Americans Full of It?

1 view

Monk K.

Jul 27, 2001, 8:40:17 AM7/27/01
I think this is a good time to mention the fact that the USA is the World's
largest producer and consumer of toilet paper. That's right, folks, according
to the figures posted at www.ToiletPaperWorld.com. The $2.4 billion a year
industry owes it's thanks to the American public for using 20,805 sheets per
person per year. It just goes to show you; everything works out in the
end.<VBG>

Peace, Monk Keezunkle

"Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in what they think
laughable."
Goethe
1749-1832

Di Wall

Jul 27, 2001, 8:45:52 AM7/27/01
Subliminal message there MonK?? <gg>
Di....:)

"Monk K." <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message

judithann

Jul 27, 2001, 10:18:34 AM7/27/01
..and it just has to be Scott Tissue, Mr. Monk K!
Mr. what's his name (what was his name?) could never convince me to buy Charmin! There is more to a roll of Scott than any of its competitors. :o) Do you agree Monk K?

ja--and Scott Tissue is even softer now than it used to be which is of course a must in order for everything to work out in the end as you so nicely put it. :o))

Sue

Jul 27, 2001, 10:38:36 AM7/27/01

"judithann" <bu...@netsync.net> wrote in message

..and it just has to be Scott Tissue, Mr. Monk K!
Mr. what's his name (what was his name?) could never convince me to buy
Charmin! There is more to a roll of Scott than any of its competitors. :o)
Do you agree Monk K?

There will never be another tissue in our house. Scott lasts and lasts and
lasts. <G>
But, have you seen the Charmin commercial with the bear in the woods! I
love it!
sue

b_...@bellsouth.net

Jul 27, 2001, 10:44:29 AM7/27/01
Monk I will go one step farther than Di! Are you suggesting we are "full of it"? LOL!
Probably right.
As to Scott tissue, I buy nothing else. Go to K-or Wal-mart and get it by the dozen. Faye

judithann

Jul 27, 2001, 11:18:51 AM7/27/01
Oh that commerical is enticing, Sue...however, there are other tissue issues more pressing. :o))

ja

judithann

Jul 27, 2001, 11:19:44 AM7/27/01
The dirty dozen, Faye??? LOL

ja ...sorry about that. I just couldn't resist!!

NHunkele

Jul 27, 2001, 12:18:04 PM7/27/01
I guess I'm not that fussy. I haven't used Scott in years, not since Sear's
catalog was a close substitute. <G> Right now in the house I have Soft 'n
Gentle and Angel Soft and sometimes buy Kleenex ripple. Whatever W-Mart has at
the best price.
Norma

hannahs date at the 88s

Jul 27, 2001, 12:31:53 PM7/27/01
>=20

Scotts

sounds Canadian

The trouble with learning by experience is you gotta do the experience first

dae

Jul 27, 2001, 1:01:40 PM7/27/01
ja,

Just wash and dry it when through with it, reroll, and it will last twice as
long:-)

Don (Prone)

"judithann" <bu...@netsync.net> wrote in message

Keithlv1

Jul 27, 2001, 1:07:56 PM7/27/01
In article <Rid87.8728$ar1....@www.newsranger.com>, Monk K.
<nos...@newsranger.com> writes:

>I think this is a good time to mention the fact that the USA is the World's
>largest producer and consumer of toilet paper. That's right, folks,
>according
>to the figures posted at www.ToiletPaperWorld.com. The $2.4 billion a year
>industry owes it's thanks to the American public for using 20,805 sheets per
>person per year. It just goes to show you; everything works out in the
>end.<VBG>

Which is why Kimberly Clark is such a consistent stock - distasteful as it is,
they have a product which stops/absorbs/cleans the leakage in every orifice of
every body.

Yoj

Jul 27, 2001, 1:42:36 PM7/27/01
Take it from an expert, Charmin Ultra is the best! I've had visitors from
Alaska and Hawaii ask me what brand I use so they could buy it when they got
home.

Joy

Yoj

Jul 27, 2001, 1:42:59 PM7/27/01

"Sue" <k...@ewol.com> wrote in message

It's great, isn't it?

Joy

Janie

Jul 27, 2001, 1:39:20 PM7/27/01
Oh YUCK! lol!
Janie

dae wrote:

--
Home is where you hang your @

Graham

Jul 27, 2001, 2:06:13 PM7/27/01

"hannahs date at the 88s" <gur...@aol.comstock> schreef in bericht

Sounds Scottish
Graham

judithann

Jul 27, 2001, 2:41:49 PM7/27/01
Well don, if Bounty were to come out with toilet paper, I'll bet you anything we could wash and dry it!! :o)

ja

Arch

Jul 27, 2001, 3:01:28 PM7/27/01
Well Monk, if what you say is true then that would lead me to believe that in
other countries quite a few people dont.....ugh, well you know!

Arch

Monk K.

Jul 27, 2001, 3:09:03 PM7/27/01
In article <3B61BA98...@earthlink.net>, Arch says...

