Fan fict request

Artman

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know
the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the
Sonic world, based on the video game wich
is the source and inspiration of anything else
Sonic, the cast goes as follows:

Sonic, main hero:
they got that right

Robotnick, main villan:
hard not to miss although he doesn't pose a real
threat in my opinion. What I consider a threat is
something like Megatron, from Beast Wars.
Someone that wins 50% of the time.

Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
Supporting character? More like a cheerleader if
you ask me. He doesn't get anything done. He's
worse than the 60's Robin from Batman. If you read
Batman comics today, you'll find that it's Robin who
saves Batman or give him support.

Knuckles, the rival:
Done that right, I like the red guy.

Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic:
Amy who? Oh, you mean this pink thing we see in between
scenes! I mistook her for a piece of the background...

Well you basically get the idea. If someone could send in a fan fict that
makes
sense, please do it soon. A link to one is also acceptable. I don't need
the whole freedom fighters, I DON'T NEED SALLY -well, not as part of the
action.
I want Sonic and Tails working alone as a team.

If you could put in a real dangerous position (peoples are being wounded or
similar, robotized), I would be very grateful and if I can be of a burden, I
would
like to see Mecha Sonic in action. And I don't mean to be scrapped in less
than two sentences.

Thank you
----------------------------------
"Think not, Robuttnick"
Artman
----------------------------------

Mark Whickman

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99

Artman wrote in message ...

*****VZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (Buzz saw snip)******************

>Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic:
> Amy who? Oh, you mean this pink thing we see in between
> scenes! I mistook her for a piece of the background...

*Realises Amy got insulted*

*Chases artman with a fence post*

~~>:-<

Visit my Website! http://go.to/ribfaces_lair

_ ^ _
| || |
* || *
* || *
/______* *______\
\ * * /
* || *
* || *
|_ || _|

"The more I see, the more I know - The more I know, the less I understand."
Changingman

"That's it! Be afraid! You all taste so much better when you're afraid!"
- Pennywise.

"The concept of a divine creator is irrelevant to our happiness."

Holder of an award for Pointlessness. (Thanks to the great council)

Member of the Tea League!

Mad Chaos Mutant! Leader of the Spawns 'R' us club.

Mail Me! Markwh...@blackfortress.co.uk Please...
or
see some of my Fanfics at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/9161/writers.htm

Kumbajji wajji runnin' through the Jungle! (Ignore this)

Raz Masters

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
This disturbing "Artman" person said:

> Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know
> the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the
> Sonic world, based on the video game wich
> is the source and inspiration of anything else
> Sonic, the cast goes as follows:

Before I begin responding to this, I would simply like to let you
know the following: you are an idiot.

> Sonic, main hero:
> they got that right

As if he were even represented properly in the Archie comics. I
will admit that they have improved a -little- recently, but...

> Robotnick, main villan:
> hard not to miss although he doesn't pose a real
> threat in my opinion. What I consider a threat is
> something like Megatron, from Beast Wars.
> Someone that wins 50% of the time.

Oh... hurrah. Beast Wars. What a worthy comparison. Ha. Ha.
Robotnik only has control of a massive army (in the case of both
the Sega and Archie incarnations) which can be anywhere he is
not, so even if he loses an encounter with Sonic, his 'tentacles,'
so to speak, are elsewhere... I wouldn't call that "no threat."

> Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
> Supporting character? More like a cheerleader if
> you ask me. He doesn't get anything done.

Apparently you're blind on top of being an idiot. You see, Tails
is actually doing things in the Archie comic, although the Archie
comic, for the most part, sucks anyway. Tails does PLENTY in
Sonic Adventure. What's with this claim?

> He's worse than the 60's Robin from Batman. If you read
> Batman comics today, you'll find that it's Robin who
> saves Batman or give him support.

Um... no. Robin may -help- Batman out in the -animated ser-
ies,- but if you even KNEW what happened in the regular ser-
ies...

> Knuckles, the rival:
> Done that right, I like the red guy.

Knuckles rules, so it's very difficult to do him wrong, hehe. I
like Archie's take -- shame the Knuckles series got cancel-
led -- and well, nothin' wrong with him in SA.

> Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic:

Um... what? You make that sound like Sonic's a crossdress-
er...

> Amy who? Oh, you mean this pink thing we see in be-
> tween scenes! I mistook her for a piece of the background...

> Well you basically get the idea.

Yep. You're a friggin' idiot.

> Thank you

You don't -deserve- a welcome... but I'm feeling nice.

I'll go say "you're welcome" to somebody else at random.

- Raz Masters (Ra...@juno.com)
StHJJ1 Sega+++ Arc+/- WkS++++ tFF++++ Son+++" Sal+++
Knu++++ Amy0 McS++ tWP++ JlS++ Drk+ P++ Dfhwo $++++
Cpc,ps,jg,jp E06 Ee17 Eee27 GF

"... With my eyes on my dreams, I keep walking on ..."

^IcE^

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In article <19991213080203...@ng-cj1.aol.com>,
razjm...@aol.comby.com (Raz Masters) wrote:

> Oh... hurrah. Beast Wars. What a worthy comparison. Ha. Ha.

Hey I like Beast Wars.. =p

> > Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
> > Supporting character? More like a cheerleader if
> > you ask me. He doesn't get anything done.
>
> Apparently you're blind on top of being an idiot. You see, Tails
> is actually doing things in the Archie comic, although the Archie
> comic, for the most part, sucks anyway. Tails does PLENTY in
> Sonic Adventure. What's with this claim?

I'll have to agree with that, in SA, he saved the city!

> > He's worse than the 60's Robin from Batman.

> Um... no. Robin may -help- Batman out in the -animated ser-
> ies,- but if you even KNEW what happened in the regular ser-
> ies...

Something like Tails is tired of living in Sonic's shadow and left and
call himself...
Tada! The.................................<--no I guess I won't try to
think of a name for him...

> > Knuckles, the rival:
> > Done that right, I like the red guy.

Knuckles is the best! He rocks!
--
the ChaoSpace!
http://fly.to/ChaoSpace

Dean Rivers

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Artman <artm...@DeepSpaceNine.com> wrote in message

<please excuse vague snipping>

> In the

> Sonic world, based on the video game wich
> is the source and inspiration of anything else
> Sonic, the cast goes as follows:
>

> Sonic, main hero
> Robotnick, main villan
> Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER
> Knuckles, the rival

> Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic

That sounds a lot like the UK Sonic the Comic cast - Fleetway make a comic
that mainly features the Sonic characters (Sonic, Tails, Robotnik, Knuckles
and Amy) at the present moment. Fab writer Nigel Kitching is returning soon
with new stories that may feature other Sonic-like characters like Chaotix,
Metallixes and the SA cast. And most of the area surrounding these charas is
based on the old Sonic games (The Green Hill Zone, IceCap Zone etc.)

Maybe you might want to find a place that features STC work and gain a bit
more info on it.
(if anyone has Samanfur's site addy to put here, do so.)

> Well you basically get the idea. If someone could send in a fan fict that
> makes
> sense, please do it soon. A link to one is also acceptable. I don't need
> the whole freedom fighters, I DON'T NEED SALLY -well, not as part of the
> action.
> I want Sonic and Tails working alone as a team.

In STC the characters usually work alone; there are exceptions, though.
There is no mention of SatAM characters in STC too.

If you want to read something good, I suggest reading the STC comics instead
of fanfics, because the SatAM universe is the main Sonic-verse people use
for fanfics.

> If you could put in a real dangerous position (peoples are being wounded
or
> similar, robotized), I would be very grateful

There is no robotization in STC. But there are some excellent stories with
danger involved you might want to check out [STC #97-100 are spectacular]

> and if I can be of a burden, I
> would
> like to see Mecha Sonic in action.

In that case, try to search around for work by Nigel Kitching - he writes a
lot of brilliant scripts that have featured Metallixes (Mecha Sonics in all
but name).

Unfortunately, one of the people who knows a LOT about STC and all this is
Liam Slater, the person whom you have put into your black book.

--
Dean Rivers, holder of (nearly) all the StC mags and afraid to use them

"You'll never make it as a pirate, Simpson. Does ee know why?"
"N...no...cap'n..."
"'Cause I be going to kill you!"

StHJJ1 Son+ Tal+++ Bun++ Ant+++i^ Dul- Sal+ Snv++ Simpson+++^ P+ Dfp{h}[h]
$+++ E27 E-23 Ay83 Coen

Liam Slater

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99

Artman <artm...@DeepSpaceNine.com> wrote in message
> Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know
> the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the

> Sonic world, based on the video game wich
> is the source and inspiration of anything else
> Sonic, the cast goes as follows:
>
> Sonic, main hero:
> they got that right

But don't you think the voice sounds like Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Hero
Turtles.

> Robotnick, main villan:
> hard not to miss although he doesn't pose a real
> threat in my opinion. What I consider a threat is
> something like Megatron, from Beast Wars.
> Someone that wins 50% of the time.

I think Robotnik was good in SA, he showed how easily he can turn on/forget
about allies (Chaos).

> Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
> Supporting character? More like a cheerleader if

> you ask me. He doesn't get anything done. He's

> worse than the 60's Robin from Batman. If you read
> Batman comics today, you'll find that it's Robin who
> saves Batman or give him support.

He had a LOT more than he has had before.

> Knuckles, the rival:
> Done that right, I like the red guy.

Except he wasn't interested in the Chaos Emeralds much.

> Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic:
> Amy who? Oh, you mean this pink thing we see in between

> scenes! I mistook her for a piece of the background...

Well she was origionally less than that even (Sonic CD)

> Well you basically get the idea. If someone could send in a fan fict that
> makes
> sense, please do it soon. A link to one is also acceptable. I don't need
> the whole freedom fighters, I DON'T NEED SALLY -well, not as part of the
> action.
> I want Sonic and Tails working alone as a team.

I think it's best with a small band of FFs like Fleetway, not too many to
take the spotlight but enough to make it interesting.

> If you could put in a real dangerous position (peoples are being wounded
or

> similar, robotized), I would be very grateful and if I can be of a burden,
> would

> like to see Mecha Sonic in action. And I don't mean to be scrapped in
less
> than two sentences.

Chaos Unleashed WILL be dangerous (One of the Fleetway FFs will be
killed/seveirly injured)

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk

NI!

