use your real name? What are you trying
<>to hide, dear?
<
<His real name is "John Farrell". As for why he doesn't use it, I
<don't know.

Slanderous lies! his name is *not* "John Farrell". His name is Isidore
Satan-Fulminate III. I have met his protoplasmic entity! I know this to
be true!

EVERYTHING ELSE IS A LIE!

Inspector Gadget

May 15, 1990, 6:49:07 AM5/15/90
In article <6...@sulaco.Sigma.COM> al...@sulaco.sigma.com (Allen Gwinn) writes:
=>In article <1990May14....@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> ri...@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Patricia O Tuama) writes:
=>
=>>In article <36...@moondance.cs.uq.oz.au> far...@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
=>
=>>>Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.
=>
=>>Btw, why are you afraid to use your real name? What are you trying
=>>to hide, dear?
=>
=>His real name is "John Farrell". As for why he doesn't use it, I
=>don't know.

A load of bullshit if *ever* I've seen any.
Friendless has *no* name fit to post. So wipe the stupid Gwinn off your
face and go back to stealing lollipops from little girls.

[And don't you go near my Penny!]

IG

--
Wrack off! What makes you think I'd write something
witty to amuse the likes of you?

Inspector Gadget

May 15, 1990, 6:55:36 AM5/15/90
In article <1990May14....@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> ri...@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Patricia O Tuama) defecates as usual:

[...]

=>Btw, why are you afraid to use your real name? What are you trying
=>to hide, dear?
=>

=> at that point trish, curious

It's in the air. A little extra 'something' that makes us all
just *so* much better than you'll ever be, Trish.

IG - at all points simply incredible.

--
National Sex Week: Jan 1 to Dec 25.

Friendless

May 14, 1990, 10:24:50 PM5/14/90

[Yesterday, Friendless wrote:]

>>Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.

>Oh, don't be so hard on yourself, dear. Granted you do have a
>serious problem with control but that doesn't make you rude. And
>besides, you're from a foreign country, you don't understand our
>constitution or the value we place on free expression nor, more
>importantly, do you understand how the net works. Your ignorance
>prevents you from coming across as rude or offensive.

I call it restraint - after all, alt.flame only reached my site yesterday,
so I didn't want to bring out the heavy artillery - start with a bit of a
water cannon to try to piss you off. :-) As for rude and offensive - well as a
hillbilly dictator I knew once was fond of saying - "don't you worry about
that".

>Btw, why are you afraid to use your real name? What are you trying
>to hide, dear?

Glad you asked that Trish, I like to talk about myself. Originally I was
Friendless Farrell, but that looked really shitty on nn, so I shortened it.
Farrell is my surname, and my first name is readily available when I post
more serious articles, or from informative readers of aus.flame. Until then,
however, I shall remain

Friendless

P.S. What the *hell* is alt.evil?

Inspector Gadget

May 15, 1990, 6:45:00 AM5/15/90
As I slop myself down into this oasis of crap like an aborted
foetus into a bucket, what do I find but Oleg "the Cave Man" Kislev
blathering on like a complete and utter dork in
article <89...@oolong.la.locus.com>:

>In article <36...@moondance.cs.uq.oz.au> far...@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>>The difference that it makes is that if she has no good reason for
>>posting, she should shut the fuck up. Just "she wants to post" is no good
>>reason.
>
>By the same logic, why don't *you* shut the fuck up and stop farting into
>the wires?

Using very little logic (so as to remain consistent with your own
tone of posting) I would assert that the Farts Of Friendless contain
significantly more information value than the Turds Of Trish, or
the Krap Of Kislev.

Turkey.

[..]

>Nobody other than you gives a fuck. So why not just shut the fuck up,
>farrell?

Yeah, you tell him Oleg. Needs a good work-out every-so-often does
farrell. You've got such a no-nonsense go-for-balls style
that we couldn't help but be in awe of you. Truly.

>>Happy masturbation, Trish darling.
>
>How touching.

Boom boom.

>>Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.
>
>Wrong, farrell. You haven't seen "rude" yet.

Oh, please, my *good* man! Don't *be* so hasty......

IG - who doesn't quite know what's come over him.

--
I can, therefore I do.

