Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

How many Tolkien fans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

閲覧: 9 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Foo

未読、
2002/03/06 21:22:132002/03/06
To:
One to screw it in...
Nine to form a fellowship and carry the old one to the Cracks of Mount
Doom to destroy it...

One Bulb to rule them all
One Bulb to find them
One Bulb to bring them all
And in the darkness bind them!

hmm...
How many hobbits does it take to screw in a light bulb?
One stands on another's shoulder to reach the bulb, while several more
mill about looking for second breakfast...

think . o O ( Variations on a theme... any other good ones? )

Chris Kern

未読、
2002/03/07 0:11:322002/03/07

I think it takes eleven.

Three to argue about whether Tolkien's letters and unpublished
manuscripts prove that he had gotten rid of lightbulbs
Two to argue about whether the "light" in light bulbs is evidence of
racism
Two to argue about whether or not the word "bulb" is a metaphor or
simile, or whether an actual "bulb" exists
Three to complain about the inadequate representation of lightbulbs in
the movie
And one to actually screw it in.

-Chris

Janet Cone

未読、
2002/03/07 0:43:202002/03/07
To:
In article <3c86f5d8...@news.newsguy.com>, ke...@grinnell.edu
says...
Chris, you forgot the five fans who are discussing whether or not it has
wings...

Donald Shepherd

未読、
2002/03/07 0:38:472002/03/07
To:
In article <3c86f5d8...@news.newsguy.com>, Chris Kern
(ke...@grinnell.edu) says...

And 40-odd TEUNCs to make silly comments and not do anything about it.
--
*Dlanod*, *the* *Sparkly* *Nazgul*
Pimp of Morgoth

saurin the sorserer

未読、
2002/03/07 1:42:132002/03/07
To:
One Lampshade to rule them all,
One Lampshade to find them,
One Lampshade to bring them all

And in the darkness bind them!

How many hobbits does it take to operate a dimmer switch?
None. They're too busy drawing short straws.

How many hobbits does it take to burst a bubble?
One to read the rules and nine to stick the pins in.

How do you get two whales in a mini?
Drive there.

One Point to start them all,
One Point to make them,
One Point to end them all
And in a moment take them!

未読、
2002/03/07 4:26:112002/03/07
To:
Does the bulb have wings or no wings ???

Michael O'Neill

未読、
2002/03/07 6:32:482002/03/07

Let us know if you find *any* good ones...

<shakes head>

Don't give up the day job.

M.

MAG

未読、
2002/03/07 10:22:052002/03/07

"Janet Cone" <la...@zfree.co.nz> wrote

> Chris, you forgot the five fans who are discussing whether or not it has
> wings...

Err..uhhh... why'd the Balrog cross the bridge?

Because he couldn't fly!

((((puts head on desk and solemnly writes off a career in comedy))))))

Flame of the West

未読、
2002/03/07 4:50:262002/03/07
To:
Chris Kern wrote:

> Two to argue about whether the "light" in light bulbs is evidence of
> racism

ROTFL! Almost fell out my seat!

--

-- FotW

Reality is for those who cannot cope with Middle-earth.

David Wall

未読、
2002/03/07 16:44:172002/03/07

The part about metaphor and simile was a reference to balrogs, I
think. At least that's how I took it.

No, I insist! He meant balrogs, you bulb-believing cretin, and if
you disagree, then you're a blithering idiot who couldn't read their
way out of a one-room maze with huge signs pointing to the exit.
"Bulb" is obviously a metaphor for balrog wings. Metaphor, ok? Look
it up! Yes, I DO know what he was thinking -- it's bloody obvious!
sheesh....

/me grins and runs away...

--
David K. Wall - dar...@one.net
"Oook."

Beeblebear

未読、
2002/03/07 19:38:352002/03/07

MAG <gold...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

I may currently be drunk - but LOL
Chris Lyth (cl...@ifis.org.uk)
As the evening sky faded from a salmon colour to a sort of flint
grey, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, and
how grey he was, and how I named him Flint.

Smaug69

未読、
2002/03/08 23:12:172002/03/08
To:
From somewhere over there, Michael O'Neill <o...@indigo.ie>, mumbled
incoherently:

That would be replacing light bulbs, I presume.

--------
I am a matador with my leaf blower!

Smaug69

未読、
2002/03/08 23:16:102002/03/08
To:
From somewhere over there, Flame of the West
<jsolina...@erols.com>, mumbled incoherently:

>Chris Kern wrote:
>
>> Two to argue about whether the "light" in light bulbs is evidence of
>> racism
>
>ROTFL! Almost fell out my seat!

Seriously, though<doing best Nat X impersonation>, why are light bulbs
(and light) white? And why is dark- which is black and the absence of
light- always considered bad? Why? 'Cause the MAN made it that way.

paulh

未読、
2002/03/09 1:42:432002/03/09

Cos primitive humans were a daytime species with little ability to
hunt/defend at night. Our eyes are good but not night adapted and our
other senses are poor.
So ancient humans huddled in caves and on branches listening to the
howls of the night predators, and awaited dawn..