"We don't want you-- We're picky!" - Danehog

Liam Slater

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
> > In the

> > Sonic world, based on the video game wich
> > is the source and inspiration of anything else
> > Sonic, the cast goes as follows:
> >
> > Sonic, main hero
> > Robotnick, main villan
> > Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER
> > Knuckles, the rival
> > Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic
>
> That sounds a lot like the UK Sonic the Comic cast - Fleetway make a comic
> that mainly features the Sonic characters (Sonic, Tails, Robotnik,
Knuckles
> and Amy) at the present moment. Fab writer Nigel Kitching is returning
soon
> with new stories that may feature other Sonic-like characters like
Chaotix,
> Metallixes and the SA cast. And most of the area surrounding these charas
is
> based on the old Sonic games (The Green Hill Zone, IceCap Zone etc.)
>
> Maybe you might want to find a place that features STC work and gain a bit
> more info on it.
> (if anyone has Samanfur's site addy to put here, do so.)
>
> > Well you basically get the idea. If someone could send in a fan fict
that
> > makes
> > sense, please do it soon. A link to one is also acceptable. I don't
need
> > the whole freedom fighters, I DON'T NEED SALLY -well, not as part of the
> > action.
> > I want Sonic and Tails working alone as a team.
>
> In STC the characters usually work alone; there are exceptions, though.
> There is no mention of SatAM characters in STC too.
>
> If you want to read something good, I suggest reading the STC comics
instead
> of fanfics, because the SatAM universe is the main Sonic-verse people use
> for fanfics.

Thank you yet again for a perfect plug space Dean.

Yes Total Chaos part 5 is finished and will be posted soon, Total Chaos part
6 is half done, Chaos Unleashed is on hold and a fanfic section will be
going up on www.afsh.co.uk soon. Total Chaos and Chaos Unleashed are
Fleetway based fanfics with SA elements in CU, and lots of danger in CU.

> > If you could put in a real dangerous position (peoples are being wounded

> or
> > similar, robotized), I would be very grateful
>

> There is no robotization in STC. But there are some excellent stories with
> danger involved you might want to check out [STC #97-100 are spectacular]

Dean, you forgot the Death Egg saga!!! Issues not sure but titles, the
bridge thingie (DO'H I forgot), Countdown to disaster and Disaster, Nigel's
(nearly) crowning achievement. Also The Metallix Saga, Knuckles: Total
Chaotix, Sonic: The Brotherhood of Metallix and The Return of Chaotix (also
slight bits in The Sonic Terminator (not bortherhood though) and Countdown
to Disater part 2).

> > and if I can be of a burden, I
> > would
> > like to see Mecha Sonic in action.
>

> In that case, try to search around for work by Nigel Kitching - he writes
> lot of brilliant scripts that have featured Metallixes (Mecha Sonics in
all
> but name).

And with a purely evil leader more malicious than Robotnik.

> Unfortunately, one of the people who knows a LOT about STC and all this is
> Liam Slater, the person whom you have put into your black book.

*Grabs eraser and rubs out name*
Yeah sorry about that but with all the spam and idiotic newbies recently
I've been less than friendly to all the newbies, to show my appologies have
my old clue-by-four used against Ray Combs Devil (It wore out but you could
join the broken ends and get some numchucks (sp, the things Maxi uses in
Soul Calibur)).

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk
Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

INT. HIGH SCHOOL CLASSROOM. DAY
TEACHER: Elliot! Haven't I told you about bringing that thing in here?
ELLIOT: But Mr Brown - this is ET!
TEACHER: ET went back to space, Elliot. That's a dead cat.
ELLIOT: No it isn't. It's ET. Look - he's talking... "ET phooone hooome".
TEACHER: That's you moving it's mouth with your hands and putting on a
stupid croaky voice.

-The Man, ET II scipts, Digitiser (4)

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
Artman babbled:

>Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know

>the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the

>Sonic world, based on the video game wich
>is the source and inspiration of anything else
>Sonic, the cast goes as follows:
>

>Sonic, main hero:
> they got that right

Yes, Sonic has lots of emotional problems devloping relationships in
Archie. Say Raz, where did the "Sonic is afraid of water" come from?
And is it SegaSonic? If it is... I'd be very happy.

>Robotnick, main villan:
That's "Robotnik". Also, _I_ (though not everyone) prefers to call
the SegaSonic version "Eggman"

> hard not to miss although he doesn't pose a real
> threat in my opinion. What I consider a threat is
> something like Megatron, from Beast Wars.
> Someone that wins 50% of the time.

Robotnik poses more of a threat then Eggman. At least Robotnik has
the entire city where as Eggman has... insanity. Robotnik wins
(usually) and Eggman loses (ALWAYS).

>Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
> Supporting character? More like a cheerleader if
> you ask me. He doesn't get anything done. He's
> worse than the 60's Robin from Batman. If you read
> Batman comics today, you'll find that it's Robin who
> saves Batman or give him support.

Can't comment on the early 60s Batmans, but Miles is NOT a "main
supporting character". He is his own character with his own problems
*cough*SonicAdventure*cough*.

>Knuckles, the rival:
> Done that right, I like the red guy.

Though he's done well in Archie, he IS NOT done in a SegaSonic
fashion. The whole "echidna band" and stuff is getting out of hand,
and you don't see Knuckles guarding the emerald enough (since that is
all he is supposed to do). Oh well, I don't think the following would
be a very nice comic:

Knux sleeps
Knux wakes up
Knux watches the emerald for 3 pages
Knux takes a piss
Knux watches the emerald for 3 more pages
Knux eats
Knux watches the emerald for 3 more pages
Knux goes to sleep

>Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic:
> Amy who? Oh, you mean this pink thing we see in between
> scenes! I mistook her for a piece of the background...

True, Amy doesn't appear enough in the comic. But with this Sonic
Adventure adaption (yeah you Mystical Cat Country :P) we will see more
of her, I hope.

The Chaos Emerald
Maintainer of The Hidden Palace, the only Sonic site with more than
10,000 hits without an inflato-counter!
http://come.to/the-hidden-palace
"Now you can play with AMY!" - Sonic Adventure

"You know you've been on the Internet too much when you think RL is an
acronym for 'Really Lame'" - The Chaos Emerald

Miyasha

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Chaos Emerald wrote:

>In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
>Artman babbled:
>
>>Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know
>>the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the
>>Sonic world, based on the video game wich
>>is the source and inspiration of anything else
>>Sonic, the cast goes as follows:
>>
>>Sonic, main hero:
>> they got that right
>
>Yes, Sonic has lots of emotional problems devloping relationships in
>Archie. Say Raz, where did the "Sonic is afraid of water" come from?
>And is it SegaSonic? If it is... I'd be very happy.

Although I'm not Raz, I think I'll answer
you anyway. I think, in the Japanese Sonic
2 manual, it says that Sonic's afraid of water.
It DOES say that in Segasonic somewhere,
and I think the reason's because Sonic can't
swim.

~Miyasha
*****
Official Member of the AFSH Stupid Brigade
*****

http://praecox.cjb.net

"People are too willing to follow what everyone else is doing. If they actually
thought for themselves, this sort of thing wouldn't exist." -Mach

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
Miyasha babbled:

>Chaos Emerald wrote:
>
>>Yes, Sonic has lots of emotional problems devloping relationships in
>>Archie. Say Raz, where did the "Sonic is afraid of water" come from?
>>And is it SegaSonic? If it is... I'd be very happy.
>
> Although I'm not Raz, I think I'll answer
>you anyway. I think, in the Japanese Sonic
>2 manual, it says that Sonic's afraid of water.
>It DOES say that in Segasonic somewhere,
>and I think the reason's because Sonic can't
>swim.

*pouts I WANTED RAZ!!!!*
Actually, I think it is because Sonic's family died drowning when
Sonic was a little child. This caused Sonic to have problems
developing relationships with others, being scared that they will be
lost. I particularly like the idea that Sonic is fighting against
Chaos, who is made completely out of water in Sonic Adventure.

Dean Rivers

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
Liam Slater <li...@afsh.co.uk> wrote in message news:833l7h$rt7$4...@gxsn.com...

> > If you want to read something good, I suggest reading the STC comics
> instead
> > of fanfics, because the SatAM universe is the main Sonic-verse people
use
> > for fanfics.
>
> Thank you yet again for a perfect plug space Dean.

You see how much you need me...

> Yes Total Chaos part 5 is finished and will be posted soon, Total Chaos
part
> 6 is half done, Chaos Unleashed is on hold and a fanfic section will be
> going up on www.afsh.co.uk soon. Total Chaos and Chaos Unleashed are
> Fleetway based fanfics with SA elements in CU, and lots of danger in CU.

> > > If you could put in a real dangerous position (peoples are being
wounded

> > or
> > > similar, robotized), I would be very grateful
> >
> > There is no robotization in STC. But there are some excellent stories
with
> > danger involved you might want to check out [STC #97-100 are
spectacular]

> Dean, you forgot the Death Egg saga!!! Issues not sure but titles, the
> bridge thingie (DO'H I forgot), Countdown to disaster and Disaster,
Nigel's
> (nearly) crowning achievement. Also The Metallix Saga, Knuckles: Total
> Chaotix, Sonic: The Brotherhood of Metallix and The Return of Chaotix
(also

> slight bits in The Sonic Terminator (not brotherhood though) and Countdown
> to Disaster part 2).

I'm sure even a big fan wouldn't be able to sit and download so many
slow-loading pages without amassing a big phone bill. Therefore I thought
I'd mention #97 (arguably the best STC ever) and say to continue through
until the finish (#100). But the 'Total Chaotix' story (#53 to about 59 from
vague recollection) is certainly a must if you like Fleetway stuff. And the
Death Egg saga... brilliant, but how long was this saga? It takes time and
money for anyone to read these sites.

LIAM: You forgot Samanfur's addy for Artman...

--
Dean Rivers, holder of (nearly) all the StC mags and afraid to use them

"You'll never make it as a pirate, Simpson. Does ee know why?"
"N...no...cap'n..."
"'Cause I be going to kill you!"

"He liketh the newbies whom speaketh their minds,
But the dumb devoid newbies get a kick up behinds."