Oleg Kiselev

May 15, 1990, 7:41:50 PM5/15/90
In article <41...@munnari.oz.au> I...@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Inspector Gadget) writes:
>As I slop myself down into this oasis of crap like an aborted
>foetus into a bucket...

Definitely a familiar enough maneouvre for you, cretin.

Son, allow me to let you in on a secret: just because you live on the
wrong side of the globe, you don't have to walk up-side-down. If you resume
the usual position of legs-on-the-floor-head-toward-the-ceiling, you will
avoid the percolation of shit from your bowels into what little brain you
have. Perhaps that will help you to gain a more plausible outlook on life.

Now, go intercourse a rabbit.

Friendless

May 16, 1990, 1:20:34 AM5/16/90
[ Trish should shut up ]

>By the same logic, why don't *you* shut the fuck up and stop farting into
>the wires?

Because I'm on a mission from God, of course. Did anyone ever ask James Bond
why he doesn't stop running around shooting people? Do you ever ask President
Bush why the USA doesn't stop invading Middle and South American countries?

>> Say *I* wanted to post. Say I wanted to write something totally mindless,
>>and then pretend to be a famous net personality.
>You are doing just that, farrell.

Friendless to you. Speaking of names, what sort of moniker is Oleg? Your
parents were cave-people, perhaps? You have brothers and sisters named Og,
Ugbo and Kom? Are you a real person anyway?

>>News costs real money
>And you are wasting it with your contrite and vacuous tripe.

Well I guess that makes me as bad as the rest of you. Damn, I knew there was
a flaw in this plan...

>>Happy masturbation, Trish darling.
>How touching.

Bad joke, Ollie.

>>Friendless, net.cop and the rudest person in the whole world.
>Wrong, farrell. You haven't seen "rude" yet.

Pah! I haven't seen it in *this* group anyway? I mean, this is alt.flame!
I've been in training for months for this group! I started a flame war with an
entire state just to practise! And what do I get, I get an obscure argument
involving ex-wives and other boring crap, I get an article about collards, and
I get Trish, at this point amused. I mean, where's the meat?

I think the alt.flamers are just a bunching of coarse jerks making dopey
comments. When I see a real flame we can do some real rudeness, you get my
drift. Until then, I'll just have to keep saying annoying things.

Friendless, at this point, bored.

Friendless

May 16, 1990, 1:26:01 AM5/16/90
al...@sulaco.Sigma.COM (Allen Gwinn) writes:
>His real name is "John Farrell". As for why he doesn't use it, I
>don't know.

Hey, well detected bucko! You're not even the guy who I mailed it to!
The reasons I don't use it of course are that people are forever asking and
I'm forever not telling, and also I thought maybe that Friendless was a bit
more descriptive than John. Now less of the Poirot and more of the Gaddafi.

Friendless, who wonders if even that Asmodeus character is any good.

Inspector Gadget

May 16, 1990, 7:16:33 AM5/16/90
In article <90...@oolong.la.locus.com> ol...@electra.UUCP
(Oleg "The Kave Man" Kiselev) writes:
>In article <41...@munnari.oz.au> I...@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Inspector Gadget) writes:
>>As I slop myself down into this oasis of crap like an aborted
>>foetus into a bucket...
>
>Definitely a familiar enough maneouvre for you, cretin.

Hmmm. You have potential. But ponder on the fact that familiarity
*does* breed contempt, and I've seen more oases of crap than you could
poke a stick at. My contempt for you is rapidly rising, sad as that
may be.

Why? Well the way I see it your life revolves around some pre-pubescent
bitch fight with some dreary unknowns called George, Diane, and
What's-her-name. And you just *can't* seem to take the advise of others
on the net to simply shut up. Stubborness is no virtue, Oleg old chum.

>Son, allow me to let you in on a secret: just because you live on the
>wrong side of the globe, you don't have to walk up-side-down. If you resume
>the usual position of legs-on-the-floor-head-toward-the-ceiling, you will
>avoid the percolation of shit from your bowels into what little brain you
>have. Perhaps that will help you to gain a more plausible outlook on life.

Sure, Oleg, sure. Brilliant display of invective and wit there.
I gotta hand it to you, though. You saw right through me, I *do*
have a problem with shit percolating around my brain. However recent
indications are that it has more to do with your articles than anything
geographical.

>Now, go intercourse a rabbit.

