To Jewish a.f.ers

CoFarb

Apr 16, 2003, 4:56:46 PM4/16/03
May you have a joyous celebration of the Exodus. Freedom is always in
style.
cofarb

J Rogow

Apr 16, 2003, 5:26:22 PM4/16/03
"CoFarb" <do...@cofarb.com> wrote in message

> May you have a joyous celebration of the Exodus. Freedom is always in
> style.
> cofarb

May we all celebrate next year in a *peaceful* Jerusalem.

Shalom

Judith

EMiriamD

Apr 16, 2003, 5:42:25 PM4/16/03
A "zissen" (sweet) Pesach (Passover), fellow Jews.

EMiriamD

"No fashion is ever a success unless it is used as a form of seduction."
-- Christian Dior

Tom

Apr 16, 2003, 7:39:56 PM4/16/03
J Rogow <JRo...@spammenotnewsguy.com> wrote:

> May we all celebrate next year in a *peaceful* Jerusalem.

A lovely wish! Would you mind if a sha^H^H^H goy joins in the same wish for
you?

Tom Parsons

t...@panix.com | Every so often, we pass laws
| repealing human nature.
http://www.panix.com/~twp | --Howard Lindsay

kthy

Apr 16, 2003, 7:58:30 PM4/16/03
>From: Tom t...@panix.com

>^H^H^H

Maybe this is coming out differently on AOL than it is supposed to look, but
what does that mean, Tom?

Stevie

Apr 16, 2003, 8:39:23 PM4/16/03
Happy Passover to you all
Stevie

">

ahmward

Apr 16, 2003, 8:42:31 PM4/16/03
Happy Passover
Audrey

Linda Flake

Apr 16, 2003, 9:10:23 PM4/16/03

"CoFarb" <do...@cofarb.com> wrote in message
> May you have a joyous celebration of the Exodus. Freedom is always in
> style.
> cofarb

I'm not Jewish but I stand with you in spirit.

Linda in Big D

Charlie Perrin

Apr 16, 2003, 10:29:06 PM4/16/03

>>From: Tom t...@panix.com

>>^H^H^H

^H - geek for "backspace" when you want it to be apparent.

kthy

Apr 16, 2003, 10:33:24 PM4/16/03
>From: Charlie Perrin c.l.pe...@att.net

>^H - geek for "backspace" when you want it to be apparent.

Cool. Yp, Tm tld m by ml.

AJ

Apr 16, 2003, 11:22:37 PM4/16/03

"ahmward" <ahm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Happy Passover
> Audrey

From me too!

--AJ

Lily

Apr 17, 2003, 12:58:08 AM4/17/03
Happy Passover from me too.

Lily

Charlie Perrin

Apr 17, 2003, 2:17:13 AM4/17/03
On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:56:46 -0400, "CoFarb" <do...@cofarb.com> wrote:

>May you have a joyous celebration of the Exodus.
>Freedom is always in style.

And don't forget... "The Ten Commandments" will be on TV Sunday night!

kthy

Apr 17, 2003, 2:20:09 AM4/17/03
>From: Charlie Perrin c.l.pe...@att.net

>And don't forget... "The Ten Commandments" will be on TV Sunday night!

Written by the Finger of God.

Charlie Perrin

Apr 17, 2003, 7:16:49 AM4/17/03

>>From: Charlie Perrin c.l.pe...@att.net

I distinctly remember seeing "Edited for Television" at the beginning
the last time they showed it. At least they didn't cut it back to
seven or eight commandments. <grin/duck>

rosie readandpost

Apr 17, 2003, 9:02:30 AM4/17/03

HAPPY PASSOVER
--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

Vicki in DC

Apr 17, 2003, 9:39:17 AM4/17/03
"Linda Flake" <lef...@gte.net> wrote in message news:<3anna.8423$ok3...@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>...

As do I. Happy passover, everyone!

Vicki in DC

MoonFancy

Apr 17, 2003, 1:12:24 PM4/17/03
Happy Passover to all my Jewish friends. What do y'all do on Passover? What
are some of the traditions? Any special foods? I've always enjoyed learning
things about religion. I'm Catholic, and tomorrow (Good Friday) I'm going to
fast fairly strictly and go to The Stations of the Cross at church. -- Beckie

J Rogow

Apr 17, 2003, 12:58:30 PM4/17/03
Thank you all.

MoonFancy

Apr 17, 2003, 2:24:17 PM4/17/03
>This is a good source for the traditional meaning of Passover:
>http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/5493/traditions.html

Thanks, Judith! Enjoy your honey cakes. :) -- Beckie

kthy

Apr 17, 2003, 4:54:03 PM4/17/03
>From: Charlie Perrin c.l.pe...@att.net

>I distinctly remember seeing "Edited for Television" at the beginning
>the last time they showed it. At least they didn't cut it back to
>seven or eight commandments. <grin/duck>

The world does that on their own.

Jeanne

Apr 17, 2003, 5:02:17 PM4/17/03
Happy Passover!

Jeanne

Dr. Sooz

Apr 17, 2003, 6:25:25 PM4/17/03
Happy Passover!
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Those who abandon their dreams will discourage yours.

kayper

Apr 17, 2003, 7:02:48 PM4/17/03
Happy Holidays -- Jewish and Christian -- to of all
of you! Freedom is always worth celebrating, especially
these days. kayper, who has been instructing the little
human in the house about Jewish people and what they
eat and the holidays they celebrate and why (though that
goes over her head sometimes.) And that it's the *food*
that's called "kosher," not the people. And that not *every*
"K" on a package stands for "kosher," and no, the "circle R"
next to the brand name of a product has nothing to do with
whether various groups of people can eat it, and that her
checking every item the I put in the basket for the"Triangle
K" when we're grocery shopping greatly increases the
inconvenience of the time spent doing it. ;=)

CoFarb

Apr 17, 2003, 6:43:51 PM4/17/03

"kthy" <kthy...@aol.com> wrote in message

Yeah, like, y'know, that one about adultery is sooooo outdated.