Allison Fleury

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99

Artman <artm...@DeepSpaceNine.com> wrote in message
> Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know
> the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the
> Sonic world, based on the video game wich
> is the source and inspiration of anything else
> Sonic, the cast goes as follows:

>>snip<<

Well...there aren't too many Segasonic fanfics out there...
Most people (including moi) write about SatAM...however, you could try look
at the Sonic HQ for some: http://www.emulationzone.org/sonichq/ or TsF:
http://www.sonicfoundation.org/

---Ali

"In the year 2000...the planet Jupiter will declare that it never had a red
spot until it had unprotected sex with Venus!"

"Get a grip, man! You're a thumb!"
"You're right! I AM a thumb!"

Cheap plugs include: Art! at tSf:
http://www.sonicfoundation.org/art/fan/fleury/
My Fanfics! at Sonic HQ: http://www.emulationzone.org/sonichq/
And Elfwood!:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/lothlorien/artists/afleury/afleury.htm/
Side7.com:
http://sirkain.erls.com:777/cgi-bin/ADS/SearchBio.pl?LastName=Fleury&FirstNa
me=Allison
Velan Central Library! http://velar.furry.org.au/vcl/Artists/Allison-Fleury/

^IcE^

Dec 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/13/99
In article <385583c7...@news-server.san.rr.com>, chao...@san.rr.com
wrote:

> *pouts I WANTED RAZ!!!!*
> Actually, I think it is because Sonic's family died drowning when
> Sonic was a little child. This caused Sonic to have problems
> developing relationships with others, being scared that they will be
> lost. I particularly like the idea that Sonic is fighting against
> Chaos, who is made completely out of water in Sonic Adventure.

No... for some reason, blue hedgehogs cannot swim cuz when they get in the
water, they sorta disappeared and that really scared them so they are
afraid of water...
I know, it doesnt make any sense, but I am sick of studying now so....

Artman

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

Raz Masters wrote in message
<19991213080203...@ng-cj1.aol.com>...

>Before I begin responding to this, I would simply like to let you
>know the following: you are an idiot.

You too, if your best idea of an argument is to insult peoples.
But since I'm so sure of what I say is right, I'll dignify your
letter with a responce.

>> Sonic, main hero:
>> they got that right
>

>As if he were even represented properly in the Archie comics. I
>will admit that they have improved a -little- recently, but...

Listen Raz, is Sonic the one who comes out and saves the day?
Yes? thank you: end of story.

>Oh... hurrah. Beast Wars. What a worthy comparison. Ha. Ha.

>Robotnik only has control of a massive army (in the case of both
>the Sega and Archie incarnations) which can be anywhere he is
>not, so even if he loses an encounter with Sonic, his 'tentacles,'
>so to speak, are elsewhere... I wouldn't call that "no threat."

Of course Robotnik will remain, Genius. They wouldn't have much
of a serie, now would they? Point is Robotnick, except for some
rare occasions (less than 1/10 of the time) gets the final word. And
yes, Beast Wars is a good comparison because they go beyond "the
good guy always win" scenario.

>Apparently you're blind on top of being an idiot. You see, Tails
>is actually doing things in the Archie comic, although the Archie
>comic, for the most part, sucks anyway. Tails does PLENTY in
>Sonic Adventure. What's with this claim?

Okay, I'll admit that finally someone at Sega decided to give Tails
some worthy importance. Wow, that's what, the first point you made
in this whole letter? But trying your luck by saying that he's actually
getting things done in the comic is stupid. He does little more than
admire Sonic half the time.. I don't have to go far to get any example,
if you got any back issue of Sth, just read one and see my point.

>> He's worse than the 60's Robin from Batman. If you read
>> Batman comics today, you'll find that it's Robin who
>> saves Batman or give him support.
>

>Um... no. Robin may -help- Batman out in the -animated ser-
>ies,- but if you even KNEW what happened in the regular ser-
>ies...

Please, Raz, please! I do know what's happening in the regular series.
I got the whole story on how the second Robin died and how the actual Robin
took his place. And I repeat myself: Robin is the one that helps Batman.

>> Knuckles, the rival:
>> Done that right, I like the red guy.
>

>Knuckles rules, so it's very difficult to do him wrong, hehe. I
>like Archie's take -- shame the Knuckles series got cancel-
>led -- and well, nothin' wrong with him in SA.

Nothing to say about that. Apparently, you do have a bit
of intelligence...

>> Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic:
>

>Um... what? You make that sound like Sonic's a crossdress-
>er...

Huh alter-ego? crossdresser??? Raz, if at any time i thought
that you had a shred of intelligence, I stand corrected. You're
a fool. And the fact that I am actually replying to your post
insults me...

>> Amy who? Oh, you mean this pink thing we see in be-
>> tween scenes! I mistook her for a piece of the background...

>> Well you basically get the idea.
>

>Yep. You're a friggin' idiot.

I don't respond to flagrant trolling, fool.

>> Thank you
>
>You don't -deserve- a welcome... but I'm feeling nice.
>
>I'll go say "you're welcome" to somebody else at random.

I was thanking those who would send in a fan fict, but since
you're not doing that you're not much of a use to me, are you?
I would like to insult you, but you're doing a too great job of it
yourself.

--------------------------------------
Regards,

Artman
--------------------------------------

RGrimes131

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
I've written this quite a while ago. I hope you enjoy it (in case you do, I
have another one featuring Nack the Weasel).

YOU SAY TORNADO

"I'd never admit this to anybody, but I sure do envy Tails," Sonic says
himself, watching Tails flying in the sky. "I 'd love to be able to fly on MY
own. Sure, running is fun and all, but I've been there and done that millions
of times. Heeeey, wait a minute. That just might be the solution to my
problem!"

Sonic then performs his Super Peel Out move and starts running around in
a circle at blazing speed. The forming of a tornado ensues. The tornado grows
larger and larger until it reaches the sky. Seeing how huge it has gotten,
Sonic suddenly comes to a halt. This causes him to be lifted up by the
tornado!

"AAAAALLLL RIIIIGHT!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!" yells Sonic. The tornado
carries him up higher and higher. Sonic makes a Superman-like flying pose.
From a distance, it appears like he's actually flying, but in circles.

"I may be dizzy when this is over, but it's worth it!!" he thinks. "If
only everyone can see me now!" In actuality, someone WAS watching him. It is
Turbo Spiker, one of Robotnik's most dangerous Badniks.

"Sonic will stay in that tornado until it dies down. And I'm not going
to let that happen!" growls Turbo Spiker. He goes toward the tornado, knowing
that because of his immense size and weight, he won't get lifted up. Now that
he is in the middle of the tornado, he activates the huge spike on his back.
The spike spins furiously, causing Turbo Spiker to take control of the Tornado!
He begins to move, taking the Tornado with him!

It is at this time that Sonic starts to notice something is wrong.
"Hey, what gives?" he asks. "The tornado seems to be moving away from its
original location!" He looks down and discovers that it's....

"A TURBO SPIKER!! And a BIG one at that!!!" he screams. "I've gotta get
out of here....but he's not letting the tornado die down! And if I try to
break out of it, I'll plummet! I'm TRAPPED!!!"

Just what Turbo Spiker was counting on. He moves along, picking up
more and more of Sonic's friends and neighbors in the process.
"Bwa-haa-haa-haaa!!" he laughs. Not only does he laugh because of his capture
of Sonic and other Mobians, but because of the trail of destruction he leaves
behind. Then he boasts, "Robotnik will treasure me over all the other Badniks!
That is, if he doesn't already! Haa-haa!!!"

"What have I done?! To think all of this started because I wanted to
fly like Tails!!" cries Sonic.

And speaking of Tails, he is returning home after checking out places
he had never been with Sonic before, like the Spring Yard Zone. Needless to
say, he is horrified at the devestation that took place. He goes off to find
what had caused it and where all of his friends were. He didn't have to go far
to get the answer to both his queries.

"Oh no!!! Turbo Spiker has captured everybody, even Sonic, with that
tornado of his!!" Tails exclaims. "I've got to...but if I go try to help them,
I'll get sucked in, too! I'd better find another way!" He then spots a
monitor filled with gold rings. "That's it!!" he yells. He grabs the moniter
and takes off into the sky.

He flies near the tornado, but not too closely. Then he throws the
ring-filled monitor over himself, and bursts it with his spinning tails. The
rings are scattered in the sky, but they all soon get sucked in the tornado.
Afterwards, Tails, at a safe distance, shouts out, "EVERYBODY IN THE TORNADO
GRAB ONTO A RING OR SOMEBODY THAT HAS ONE!!!"

They all comply. Tails immediately goes to the ground and finds a
monitor that contains a lightning shield. With his Spin Dash, he breaks it
open and gets surrounded by the shield. Then he flies up toward the tornado
again, but still at a safe distance. The rings that are in the tornado start
to gravitate to Tails' shield, dragging their holders with them. Soon, Tails
leads everyone out of the tornado!

With his followers behind him, Tails flies further and further down
until he softly lands. Everyone cheers for him and would get closer to thank
him properly if it wasn't for that lightning shield he still had on.

"I guess I'd better find some water to deactivate this shield." Tails
laughs.

"And while you're doing that, little buddy, I'm going after Turbo
Spiker!" says Sonic. And he does just that.

Meanwhile, Turbo Spiker was still moving along, not realizing he had
lost his captives. Then, all of a sudden, he started to fall in the ground!

"What the!?" He shouts. He plunges down through dirt and rocks before
he finally meets the end of the hole he had made. His body is in bad shape,
especially his spike, thus ending his reign over the tornado. He opened his
eye to see that Sonic was advancing toward him. "YOU!!!" he cries.

"That's riiiight. I knew you'd come this way, so I digged to this
spot to make the ground underneath you weaker. Guess bein' huge has its
disadvantages, too, huh?" Sonic then procedes to rip Turbo Spiker apart with
his Spin Attack.

After Sonic takes care of the Badnik, he immediately looks for Tails
and the others. He finds Tails first, who is just getting out of a river at
the time. Sonic then explains everything to his best friend. Of course, Tails
is shocked. Not only because Sonic had created the tornado, but also because
Sonic had actually ENVIED him!

"But Sonic, why didn't you tell me this before? You know I'd be glad
to fly you anywhere you wanted me to! And we have the bi-plane besides!" Tails
says.

"Yeah, I know. I just wanted to try doing it on my own, y'know?"