Ah, Oleg. The word is "fuck". If you can't say it I recommend you
speak to Friendless about your problem.

IG
--
The funny thing about the Yanks in alt.flame is that, like
fish in a fish bowel, they couldn't grasp the fact that one

Mark Miller - Sun BOS

May 16, 1990, 1:20:40 PM5/16/90
Gadget) writes:

|>The funny thing about the Yanks in alt.flame is that, like
|>fish in a fish bowel, they couldn't grasp the fact that one

^^^^^

|>day WE would have to come along and clean the water, as it were..

How do you fit a fish in a fish's bowel? This some new dish from the outback,
Bruce? Surely you mean a "fish bowl" ... then again, considering the excretory
bent of all this, maybe you didn't.

-MSM

Mark S. Miller UUCP: msmi...@Sun.COM "In a nation ruled by swine,
################## GEnie: MSMILLER all pigs are upward mobile."
###################################################### - Hunter S. Thompson

Oleg Kiselev

May 16, 1990, 8:08:03 PM5/16/90
In article <41...@munnari.oz.au> I...@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Injested Garbage)
blubbers:

>(Oleg "The Kave Man" Kiselev) writes:

"The Kave Man"? I knew I should have shaved in the morning.

>Well the way I see it your life revolves around some pre-pubescent
>bitch fight with some dreary unknowns called George, Diane, and
>What's-her-name.

It doesn't. My life revolves around "What's-her-name," true, but she has
been paying for groceries for the last 2 months, so it is only to be
expected.

The others concern me a lot less.

>You saw right through me, I *do*
>have a problem with shit percolating around my brain.

It was nothing, son. You post shit, so it was easy to guess the cause.

>indications are that it has more to do with your articles than anything
>geographical.

Then do yourself a favour -- learn to use KILL files.

>>Now, go intercourse a rabbit.
>Ah, Oleg. The word is "fuck".

No, son, *you* are a "fuck." A dumb one at that.

But you got one thing right, son. This is a "bowel" -- has been ever
since CMU, Portal, PSU and now the entire continent of Australia have
joined in.

Inspector Gadget

May 17, 1990, 1:26:55 AM5/17/90
In article <91...@oolong.la.locus.com> ol...@electra.UUCP (Oleg Kiselev) writes:

[waffle about how he uses his woman to pay his grocery bill...]

> [....] learn to use KILL files.

Indeed Oleg, I have done so. But I tend to figure that once in
awhile I get to see evolution in progress as net.chemical.soup
like yourself come up with something vaguely intelligent.
A rare occurrence? Yes, it is. But hey, I'm pretty easy going
sort of guy and I figure you need all the chances you can
get.

IG - whose pet kangaroo thinks Oleg would make a great
sparring partner.

--
There comes a time when you must call a spade a spade,
and I've seen a few spades in my time.

Dave Mustaine and the World's Foremost State of the Art Speed Metal Band

May 16, 1990, 11:43:22 PM5/16/90
In article <90...@oolong.la.locus.com> ol...@electra.UUCP (Oleg Kiselev) writes:
>Now, go intercourse a rabbit.
I am stunned, speechless. What wit, what originality!

Walter A. Koziarz

May 17, 1990, 6:29:00 PM5/17/90
In article <36...@moondance.cs.uq.oz.au> far...@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:

> Friendless to you. Speaking of names, what sort of moniker is Oleg? Your
>parents were cave-people, perhaps? You have brothers and sisters named Og,
>Ugbo and Kom? Are you a real person anyway?

Farrell, generally 'name-flames' are LAME-FLAMES; but THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!!!

Don't do it again, please! (I can't stand to laugh that much again!!)

Walt K.

Brent Curtis

May 18, 1990, 2:01:30 AM5/18/90
In article <90...@oolong.la.locus.com> ol...@electra.UUCP (Oleg Kiselev) writes:
>In article <41...@munnari.oz.au> I...@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Inspector Gadget) writes:
>>As I slop myself down into this oasis of crap like an aborted
>>foetus into a bucket...
>
>Definitely a familiar enough maneouvre for you, cretin.

You're learning, Oleg. Next they might teach you to shake your dick
before you put it back in your trousers.

>[upside-down humour deleted]

>Now, go intercourse a rabbit.

'Oh darling, intercourse me, intercourse me.' Doesn't sound right, does it?