>Well Monk, if what you say is true then that would lead me to believe that in
>other countries quite a few people dont.....ugh, well you know!
>
> Arch
-------;^)------:^0------;^)----

LOL!! I get your *drift*, Arch. The article also stated that, while Americans
were still using corn-cobs and grape leaves, the French were using lace. Betcha
don't see much of that anymore.<g>

Peace, Monk Keezunkle

"Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in what

they leave behind."
John Crapper

Sue

Jul 27, 2001, 3:16:32 PM7/27/01

"Yoj" <jgay...@att.net> wrote in message
Yup. And it answers the proverbial question! LOL
sue

Vickie

Jul 27, 2001, 4:12:31 PM7/27/01

Monk K waltzed in pretty as you please and said:

I think this is a good time to mention the fact that the USA is the World's
largest producer and consumer of toilet paper. That's right, folks, according
to the figures posted at www.ToiletPaperWorld.com. The $2.4 billion a year
industry owes it's thanks to the American public for using 20,805 sheets per
person per year. It just goes to show you; everything works out in the
end.<VBG>

<Enjoying the fine art of subtlety, VB falls over laughing>

"Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in what they

squeeze, wad, crumple or fold."
Mr. Whipple

hannahs date at the 88s

Jul 27, 2001, 4:14:41 PM7/27/01
>Subject: Re: Americans Full of It?
>From: "Graham" j.hu...@chello.nl
>Date: 27/07/01 19:06 GMT Daylight Time

yep--Canada's main influence--the accent is a combination of Scots and Irish

JerryD(upstateNY)

Jul 27, 2001, 5:17:09 PM7/27/01
judithann
What do you use Scott tissue for...........sand paper ?
I buy toilet paper by the case and one time I bought Scott tissue.
After using one roll, I threw the rest in the trash.
Newspaper would be softer.
--
JerryD(upstateNY)

Faith

Jul 27, 2001, 5:23:32 PM7/27/01
Now I am confused as I thought the French had their "Bid`et's?"

Wolfie

Jul 27, 2001, 5:58:23 PM7/27/01
keit...@cs.com (Keithlv1) wrote in message news:<20010727130756...@nso-cn.news.cs.com>...
-------;^0--------

Fortunately, for some, they have yet to develop something to stop
"biting sarcasm". wink wink

Peace, Dennis

Keithlv1

Jul 27, 2001, 6:09:51 PM7/27/01
In article <52a7f0cc.0107...@posting.google.com>,
dplu...@internetcds.com (Wolfie) writes:

Bon Mot! :) ......But Dennis, they have! It just hasn't been approved by the
FDA, because, thus far, it only works for short periods of time.

In clinical trials they call it the Marian. It is said to work on biting
sarcasm as well as other forms of free speech.

Monk K.

Jul 27, 2001, 7:31:21 PM7/27/01
One of the first rules of teaching; Make the lesson interesting to the student.
How'd I do? <g>

Peace, Monk Keezunkle

------;^0-------;^)---------:^0---------
In article <9jrno8$1d0qe$1...@ID-27999.news.dfncis.de>, Di Wall says...

Robert W. McKibben

Jul 27, 2001, 7:37:12 PM7/27/01
Hmmm, we use Quilted Northern(over the top rolls).
Robert

Mr. Whipple

Jul 27, 2001, 7:38:29 PM7/27/01
In article <20010727161231...@ng-fm1.aol.com>, Vickie says...
>--------!@#*^#%^&%#$^%&$-----------

Excuse me. Personally, I never cared for that slogan. I have always enjoyed
the sensation of squeezing toilet paper. It reminds me of my first girl-friend.

Charminly, Mr. Whipple

Monk K.

Jul 27, 2001, 7:40:32 PM7/27/01
In article <9jrt4t$13odr$1...@ID-46872.news.dfncis.de>, judithann says...

>..and it just has to be Scott Tissue, Mr. Monk K! =20
>Mr. what's his name (what was his name?) could never convince me to buy =
>Charmin! There is more to a roll of Scott than any of its competitors. =

>:o) Do you agree Monk K?
>--------;^0------

There is certainly more to a roll of Scott than meets the eye.

Peace, Monk Keezunkle

---------;^)----------
>ja--and Scott Tissue is even softer now than it used to be which is of =
>course a must in order for everything to work out in the end as you so =
>nicely put it. :o))
>"Monk K." <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message =
>> I think this is a good time to mention the fact that the USA is the =
>World's
>> largest producer and consumer of toilet paper. That's right, folks, =
>according
>> to the figures posted at www.ToiletPaperWorld.com. The $2.4 billion a =
>year
>> industry owes it's thanks to the American public for using 20,805 =
>sheets per
>> person per year. It just goes to show you; everything works out in =
>the
>> end.<VBG>
>>=20
>> Peace, Monk Keezunkle
>>=20
>> "Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in what =

Monk K.