"I guess I know the feeling. I've always wanted to be heroic like you
on MY own."

"Well you certainly did that today!" Sonic replies, patting Tails on
the back. "You showed real ingenuity. I'm very proud of you, big guy!"

"Thank you, Sonic."

"I guess I'd better go and explain everything to my pals. Think
they'll forgive me?"

"Well, you have saved their lives more times than they can count in the
past. I don't think they'll take yours."

And with a hearty laugh, they both go home.

THE END

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse!" ---Yogi Bear

Mark Whickman

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

Miyasha wrote in message <19991213183732...@ng-co1.aol.com>...

>Chaos Emerald wrote:
>
>>In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
>>Artman babbled:

>>>Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know
>>>the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the
>>>Sonic world, based on the video game wich
>>>is the source and inspiration of anything else
>>>Sonic, the cast goes as follows:
>>>
>>>Sonic, main hero:
>>> they got that right
>>
>>Yes, Sonic has lots of emotional problems devloping relationships in
>>Archie. Say Raz, where did the "Sonic is afraid of water" come from?
>>And is it SegaSonic? If it is... I'd be very happy.
>
> Although I'm not Raz, I think I'll answer
>you anyway. I think, in the Japanese Sonic
>2 manual, it says that Sonic's afraid of water.
>It DOES say that in Segasonic somewhere,
>and I think the reason's because Sonic can't
>swim.

Which is weird, because in nature hedgehogs are extremely proficient
swimmers

Artman

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

Liam Slater wrote in message <833l7h$rt7$4...@gxsn.com>...

>*Grabs eraser and rubs out name*

*Grabs the book and shoots it off a canon*

(never did like black)

----------------------------
Artman
----------------------------

Artman

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

The Chaos Emerald wrote in message
<38550ff7...@news-server.san.rr.com>...

Well finally, someone worth my attention...

>Yes, Sonic has lots of emotional problems devloping relationships in
>Archie. Say Raz, where did the "Sonic is afraid of water" come from?
>And is it SegaSonic? If it is... I'd be very happy.

>That's "Robotnik". Also, _I_ (though not everyone) prefers to call
>the SegaSonic version "Eggman"

Potatoes po"tah"toes, Eggman comes from Japan BTW

>Robotnik poses more of a threat then Eggman. At least Robotnik has
>the entire city where as Eggman has... insanity. Robotnik wins
>(usually) and Eggman loses (ALWAYS).

Actually I prefer Robotnik as a mad scientist, but that's just me.
I KNOW you're not talking of the Archie/SatAM series when
you say that Robotnik 'usually' wins...

>>Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER:

>Can't comment on the early 60s Batmans, but Miles is NOT a "main
>supporting character". He is his own character with his own problems
>*cough*SonicAdventure*cough*.

Emeral, this is as simple as it gets:
-Tails is not the the main character, but a hero.
I should stop here, but here goes...

-Tails is Sonic best friend
-Tails is the first playable character to be introduced to the Sonic world.
-Tails always follow Sonic and help him out (flying) whenever he needs it.

>>Knuckles, the rival:
>> Done that right, I like the red guy.
>

>Though he's done well in Archie, he IS NOT done in a SegaSonic
>fashion. The whole "echidna band" and stuff is getting out of hand,
>and you don't see Knuckles guarding the emerald enough (since that is
>all he is supposed to do). Oh well, I don't think the following would
>be a very nice comic:
>
>Knux sleeps
>Knux wakes up
>Knux watches the emerald for 3 pages
>Knux takes a piss
>Knux watches the emerald for 3 more pages
>Knux eats
>Knux watches the emerald for 3 more pages
>Knux goes to sleep

Knux wakes up the next day

Knux watches the emerald for 3 pages

Gasp! theres dust on the emerald (You gotta put a twist)
Knux starts waxing the emerald for 3pages
Knux watches the emerald
Gasp! Knux's knuckles dented the emeral
In a fury, Knux goes out and kills half of floating island
population (one squirrel) *

*ref: Sonic 3

----------------------
Regards,

Artman
-----------------------

Artman

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

RGrimes131 wrote in message
<19991213235934...@ng-fr1.aol.com>...

"ask and you shall receive" I knew if I whined long enough I would catch
someone's
attention.

Thanks RGrimes, much appreciated!

---------------------
Regards,

Artman
-------------------

Artman

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

Dean Rivers wrote in message <833cpn$f95$1...@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>That sounds a lot like the UK Sonic the Comic cast - Fleetway make a comic
>that mainly features the Sonic characters (Sonic, Tails, Robotnik, Knuckles
>and Amy) at the present moment. Fab writer Nigel Kitching is returning soon
>with new stories that may feature other Sonic-like characters like Chaotix,
>Metallixes and the SA cast. And most of the area surrounding these charas
is
>based on the old Sonic games (The Green Hill Zone, IceCap Zone etc.)

Well Gully! -as Tails would say- I wasn't aware that STC even existed!
This is becoming a productive experience... I'm scared.

Ok, ok, thas was a little scarcastic, I'm sorry!
*Too late, Amy stands behind Artman with her hammer*

"Amy? NOOOOOOooooooooOOOooooo!"

----------------------------------
Amy Rose

(Artman's unconscious)
-------------------------------

Artman

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

Raz Masters wrote in message
<19991213080203...@ng-cj1.aol.com>...

>Before I begin responding to this, I would simply like to let you
>know the following: you are an idiot.

Listen Raz, if you disagree with me, no problem!
I'll be happy to debate with you. But you better
watch you language because I won't reply to your
garbage again.

------------------------------
Regards,
Artman
-----------------------------

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
Artman babbled:
>The Chaos Emerald wrote in message
><38550ff7...@news-server.san.rr.com>...
>
>>That's "Robotnik". Also, _I_ (though not everyone) prefers to call
>>the SegaSonic version "Eggman"
>
>Potatoes po"tah"toes, Eggman comes from Japan BTW

So does Sonic. Eggman is used to distinguish between the "Eggman"
form and the Robotnik form. And I like the name Eggman better.

Miyasha

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Artman wrote:

>Raz Masters wrote in message
><19991213080203...@ng-cj1.aol.com>...
>
>>Before I begin responding to this, I would simply like to let you
>>know the following: you are an idiot.
>
>Listen Raz, if you disagree with me, no problem!
>I'll be happy to debate with you. But you better
>watch you language because I won't reply to your
>garbage again.

Um, no offense, but aren't you -new- here?
I read your original reply and you cheerfully
laid down the disrespect and made quite a
jerk out of yourself, no problem. Whether or not
you use 'foul' or 'offensive' language to do that
doesn't make a difference because I find your
cuss-free screaming and bickering to be
equally as offensive, if not moreso. I've been
sitting here, watching you pick fights with a
vast majority of people in this news group. I'm
not certian what your goal is here, but I'm not
sure why you expect everyone to give you this
big chance if you storm in here and instantly
begin yelling and whining. There IS a huge
difference between sharing your opinion and
being an ass-- and you've been an ass. NOT
good, especially if you want to have people
treat you with kindeness and respect.

Furthermore, it is ALSO not wise to insult
and tear down people who've been here longer
than you. I'm not sure if you realize it, but Raz
predates ME and I've been here for *years*,
longer than practically everyone here that
still posts. I really don't care about your
opinion because it's nothing grand or new, I've
heard it before, I'll hear it again, and you don't
need to shout it out in several different strings.
If I may be crude and quite blunt, I'll favor
you with a saying: "Opinions are like assholes;
Everyone has one and no one wants to see
yours". In the future, if I were you, I'd take the
time to make the effort NOT to be a hypocrite,
especially if you want people to give you
a chance. Whether or not Raz did or did not
treat you "fairly" or "respectfully" is moot,
Raz's not the newbie, YOU are. If you're so
much better than her (and everyone else here,
as you seem to think you are), then why the
need to 'stoop down to her level'? You're acting
like a troll, congrats. I hope you're proud,
you've set a record in pissing off a fair number
of people. Not me, I just find you rather
annoying, and it's not like I pay attention to
most of the posts of that ilk around here,
anyway.

I'd advise you to read what I said and not flame
me. You don't want to flame me. If you do, you
are SERIOUSLY going to regret it. I don't mind
meeting another Sonic fan; True Sonic fans
are getting all the rarer. However, if you can't
handle criticism and the fact that other people
have ane cherish opinions different that yours,
well, that doesn't say much for the type of
PERSON you are. Similiarily, you made your
opinion and word a hellva not less credible
by screaming everywhere about it. Just thought
you ought to know.

Ta now.

Raz Masters

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Lastly, chao...@san.rr.com (The Chaos Emerald) wrote:

>> In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
>> Artman babbled:
>>

>>Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know
>>the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the
>>Sonic world, based on the video game wich
>>is the source and inspiration of anything else
>>Sonic, the cast goes as follows:
>>
>>Sonic, main hero:
>> they got that right
>

> Yes, Sonic has lots of emotional problems de-

> vloping relationships in Archie. Say Raz, where
> did the "Sonic is afraid of water" come from?
> And is it SegaSonic? If it is... I'd be very happy.

It came from the original Japanese Sonic background,
and has been carried over into Europe (SegaSonic), so
you can say it's from SegaSonic, yeah. Since I haven't
seen an official profile on Sonic which pre-dates Sonic
1 (as in something that was put in a promo kit), I think
the idea of him being afraid of water came from the fact
that swimming isn't implemented in Sonic 1, 2, and so
on. It would just fit and eliminate the need for swimming
in future Sonic games (even though Tails is mysterious-
ly capable in Sonic 3 but not SA).

Sonic's fear of water obviously isn't something which did
come out of America, since he swims just fine and has
no fear of water in SatAM.

>>Robotnick, main villan:
>
>That's "Robotnik". Also, _I_ (though not everyone) pre-

>fers to call the SegaSonic version "Eggman"

It makes more sense. By the way CE, mind not this Art
fellow; he's a bloody fool. After all, if you make comments
on a newsgroup, and they insult characters which the NG
is, oh, sort of BASED ON, don't you think you'll get a rude
and correcting comment in return? I rest my case, dumb-
ass (not you CE, don't worry).

