Visions `93 EPR #7 1/5

doc...@qedbbs.com

Sep 29, 1993, 5:14:21 AM9/29/93

* Carbon Copy:
* Original message to ALL in the rec.arts.tv. conference.

The following is the Electronic PR#7, plus updated info. just released
from Visions '93. -If you have any questions/suggestions, etc, please
reply or mail me, as I'm sort of the con's West Coast/Electronic
Liaison. <G> -A membership form appears at the end of this msg.

VISIONS '93 CONVENTION UPDATE #7 - Sept. 16, 1993

VISIONS '93

Celebrating 30 Years of Doctor Who

NOVEMBER 26-28, 1993 Chicago, Illinois

Hyatt Regency O'Hare Hotel, 9300 West Bryn Mawr Ave., Rosemont, IL 60018

EXPECTED CELEBRITY GUESTS*

from DOCTOR WHO:
Doctors: Peter Davison, Colin Baker
Companions: Carole Ann Ford [Susan], William Russell [Ian],
Frazer Hines [Jamie], Elizabeth Sladen [Sarah Jane Smith],
John Leeson [K-9], Nicola Bryant [Peri], Sophie Aldred [Ace]
Friends & Enemies: John Levene [Sgt. Benton], Anthony Ainley [The Master]
Authors & Historians: Jeremy Bentham, Jean-Marc Lofficier, John Peel
Production Staff: John Nathan-Turner

from RED DWARF: Danny John-Jules [Cat], Chris Barrie* [Rimmer]
from BLAKE'S SEVEN: Gareth Thomas [Blake], Jacqueline Pearce* [Servalan]
from ROBIN OF SHERWOOD: John Abineri, Jeremy Bulloch, Michael Praed*

* Note: These guests have not yet been confirmed.

Previously Announced but Unable to Come:
Sylvester McCoy, Nicholas Courtney, Brian Blessed, Verity Lambert,
BLAKE'S SEVEN's Michael Keating

Previously Announced but Indeterminate at Present:
Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee

Guests may cancel at any time due to conflicting professional
commitments.

*For the latest news, call the Visions hotline at 708-405-9461

SCHEDULED EVENTS (many running simultaneously)

Celebrity Q&A Sessions Art/Prop Show and Auction
Celebrity Autograph Sessions Charity Auction
Photographs with Celebrities Masquerade Ball
Celebrity Variety Show (extra $) Fan Panels and Workshops
Pro and Fan Dealers Rooms Two Large Video Rooms

Hours are not finalized at this time, but will probably be:

FRIDAY: 9:00am - midnight
SATURDAY: 9:00am - midnight
SUNDAY: 10:00am - 5:00pm

Our famous videos showcasing the work of our guests as well as other
rare British delights will run 24 hours a day and will start on Thursday
evening to give early arrivals something to do.

MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION

Membership Rates until 11/1/93: 3-day: $85 2-day: $75 1-day: $65
...after 11/1/93: 3-day: $100 2-day: $90 1-day: $80

Variety Show Ticket (numbered, first come first serve): $25 additional

(note that you can defer a decision on purchasing variety show tickets
until the convention, but the earlier numbered tickets will get the best
choice of seats.)

FOR THOSE WITH NO MONEY:
Dealers Room Only Pass: $5 per day, $10 for all 3 days

FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO MAKE AN ADDITIONAL CONTRIBUTION:
Contributing Membership: $75 additional (includes party with the guests)

FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT ATTEND (OR DON'T WANT TO WAIT IN LONG LINES):
Supporting Membership: $35 (gets you a program book signed by the
guests)
[ Continued In Next Message... ]

-- SPEED 1.30 [NR]: Chocolate is a serious thing! --Counselor Troi