Jul 27, 2001, 7:43:17 PM7/27/01
In article <r3j87.12352$au2.2...@e420r-sjo3.usenetserver.com>, Sue says...
>--------???????----------

Who put the "Bop" in the "Bop-she-bop-she-bop"? Or was it the one about the
hobby horse?<g>

Peace, Monk Keezunkle

Monk K.

Jul 27, 2001, 7:46:43 PM7/27/01
In article <gKh87.9030$LP2.8...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, Yoj
says...

>Take it from an expert, Charmin Ultra is the best! I've had visitors from
>Alaska and Hawaii ask me what brand I use so they could buy it when they got
>home.
>
>Joy
>-----;^)--------

Gotta be an improvement over snowballs and pineapples. Oooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!

Peace, Monk Keezunkle

"Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in

how quietly they finish."
H. Weiss

Monk K.

Jul 27, 2001, 7:49:02 PM7/27/01
In article <pTk87.151954$T97.17...@typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>, upstateNY\ says...
>--------???????------

Are you suggesting the survey might be inaccurate?<g>

Peace, Monk Keezunkle

Di Wall

Jul 27, 2001, 7:54:32 PM7/27/01
Recycling Don? :)) I *knew* we 'tree-huggers' would win you over
eventually!

Seriously, when I was in Burma my colleague got the sniffles and ran out of
tissues so resorted to toilet paper.....however, Burma has been stripped of
all it's trees for furniture making thus paper is a rare commodity so she
actually dried off the 'drippy nose' papers for re-use! True story!
Oooops! Hope I haven't offended anyone... I believe the word 'toilet' is
considered a rude word in the US??
Di<~~~ living on the edge again! :))

Di Wall

Jul 27, 2001, 8:25:28 PM7/27/01
<splutter!> STOPPIT! <gg>
Di.....:))

"Monk K." <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message

Di Wall

Jul 27, 2001, 8:20:21 PM7/27/01
Bravo! I am sure you are flushed with success!
Di...:))

"Monk K." <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message

dae

Jul 27, 2001, 10:09:15 PM7/27/01
Di,

We have had a recycling program in our little city for several years. The
icky garbage is through into landfills and the newspapers, magazines, and
other paper products are sorted from the cans and bottles and are picked up
by another crew. The City makes a little money on it.
Don (Prone)
"Di Wall" <diw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

dae

Jul 27, 2001, 10:11:30 PM7/27/01

"Mr. Whipple" <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message

Sir Monk K.,

Your first girlfriend was named Mr. Whipple? Did you know they are bringing
back some of the old commercials on TV and that is one of them?
Don (Prone)

dae

Jul 27, 2001, 10:14:08 PM7/27/01
Faith,
In the old days they used indoor outhouses which the servants disposed of.
They had no running water so they didn't have Bidets. Those are drinking
fountains, aren't they:-))
Don (Prone)
"Faith" <zo...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

GeoGoddess

Jul 27, 2001, 10:43:49 PM7/27/01

I remember the first time I bought a package of 12 rolls of "recycled"
toilet tissue.
I was.... well.... hesitant.
:-)
Ann in BC
Green but not foolhardy

Toddy

Jul 27, 2001, 11:23:09 PM7/27/01
ROTFLMHO !!!!!!
Wicked !!
toddy

"dae" <d.e...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

net...

Yoj

Jul 27, 2001, 11:35:39 PM7/27/01
"Sue" <k...@ewol.com> wrote in message

Really? I didn't notice whether it was over or under.

Joy (smiling in wide-eyed innocence)

Faith

Jul 27, 2001, 11:39:37 PM7/27/01
well...... I suppose......ummmm.......Good way to wash down the cloroxed, tile
scrubber, amonia based, scummed up shower walls! If only the hose apparatus
were longer could drag it through the house to water plants and possibly use as
a squirt gun as needed?
<grin>

<wonder if that were the type of squirt bottle used to make kitties obey besides
the air cans?>

Vickie

Jul 28, 2001, 7:31:05 AM7/28/01
>Date: 7/27/01

Mr. Whipple confessed:

>Excuse me. Personally, I never cared for that slogan. I have always enjoyed
>the sensation of squeezing toilet paper. It reminds me of my first
>girl-friend.

Ah yes, I remember once stuffing my bra with it as well. ;-)

VB
"It serve you right to suffer."
-- John Lee Hooker

hannahs date at the 88s

Jul 28, 2001, 8:37:08 AM7/28/01
>Subject: Re: Americans Full of It?
>From: "judithann" bu...@netsync.net
>Date: 27/07/01 19:41 GMT Daylight Time
>
>Well don, if Bounty were to come

>out with toilet paper, I'll bet you =

>anything we could wash and dry it!! :o)

oh pooh! Would you really want to do that. I bet most people would delegate it.

carlie

Arlin Vernon

Jul 28, 2001, 9:47:53 AM7/28/01
Ooooohhhh....eeeeuuuuwwww....ROTFL! The devil is out! Arlin :-)

Di Wall

Jul 28, 2001, 9:25:36 AM7/28/01
ROTFLMHO!
I have this vision of Ann with rumpled nose and expression of distaste,
holding tissue at arms length twixt thumb and pointer.....girding her loins
for the task ahead!
Di....:))