> The Chaos Emerald
> Maintainer of The Hidden Palace, the only Sonic site with
> more than 10,000 hits without an inflato-counter!
> http://come.to/the-hidden-palace

- Raz Masters (Ra...@juno.com)

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
Raz Masters babbled:

>Lastly, chao...@san.rr.com (The Chaos Emerald) wrote:
>>> In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
>>> Artman babbled:
>>>
>>>Robotnick, main villan:
>>
>>That's "Robotnik". Also, _I_ (though not everyone) pre-
>>fers to call the SegaSonic version "Eggman"
>
>It makes more sense. By the way CE, mind not this Art
>fellow; he's a bloody fool. After all, if you make comments
>on a newsgroup, and they insult characters which the NG
>is, oh, sort of BASED ON, don't you think you'll get a rude
>and correcting comment in return? I rest my case, dumb-
>ass (not you CE, don't worry).

Temper, Raz, temper. Calm down. Sure Art may be APEARING to insult,
but at least he is TRYING. That's more than some people do...

The Chaos Emerald
Maintainer of The Hidden Palace, the only Sonic site with more than
10,000 hits without an inflato-counter!
http://come.to/the-hidden-palace

SONIC FAN

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
In article <Kb054.8320$fy1...@tundra.ops.attcanada.net>,
artm...@DeepSpaceNine.com says...

> Thank you

Happy to oblige!
Episode 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog's Ultimate Adventures is coming soon to
this NG.
Not relly soon though, maybe in a month or 2
With 99% more Robotnik Show and 110% less Crossfire guys!

STHUA #2: "Robotnik's Big Break"

the SONIC FAN homepage
http://members.xoom.com/SONIC_FAN/

sonic...@yahoo.com

Liam Slater

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

> Raz Masters wrote in message
> <19991213080203...@ng-cj1.aol.com>...
> >Before I begin responding to this, I would simply like to let you
> >know the following: you are an idiot.
>

> You too, if your best idea of an argument is to insult peoples.
> But since I'm so sure of what I say is right, I'll dignify your
> letter with a responce.

Raz is one of the longest members of AFSH so don't insult her or the whole
NG will be at your throat.

> >> Sonic, main hero:
> >> they got that right
> >

> >As if he were even represented properly in the Archie comics. I
> >will admit that they have improved a -little- recently, but...
>

> Listen Raz, is Sonic the one who comes out and saves the day?
> Yes? thank you: end of story.

There's a lot more to Sonic than saving the day, Sonic is a complex
charecter with a lot that could have been gotten wrong, and in the case of
Archie they did, Sonic would maybe work with a few friends but not a band of
them for example.

> >Oh... hurrah. Beast Wars. What a worthy comparison. Ha. Ha.
> >Robotnik only has control of a massive army (in the case of both
> >the Sega and Archie incarnations) which can be anywhere he is
> >not, so even if he loses an encounter with Sonic, his 'tentacles,'
> >so to speak, are elsewhere... I wouldn't call that "no threat."
> >

> Of course Robotnik will remain, Genius. They wouldn't have much
> of a serie, now would they? Point is Robotnick, except for some
> rare occasions (less than 1/10 of the time) gets the final word. And
> yes, Beast Wars is a good comparison because they go beyond "the
> good guy always win" scenario.

I thought he was killed off for about a year or two then Eggman was brought
in as a new charecter, and no Beast Wars is a bad comparison as they are
like Archie, a band of good guys, not a lone few.

> >Apparently you're blind on top of being an idiot. You see, Tails
> >is actually doing things in the Archie comic, although the Archie
> >comic, for the most part, sucks anyway. Tails does PLENTY in
> >Sonic Adventure. What's with this claim?
>

> Okay, I'll admit that finally someone at Sega decided to give Tails
> some worthy importance. Wow, that's what, the first point you made
> in this whole letter? But trying your luck by saying that he's actually
> getting things done in the comic is stupid. He does little more than
> admire Sonic half the time.. I don't have to go far to get any example,
> if you got any back issue of Sth, just read one and see my point.

In SegaSonic he spends a lot of the time admiring Sonic, which is why in
Sonic 2 and 3 he followed Sonic everywhere.

> >> He's worse than the 60's Robin from Batman. If you read
> >> Batman comics today, you'll find that it's Robin who
> >> saves Batman or give him support.
> >
> >Um... no. Robin may -help- Batman out in the -animated ser-
> >ies,- but if you even KNEW what happened in the regular ser-
> >ies...
>

> Please, Raz, please! I do know what's happening in the regular series.
> I got the whole story on how the second Robin died and how the actual
Robin
> took his place. And I repeat myself: Robin is the one that helps Batman.
>

> >> Knuckles, the rival:
> >> Done that right, I like the red guy.
> >

> >Knuckles rules, so it's very difficult to do him wrong, hehe. I
> >like Archie's take -- shame the Knuckles series got cancel-
> >led -- and well, nothin' wrong with him in SA.
>

> Nothing to say about that. Apparently, you do have a bit
> of intelligence...

A lot, Raz is a respected member of this NG so pipe down.

> >> Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic:
> >
> >Um... what? You make that sound like Sonic's a crossdress-
> >er...
>

> Huh alter-ego? crossdresser??? Raz, if at any time i thought
> that you had a shred of intelligence, I stand corrected. You're
> a fool. And the fact that I am actually replying to your post
> insults me...

Amy is NOT the alter-ego of Sonic, she has a mad crush on Sonic, she is
slow, likes cute, need I go on?

> >> Amy who? Oh, you mean this pink thing we see in be-
> >> tween scenes! I mistook her for a piece of the background...
> >>
> >> Well you basically get the idea.
> >
> >Yep. You're a friggin' idiot.
>

> I don't respond to flagrant trolling, fool.

Raz isn't a troll, if you want acceptance be nice to the regs, it's in the
newbie guide.

> >> Thank you
> >
> >You don't -deserve- a welcome... but I'm feeling nice.
> >
> >I'll go say "you're welcome" to somebody else at random.
>

> I was thanking those who would send in a fan fict, but since
> you're not doing that you're not much of a use to me, are you?
> I would like to insult you, but you're doing a too great job of it
> yourself.

Look, like it or not you are a nwbie and as a rule newbies DON'T insult the
regs, understand.

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk
Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

"One time we drew a rude picture in a notebook on the Sega PR man's desk
when he wasn't looking."

-Digitiser

Artman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Miyasha wrote in message <19991214122314...@ng-cu1.aol.com>...
<snips the whole thing>

Dear Miyasha,

I've read your post carefully and came to this conclusion:
if you knew me, you wouldn't be saying what you're saying
now. So let me just give you the knowledge you lack of me,
and then I'll be happy to hear what you still have to say.

First and foremost, you don't need to threaten me: it is not in
my habit to flame peoples. As you noticed I came here with
both my arms open. I'm willing to share my opinion with everyone
who is interested. Since you made clear that you don't care of
my opinion because you've been here longer than I, I guess that
rules you out. (so you don't have much to complain about, no?)

Second, yes! when I write an argument, I do it with vigor.
If I happen to shock anyone by that, fine! Then take me on
by writing vigorous argument in your own letter. I don't see
the need to personally flame me.

Third, when you flame me. Well gully, I think you know how I respond
to flaming... But that will change: from now on -like I stated in "In the
futur..."-
I will ignore all the brainless "you suck" and similar letter. I've been
looking forever for a place like AFSH, and now that I've find it I won't
soil
it with childish flaming

What else have you said *goes and read the letter some more*
You called me an hypocrite because I was unkind in my responce to
Raz? (Because she was kind to me, right?) anyways I will overlook
that ...next?

Yeah, like I already said, I don't care about how ancient a person
is in the NG, I don't kiss up. I wasn't brought up that way, sorry.

In conclusion, I think you for speaking your mind
I'm sorry if you and I won't get to know each other (you don't
care, remember?) But I assure you, this won't happen again.
I won't stoop to flaming once more. I am far from being the
"trouble maker" you picture me.

Hoping you'll change your mind,

-------------------------------
Regards,

Artman
-------------------------------

Artman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

The Chaos Emerald wrote in message
<3856d1bf...@news-server.san.rr.com>...

>Temper, Raz, temper. Calm down. Sure Art may be APEARING to insult,
>but at least he is TRYING. That's more than some people do...

Jeez guys, you really got me all wrong now, have you?

----------------------
Regards,

Artman
---------------------
You'll get used to my vigorous argument, in time. As I will try to get used
to you guys...

Miyasha

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Artman wrote:

*Still in that half-daze you get from playing 'net
Deathmatches through QII, UT, etc*

>Dear Miyasha,
>
>I've read your post carefully and came to this >conclusion: if you knew me,
you wouldn't be >saying what you're saying now. So let me just >give you the
knowledge you lack of me,
>and then I'll be happy to hear what you still have >to say.

Well, you know what, it's not that I'm out there
with picket signs going "ARTMAN SUCKS! LET'S
BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN". I'm not out there
specifically to get YOU and only you. I assure
you, I'm not starting a Holy war. I'm just pointing
out that you presented yourself badly and before
you go about flaming others, you really ought to
watch yourself first. I mean, is that logical, or
does this come off as incoherent babble to you?

>First and foremost, you don't need to threaten >me: it is not in my habit to
flame peoples.

I'm not saying it is. I just don't really want to have
another long argument in a history of long
arguments and a lot of people REALLY tend to
underestimate me. I'm just giving you advice not
to.

> As you noticed I came here with
>both my arms open. I'm willing to share my >opinion with everyone who is
interested.

Perhaps you ought to learn how to do that in
a non threatening manner. I dare say that you did
not give people an option to be intrested or not.
You don't need like, eight seperate strings to
bleat about your opinion in, it just makes it less
intresting and more of a pain to deal with.

>Since you made clear that you don't care of
>my opinion because you've been here longer than >I, I guess that rules you
out. (so you don't have >much to complain about, no?)

No, that's not the point I made. Thank you for
not quoting, what an assish thing to do. I don't
care to hear your opinion AGAIN because I have
heard it from your own mouth.. MULTIPLE TIMES.
Also, your opinion is nothing new. There are
several regular posters who share the same ideas
as you, so I don't really want to see this: "HEAD-
LINE NEWS: Straight from AFSH-- Artman's
Opinion is... Blahblahblahblah". No one wants to
see that.

