JAKE LLOYD termed Hollywood Brat~

RTJoby

Nov 24, 2001, 6:03:48 AM11/24/01
OMG !! This is nuts !
I found this article of JAKE LLOYD at IMDB:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jake Lloyd Infuriates Co-Stars

STAR WARS child star JAKE LLOYD has infuriated co-stars on his latest flick
with his "spoiled and brat-like" behaviour. The 11-year-old actor, who played
ANAKIN SKYWALKER in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999), has been
behaving like a "little menace" on the set of his new flick Madison (2000) -
refusing to sign autographs and intentionally disrupting filming. An eye
witness says, "Jake has been bratty with everyone. He has refused to sign
posters for kids on the set. "When he wasn't on camera he made loud noises
which interrupted filming. Worst of all he stuck clothespins all over his face
that left red marks. When he had to film the entire production had to wait
while make up people covered the marks. Hopefully he'll grow up."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

William/ MuckTheDuck

Nov 24, 2001, 9:49:55 AM11/24/01
Sounds like Jake is giving indications that he loves being there and
wants to show his appreiation to all.

What a swell kid.... he is an example to others on how to behave in the
Hollywood system.

Love,
William

RTJoby

Nov 24, 2001, 11:47:48 AM11/24/01

I guess that article explains why he is getting soooooo many roles offered his
way.
;)

Evidently he is one of those kids who is being pushed to do movies----but has
found the way to outsmart them on how to get out of it.

Owen Management

Nov 24, 2001, 2:19:16 PM11/24/01
This may be why his mom decided to move to Iowa and put him on indefinate
hiatus.

Da2kus

Nov 24, 2001, 4:59:46 PM11/24/01
First off, that article is old news and it's unfair to Jake to bring it
up now. Madison was filmed in 1999. "Jake Lloyd the brat" makes headlines
and
everyone's looking for kid actors to go bad. We'll probably be hearing it
about
the Potter cast pretty soon.

Jake's family moved back to their home in Colorado, to keep Jake from
getting caught up in the Hollywood scene, back in 1999. He's friends
with his Pretender co-star, Ryan Merriman, and seems to be following
Ryan's example.

One of the factors in Jake not getting work right now (if he's even trying)
is that he's definately in an awkward stage. At eight when he did Episode 1,
he was already was a big kid (he makes Mike Angarano look like a preschooler
in that Star Wars audition video, and Mike's 1 1/2 years older than him).
In a more recent pic I saw of him, he just about as tall as his mom, and
well, definately not a cute little
kid anymore. There's no way he can play younger and after doing Star Wars,
he can't
exactly go back to doing commercials and guest appearances, can he?

"RTJoby" <rtj...@aol.com> wrote in message

Hadrian

Nov 24, 2001, 6:41:17 PM11/24/01
Da2kus wrote:

> One of the factors in Jake not getting work right now (if he's even trying)
> is that he's definately in an awkward stage.

Perhaps the fact that he can't act has something to do with it?

Robert Hart

Nov 24, 2001, 6:58:28 PM11/24/01
Da2kus <da2...@usa.net> wrote:
: First off, that article is old news and it's unfair to Jake to bring it

: up now. Madison was filmed in 1999. "Jake Lloyd the brat" makes headlines
: and
: everyone's looking for kid actors to go bad. We'll probably be hearing it
: about
: the Potter cast pretty soon.

The source of the article is a London tabloid news service. On of their
specialties is supplying news bites for radio disc jockeys. Everyplace I
found the article quoted gave IMDB as the source. So much for ever
trusting anything I read at IMDB. They will evidently quote anybody and
consider their little disclaimer their immunity from responsibility.

: Jake's family moved back to their home in Colorado, to keep Jake from

: getting caught up in the Hollywood scene, back in 1999. He's friends
: with his Pretender co-star, Ryan Merriman, and seems to be following
: Ryan's example.

: One of the factors in Jake not getting work right now (if he's even trying)
: is that he's definately in an awkward stage. At eight when he did Episode 1,
: he was already was a big kid (he makes Mike Angarano look like a preschooler
: in that Star Wars audition video, and Mike's 1 1/2 years older than him).
: In a more recent pic I saw of him, he just about as tall as his mom, and
: well, definately not a cute little
: kid anymore. There's no way he can play younger and after doing Star Wars,
: he can't
: exactly go back to doing commercials and guest appearances, can he?

IMDB does list 3 films since Star Wars. I'd consider that busy. Most of
my favorite actors don't work that often. Something I just came across
that I hadn't realized is that he was the voice of Tails in a Sonic
the Hedgehog game.

If Jake Lloyd did have an attitude, its nothing compared to the attitude
I saw all over the internet after Phantom Menace was released. What
should have been the highlight of the kid's life instead made him the most
hated little boy on the planet.

If I drew up a spectrum of directors who work well with kids Shyamalan and
a handful of others would be grouped at one end and Lucas would be all
by his lonesome at the other. Jake got Lucas. Too bad for him.