"GeoGoddess" <gard...@mail.ocis.net> wrote in message

Jan

Jul 28, 2001, 12:51:47 PM7/28/01
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:40:17 GMT, Monk K. <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote:

>I think this is a good time to mention the fact that the USA is the World's
>largest producer and consumer of toilet paper. That's right, folks, according
>to the figures posted at www.ToiletPaperWorld.com. The $2.4 billion a year
>industry owes it's thanks to the American public for using 20,805 sheets per
>person per year. It just goes to show you; everything works out in the
>end.<VBG>
>
>Peace, Monk Keezunkle
>
>"Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in what they think
>laughable."
> Goethe
> 1749-1832

As these numbers break down to 57 sheets (no pun) per person per day, this will no doubt lead to a
criticism in the UN regarding the unforgivable waste of a renewable resource, namely trees. <g>

Jan (Who at the moment has nothing better to do)

"If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined"

judithann

Jul 28, 2001, 12:53:14 PM7/28/01
Hey there, Mr. Law! How be you???
Nope! Wouldn't consider such a thing. I would stick with Scott!! :-p

ja

toci

Jul 28, 2001, 8:48:29 PM7/28/01
Don't know what brands, but I undrstand the queen of England uses
American toilet paper and French wine. Not sure if at the same time.
Toci

Yoj

Jul 28, 2001, 9:44:44 PM7/28/01
"toci" <gin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Don't know what brands, but I undrstand the queen of England uses
> American toilet paper and French wine. Not sure if at the same time.
> Toci

I certainly don't blame her for using American toilet paper. When I was in
England we found that public restrooms (in train stations, etc.) had paper
of the approximate absorbency of waxed paper. Each square was marked with a
crown and an official-looking insignia. The members of our tour group
referred to it as "the queen's toilet paper".

Joy

hannahs date at the 88s

Jul 29, 2001, 1:35:45 AM7/29/01
>Subject: Re: Americans Full of It?
>From: "judithann" bu...@netsync.net
>Date: 28/07/01 17:53 GMT Daylight Time

>Hey there, Mr. Law! How be you???
>Nope! Wouldn't consider such a thing. I would stick with Scott!! :-p
>
>ja

Didn't mean to imply I had anything against Scott--I can hardly remember it.
However, we DO get Kleenex toilet paper here (I think)

The trouble with recycled and with private brand toilet paper is finding the
way to open the roll.

You ever get a roll that needs to be ripped, torn, and flung against the wall
to get it started?

Then the first bit comes off about six sheets thick and . . . oh darn . . .
it's so frustrating.

This is your first summer in the new property. How is it. I'm familiar with the
winter scenes you've drawn but have heard little about the transition into
spring and summer:)

carlie

>"hannahs date at the 88s" <gur...@aol.comstock> wrote in message =

>> >Subject: Re: Americans Full of It?

>> >From: "judithann" bu...@netsync.net=20

>> >Date: 27/07/01 19:41 GMT Daylight Time
>> >
>> >Well don, if Bounty were to come

>>=20
>> >out with toilet paper, I'll bet you =3D
>>=20

>> >anything we could wash and dry it!! :o)

>>=20
>> oh pooh! Would you really want to do that. I bet most people would =
>delegate it.
>>=20
>> carlie
>>=20
>> The trouble with learning by experience is you gotta do the experience =
>first

RECORD ON DECK: THE LAST WALTZ/THE BAND
"The Night They Drove Ole Dixie Down"

hannahs date at the 88s

Jul 29, 2001, 1:38:42 AM7/29/01
>Subject: Re: Americans Full of It?
>From: "Yoj" jgay...@att.net
>Date: 29/07/01 02:44 GMT Daylight Time

>"toci" <gin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Don't know what brands, but I undrstand the queen of England uses
>> American toilet paper and French wine. Not sure if at the same time.
>> Toci

Britain (and other European countries) used to be famous for ghastly toilet
paper.

They started to get developed country toilet paper in the late 70s/early 80s.

I remember in the mid-80s though, visiting the department of Trade and Industry
near Parliament in London--you could do market research there.

They had exactly the toilet paper you describe in the bathrooms.

When I asked why such execrable and unhealthy paper was provided, the answer
was.

"If it was good toilet paper, people would steal it."

As a Canadian this was a new concept to me. I couldn't recall people ever
stealing toilet paper in Canada.