'Let me fellate you, you above-average penised human male.' No, I really
can't see the passion.

Brent.

"They cut down the trees, | Brent Curtis
Put 'em in a tree museum. | Computer Science
And charge all the people | University of NSW
A dollar and a half just to see 'em." | New South Wales

Allen Gwinn

May 18, 1990, 9:13:06 AM5/18/90
In article <8...@wyvern.cs.uow.edu.au> p...@wyvern.cc.uow.edu.au (Rev Phil Skink, DD (Ret.)) writes:

]<His real name is "John Farrell". As for why he doesn't use it, I
]<don't know.

]Slanderous lies! his name is *not* "John Farrell". His name is Isidore
]Satan-Fulminate III. I have met his protoplasmic entity! I know this to
]be true!

Alright... you assholes down under have gone FAR ENOUGH. You people
are making a mockery out of this fine newsgroup. We've had ENOUGH and
it is time to do something about it. We are sending you Kaldis after
he gets back from California...

...and he's bringing his lead pipe *and* his sister.

Stephen King

May 18, 1990, 11:29:26 AM5/18/90
In article <36...@moondance.cs.uq.oz.au> fuc...@batshit.cs.uq.oz.au writes:

> I think the alt.flamers are just a bunching of coarse jerks making dopey
>comments.

You feel this way just to make it easier for you to fit in, don't you?

>When I see a real flame we can do some real rudeness, you get my
>drift.

You might not be able to tell a real flame from a candle what with all that
Foster's you Aussies drink. Speaking of which, did everyone know that the
Aussies want an Olympic event for projectile vomiting? It would be an event
that they couldn't help but win. They have as many words for barf as the
Inuit (Eskimos) have for snow. The Australian national passtime is drinking
as much Foster's as possible and then spewing it up again (recently all over
the net). This is followed by another round of drinking, another liquid laugh,
more drinking, yet another rainbow smile, more drinking, and so on. Why, an
Aussie hasn't had a good evening until he's puked at least twice.

>Until then, I'll just have to keep saying annoying things.

Annoying in the same way that a flea is annoying; really just a minor
irritation like a pimples. You do, however, serve a worthwhile purpose,
as a bad example.

>Friendless, at this point, bored.

^^^^^ boring

Fortunately, I know some intelligent Australians, so I can tell the net
that they are not all as brain-dead as fuckwit here.

G'day, sport.

Allen Gwinn

May 18, 1990, 10:42:35 PM5/18/90

]>His real name is "John Farrell". As for why he doesn't use it, I
]>don't know.

] Hey, well detected bucko! You're not even the guy who I mailed it to!

Uh John... this is a newsgroup. We don't mail here, we post.

John Woods

May 19, 1990, 9:21:00 PM5/19/90
In article <36...@moondance.cs.uq.oz.au>, far...@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Brainless) writes:
> Say *I* wanted to post. Say I wanted to write something totally mindless,

You already have.
--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (508) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, jo...@frog.UUCP, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, j...@eddie.mit.edu

Inspector Gadget

May 20, 1990, 4:47:19 AM5/20/90
In article <6...@sulaco.Sigma.COM> al...@sulaco.sigma.com (Allen Gwinn) writes:

>]>His real name is "John Farrell". As for why he doesn't use it, I
>]>don't know.

>] Hey, well detected bucko! You're not even the guy who I mailed it to!

>Uh John... this is a newsgroup. We don't mail here, we post.

Uhhh, Allen... check all articles up to (but not necessarily including)
the one you quoted by Friendless. Do you find Friendless at *anytime*
announce *his own* name to the net?

Ergo Friendless did *not* post his name, he *mailed* it to someone.
Someone else. Not you. Not in a newsgroup.

Idiot. [(c) Spasmodeus, used without permission]

IG

--
Sir, there is a bus leaving in just 5 minutes.
Be under it.

Mike McGaughey

May 19, 1990, 7:20:03 PM5/19/90
al...@sulaco.Sigma.COM (Allen Gwinn) [18 May 90 13:13:06 GMT]:

> Alright... you assholes down under have gone FAR ENOUGH. You people
> are making a mockery out of this fine newsgroup. We've had ENOUGH and
> it is time to do something about it. We are sending you Kaldis after
> he gets back from California...
>
> ...and he's bringing his lead pipe *and* his sister.