-Rob

: "RTJoby" <rtj...@aol.com> wrote in message

:>
:>
:>
:>

Robert Hart

Nov 24, 2001, 7:13:54 PM11/24/01
Hadrian <ad76...@earthlink.net> wrote:

I thought he was very good in Jingle All the Way, the only other film
thing I've seen him in besides Phantom Menace. And if "yipeee" was such a
bad line its the director's job to change it. Just one of many criticisms
of Jake's "acting". I call it a criticism of Lucas.

I haven't seen the screen tests for Phantom Menace but they were on the
net forever and are on the DVD. I've heard that Jake's delivery is
completely different and much much better in the screen test than in the
film. This also makes me vote for "George can't direct people" over "Jake
can't act".

-Rob

DONTBLAMECHRIS

Nov 24, 2001, 7:28:36 PM11/24/01
my thoughts are: Give 'em Hell, Jake! He's a great actor and if you dont like
him, there're plenty more to admire out there.

Da2kus

Nov 24, 2001, 7:40:02 PM11/24/01
Jake has been terrific in many of the others roles he's had. He's not a bad
actor. George Lucas isn't good at directing actors or writing dialogue,
especially lines like "Yippee" and the whole midi-cholorians scene with
Quigon are terrible. I think it's also all the bad press
leading to the release of the film. There was an article in Entertainment
Weekly six months before Episode I came out calling him Mannakin Skywalker.
Jake was 8 years old, he was being told exactly what to do by George Lucas,
so his lack of emotion (ie not crying when leaving his mom or whatever) was
Lucas' decision. And I also heard that most of his lines were looped later
(recorded in a studio), so that George Lucas could get the exact line
reading he wanted (Jake wasn't very good at this, from what I've read). And
the SW fanboys don't like Anakin to begin with. Seeing evil Darth Vader as
a sweet little kid annoys them. And their complaining about Hayden
Christiansen has already started.

What I don't understand is why jake gets all the bad wrap for being terrible
when Natalie Portman was just as bad. Her performance was nothing special,
and there's been just as many stories about her acting up on the set as
there was about Jake on the set of Madison. Yet no one will critize her.

As for the Anakin auditions, there's two different versions of them on the
DVD. First is the original Anakin casting documentary from the Lynne's
Diaries series on StarWars.com where Jake is so much better than the other
kids it's obvious why he was cast. He delievers the lines better than he
does in the film during the audition. And the other kids are terrible.

But in the new documentary that came with the DVD, they show Jake messing up
time and time again. I'm not sure if they're trying to say they shouldn't
have cast Jake and are trying to make fun of him, or which version of the
audition was true.

"Robert Hart" <rwh...@panix.com> wrote in message

chris pollard

Nov 24, 2001, 10:51:13 PM11/24/01
Hadrian <ad76...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<3C003073...@earthlink.net>...

No one could act in PM. Veteran actors did not show their craft under
Lucas' direction.

Jake will never win any acting award, but he is a better actor than
people give him credit for. Take a look of the audition section
included in DVD and compare the same scene in audition and in movie.
Jake was much better there than the scene that made into the movie.

Chris

Matt Wood

Nov 25, 2001, 3:08:24 AM11/25/01
o what a ungratful lil brat!!!!! one good movie and it all go to his head.
anmd he cant even act in that either. yes i know it true becuse i read story
too of he wrecking up a theater he saw a movie at climbing over seats
throwing
popcorm at screen just like he own the place. he is a little brat is all and
need to have his little butt kicked. i could tell in interview he present
too
much attitude like he think he it and he not. good let his mom take the
little
phantim menace home where he belong. believe what you want. you people dont
know what i know. and i know its true. your proof is that jake will never
act
in another movie again because nobody wants the tyrant from hell.

Robert Hart

Nov 25, 2001, 3:45:49 AM11/25/01
Matt Wood <matt...@mailandnews.com> wrote:
: o what a ungratful lil brat!!!!! one good movie and it all go to his head.

The film where he was reportedly a brat was Madison.
From IMDB:

Die with Me (2001) .... Mikey Cooper
Madison (2000) .... Mike McCormick

Note the dates. So much for your proof.

-Rob

Doug Giffin

Nov 25, 2001, 12:52:39 PM11/25/01
Welll, just to throw my opinion in... I think Jake is a tremendously
underrated actor, and I read that he was very friendly and signed LOTS of
autographs while filming MADISON.

RTJoby

Nov 25, 2001, 2:17:27 PM11/25/01
>Welll, just to throw my opinion in... I think Jake is a tremendously
>underrated actor, and I read that he was very friendly and signed LOTS of
>autographs while filming MADISON.