It was quite a cultural insight.

carlie

>I certainly don't blame her for using American toilet paper. When I was in
>England we found that public restrooms (in train stations, etc.) had paper
>of the approximate absorbency of waxed paper. Each square was marked with a
>crown and an official-looking insignia. The members of our tour group
>referred to it as "the queen's toilet paper".
>
>Joy

RECORD ON DECK: THE LAST WALTZ/THE BAND

The Shadow

Aug 11, 2001, 11:36:49 PM8/11/01

"Monk K." <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message
> I think this is a good time to mention the fact that the USA is the
World's
> largest producer and consumer of toilet paper. That's right, folks,
according
> to the figures posted at www.ToiletPaperWorld.com. The $2.4 billion a
year
> industry owes it's thanks to the American public for using 20,805 sheets
per
> person per year. It just goes to show you; everything works out in the
> end.<VBG>
>
> Peace, Monk Keezunkle
>
> "Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in what they
think
> laughable."
> Goethe
> 1749-1832

If we are using that much paper, I don't think we are full of it:-)
--
The Shadow Knows!

Michael Fanner

Aug 12, 2001, 5:11:16 AM8/12/01
In article <3b75d...@corp-news.newsgroups.com>,

The Shadow <t...@anyplace.net> wrote:
> If we are using that much paper, I don't think we are full of it:-)

I see you're catching up. Only 15,000 to go now and you'll be right up to
date. <lol>

Monk K

Aug 12, 2001, 8:05:34 AM8/12/01
In article <3b75d...@corp-news.newsgroups.com>, The Shadow says...
>----------------------------

We have been full of it. We are now wiped out.<g> But then...you would know
that if you were the *real* Shadow Nose.

Peace, Monk Keezunkle(wondering about people with an alias)

"Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in

a good, honest name."
Armand Hammer

King Martin the Martian

Aug 12, 2001, 9:05:39 AM8/12/01
In article <iiud7.6963$NJ6....@www.newsranger.com>,
Monk K <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote:

> We have been full of it. We are now wiped out.<g> But then...you would know
> that if you were the *real* Shadow Nose.

I think she is the real Shadow Nose, at least I think it's the Shadow Nose
that I've been replying to these past weeks.

The poor lass has a newsreader that won't allow her to download only the
last couple of hundred posts. She's had to start from the beginning,
downloading smallish batches.

Expect a reply to your's around about Thanksgiving.

> Peace, Monk Keezunkle(wondering about people with an alias)

Me too.

--
K.Mart

Monk K

Aug 12, 2001, 3:18:50 PM8/12/01
In article <4aa8cd9ea1...@argonet.co.uk>, Michael Fanner says...
>-----------------------

Has anyone suggested a 5/1 response ratio to her posts? You know, just to be
friendly? LOL

Peace, Monk Keezunkle

"Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in

engaging in brisk correspondence."
Benedict Arnold

Michael Fanner

Aug 12, 2001, 3:57:23 PM8/12/01
In article <uEAd7.7171$NJ6....@www.newsranger.com>,

Monk K <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote:
> Has anyone suggested a 5/1 response ratio to her posts? You know, just to be
> friendly? LOL

How about a 5/1 response ratio to her posts?

Does that mean I have to send five for every one of hers, or do I reply to
every fifth one - cos that's about normal.

--
K.Mart

Monk K

Aug 12, 2001, 5:34:25 PM8/12/01
In article <4aa908c5b3...@argonet.co.uk>, Michael Fanner says...
>----------;^)--------=^0--------:^}----------

We split a fifth for every one of her posts. What's your pleasure?<G> But
then...I don't so much as taste anymore so you'll have to have my share for me.
I will think of you in the "smoking lodge" my Brother.(Woops, that dratted
Chong)

Peace, Monk Keezunkle

"Men show their true character in nothing more clearly than in what they think
they did the night before."
Dean Martin

Al Gerber

Aug 13, 2001, 1:12:59 PM8/13/01

Stole this one from the forty's group. Thought this fit in here. ;-)

********************
Ghost Poo
You know you've pooed. There's poo on the toilet paper, but not in the
toilet. Where is it?

Teflon Poo
So slick and easy you don't even feel it. No trace of poo on the toilet
paper. You have to look in the toilet to be sure you did it.

Goo Poo
This has the consistency of hot tar. You wipe twelve times and you still
don't come clean. You end up putting toilet paper in your underwear so you
don't soil it. Permanent skid marks are left in the toilet.

Second Thoughts Poo
You're all done wiping and about to stand up when you realize... there's
more to come.

Pop a Vein in Your Forehead Poo
This is the kind of poo that killed Elvis. It doesn't want to come out until
you're all sweaty, trembling and purple from straining so hard.

Weight Watchers Poo
You poo so much you lose several pounds.

Right Now Poo
You'd better be within thirty seconds of a toilet. You burn rubber to get
there and it usually gets its head out before you can get your pants down.

King Kong Poo
This one is so big you think it won't go down the toilet unless you break it
into smaller chunks. A wire coat hanger usually works well. This kind of poo
usually happens when you're at someone else's house.

Cork Poo
Also known as "floaters". Even after the third flush it's still there,
floating in the bowl. My God! How do I get rid of it?

Wet Cheeks Poo
This poo hits the water sideways and makes a bigger splash than the
launching of the QE2, soaking your starfish.

Wish Poo
You sit there all cramped up and fart a few times, but no poo.

Cement Block Poo
You wish you'd gotten a spinal block before you pooed.

