[WWW] UTT gone?

Skip to the first unread message

sephigirl

1 Sept 2005, 11:36:2001/09/2005
It looks like the Utena Thumbnail Theater is gone! I kept getting an
"account suspended" screen and so, I'm thinking, she's gone. Dammit!

I would've saved her pages if'n I'd known . . .

I hope she gets another site going with those pages.

If anyone finds out anything, let me know.

~Katherine
AFU no Touga - Keeper of his Sexuality
~Mikage's Prince
~~(also)Touga's Prince and Akio's Prince(as needed)
Proud Member, Wakaba Genki Preservation Society
UtenaCode(1.1)U:6 F:To+++Ak++:pBR D:Sa<Na- - -> X:**:a[BR++]
M:f "Poison" "Akio Car" Mikage's Hits, "Toki Ni Ai Wa"
http://www.geocities.com/sephigirl/index.html
seph...@yahoo.com

Richard V. Lamb

1 Sept 2005, 23:29:2401/09/2005
"sephigirl" <seph...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> It looks like the Utena Thumbnail Theater is gone! I kept getting an
> "account suspended" screen and so, I'm thinking, she's gone. Dammit!

There is another page for her, if not for UTT:

http://isako.pitas.com/23_10_2004.html

From there, you can reach her livejournal page and her email.

> I would've saved her pages if'n I'd known . . .

I tried finding Google caches of them, but no luck. However, I was able to
access the episodes through archive.org:

http://web.archive.org/web/*sr_261nr_10/http://isako.org/*
http://web.archive.org/web/*sr_271nr_10/http://isako.org/*

All 17 episodes are available.

If all else fails, maybe we can get her permission to have Gio host them.
Of course, we'd have to get Gio's permission to host them, too.

> I hope she gets another site going with those pages.

Ditto. I was so looking forward to her finishing the series.

> If anyone finds out anything, let me know.

I think I just did. ^^
--
Vince Lamb
AFU no Shadow Play Girls

sp...@deathquaker.org

2 Sept 2005, 09:42:5702/09/2005

Richard V. Lamb wrote:
> "sephigirl" <seph...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > It looks like the Utena Thumbnail Theater is gone! I kept getting an
> > "account suspended" screen and so, I'm thinking, she's gone. Dammit!
>
> There is another page for her, if not for UTT:
>
> http://isako.pitas.com/23_10_2004.html
>
> From there, you can reach her livejournal page and her email.
>
> > I would've saved her pages if'n I'd known . . .
>
> I tried finding Google caches of them, but no luck. However, I was able to
> access the episodes through archive.org:
>
> http://web.archive.org/web/*sr_261nr_10/http://isako.org/*
> http://web.archive.org/web/*sr_271nr_10/http://isako.org/*
>
> All 17 episodes are available.
>
> If all else fails, maybe we can get her permission to have Gio host them.
> Of course, we'd have to get Gio's permission to host them, too.

I know my site's far less shiny than Gio's, but I'd be happy to host
them if she doesn't have the time. Of course, at the moment I'm still
lacking home internet access (got the computer, but it doesn't want to
connect to the Internet, or more accurately, the Internet doesn't want
to connect to it).

> > I hope she gets another site going with those pages.
>
> Ditto. I was so looking forward to her finishing the series.

I was losing hope that she was going to finish, but the episodes she
did were great.

Death Quaker!
Shiori's Prince
http://www.deathquaker.org

shanejayell

6 Sept 2005, 19:17:3406/09/2005
*sobs*

Nooo!

Well, at least there's the wayback machine....

Kevin Trainor

18 Sept 2005, 21:59:5518/09/2005
Yes. Well...maybe she can be talked into letting someone host. It sounds
like she's getting kinda hammered by bandwidth charges.

--
Kevin the Redneck Otaku,
AFU no Groundskeeper #2

UTENA: I see your frothing insanity and raise you a phallic yet lesbian
subtext.
KOZUE: Oh no! I'm allergic to lesbian phalluses!
-Utena Thumbnail Theater

Giovanna Spadaro

25 Sept 2005, 14:28:2525/09/2005

> > If all else fails, maybe we can get her permission to have Gio host
them.
> > Of course, we'd have to get Gio's permission to host them, too.
>
> I know my site's far less shiny than Gio's, but I'd be happy to host
> them if she doesn't have the time. Of course, at the moment I'm still
> lacking home internet access (got the computer, but it doesn't want to
> connect to the Internet, or more accurately, the Internet doesn't want
> to connect to it).

No worries, I'd happily host it. I have plenty of space and bandwidth, and
I'd hate to see yet another classic SKU site disappear. (Although I'm
tempted to add the requirement she finish the series...) Anyone know how to
contact her? It's not a lot of effort for me, I just need to make her an FTP
account and then she can run the site on her own as a subdomain off
ohtori.nu.

Giovanna

Kevin Trainor

25 Sept 2005, 16:06:3725/09/2005
I think someone pointed out her LJ a few posts up the thread. Her user
page has an e-mail address on it, and the e-mail i sent her didn't
bounce. The question now is whether she checks her mail in a timely
fashion, and judging from some of the posts on her LJ, she seems a bit
gunshy of strangers. Guess we'll see what happens.

Giovanna Spadaro

25 Sept 2005, 18:20:0825/09/2005

> > No worries, I'd happily host it. I have plenty of space and bandwidth,
and
> > I'd hate to see yet another classic SKU site disappear. (Although I'm
> > tempted to add the requirement she finish the series...) Anyone know how
> > contact her? It's not a lot of effort for me, I just need to make her an
FTP
> > account and then she can run the site on her own as a subdomain off
> > ohtori.nu.
> >
> I think someone pointed out her LJ a few posts up the thread. Her user
> page has an e-mail address on it, and the e-mail i sent her didn't
> bounce. The question now is whether she checks her mail in a timely
> fashion, and judging from some of the posts on her LJ, she seems a bit
> gunshy of strangers. Guess we'll see what happens.

I'm no stranger to Isa. I knew her waaaay back when I was an incredibly
embarrassing fangirl animu GENKI wannabe. I had to search google for that
post, since outlook doesn't seem to want to show it...but I've e-mailed her.

Giovanna

Kevin Trainor

26 Sept 2005, 08:16:2126/09/2005
Giovanna Spadaro wrote:
>>>No worries, I'd happily host it. I have plenty of space and bandwidth,
>
> and
>
>>>I'd hate to see yet another classic SKU site disappear. (Although I'm
>>>tempted to add the requirement she finish the series...) Anyone know how

>>>contact her? It's not a lot of effort for me, I just need to make her an
>
> FTP
>
>>>account and then she can run the site on her own as a subdomain off
>>>ohtori.nu.
>>>

>>I think someone pointed out her LJ a few posts up the thread. Her user
>>page has an e-mail address on it, and the e-mail i sent her didn't
>>bounce. The question now is whether she checks her mail in a timely
>>fashion, and judging from some of the posts on her LJ, she seems a bit
>>gunshy of strangers. Guess we'll see what happens.
>>

> I'm no stranger to Isa. I knew her waaaay back when I was an incredibly
> embarrassing fangirl animu GENKI wannabe. I had to search google for that
> post, since outlook doesn't seem to want to show it...but I've e-mailed her.

Cool. I hope this works out, because I miss UTT and the Wayback Machine
makes it look weird.