Frankly, I don't even know why a International World News Network would even
print or post a story like that if they claim to be a new service---or why the
IMDB would even consider putting it in their News Section on Jake.
Since when have antics on a movie set been news ????
Do you know how many antics are done on nearly every movie set in Hollywood?
Nearly every star does them.
The cast of Harry Potter has already talked and laughed about the ones they
did.
Haley Joel Osment talks about the one's he and his co-stars (adults---not kids)
on several occasions.
It isn't only kids doing it since adults (John Travolta, Tom Cruise, Bruce
Willis, the list goes on & on) talks about them in interviews all the time. A
lot of times, it's one of the main topics discussed on shows like Leno,
Letterman, Rosie, etc

Although putting clothes pins on one's face is a bit bizzarre since one is
physically hurting themself more than production but I don't think Jake is any
different than any other boy or adult for that matter and certainly IS NOT a
tyrant.

As for Jake's move back home to Colorado---it had nothing to do with his
career----but instead his mother's.
She is a teacher and had been transferred to Santa Monica, CA.
As it turned out, they didn't like it there as much as they liked it back home
and wanted to return. That was how Jake landed the role in his last movie. It
was a very low budget movie which was filmed right near his home town in
Denver.

After Star Wars, Jake also landed a role in the film CAULDRON OF BLOOD based on
the life of someone famous (can't think of who at the moment) but Jake was to
play the title character as a boy. However, as it turned out production was
cancelled.
Not sure if this was before he moved back to Colorado or not---since he was
going to be playing the person at 9 to 10 years old.

Likem

Nov 25, 2001, 3:15:19 PM11/25/01
On 25 Nov 2001 19:17:27 GMT, rtj...@aol.com (RTJoby) wrote:

>After Star Wars, Jake also landed a role in the film CAULDRON OF BLOOD based on
>the life of someone famous (can't think of who at the moment) but Jake was to
>play the title character as a boy.

Jake was going to play the Cauldron of Blood as a boy??? <BG>

Likem

Matt Wood

Nov 25, 2001, 5:30:44 PM11/25/01
>Frankly, I don't even know why a International World News Network would even
>print or post a story like that if they claim to be a new service---or why
the
>IMDB would even consider putting it in their News Section on Jake.
>Since when have antics on a movie set been news ????
>Do you know how many antics are done on nearly every movie set in Hollywood?
>Nearly every star does them.

you ignorant dipshit! you posted the news post & dont even know what u
posted!
it says Jake Lloyd is a tyrant from hell causing the cast & crew misery to
hold up production and rude to his fans by not singing autos for them not
nothing about on the set antics. that means it all went to the brats fat
pumpkin head. Jake Lloyd needs to have his ass raped by a preacher & thrown
in a drainage ditch left for dead! see if that makes the headlines! stay in
idaho or colorado Jake or wherever the hell u r! we dont need no more of ur
crutty stupid retarded lookin acting. & anyone who likes him think he can
act
need to get seriuos help!

Maddog

Nov 25, 2001, 6:07:51 PM11/25/01
Matt Wood <matt...@MailAndNews.com> wrote:

1. While I agree that RT's last post seemingly contradicts his thread
starter it's no reason for name calling.

2. I also think the suggestion you made about the Preacher is just way
out of line.

3. The line "anyone who likes him think he can
act need to get seriuos help" really shows a lack of maturity. You
seem to be unwilling to accept someone elses view.

4. I'll never be confused with an English Major, anybody who visits my
site knows this, but I'd be embarassed to post this message.

5. Kids visit this group, some of them may be actors, do you really
think that kind of language, and suggestions is necessary?

6. My view on Jake's acting ability is irrelevant, so don't ask.

Maddog

http://www.staroasis.com/

RTJoby

Nov 25, 2001, 11:28:02 PM11/25/01
>1. While I agree that RT's last post seemingly contradicts his thread
>starter it's no reason for name calling. >

Sorry, Maddog---but I did not give any opinion in the thread starter.
I simply said "This was nutty!"
I still think the article is nutty & my last post should pretty much tell why.
So there is no contradiction. I'm a Jake Lloyd fan as a lot of people here
know & have every Collectible I could find of him as Anakin.
Do I think he did what the article said?
Yea, but that just shows me he is a normal boy who probably doesn't even want
to be in Hollywood. I'm sure he has a lot more fun being 12 years old than he
is filming movies working all day. Trust me from someone who knows----when a
boy doesn't want to film----he doesn't want to film.
Even if he did what they said he did---that should be nothing shocking at all
to a International News Service to print/post a story like that against him for
simply being a boy. Although I could not help but laugh about it when I first
read it, after it sunk in, I just felt more toward it not being right.
If Jake had been doing any of that with John Travolta or Bruce Willis----they
wouldn't have said anything at all.
Maybe the guy who starred in the movie with him had no sense of humor like some
of the others Jake worked with.

>2. I also think the suggestion you made about the Preacher is just way
>out of line. >

Before he throws the punch line at you---I ran into this idiot somewhere else
just the other day apparently under one of his other hidden names. He will
laughingly come out & tell you that it is a quote from the movie Ghostbusters
by Bill Murray. I've never seen the movie so I can't verify if that is true
but that was what he & his laughing buddy the good Dr told me.
Weird how out of an entire movie, that would be the only thing a psychologist
gets out of it.