Snake Poo
This poo is fairly soft, about as thick as your thumb and at least three
feet long.

Morning After Poo
Happens the day after the night before. Normally your poo doesn't smell that
bad, but THIS one... Usually you're at someone else's house (normally a girl
you're trying to impress) and they're waiting outside to use the bathroom.

Mexican Food Poo
Also called "screamers". You know it's safe to eat again when your bum stops
burning.

Boo Hoo Poo
Makes you cry with pain and wonder whether your should risk the stitches or
go for the fuller figure.

=============

~~~Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange
for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.~~~
(H.L. Hunt)

GeoGoddess

Aug 13, 2001, 1:28:29 PM8/13/01
Good grief, Mr. Gerber....
What ever kind of a mood are *you* in today???
LOLOL!
a in bc

"Al Gerber" <a75...@aol.com> wrote in message

Michael Fanner

Aug 13, 2001, 4:42:26 PM8/13/01
In article <BDCd7.7223$NJ6....@www.newsranger.com>,
Monk K <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote:

> We split a fifth for every one of her posts. What's your pleasure?<G> But
> then...I don't so much as taste anymore so you'll have to have my share for me.

A question o wise one. What's a 'fifth' exactly? Not being totally au fait
with Merkun measurements, I have to ask what I'm getting into here.

> I will think of you in the "smoking lodge" my Brother.(Woops, that dratted
> Chong)

Cool. Way cool. <g>

Mick. <whose pleasure is currently Glenmorangie>

John (that Alaska guy)

Aug 13, 2001, 5:26:42 PM8/13/01
A fifth is one fifth of an American gallon, somewhere in the
neighborhood of 750 milliliters.

Regards, John (tAg)

"Michael Fanner" <mikef...@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message

Yoj

Aug 13, 2001, 7:57:38 PM8/13/01
LOL! Some of those sound painfully familiar.

Joy

Yoj

Aug 13, 2001, 7:58:22 PM8/13/01
It is usually used in reference to booze, as in "a fifth of Scotch".

Joy

"John (that Alaska guy)" <out_there@somewhere> wrote in message

John (that Alaska guy)

Aug 13, 2001, 8:59:23 PM8/13/01
That's what I drank every night. I'm really glad I don't have to do
that any more.

Regards, John (tAg)

"Yoj" <jgay...@att.net> wrote in message

Michael Fanner

Aug 13, 2001, 5:32:08 PM8/13/01
In article <tnghgjs...@corp.supernews.com>,

John \(that Alaska guy\) <out_there@somewhere> wrote:
> A fifth is one fifth of an American gallon, somewhere in the
> neighborhood of 750 milliliters.

That's an awful lot of Scotch. Especially drunk alone.

Maybe I'll pass <g>

Mick.

John (that Alaska guy)

Aug 14, 2001, 12:57:19 AM8/14/01
I used to like Tullamore Dew. It's probably spelled wrong, but it's an
Irish whiskey with a very Scotch-like taste. It had that same dark,
peaty, smoky taste but there was a little something extra in it that
Scotch didn't have. That and Wild Turkey 100 proof bonded were the only
two whiskeys that I could lay back and actually enjoy without getting
snockered. I used to be able to make a jigger of either last at least
ten minutes. Wonderful, both of them.

Regards, John (tAg)

"Michael Fanner" <mikef...@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message

GeoGoddess

Aug 14, 2001, 4:40:53 PM8/14/01

Actually, here in Canada... a *fifth* is 1/2 of 750ml.....375 ml
thereabouts.
750 ml is the size of most standard bottles of wine ....
ann in bc

John (that Alaska guy)

Aug 15, 2001, 2:16:48 AM8/15/01
Umm, uh, Ann.... Five times 750 milliliters is 3,750 milliliters, which
is just a little less than a United States gallon. A fifth was called
that because originally it really was a fifth of a gallon or 25.6 fluid
ounces. It doesn't matter if it's whiskey, wine, or ginger ale. The
nearest metric equivilant is that 750 ml jug. What you're talking about
is certainly not a fifth. Some people might call it a tenth, or a
split.

Regards, John (tAg)

"GeoGoddess" <gard...@mail.ocis.net> wrote in message

The Shadow

Aug 15, 2001, 6:52:37 AM8/15/01

"Michael Fanner" <mikef...@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message

I only have 6992 left to download after I finish this 629:-) saddly there is
no way to read them all but I am trying to look at each thread. I do have a
life off this pc:-) next week hubby will go back to work so I may have more
time!!
--
The Shadow Knows!

The Shadow

Aug 15, 2001, 6:53:43 AM8/15/01

"Monk K" <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message

I think I am already out numbered out 10/1:-) but thanks for the kind
thought:-)
--