>Second, yes! when I write an argument, I do it >with vigor. If I happen to
shock anyone by
>that, fine! Then take me on by writing vigorous >argument in your own letter.
I don't see
>the need to personally flame me.

I'm not flaming you. If I was flaming you, I'd be
like "YOU STUPID CUNTRAG! I CURE THEE
WITH GENITAL HERPES!" or something. What
I'm saying is that for all the big speachs you're
trying to make, you're being a REALLY big
hypocrite. If you're going to whine about how some
one else's argument offends you, why're you going
to argue in the same degrading manner? You
made some nasty, henious remarks yourself
and um... I don't see how you can yell at someone
else if you're doing it yourself.

>Third, when you flame me. Well gully, I think you >know how I respond to
flaming... But that will >change: from now on -like I stated in "In the
>futur..."- I will ignore all the brainless "you suck" >and similar letter.
I've been looking forever for a place like AFSH, and now that I've find it I
won't
>soil it with childish flaming

Uhm... okay. So why did you in the first place?
*is confused, decides it doesn't matter and moves
on*

>What else have you said *goes and read the >letter some more* You called me an
hypocrite >because I was unkind in my responce to
>Raz? (Because she was kind to me, right?) >anyways I will overlook that
...next?

Perhaps you ought to quote so you don't
disillusion yourself... anyway, I called you a
hypocrite because you're like "RAZ SAID BAD
WORDS AND WAS MEAN! WELL, SHE'S A
GODDAMN BITCH". Then you posted something
else about how you weren't going to respond to
her garbage because she had a booboo mouth.
And really, if you wanna be so much better than
other people, well.. go ahead and be better by
not doing what they're doing. Two wrongs don't
make a right.

>Yeah, like I already said, I don't care about how >ancient a person is in the
NG, I don't kiss up. I >wasn't brought up that way, sorry.

What does this have to do with how one's raised?
Anyway, okay, you DON'T come in here and bitch
at all the respected people in the group. That's akin
to going to school and giving the teachers shit. All
you're REALLY doing is showing what an immature
hot head you are. Basically, you're shooting
yourself in the ass. You might not respect
someone because they've put more time, effort
and spirit into something than you have, but well,
that just makes you a jerk, IMNSVHO.

>In conclusion, I think you for speaking your mind
>I'm sorry if you and I won't get to know each other >(you don't care,
remember?) But I assure you, >this won't happen again.
>I won't stoop to flaming once more. I am far from >being the"trouble maker"
you picture me.

Mm.. I hate it when people tell me what I think,
especially when they really don't have an idea. I
also truly dislike it when people try to twist my
words, especially when they delete everything I
said so it appears that they're directly quoting.
However, I'm going to let that one sliiiiide...

>Hoping you'll change your mind,

I'll change my mind when you give me reason to.
With me, what you say and do, how you conduct
yourself... that is what makes up my opinion of
a person. Remember, actions speak louder than
words, and they also paint a picture. What I'm
seeing ain't pretty. So, in the future, I'd be a bit
more careful with tact, manners, politeness and
how you present yourself.

Artman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Miyasha wrote in message <19991214122314...@ng-cu1.aol.com>...

<snips>

if you can't
>handle criticism and the fact that other people
>have ane cherish opinions different that yours,
>well, that doesn't say much for the type of
>PERSON you are

Ok, ok, maybe you guys aren't ready for my writing
style just yet, I will do whatever I can to "gently" disagree
with those who doesn't share my opinion. Raz, if you're
reading this, know that I wasn't aware that you were a
lady. I would have otherwise treated you with the coutesy
that you're entitled to.

Boy, am I going to meet each regs of this NG one quarrel
at a time?

*Amy places herself on guard duty*
---------------------------
Regards,

Artman
---------------------------

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
SONIC FAN babbled:

You said you wanted to know why we think SONIC FAN is horrid, Artman.
Here you go. So turn up the Green Day, get some Mountain Due, and
read your SONIC FAN!
P.S. Bulmer, if you are on this Newsgroup still, do you still think
SONIC FAN is just a facade?

Louis J.M

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In article <19991214122314...@ng-cu1.aol.com> ,
yash...@aol.com.sucks (Miyasha) wrote:

> Artman wrote:
>
>>Raz Masters wrote in message
>><19991213080203...@ng-cj1.aol.com>...
>>
>>>Before I begin responding to this, I would simply like to let you
>>>know the following: you are an idiot.
>>

> are getting all the rarer. However, if you can't

> handle criticism and the fact that other people
> have ane cherish opinions different that yours,
> well, that doesn't say much for the type of

> PERSON you are. Similiarily, you made your
> opinion and word a hellva not less credible
> by screaming everywhere about it. Just thought
> you ought to know.
>
> Ta now.
>
> ~Miyasha

Oh, don't mind her. She's always like this. She hates sex too.

No wait; that's Raz...

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _
\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Lou...@BellSouth.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
/ \-'~; /~~~(O)----------------------------------------------------
/ __/~| __/ | "If you can't make it good. At least make it look
==(______| (_________| good." - Bill Gates

Louis J.M

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In article <19991214233346...@ng-fd1.aol.com> ,
yash...@aol.com.sucks (Miyasha) wrote:

> I'll change my mind when you give me reason to.
> With me, what you say and do, how you conduct
> yourself... that is what makes up my opinion of
> a person. Remember, actions speak louder than
> words, and they also paint a picture. What I'm
> seeing ain't pretty. So, in the future, I'd be a bit
> more careful with tact, manners, politeness and
> how you present yourself.
>
> ~Miyasha

[Louis holds up a sign. It reads:]

"Usenet is just a bunch of text on a white screen. Get a life."

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \ E-Mail: Lou...@BellSouth.net
( ) O _ WWW : Coming Soon!
\_/-, ,----' // -----------------------------------------------------
==== ___// "No, the best way to prepare is to write programs,and
/ \-'~; /~~~(O) to study great programs other people have written.
/ __/~| __/ | In my case,I went to the garbage cans at the computer
==(______| (_________| Science Center and fished out listings of their
operating system." - Bill Gates

Artman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Louis J.M wrote in message ...
>In article <19991214122314...@ng-cu1.aol.com> ,

>Oh, don't mind her. She's always like this. She hates sex too.
>
>No wait; that's Raz...

Listen, while I apreciate your attempt to defend a newbie,
I will not endorse your behavior. Don't be rude.

----------------------------
Regards,

Artman
----------------------------

Coyote Calhoun

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Wed, 15 Dec
1999 04:52:37 GMT by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers and
shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent Artman for an
update...

> Boy, am I going to meet each regs of this NG one quarrel
> at a time?

Welcome to our big, rarely happy, extremely dysfunctional family, Art.

/|
_/ V|
/ ' | James "Coyote" Calhoun
/_, (
| \ Wielder of the Almighty Clue-By-Four (tm)
/ \ http://fade.to/back_alleys
/ | ICQ# 57417425
/ / coy...@dangerous-minds.com
/ |
| | |
_\ /| \________________________________________________

Coyote Calhoun

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Tue, 14 Dec
1999 23:29:14 -0500 by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers
and shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent SONIC FAN
for an update...

> Happy to oblige!
> Episode 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog's Ultimate Adventures is coming soon to
> this NG.
> Not relly soon though, maybe in a month or 2
> With 99% more Robotnik Show and 110% less Crossfire guys!
>
> STHUA #2: "Robotnik's Big Break"

[blinks]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[jumps out the window]

Coyote Calhoun

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Wed, 15 Dec
1999 07:16:05 GMT by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers and
shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent Artman for an
update...

> Listen, while I apreciate your attempt to defend a newbie,
> I will not endorse your behavior. Don't be rude.

Just ignore Louis. He's the resident parasite who tries (note that key
word, "tries") to get on Raz and Miyasha's nerves. No one else really
gives a rat's ass about him, so neither should you.

Artman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Liam Slater wrote in message <833l7e$rt7$3...@gxsn.com>...
>But don't you think the voice sounds like Leonardo from Teenage Mutant Hero
>Turtles.

Sonic's voice could have been better done, I'll admit...

>I think Robotnik was good in SA, he showed how easily he can turn on/forget
>about allies (Chaos).

no comment here... Still I will like to see him harm someone
or at least accomplish something.

>> Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
>> Supporting character? More like a cheerleader if
>> you ask me. He doesn't get anything done. He's

>> worse than the 60's Robin from Batman. If you read
>> Batman comics today, you'll find that it's Robin who
>> saves Batman or give him support.
>

>He had a LOT more than he has had before.

Okay, Tails has a bigger role, but they made it in a wrong way.
Now he stands for himself and has little to do with Sonic. I wanted
equal partnership! I didn't ask them to break the duo!!!

>> Knuckles, the rival:
>> Done that right, I like the red guy.
>

>Except he wasn't interested in the Chaos Emeralds much.

Well you can do only do so much with that...

>> Amy, the female alter-ego to Sonic:

>> Amy who? Oh, you mean this pink thing we see in between

>> scenes! I mistook her for a piece of the background...
>

>Well she was origionally less than that even (Sonic CD)

I hope she gets better as the games and comics goes on.

>I think it's best with a small band of FFs like Fleetway, not too many to
>take the spotlight but enough to make it interesting.

I can't comment about what I don't know

>Chaos Unleashed WILL be dangerous (One of the Fleetway FFs will be
>killed/seveirly injured)

"Ask and you shall receive!!!"

-------------------------------------
Regards,

Artman
-------------------------------------

Artman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
You know, I thought I knew fear...

------------------------
Artman
------------------------

Dean Rivers

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Coyote Calhoun <coy...@dangerous-minds.completelooney> wrote in message

> Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Wed, 15 Dec
> 1999 04:52:37 GMT by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers and

> shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent Artman for an
> update...
>
> > Boy, am I going to meet each regs of this NG one quarrel
> > at a time?
>
> Welcome to our big, rarely happy, extremely dysfunctional family, Art.

*Dean overhears*

Family, eh? Wait a sec... just got to get some props.

---------------------------
[INTERMISSION]
---------------------------

*Dean walks up to Artman and Coyote with a black mask, and a fluorescent
green Clue-by-Four emanating a weird hum*

*Dean puts on black mask, speaks in husky voice, holding lightsabre-like
Clue-by-Four*
Artman: I am your father.

