NOEL

terr...@my-deja.com

Dec 18, 2000, 7:57:23 AM12/18/00
We've got all our pressies and the tree is all decorated , the
dresser is dressed and all the cards sent out.
We've already had a week or so of lunches and jollies and
booze- ups, pup crawls and late nights.
Yesterday we met some of our friends for a Christmas meal at The
Plough for a Christmas blowout and had reunions with friends not
recently seen.
We were at the old folks home last night arranging to pick up my
wifes ninety year old mum on Christmas Eve for the holiday.
On Friday I'm going to lunch with all my workmates to a local Greek
restaurant ( a nice change from turkey)
Friday night it's all down to The Leather Bottle for a Christmas jolly
with my wifes company.
On Christmas Eve we are having an open day.
This is an old English custom where family, friends and
neighbours call in for some mulled wine or a beer and a bite to eat
and a chat and it goes on all day.
This should set us up really well for Christmas morning, the sons
and their wives, grandchildren , opening pressies, the dogs going
mad, cats all over the place and all the general chaos that goes
with cooking the big bird and wrapping paper all over the place. It's
all quite exhausting but we love it.
I don't suppose it's much different over there in the States.
Anyway may I take this opportunity to wish all of you fifty - plus
friends a very happy Christmas and a great 2001....Cheers.
Terry, from a slighly drier Kent in England.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Toddy

Dec 18, 2000, 8:39:50 AM12/18/00
Merry Christmas to you too Terry, it sounds like you are in
for a whale of a time LOL...
Toddy, pleased you are drier <G>

<terr...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

GeoGoddess

Dec 18, 2000, 10:22:18 AM12/18/00
Thanks for the holiday cheer, Terry... and a very merry winter solstice to
you, too! LOL! Hope to "see" more of you in the New Year....
GeoGoddess in the Canadian Rockies

Kelly Petit

Dec 18, 2000, 12:00:13 PM12/18/00

<terr...@my-deja.com> a écrit dans le message : 91l1jj$hr3$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
Merry Christmas to you and your family too-:)
In Norway we celebrate Christmas on the 24th in the evening. The churchbells ring Christmas in
all over Norway at 5 p.m. and then it's officially Christmas. The children have their gift in
the evening after the meal or before, it depends..
kelly

Bette

Dec 18, 2000, 2:11:33 PM12/18/00
>Subject: NOEL

>From: terr...@my-deja.com

>We've got all our pressies and the tree is all decorated

Thank you Terry, your Holiday plans and activities sound great. You left out
Boxing day, or is that when you recoup??
Similar going on here... Stay Happy, Bette
chatsbet

JD Cooper

Dec 18, 2000, 4:12:45 PM12/18/00
Know something, Terry... 'cept for the words you use locally, the whole
mess doesn't sound much different at all from the way it is here!!

Merry Merry, Terry! And also to all of yours!!!

JD<---as we say 'round here, "Merry Texmas"!

MAEVE56

Dec 18, 2000, 5:05:17 PM12/18/00
Dans l'article <91l1jj$hr3$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, terr...@my-deja.coma écrit :

>Anyway may I take this opportunity to wish all of you fifty - plus
>friends a very happy Christmas and a great 2001....Cheers.
>Terry, from a slighly drier Kent in England.

Happy Christmas to you Terry from Maeve in cold but sunny Alps