The Shadow Knows!

The Shadow

Aug 15, 2001, 6:55:02 AM8/15/01

"Michael Fanner" <mikef...@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message

I'm still waiting for a reply to email!!! but since you are entertaining us
with tall tales I can wait:-)
--
The Shadow Knows!

The Shadow

Aug 15, 2001, 6:59:16 AM8/15/01

"Michael Fanner" <mikef...@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message

> In article <BDCd7.7223$NJ6....@www.newsranger.com>,
> Monk K <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote:
>
> > We split a fifth for every one of her posts. What's your pleasure?<G>
But
> > then...I don't so much as taste anymore so you'll have to have my share
for me.

does Dr Pepper come in fifths?

> A question o wise one. What's a 'fifth' exactly? Not being totally au fait
> with Merkun measurements, I have to ask what I'm getting into here.

my fifth of Jack Daniels says a liter!

> > I will think of you in the "smoking lodge" my Brother.(Woops, that
dratted
> > Chong)
>
> Cool. Way cool. <g>
>
> Mick. <whose pleasure is currently Glenmorangie>

I still have all that beer you all left!!!!!

--
The Shadow Knows!

The Shadow

Aug 15, 2001, 7:04:19 AM8/15/01

> In article <3b75d...@corp-news.newsgroups.com>, The Shadow says...
> >

> >If we are using that much paper, I don't think we are full of it:-)
> >--
> >The Shadow Knows!
> >----------------------------
>
> We have been full of it. We are now wiped out.<g> But then...you would
know
> that if you were the *real* Shadow Nose.

that is very good, and yes I am the *real* Shadow Nose and I do wish some of
you would cut out the Taco's:-)

--
The Shadow Knows!

The Shadow

Aug 15, 2001, 7:09:15 AM8/15/01

"King Martin the Martian" <m...@onanotherplanet.com> wrote in message

> In article <iiud7.6963$NJ6....@www.newsranger.com>,
> Monk K <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote:
>
> > We have been full of it. We are now wiped out.<g> But then...you would
know
> > that if you were the *real* Shadow Nose.
>
> I think she is the real Shadow Nose, at least I think it's the Shadow Nose
> that I've been replying to these past weeks.

Yes, it is I!!

> The poor lass has a newsreader that won't allow her to download only the
> last couple of hundred posts. She's had to start from the beginning,
> downloading smallish batches.

I could download all 15000 at one time but my poor pc would probably have a
fatal error thing!! It takes about 10 minutes to get 600 so I would have to
sit here for 25 hours!!

> Expect a reply to your's around about Thanksgiving.

pass the Turkey:-)

> > Peace, Monk Keezunkle(wondering about people with an alias)

it took me 5 years to figure out how to do this, and I'm going to enjoy it
for awhile:-)

> Me too.
>
> --
> K.Mart

Oh sure!!

--
The Shadow Knows!

The Shadow

Aug 15, 2001, 7:13:06 AM8/15/01

"Al Gerber" <a75...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Stole this one from the forty's group. Thought this fit in here. ;-)
>
> ********************
> Ghost Poo
> You know you've pooed. There's poo on the toilet paper, but not in the
> toilet. Where is it?

snipped>

> Mexican Food Poo
> Also called "screamers". You know it's safe to eat again when your bum
stops
> burning.
>
> Boo Hoo Poo
> Makes you cry with pain and wonder whether your should risk the stitches
or
> go for the fuller figure.
>

> =============
>
> ~~~Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange
> for it. Establish your priorities and go to work.~~~
> (H.L. Hunt)

LOL: really different:-)
--
The Shadow Knows!

NHunkele

Aug 15, 2001, 10:24:14 AM8/15/01
The first time I asked what a fifth was I was told it was 4/5 of a quart.
Picture this math challenged person with a pencil and paper, multplying and
dividing ounces. LOL
Norma

John (that Alaska guy)

Aug 15, 2001, 10:34:28 AM8/15/01
It is that too. 80% of 32 (0.8 times 32) is 25.6. Works either way.

Regards, John (tAg)

"NHunkele" <nhun...@aol.complete> wrote in message

NHunkele

Aug 15, 2001, 11:13:33 AM8/15/01

Percentages? Don't confuse me! LOLOL

Norma--singing along with Danny Kaye, "Glow worm, Glow worm, measuring the
marigolds"

NHunkele

Aug 15, 2001, 11:31:49 AM8/15/01
Whoops! Meant to say "Inch Worm". Toldya I was math challenged. :(
Norma

GeoGoddess

Aug 15, 2001, 11:42:39 AM8/15/01

Oh....ok...you are right...
It's a split! There's another name for it..... what is it?????
Oh well, that's what I get for buying wine in a box!
Ann in BC

"John (that Alaska guy)" <out_there@somewhere> wrote in message

