Pennsylvania

Christy Hipchen

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
well, western PA has some things going for it as well. i love living in
pittsburgh. it's a very friendly city, low cost of living, and we've
got some great diverse restaruants. as far as shopping, we have a
sephora, which carries nars, stila, lorac, benefit, longo, and others.
the staff there practically knows me and will pull items off the shelf
and hold them for me with just a phone call. the major dept. stores,
saks and kaufmann's leave something to be desired. i used to think we
had no stylish boutiques until i delved a little deeper. on walnut st.
(where sephora is) there is a store called maxalto which carries D&G,
betsey johnson, etc. the attitude of the staff is very snobby though.
across the street there is eb pepper, which has some great stuff,
including kate spade bags. in the galleria there is a store that has a
great selection of nicole miller. the south side has great thrift store
shopping. and we are only an hour from the grove city outlets, which i
love (ann taylor, jcrew, esprit, polo (are those towels great or what),
dkny, guess, all the sneaker brands, etc.) if pittsburgh could just get
a nordstroms or some other high end dept. store (which was rumoured to
happen in the next millenium), it would be perfect. except for the
loooong distance to nyc (i've done the 9 hr. greyhoud trip more than i
care to remember.) i heard a rumour that we were getting lord & taylor
instead of nordstoms. blech. we already have a may co. dept store
(kaufmanns)

if anyone ever needs any pittsburgh rec's, (shopping or food & drinks,
my other specialty) let me know!

-christy

EXC JO ANN

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
well, western PA has some things going for it as well. i love living in
>pittsburgh. it's a very friendly city, low cost of living, and we've

and, Christy, don't forget the Panini
sandwich you told me about (or at least
I think it was you) - and of course my
very favorite restaurant - Le Mont.

Jo Ann @ Exclusively Jo Ann
http://www.exclusivelyjoann.com/

Amber Ermlick

Jul 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/1/99
Speaking of sandwiches, you haven't lived until you have eaten a Primanti Bros.
sandwich. :) Personally, I think that Pittsburgh is a very underrated city.
It annoys me to no end that when many people in the Northeast think
Pennsylvania=Philadelphia. And I agree that we need a Nordstrom's. Saks needs
a little competition. ;)

Charles L. Perrin

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
On 01 Jul 1999 23:46:52 GMT, boadi...@aol.com (Amber Ermlick) wrote:

>It annoys me to no end that when many people in the Northeast think
>Pennsylvania=Philadelphia.

No, that's "Pennsylvania = Ridley Park." (Helicopter capital of
Pennsylvania.)

>And I agree that we need a Nordstrom's.

I suspect almost everyone needs a Nordie's.

Charles L. Perrin

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:06:47 -0400, Christy Hipchen
<ch...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

>well, western PA has some things going for it as well. i love living in
>pittsburgh. it's a very friendly city, low cost of living, and we've

>got some great diverse restaruants.

Another thing about Pittsburgh:

My Web site is on a Web hosting service in Pittsburgh:

http://sneakers.pair.com/

Aerogasm1

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
When I think Pennsylvania I usually think Amish people and Philly. Why? I'm in
very very very north Delaware (I'm 2 minutes from the border on basically all
sides of me) so that means I'm about 20 from Philly. At any rate, I think
Wilmington, De *desperately* needs a Nordies. My two local malls (Concord and
Christiana) are pathetic. Christiana has Lord and Taylor and a Macy's (halfway
decent stores), but that's it! Argh! We need Nordstroms! We need Saks! We need
Neiman Marcus! This is especially distressful for me and my mother because we
are Native New Yorkers and not used to this shopping draught! There is one
redeeming quality in Delaware shopping--tax free. Thank god my Loud and Tacky
has an (albeit small) Smashbox counter! And Timber is going to be there
tomorrow, YaY! If I always had to drive an hour to KoP for Smashbox I would
just die.

Best Wishes,
~A~

JSHeng1

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
Nah..when I think of my home state, I think Penn State Football!!!!!!!
Obviously a vice of mine...we lived about 30 minutes away from Beaver Stadium.
Imagine the looks I got when I picked up a PS tee shirt at a store down here
(sports store). These people just can't forget that we beat them for our first
national title..
Did the tee shirt comment keep me on topic? :-)
Heather

Charles L. Perrin

Jul 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/2/99
On 02 Jul 1999 12:36:24 GMT, jsh...@aol.com (JSHeng1) wrote:

>Nah..when I think of my home state, I think Penn State Football!!!!!!!

I remember a story about a co-worker of mine who came from
Pennsylvania... and was living in Alabama at the time. (He's in
Seattle now.)

Despite the Alabama license plates, he and his son were decked out in
Penn State clothing.... really had them stumped!