OT: What is a UIM DEdevice?

St. Jackanapes

Jul 17, 2008, 1:39:20 AM7/17/08

Smart people needed....

I just bought a new PC running Vista Business. When I formatted the disk
with Vista (it came formatted with XP) I began to get a message after
each boot up asking me to do a search for the drivers needed by my UIM
device. Well, I've never had a UIM Device and haven't a fucking clue
what one is. I've attached the same peripherals that were on my other
machine (that I plan on networking with the new one once I figure this
mystery out.)

All I have on USB are 3 external hard drives, an MP3 player that I'm
recharging and loading new music files on to so that I can plug it into
my home theater - so I haven't a clue what it's talking about. Googling
helped not a whit. All I found was a guy wondering what was the
"Universal Image Mounter" that was shown on his device manager - well,
unlike him, I have nothing in my Device Manager with a UIM-like name.

What am I missing? Something right under my nose?

Here's the link to the Universal images Mounter thread...

http://myreader.co.uk/msg/102016716.aspx

I did add an NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT video card with dual monitor ability
instead of using the onboard video, but it's got all it's drivers
installed. Everything does. Device Manager shows that everything on the
machine is connected properly.

Anyone have any ideas or has heard of a UIM Device before?

Thanks!

Sara Brum

Jul 17, 2008, 2:49:44 AM7/17/08
"St. Jackanapes" <st-...@jackanapes.ws> wrote in message