Monk K

Aug 15, 2001, 12:33:46 PM8/15/01
Ohhhhhh, a regular cawna-sewer, eh? Does boxed wine have a vintage or an
expiration date? <G>

Peace, Monk Keezunkle
---------------------
In article <9le51m$92jp9$1...@ID-76624.news.dfncis.de>, GeoGoddess says...

"Women show their true character in nothing more clearly than in
how they hold their licker."
Old Folk Saying

Yoj

Aug 15, 2001, 1:40:09 PM8/15/01
Really? You went to all that trouble? I just said, "Oh" and decided I
didn't really care. ;-)

Joy

Yoj

Aug 15, 2001, 1:41:28 PM8/15/01

"The Shadow" <t...@anyplace.net> wrote in message

You have my sympathy, Shadow. I was gone most of the day yesterday and have
over 400 posts to look at.

Joy

GeoGoddess

Aug 15, 2001, 8:12:53 PM8/15/01

-- lOLOL!
There's nothing *wrong* with "Vin Ordinaire", Monk!
Just that some of it is more "ordinaire" than others.... :-)
Ann in BC

"Monk K" <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message

John (that Alaska guy)

Aug 16, 2001, 1:12:06 AM8/16/01
Last Tuesday was a very good day....

John (that Alaska guy)

Aug 16, 2001, 1:13:22 AM8/16/01
Dunno. Been fourteen years and change now since I bought any.

"GeoGoddess" <gard...@mail.ocis.net> wrote in message

Wolfie

Aug 16, 2001, 7:58:02 AM8/16/01
11+ ;^)

Peace, Wolfie

--------------------
In article <tnmljoq...@corp.supernews.com>, that Alaska guy\ says...

hannahs date at the 88s

Aug 17, 2001, 12:14:21 AM8/17/01
>ubject: Re: Americans Full of It?
>From: "GeoGoddess" gard...@mail.ocis.net
>Date: 14/08/2001 09:40 GMT Daylight Time

>Actually, here in Canada... a *fifth* is 1/2 of 750ml.....375 ml

well . . . I do believe a fifth Is in fact a fifth of a US gallon/i.e. 25 1/6
ounces approx

a half bottle is a 'mickey'

a 1.75 liter bottle is a TEXAS mickey.

Until at least the early 90s we used to get 40 ouncers here in Ireland--like
was the case in Canada--now it's just liters.

a 40 ouncer always left a bottle a day man enough for breakfast

carlie

>thereabouts.
>750 ml is the size of most standard bottles of wine ....
>ann in bc
>

>"Michael Fanner" <mikef...@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In article <tnghgjs...@corp.supernews.com>,
>> John \(that Alaska guy\) <out_there@somewhere> wrote:
>> > A fifth is one fifth of an American gallon, somewhere in the
>> > neighborhood of 750 milliliters.
>>
>> That's an awful lot of Scotch. Especially drunk alone.
>>
>> Maybe I'll pass <g>
>>
>> Mick.

God made a verb To press (my boss is pressing me to get the work done tonight)
Man says "too simple, elegant and intuitive--let's make it <to pressure>
Man says "nope, still too easy--let's make it <to pressurise>
Next step: <to pressurisate>?

hannahs date at the 88s

Aug 17, 2001, 12:51:35 AM8/17/01
>Subject: Re: Americans Full of It?
>From: "John \(that Alaska guy\)" out_there@somewhere
>Date: 15/08/2001 07:16 GMT Daylight Time

urrrrm! I think a split would be 187.5 ounces, John.

375 is deffnittly a mickey, eh!

carlieieieieieieieieeieieieieieieieieie

God made a verb To press (my boss is pressing me to get the work done tonight)

hannahs date at the 88s

Aug 17, 2001, 9:34:06 PM8/17/01
>Subject: Re: Americans Full of It?
>From: "The Shadow" t...@anyplace.net
>Date: 15/08/2001 11:59 GMT Daylight Time

ONE FIFTH of a US gallon=25.7 ounces

liter = 160/4.55=35.16 ounces

half a fifth is a mickey

quarter of a fifth is a pony

1/16th of a fifth is a miniature

goodness knows what one eighth of a fifth is

a semiquaver????????????

Di Wall

Aug 17, 2001, 10:15:58 PM8/17/01

"hannahs date at the 88s" <gur...@aol.comoItaly> wrote in message

> >Subject: Re: Americans Full of It?

> ONE FIFTH of a US gallon=25.7 ounces

> liter = 160/4.55=35.16 ounces
>
> half a fifth is a mickey
>
> quarter of a fifth is a pony
>
> 1/16th of a fifth is a miniature
>
> goodness knows what one eighth of a fifth is
>
> a semiquaver????????????

~~~~> Splitting sides here!

Di<~~who quavers on a mere whiff!

Michael Fanner

Aug 18, 2001, 1:02:34 AM8/18/01
In article <20010817213406...@mb-cp.aol.com>,

hannahs date at the 88s <gur...@aol.comoItaly> wrote:
> goodness knows what one eighth of a fifth is

A fortieth?

2½%?

Not very much?

Actually Carl if your going for a musical theme, I suggest a 'semi*breve*'

It sounds more like something a real man would ask for.

"Gimme a semibreve o' redeye, NOW"

M.

Robert W. McKibben

Aug 26, 2001, 12:10:44 AM8/26/01

"John (that Alaska guy)" wrote:

> Last Tuesday was a very good day....

As was Thursday the 16th thru Sat. the 25th.
Robert