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Australia is NOT a dumping ground for toxic waste!

Just bury him somewhere, PLEASE!!!

Mike, in mortal terror.
--
Mike McGaughey ACSNET: mm...@bruce.cs.monash.oz

"Santa Claus, you cunt! Where's me fucking bike?
I've opened all this other shit, there's nothing here I like!"
- Kevin "Bloody" Wilson.

John Woods

May 21, 1990, 4:28:00 AM5/21/90
In article <41...@munnari.oz.au>, I...@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Inspector Gadget) writes:
> In article <90...@oolong.la.locus.com> ol...@electra.UUCP
> (Oleg "The Kave Man" Kiselev) writes:
> >In article <41...@munnari.oz.au> I...@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Inspector Gadget) writes:
> >>As I slop myself down into this oasis of crap like an aborted
> >>foetus into a bucket...
> >Definitely a familiar enough maneouvre for you, cretin.
> and I've seen more oases of crap than you could poke a stick
^
Learn to type. The "b" key is on the bottom row of your keyboard.

> at. My contempt for you is rapidly rising, sad as that may be.

Your contempt is the saddest thing we've seen in months, alright. Excepting,
of course, your articles.

John Woods

May 21, 1990, 4:47:00 AM5/21/90
In article <41...@munnari.oz.au>, I...@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Inspector Gadget) writes:
> In article <1990May14....@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> ri...@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Patricia O Tuama) defecates as usual:
> =>Btw, why are you afraid to use your real name? What are you trying
> =>to hide, dear?
> It's in the air. A little extra 'something' that makes us all

I see. I guess that ozone hole over Antarctica is bigger than we think.

Allen Gwinn

May 21, 1990, 8:46:49 AM5/21/90
In article <41...@munnari.oz.au> I...@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (Grenville Armitage
alias Inspector Gadget) writes:

]>Uh John... this is a newsgroup. We don't mail here, we post.

]Uhhh, Allen... check all articles up to (but not necessarily including)

]the one you quoted by Friendless. Do you find Friendless at *anytime*
]announce *his own* name to the net?

Uhhhhhhh, Grenville (what kind of a fucking name is that)... check
your brain. This is alt.flame. There need not be a reason for
fucking with somebody, here.

]Ergo Friendless did *not* post his name, he *mailed* it to someone.

]Someone else. Not you. Not in a newsgroup.

If I gave one or two airborne fucks what John did with his name, I'd
have told him... and you. This is alt.flame. I'd rather fuck with him.
Now if John wants to go over to alt.fucking.babys.ass, I'll be happy
to send Mr. Bond over to spank him.

]Idiot. [(c) Spasmodeus, used without permission]

You have not the brain cells to qualify you as an idiot.

...I mean, some people.

Anybody up for a satellite shooting contest?

John Woods

May 22, 1990, 5:40:00 PM5/22/90
In article <3...@nic.stolaf.edu>, hol...@agnes.acc.stolaf.edu
(the world's most tedious poster) writes:

You are stunted, brainless. No wit, no originality.

Let me guess, the Australians are paying you to post so they won't take
bottom rung, right?

Davyd Norris

May 23, 1990, 1:37:30 AM5/23/90
In article <31...@dciem.dciem.dnd.ca>, ki...@dciem.dciem.dnd.ca (Stephen King)
wanks:

> You might not be able to tell a real flame from a candle what with all that
> Foster's you Aussies drink. Speaking of which, did everyone know that the
^^^^^^^
??????? FOSTERS???? Is that the stuff we send to the septics, guys?
Real Aussies drink VB ( or the generic equivalent in your particular state),
not that camel piss we send to you.

> more drinking, yet another rainbow smile, more drinking, and so on. Why, an
> Aussie hasn't had a good evening until he's puked at least twice.

^^^^^^^
morning, actually.

> G'day, sport.

WHAT?????? Where did you get this one from? G'day sport???????

Did you say you knew some Aussies? I'm afraid you have been sucked into the
Aussie myth. You see, when us Aussies go to USA, we get handed a card by the
Customs men that lists all the crap previous generations of Yanks have been fed
by us, so that we can perpetuate the myth. And you must have been contaminated
by it. Sorry...

