false diagnosis - paranoid schizophrenia

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Nov 5, 2001, 3:59:27 PM11/5/01
Symptoms were brought on by sleep deprivation to the extent they
existed at all. Any advice ? The only tests which were ever performed
were while I was heavily drugged with anti-psychotics, Haldol. Lithium
etc. The hospital refuses to provide me with any records at all and I
am not able to afford a lawyer. So does that mean that I am just
screwed, or is there some legal recourse to force the doctors to take
tests over again and correct their diagnosis ?

This newsgroup seems to be perfect for asking for information !
LCC

Cubit

Nov 5, 2001, 4:27:46 PM11/5/01
Unfortunately, loss of sleep is a common symptom for P Sz.

They don't realy need to do a bunch of tests. You just have to have a
persistent systematized delusion, or halucination.

To disprove their diagnosis, you need to get the current DSM IV manual (in
USA) or equivalent that they use to evaluate you. Compare it to what your
case history should have been. An effective defense might be revealing a
chronic drug use of amphetamines. That would blow their diagnosis to
hell....

You may wish to ask about this in: alt.support.schizophrenia

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Nov 6, 2001, 12:44:15 PM11/6/01
"Cubit" <1.408.578.0874@Spam.not> wrote in message news:<fwDF7.2025$Ly1.1...@newsrump.sjc.telocity.net>...

Thanks for the hint. Now I shall challenge them to produce evidence of
any as you say "persistent systematized delusion, or halucination".
That will be a hard row to hoe because no such a thing exists.