Charlie Perrin

Apr 18, 2003, 12:41:04 AM4/18/03
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:43:51 -0400, "CoFarb" <do...@cofarb.com> wrote:

>Yeah, like, y'know, that one about adultery is sooooo outdated.

And why oh why do they call it ADULTery when it's "fooling around like
kids?" <grin/duck>

Charlie Perrin

Apr 18, 2003, 12:43:51 AM4/18/03
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:02:48 GMT, kayper <kar...@attbi.com> wrote:

>kayper, who has been instructing the little human in
>the house about Jewish people and what they
>eat and the holidays they celebrate and why (though that
>goes over her head sometimes.) And that it's the *food*
>that's called "kosher," not the people. And that not *every*
>"K" on a package stands for "kosher," and no, the "circle R"
>next to the brand name of a product has nothing to do with
>whether various groups of people can eat it

Tell the little human that the "circle R" indicates that a lawyer can
eat you alive for coming out with a product with the same name.
<grin/duck>

kthy

Apr 18, 2003, 3:00:41 AM4/18/03
>From: Charlie Perrin c.l.pe...@att.net

While her husband is taking care of that commandment, she should concentrate on
the one that says, "Thou shalt not bear false witness," and "Thou shalt not
covet thy neighbor's, etc."
Anyone want to comment on Infantry?;-)

PelikkkanPoint

Apr 18, 2003, 10:10:28 AM4/18/03
>Subject: Re: To Jewish a.f.ers
>From: kthy...@aol.com (kthy)
>Date: 4/18/03 12:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time

Your husband committed adultry, you just ruined his family and his career.
Saying you have been his wife 23 years is false wittness isn't it?

Legal eagleview

Apr 18, 2003, 12:48:53 PM4/18/03
As with every Jewish holiday....they tried to kill us....we won.....let's
eat!!

Happy and peaceful Passover!

Userb3

Apr 18, 2003, 1:05:03 PM4/18/03
legalea...@aol.com (Legal eagleview) wrote in

> As with every Jewish holiday....they tried to kill us....we
> won.....let's eat!!

Seldom have I seen 5000 years of history wrapped up so elegantly and
succintly. Nice job.

kthy

Apr 18, 2003, 3:17:04 PM4/18/03
>From: legalea...@aol.com (Legal eagleview)

>As with every Jewish holiday....they tried to kill us....we won.....let's
>eat!!

Every group has been through something like this, from Christians, Armenians,
Blacks, rich people, poor people, women, men, you name it. If there are hate
groups, they will find someone to hate. You'd think it would teach people to
be kind, but they don't learn. Hate is never justified, although some people
try to give reasons. Heck, we even have it on here.

EMiriamD

Apr 18, 2003, 4:26:17 PM4/18/03
> Passover Honey Cake

Sounds like a terrific recipe but I am more partial to flourless chocolate
cakes on Passover.

Instead of my usual sandwiches, I bring sandwiches made of egg matzoh and
farmer cheese to work. It's the only time of the year that I eat farmer cheese
(sprinkled generously with salt and pepper), so it feels fun and festive and
tasty, if a bit crumbly.

EMiriamD

"No fashion is ever a success unless it is used as a form of seduction."
-- Christian Dior

CoFarb

Apr 18, 2003, 6:42:29 PM4/18/03

"kthy" <kthy...@aol.com> wrote in message

Yeah, the bullshit schoolyard bickering on a.f. is oh-so-much like, say, the
Holocaust. (Waves/hugs/kisses to AJ, <aka Hitler>, Randee <aka Stalin>,
etc.)

cofarb
p.s. Now that I've invoked the Holocaust, we can end this thread, yes?
(What's it called? Godwin's Law?)

CoFarb

Apr 18, 2003, 6:44:26 PM4/18/03

"EMiriamD" <emir...@aol.com> wrote in message

I just finished the leftovers of a killer "cake" I made for Wednesday
night's seder. It consisted of chocolate, butter and eggs. Topped with
sweetened whipped cream, of course.

cofarb

Maladicta1

Apr 18, 2003, 7:13:48 PM4/18/03

So true. How presumptious of us Jews to feel there's anything unique or
special in our history. We all stand corrected.

Trilby

Apr 18, 2003, 7:38:35 PM4/18/03

Happy Passover and Happy Easter to all. May you delight in feasting,
finery, and the happy faces of those you love.

Priscilla

--
ps...@midway.uchicago.edu "Here comes the most beautiful woman in puppetland!"

Michele317

Apr 19, 2003, 10:20:05 PM4/19/03
>> Every group has been through something like this, from Christians,
>Armenians,
>> Blacks, rich people, poor people, women, men, you name it. If there are
>hate
>> groups, they will find someone to hate. You'd think it would teach people
>> be kind, but they don't learn. Hate is never justified, although some
>people
>> try to give reasons. Heck, we even have it on here.
>>

>Yeah, the bullshit schoolyard bickering on a.f. is oh-so-much like, say,
>the
>Holocaust. (Waves/hugs/kisses to AJ, <aka Hitler>, Randee <aka Stalin>,
>etc.)
>
>cofarb

dammit cofarb, i wrote a reeeeeally long excoriation of 'someone' who decreed
that her problem of 'nobody wikes me on af' was akin to 9/11, and i don't even
get to be likened to a murderous dictator? what do i have to do to get some
respect around here???
michele, catholic chick who always found the afikomen at every seder and wishes
everyone the happiest of holidays....