You see, in Aus. we believe that Americans were put on this Earth for us
to take the piss out of, but then when you started doing it to yourselves, you
spoilt our fun. So we spread little myths - it's a private joke ( You guys are
too close to see the punchline...)

Daf.

BTW - Chuck another prawn on the barbie.
Davyd Norris : "Strange people physicists... In my opinion
Physics Dept. : those that aren't already dead are in some
Monash University, : way very, very sick." - Douglas Adams,
Vic, Australia. : "The Long Dark Tea-time Of The Soul"

Stephen King

May 24, 1990, 8:33:35 AM5/24/90
In article <25759.2...@vaxc.cc.monash.psu.au> da...@physics.monash.psu.au (Davyd Norris) writes:
>Did you say you knew some Aussies? I'm afraid you have been sucked into the
>Aussie myth. You see, when us Aussies go to USA, we get handed a card by the

Hah! Daffy has mistaken me for a Yank. Sorry, sport, but I'm Canadian and
we've been deluged by that fizzy pisswater called Foster's for just about
long enough. Bad enough that the Yanks give us acid rain, but you aussies
make us pay for that recycled roo urine.

I used to live a few doors from the Tranzac Club here in Toronto, a hangout
for Aussies and New Zealanders (and other sheep lovers). I've seen enough
inebriated Aussies to know when I'm talking to one. Don't you guys ever
sober up? I'd tell you to get a life, but I know that if you had one you'ld
just drink it away anyway ...

Rev Phil Skinque, DD (Ret.)

May 25, 1990, 3:00:45 AM5/25/90
In article <31...@dciem.dciem.dnd.ca> ki...@dretor.dciem.dnd.ca (Stephen King)
writes:
>We've been deluged by that fizzy pisswater called Foster's for just about

>long enough. Bad enough that the Yanks give us acid rain, but you aussies
>make us pay for that recycled roo urine.

Uh - sorry to disappoint all those "furriners" who've been busy
knocking Fosters lager (which, I don't mind saying, I find a loathsome
and purulent brew)... it's actually made to an American recipe.

The gent after whom it's named arrived in Melbourne from the US some
time back (late last century, I forget when, exactly). All he had was
his family beer recipe. So he set up a brewery.

The rest is history. (Rather embarassing history, at that.)

In any case, a lot of the Fosters sold overseas is made in the country
of sale (e.g. in the UK it's made by Watney's), and is not necessarily
the exact same watery piss sold around here.

-- Phil.

Just Another Deckchair on the Titanic

May 25, 1990, 12:26:53 PM5/25/90
In article <8...@wyvern.cs.uow.edu.au> p...@wyvern.cc.uow.edu.au (Rev Phil Skinque, DD (Ret.)) writes:

>Uh - sorry to disappoint all those "furriners" who've been busy
>knocking Fosters lager (which, I don't mind saying, I find a loathsome
>and purulent brew)... it's actually made to an American recipe.

Like much else to do with Oz Kulcha, eh?

>In any case, a lot of the Fosters sold overseas is made in the country
>of sale (e.g. in the UK it's made by Watney's), and is not necessarily
>the exact same watery piss sold around here.

Indeed. From memory, it tastes marginally better in London, but that's
not saying a great deal. What amazed me when I was in London were all
the Four-X (XXXX) ads there - "Australia's Largest Selling Lager!!"
etc etc. This was when it was still a relatively-obscure Queensland
beer. Humph. And Londoners seemed to believe it - *and* drink it.

Oh, and you can get Fosters here. Why bother, when you can have much
the same experience with Bud?

Hamish
Hamish Reid Sybase Inc, 6475 Christie Ave, Emeryville CA 94608 USA
+1 415 596-3917 ham...@sybase.com ...!{mtxinu,sun}!sybase!hamish

Davyd Norris

May 29, 1990, 12:50:07 AM5/29/90
writes:

> In article <25759.2...@vaxc.cc.monash.psu.au> I said:
>>Did you say you knew some Aussies? I'm afraid you have been sucked into the
>>Aussie myth. You see, when us Aussies go to USA, we get handed a card by the
>
> Hah! Daffy has mistaken me for a Yank. Sorry, sport, but I'm Canadian and
> we've been deluged by that fizzy pisswater called Foster's for just about
> long enough. Bad enough that the Yanks give us acid rain, but you aussies
> make us pay for that recycled roo urine.