*still with black mask on and speaking in weird voice, Dean turns to Coyote*
Coyote, you forgot my Clue-by-Four. Burn it when you feel fit to.

*Dean passes a clue-by-four to Coyote*
And Coyote: I am your father.

*Dean then collapses on the floor, evidently drunk*

--
Dean Rivers

My Fact-o-stuff:

I am now playing: Crash Team Racing (PSX)
I now look like: Anthony Hamilton without a bald patch
My current mood is: Squiffy

Dean Rivers

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
The Chaos Emerald <chao...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

> In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
> SONIC FAN babbled:
> >
> >Episode 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog's Ultimate Adventures is coming soon to
> >this NG.
> >Not really soon though, maybe in a month or 2

> >With 99% more Robotnik Show and 110% less Crossfire guys!
> >
> >the SONIC FAN homepage
> >http://members.xoom.com/SONIC_FAN/
>
> You said you wanted to know why we think SONIC FAN is horrid, Artman.
> Here you go. So turn up the Green Day, get some Mountain Due, and
> read your SONIC FAN!
> P.S. Bulmer, if you are on this Newsgroup still, do you still think
> SONIC FAN is just a facade?

I finally got round to reading the SONIC FAN and Gonterman MiSTs you
mentioned, CE. Gonterman's story was much better than SONIC FAN's - although
I am comparing two big piles of rubbish.

I severely hope that SONIC FAN is a facade - it surely can't be possible (in
real life) for someone to be so pathetic and stupid.

--
Dean Rivers, holder of (nearly) all the StC mags and afraid to use them

"You'll never make it as a pirate, Simpson. Does ee know why?"
"N...no...cap'n..."
"'Cause I be going to kill you!"

"He liketh the newbies whom speaketh their minds,
But the dumb devoid newbies get a kick up behinds."

StHJJ1 Son+ Tal+++ Bun++ Ant+++i^ Dul- Sal+ Snv++ Simpson+++^ P+ Dfp{h}[h]
$+++ E27 E-23 Ay83 Coen

Coyote Calhoun

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Wed, 15 Dec
1999 14:46:41 -0000 by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers
and shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent Dean Rivers
for an update...

> I severely hope that SONIC FAN is a facade - it surely can't be possible (in
> real life) for someone to be so pathetic and stupid.

If Sonicfan is writing that stuff as a joke, the joke got old a
looooooong time ago.

Artman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Liam Slater wrote in message <838mr5$a2e$5...@gxsn.com>...

>Raz is one of the longest members of AFSH so don't insult her or the whole
>NG will be at your throat.

I have settled my differences with Raz in the "in the futur" trend.
According to
the time that you posted this post, I am suprised that you still think that
there's
something going on between us.

Now, since you've put some arguments down, I will answer to them, but I will
overlook any ancient reminders of my quarrel with Raz.

>There's a lot more to Sonic than saving the day, Sonic is a complex
>charecter with a lot that could have been gotten wrong, and in the case of
>Archie they did, Sonic would maybe work with a few friends but not a band
of
>them for example.

I personally prefer to have Sonic work with just one allie at a time:
Sonic/Tails (most of the time) Sonic/Knuckles Sonic/Amy but apparently
Archie, being based on the SatAM show, likes Sonic as a team member.
Wich, when you think of it, isn't that bad either! I mean, only then you
can
truly see how carefree the hedgehog really is!

>I thought he was killed off for about a year or two then Eggman was brought
>in as a new charecter, and no Beast Wars is a bad comparison as they are
>like Archie, a band of good guys, not a lone few.

Go beyond the number of good guys/bad guys. What I meant was in Beast
Wars, sometimes (oftenly, actually) the bad guys wins. Now, I didn't say
that Beast Wars was better than Sonic or that I prefer them to the Blue
Blur.
I was merely suggesting that Robotnik/Eggman would win every once in
awhile. And for the record, I like Robotnik as a Mad Scientist.

>In SegaSonic he ([TAILS ]-art) spends a lot of the time admiring Sonic,

which is why in
>Sonic 2 and 3 he followed Sonic everywhere.

As far as the Tails problem goes, I wanted for him to have more importance
and you know
what Sega does? They seperated him from Sonic. Now, what I really wanted
was for him
and Sonic to work together and share the action equally.

>Amy is NOT the alter-ego of Sonic, she has a mad crush on Sonic, she is
>slow, likes cute, need I go on?

Hum... touche. Nevertheless, I would like to see her take a more active
role in the futur.
I mean, she is still the first female character introduced to the serie...

Any question regarding my already-forgoten quarrel? Read the "In the
futur..." trend just down the
page.

You make a mean argument Liam, the ball is on your court...

-----------------------------------
Regards,

Artman
-----------------------------------

Coyote Calhoun

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Wed, 15 Dec
1999 13:15:12 -0000 by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers
and shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent Dean Rivers
for an update...

> > Welcome to our big, rarely happy, extremely dysfunctional family, Art.

> *Dean overhears*
>
> Family, eh? Wait a sec... just got to get some props.

Er...?

> ---------------------------
> [INTERMISSION]
> ---------------------------
>
> *Dean walks up to Artman and Coyote with a black mask, and a fluorescent
> green Clue-by-Four emanating a weird hum*

...the hell?

> *Dean puts on black mask, speaks in husky voice, holding lightsabre-like
> Clue-by-Four*
> Artman: I am your father.

Oh please. That joke is so old Moses signed its death certificate.

> *still with black mask on and speaking in weird voice, Dean turns to Coyote*
> Coyote, you forgot my Clue-by-Four. Burn it when you feel fit to.
>
> *Dean passes a clue-by-four to Coyote*

Okay. Uh, why the hell is it glowing... you didn't leave this thing near
Louis' house, did you?

> And Coyote: I am your father.

Oh, you are not. Eat paste and die.

> *Dean then collapses on the floor, evidently drunk*

MARK! [points to Dean] LUNCH!

Liam Slater

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

> In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
> Miyasha babbled:
> >Chaos Emerald wrote:
> >
> >>Yes, Sonic has lots of emotional problems devloping relationships in

> >>Archie. Say Raz, where did the "Sonic is afraid of water" come from?
> >>And is it SegaSonic? If it is... I'd be very happy.
> >
> > Although I'm not Raz, I think I'll answer
> >you anyway. I think, in the Japanese Sonic
> >2 manual, it says that Sonic's afraid of water.
> >It DOES say that in Segasonic somewhere,
> >and I think the reason's because Sonic can't
> >swim.
>
> *pouts I WANTED RAZ!!!!*
> Actually, I think it is because Sonic's family died drowning when
> Sonic was a little child. This caused Sonic to have problems
> developing relationships with others, being scared that they will be
> lost. I particularly like the idea that Sonic is fighting against
> Chaos, who is made completely out of water in Sonic Adventure.

SegaSonic never revealed how he was orphaned and Chaos was water as that
allowed him to change shape easily.

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk
Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

Poirot: "Hello. I am Poirot. Le pompt de pompt le solve de crime!"

-Digitiser

Liam Slater

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

> In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
> Artman babbled:
>
> >Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know
> >the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the
> >Sonic world, based on the video game wich
> >is the source and inspiration of anything else
> >Sonic, the cast goes as follows:
> >
> >Sonic, main hero:
> > they got that right
>
> Yes, Sonic has lots of emotional problems devloping relationships in
> Archie. Say Raz, where did the "Sonic is afraid of water" come from?
> And is it SegaSonic? If it is... I'd be very happy.

It comes from it (he can't swim so it's not too great a step).

> >Robotnick, main villan:
> That's "Robotnik". Also, _I_ (though not everyone) prefers to call
> the SegaSonic version "Eggman"
> > hard not to miss although he doesn't pose a real
> > threat in my opinion. What I consider a threat is
> > something like Megatron, from Beast Wars.
> > Someone that wins 50% of the time.
>
> Robotnik poses more of a threat then Eggman. At least Robotnik has
> the entire city where as Eggman has... insanity. Robotnik wins
> (usually) and Eggman loses (ALWAYS).

Fleetway is a nice mix, he wins some, he loses some. (in #7-8 he took over
all of Mobius, he's also took over Miracle Planet, built an army of
Metallixes, launched the Death Egg and become a god. Also he had the Miracle
Planet's takeover erased from history, his metallixes turned on him, the
Death Egg was destroyed, Mobius was taken away from him (after 93 issues)
and he was tricked into a position where his chaos powers were removed)

> >Tails, MAIN SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
> > Supporting character? More like a cheerleader if
> > you ask me. He doesn't get anything done. He's
> > worse than the 60's Robin from Batman. If you read
> > Batman comics today, you'll find that it's Robin who
> > saves Batman or give him support.
>

> Can't comment on the early 60s Batmans, but Miles is NOT a "main
> supporting character". He is his own character with his own problems
> *cough*SonicAdventure*cough*.

I like Tails being more independant now, he still needs Sonic and will
always look up to him but he shouldn't follow him EVERYWHERE.

> >Knuckles, the rival:
> > Done that right, I like the red guy.
>

> Though he's done well in Archie, he IS NOT done in a SegaSonic
> fashion. The whole "echidna band" and stuff is getting out of hand,
> and you don't see Knuckles guarding the emerald enough (since that is
> all he is supposed to do). Oh well, I don't think the following would
> be a very nice comic:
>
> Knux sleeps
> Knux wakes up
> Knux watches the emerald for 3 pages
> Knux takes a piss
> Knux watches the emerald for 3 more pages
> Knux eats
> Knux watches the emerald for 3 more pages
> Knux goes to sleep

He does pretty well in Fleetway on his own.

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk
Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

EXT. CAVE - ALIEN PLANET
SPOCK: Captain, I do not wish to alarm you unduly, but there is something on
your face.
KIRK: My god... Spock... what is... it? What is... it?!? Get it... off...
before... it... kills... me...
SPOCK: That is unlikely, Captain. I believe it is nothing more than some
toothpaste resulting from your careless brushing this morning.
KIRK: I... hate... you... so... much.

-The Man, Star Trek XIII scipts, Digitiser (4)

Liam Slater

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

SONIC FAN <sonic...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> In article <Kb054.8320$fy1...@tundra.ops.attcanada.net>,
> artm...@DeepSpaceNine.com says...
>
> > Thank you
>
> Happy to oblige!
> Episode 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog's Ultimate Adventures is coming soon to
> this NG.
> Not relly soon though, maybe in a month or 2

> With 99% more Robotnik Show and 110% less Crossfire guys!
>
> STHUA #2: "Robotnik's Big Break"

SHIT, when did you get back.
coyote, I think this deserves a temporary reinstatement of clue-by-fours to
eradicate the evil one.