If we were descended from Owls we'd probably see it differently.

paulh

Bryan S. Slick

未読、
2002/03/09 3:16:552002/03/09
To:
[paulh]
[Sat, 09 Mar 2002 06:42:43 GMT]

:On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 04:16:10 GMT, smau...@xxcarolina.rrxx.com

Oh good God.

Ladies and gentlemen... paulh, Most Humorless Man on Usenet.

--
Bryan S. Slick, bryan at slick-family dot net

"To those who preserve it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never
know."

paulh

未読、
2002/03/09 3:48:152002/03/09
To:
On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 03:16:55 -0500, Bryan S. Slick
>:>>Chris Kern wrote:
>:>>
>:>>> Two to argue about whether the "light" in light bulbs is evidence of
>:>>> racism
>:>>
>:>>ROTFL! Almost fell out my seat!
>:>
>:>Seriously, though<doing best Nat X impersonation>, why are light bulbs
>:>(and light) white? And why is dark- which is black and the absence of
>:>light- always considered bad? Why? 'Cause the MAN made it that way.
>:
>:Cos primitive humans were a daytime species with little ability to
>:hunt/defend at night. Our eyes are good but not night adapted and our
>:other senses are poor.
>:So ancient humans huddled in caves and on branches listening to the
>:howls of the night predators, and awaited dawn..
>:
>:If we were descended from Owls we'd probably see it differently.
>:
>:paulh
>
>Oh good God.
>
>Ladies and gentlemen... paulh, Most Humorless Man on Usenet.

Whats a Nat X Impersonation anyway?

I don't understand!!!

paulh

Smaug69

未読、
2002/03/10 11:11:212002/03/10
To:
paulh <pa...@fahncahn.com> wrote in message news:<9n8i8uosskr255ih9...@4ax.com>...

Saturday Night Live...Chris Rock character...Big Afro...black power...hilarious...

Smaug69

paulh

未読、
2002/03/10 11:33:142002/03/10
To:
On 10 Mar 2002 08:11:21 -0800, sma...@yahoo.com (Smaug69) wrote:
>> >:Cos primitive humans were a daytime species with little ability to
>> >:hunt/defend at night. Our eyes are good but not night adapted and our
>> >:other senses are poor.
>> >:So ancient humans huddled in caves and on branches listening to the
>> >:howls of the night predators, and awaited dawn..
>> >:
>> >:If we were descended from Owls we'd probably see it differently.
>> >:
>> >:paulh
>> >
>> >Oh good God.
>> >
>> >Ladies and gentlemen... paulh, Most Humorless Man on Usenet.
>>
>> Whats a Nat X Impersonation anyway?
>>
>> I don't understand!!!
>
>Saturday Night Live...Chris Rock character...Big Afro...black power...hilarious...
>
>Smaug69

I've heard of SNL and Chris Rock.
Never see either I don't think....mebbe Chris Rock.
But I guess parochial jokes dont work well on Usenet.

paulh

Bryan S. Slick

未読、
2002/03/10 13:16:232002/03/10
To:
[paulh]
[Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:33:14 GMT]

:>Saturday Night Live...Chris Rock character...Big Afro...black power...hilarious...

:>
:>Smaug69
:
:I've heard of SNL and Chris Rock.
:Never see either I don't think....mebbe Chris Rock.
:But I guess parochial jokes dont work well on Usenet.
:
:paulh

Well, you certainly don't. ;)

paulh

未読、
2002/03/10 13:40:132002/03/10
To:
On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:16:23 -0500, Bryan S. Slick

>[paulh]
>[Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:33:14 GMT]
>
>:>Saturday Night Live...Chris Rock character...Big Afro...black power...hilarious...
>:>
>:>Smaug69
>:
>:I've heard of SNL and Chris Rock.
>:Never see either I don't think....mebbe Chris Rock.
>:But I guess parochial jokes dont work well on Usenet.
>:
>:paulh
>
>Well, you certainly don't. ;)

STILL waiting for your backdown to Conrad..

Moral Hypocrite...

paulh

Bryan S. Slick

未読、
2002/03/10 13:52:552002/03/10
To:
[paulh]
[Sun, 10 Mar 2002 18:40:13 GMT]

:On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:16:23 -0500, Bryan S. Slick

You have no idea what you're even talking about, do you?

Roast in Hell, fool.

paulh

未読、
2002/03/10 15:07:542002/03/10
To:
On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:52:55 -0500, Bryan S. Slick
>:>:I've heard of SNL and Chris Rock.
>:>:Never see either I don't think....mebbe Chris Rock.
>:>:But I guess parochial jokes dont work well on Usenet.
>:>:
>:>:paulh
>:>
>:>Well, you certainly don't. ;)
>:
>:STILL waiting for your backdown to Conrad..
>:
>:Moral Hypocrite...
>:
>:paulh
>
>You have no idea what you're even talking about, do you?
>
>Roast in Hell, fool.

Still waiting...

You have a nice day...

paulh