Oops, sorry about that! I know you people have as much of a problem being
lumped with the Yanks as the Kiwis do with us. I sincerely apologise, but that
doesn't let you off the hook...

If you see Phil's informative article on fizzy pisswater, it will actually set
you straight on the origins of Foster's, and the reason we gave it back to you.
In fact, if you ever come to Aus., I'll be happy to shout you a pot of the
local stuff, and watch you die on your arse ( it's a wee bit stronger than the
North American stuff).

And PLEASE!, _don't_ call us 'sport'! We are still trying to shake off Hoges
and Bazza McKenzie and their shit-for-brains drivel, which was unfortunately
picked up by foreigners as the Aussie dialect.

> I used to live a few doors from the Tranzac Club here in Toronto, a hangout
> for Aussies and New Zealanders (and other sheep lovers). I've seen enough
> inebriated Aussies to know when I'm talking to one. Don't you guys ever

^^^^^^^
Ah, but did they know they were talking to you?

> sober up? I'd tell you to get a life, but I know that if you had one you'ld
> just drink it away anyway ...

Look, hoser! Just because some Aussies sink the piss like it's health food,
doesn't mean we are all like that. The same goes for the Yanks - just because
some of them are dickheads doesn't mean that they all are, it's just that the
dickheads won't let the nice ones post to alt.flame.

And just because all the Canadians I have met have been great people, it
doesn't mean there isn't an arsehole out there somewhere :-)

Daf.

Henry Mensch

May 28, 1990, 4:51:51 PM5/28/90
ri...@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Patricia O Tuama) wrote:
->far...@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Friendless Farrell) writes:
->Btw, why are you afraid to use your real name? What are you trying
->to hide, dear?

but trish, that *is* its real name. honest!

friendless has nothing to hide (intellectual bankruptcy made it that
way).

(it's nice to see some aussies here ... aus.flame makes this place
look like a kindergarten. make 'em weep, friendless!)

# Henry Mensch / <he...@garp.mit.edu> / E40-379 MIT, Cambridge, MA
# <hme...@uk.ac.nsfnet-relay> / <he...@tts.lth.se> / <men...@munnari.oz.au>

Trashy

Jun 2, 1990, 10:38:15 PM6/2/90

]writes:
]> In article <25759.2...@vaxc.cc.monash.psu.au> I said:
]>>Did you say you knew some Aussies? I'm afraid you have been sucked into the
]>>Aussie myth. You see, when us Aussies go to USA, we get handed a card by the
]>
]
]Oops, sorry about that! I know you people have as much of a problem being
]lumped with the Yanks as the Kiwis do with us.

Look again, simulacrum of a Penn State undergraduate--
the Aussies don't won't to be lumped with you and your
pals, either.

]If you see Phil's informative article on fizzy pisswater, it will actually set

]you straight on the origins of Foster's, and the reason we gave it back to you.

As far as I could tell from the information you guys have provided
us, Foster's is something Queenslanders (or some other kind of Aussie)
call beer. Anchor Porter it ain't, I'm sure, though I haven't had
the misfortune of putting it on my tongue.

]In fact, if you ever come to Aus., I'll be happy to shout you a pot of the

]local stuff, and watch you die on your arse ( it's a wee bit stronger than the
]North American stuff).

That explains your personality. I don't pride myself on the power
of my narcotics.

]And PLEASE!, _don't_ call us 'sport'! We are still trying to shake off Hoges

]and Bazza McKenzie and their shit-for-brains drivel, which was unfortunately
]picked up by foreigners as the Aussie dialect.

Whatever you say, sprite.

]Look, hoser! Just because some Aussies sink the piss like it's health food,

]doesn't mean we are all like that.

But you do pride yourself on the narcotic potency of your beer, don't you?
Either you are one of the lushes, or you just pretend to be.

]And just because all the Canadians I have met have been great people, it

]doesn't mean there isn't an arsehole out there somewhere :-)

You figured that out all by yourself, did you?
My microscope is revealing to me that, indeed, you _do_ have a brain.
It is either pickled or pretending to be pickled, but it is
definitely a construct of neurons. I can see every one of them.

--
Barry Schwartz b...@hankel.rutgers.edu
(When I am in Canada, try {...rutgers}!utai!lsuc!nrcaer!alzabo!trashman)