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk
Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

"Don't knock the Soviet Union: if Alexy Pajitnov hadn't been a starving,
vodka-soaked beetroot farmer he'd have never had the incentive to programme
Tetris. PLEASE NOTE: It is unknown whether Alexy Pajitnov was a starving,
vodka-soaked beetroot farmer."

-Digitiser

Liam Slater

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

> Louis J.M wrote in message ...
> >In article <19991214122314...@ng-cu1.aol.com> ,
>

> >Oh, don't mind her. She's always like this. She hates sex too.
> >
> >No wait; that's Raz...
> >
> Listen, while I apreciate your attempt to defend a newbie,
> I will not endorse your behavior. Don't be rude.

No Louis is being an A-R-S-E-H-O-L-E as always and you can't stop people
being rude, esp if you have aswell.

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk
Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

"Going swimming? Follow the Mr T code of conduct:
* Don't run
* Don't drown other kids
* Don't wear gang colours
* Don't act the fool
* DON'T SPLASH MR T"

-Mr T, Digitiser

Liam Slater

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

> Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Tue, 14 Dec
> 1999 23:29:14 -0500 by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers

> and shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent SONIC FAN
> for an update...
>
> > Happy to oblige!
> > Episode 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog's Ultimate Adventures is coming soon to
> > this NG.
> > Not relly soon though, maybe in a month or 2
> > With 99% more Robotnik Show and 110% less Crossfire guys!
> >
> > STHUA #2: "Robotnik's Big Break"
>
> [blinks]
>
> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> [jumps out the window]

*Grabs the clue-by-four left behind*
I'll give it back when he's gone.

[ssssssssssssh-WHACK!!]
[ssssssssssssh-WHACK!!]
[ssssssssssssh-WHACK!!]
[ssssssssssssh-WHACK!!]

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk
Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

INT. BEN KENOBI'S HOUSE. DAY
DARTH VADER JNR: Will you train me to be a Jedi, please?
BEN KENOBI: Sssh! I'm trying to watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Now
look - I've missed the answer.
DARTH VADER JNR: I'm going to turn to The Dark Side now.
BEN KENOBI: You're not changing the channel, you little idiot.

-The Man, Episode 1 scipts, Digitiser (3)

Liam Slater

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Allison Fleury <pfl...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> Artman <artm...@DeepSpaceNine.com> wrote in message

> > Okay some of you may have forgoten -I know
> > the guys at Sega and Archie have- but in the
> > Sonic world, based on the video game wich
> > is the source and inspiration of anything else
> > Sonic, the cast goes as follows:
>
> >>snip<<
>
> Well...there aren't too many Segasonic fanfics out there...
> Most people (including moi) write about SatAM...however, you could try
look
> at the Sonic HQ for some: http://www.emulationzone.org/sonichq/ or TsF:
> http://www.sonicfoundation.org/

That's why I'm needed, who else will yopu get Fleetway fanfics from?

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk
Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

Poirot: "Hello. I am Poirot. Le pompt de pompt le solve de crime!"

-Digitiser

Liam Slater

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Dean Rivers <d...@nrivers.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> The Chaos Emerald <chao...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

> > In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
> > SONIC FAN babbled:

> > >Episode 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog's Ultimate Adventures is coming soon to
> > >this NG.
> > >Not really soon though, maybe in a month or 2

> > >With 99% more Robotnik Show and 110% less Crossfire guys!
> > >
> > >the SONIC FAN homepage
> > >http://members.xoom.com/SONIC_FAN/
> >
> > You said you wanted to know why we think SONIC FAN is horrid, Artman.
> > Here you go. So turn up the Green Day, get some Mountain Due, and
> > read your SONIC FAN!
> > P.S. Bulmer, if you are on this Newsgroup still, do you still think
> > SONIC FAN is just a facade?
>
> I finally got round to reading the SONIC FAN and Gonterman MiSTs you
> mentioned, CE. Gonterman's story was much better than SONIC FAN's -
although
> I am comparing two big piles of rubbish.
>
> I severely hope that SONIC FAN is a facade - it surely can't be possible
(in
> real life) for someone to be so pathetic and stupid.

After about nine such Sonic fanfics, I doubt it more than Louis'
intelegance.

--
Liam Slater
lsg...@uk.dreamcast.com, li...@afsh.co.uk
Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

"Everyone enjoys watching TV, but remember these important rules:
* Don't watch too much TV
* Don't break the TV
* Don't watch after the 9pm watershed
*DON'T change the CHANNEL when Mr T is WATCHING Drop The Dead DONKEY"

-Mr T, Digitiser

Mark Whickman

Mark Whickman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Miyasha wrote in message <19991214233346...@ng-fd1.aol.com>...

>Artman wrote:
>
>*Still in that half-daze you get from playing 'net
>Deathmatches through QII, UT, etc*

I love that adrenalin enhanced stupor, better than an artificial high
anyday.

I have just played a 32 player lan game of Q2 and won by a comfortable
margin, I am now the college champion and I still use the keyboard

Mark Whickman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Coyote Calhoun wrote in message ...

>Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Wed, 15 Dec
>1999 04:52:37 GMT by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers and
>shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent Artman for an
>update...
>
>> Boy, am I going to meet each regs of this NG one quarrel
>> at a time?
>
>Welcome to our big, rarely happy, extremely dysfunctional family, Art.

*Various members twitch and growl*

Mark Whickman

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Coyote Calhoun wrote in message ...
>Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Wed, 15 Dec
>1999 13:15:12 -0000 by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers

>and shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent Dean Rivers
>for an update...
>
>> > Welcome to our big, rarely happy, extremely dysfunctional family, Art.
>>
>> *Dean overhears*
>>
>> Family, eh? Wait a sec... just got to get some props.
>>

>Er...?
>
>> ---------------------------
>> [INTERMISSION]
>> ---------------------------
>>
>> *Dean walks up to Artman and Coyote with a black mask, and a fluorescent
>> green Clue-by-Four emanating a weird hum*
>>

>...the hell?
>
>> *Dean puts on black mask, speaks in husky voice, holding lightsabre-like
>> Clue-by-Four*
>> Artman: I am your father.
>>

>Oh please. That joke is so old Moses signed its death certificate.
>
>> *still with black mask on and speaking in weird voice, Dean turns to
Coyote*
>> Coyote, you forgot my Clue-by-Four. Burn it when you feel fit to.
>>
>> *Dean passes a clue-by-four to Coyote*
>
>Okay. Uh, why the hell is it glowing... you didn't leave this thing near
>Louis' house, did you?
>
>> And Coyote: I am your father.
>
>Oh, you are not. Eat paste and die.
>

>> *Dean then collapses on the floor, evidently drunk*
>
>MARK! [points to Dean] LUNCH!

ruff ruff! CHOMP!
Belch

The Chaos Emerald

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
In the insanity known as alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog,
Liam Slater babbled:

>The Chaos Emerald <chao...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

>> Actually, I think it is because Sonic's family died drowning when
>> Sonic was a little child. This caused Sonic to have problems
>> developing relationships with others, being scared that they will be
>> lost. I particularly like the idea that Sonic is fighting against
>> Chaos, who is made completely out of water in Sonic Adventure.
>
>SegaSonic never revealed how he was orphaned

So? Does that mean we can't hypothesize on how he might have been
orphaned just like we hypothesized on what the Chaos Emeralds are?

>and Chaos was water as that
>allowed him to change shape easily.

They could have just said he was a shapeshifter. Or they could have
chosen Chaos to be made out of Jell-O, and Super Big beats him by
eating him up. To say that he was made out of water just so he could
change shape is very shallow. Things are done for reasons, you know.

Louis J.M

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
In article <VeH54.8805$fy1...@tundra.ops.attcanada.net> , "Artman"
<artm...@DeepSpaceNine.com> wrote:

> Listen, while I apreciate your attempt to defend a newbie,
> I will not endorse your behavior. Don't be rude.

He don't know me very well, do he?

.-~~-.____ Louis J.M
/ | ' \
( ) O _
\_/-, ,----' // E-Mail: Lou...@BellSouth.net
==== ___// WWW : Coming Soon!
/ \-'~; /~~~(O)----------------------------------------------------

/ __/~| __/ | "Drugs are for people who can't handle reality.
==(______| (_________| Reality is for people who can't handle drugs." - ???

Meuriz

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
RGrimes131 writes:

> [...]
>to fly you anywhere you wanted me to! And we have the bi-plane besides!"
>Tails
>says.
>
> "Yeah, I know. I just wanted to try doing it on my own, y'know?"
>
> "I guess I know the feeling. I've always wanted to be heroic like
>you
>on MY own."
>
> "Well you certainly did that today!" Sonic replies, patting Tails on
>the back. "You showed real ingenuity. I'm very proud of you, big guy!"
>
> "Thank you, Sonic."
>
> "I guess I'd better go and explain everything to my pals. Think
>they'll forgive me?"
>
> "Well, you have saved their lives more times than they can count in
>the
>past. I don't think they'll take yours."
>
> And with a hearty laugh, they both go home.

This proves that a good fanfic can be written from the video games (and that it
doesn't have to have the Freedom Fighters in it! YES!).

Coyote Calhoun

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on 16 Dec 1999
04:55:51 GMT by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers and
shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent Meuriz for an
update...

[story snipped]

> This proves that a good fanfic can be written from the video games (and that it
> doesn't have to have the Freedom Fighters in it! YES!).

Just because you don't like the SatAM/Archie universe doesn't mean you
have a right to say that any fanfic with the Freedom Fighters in it is
bad.

Allison Fleury

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
Coyote Calhoun <coy...@dangerous-minds.completelooney> wrote in message

> Our top story tonight: alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog was overrun on Wed, 15 Dec
> 1999 04:52:37 GMT by a group of terrorists brandishing flamethrowers and
> shouting insane ramblings. We now go to our correspondent Artman for an
> update...
>
> > Boy, am I going to meet each regs of this NG one quarrel
> > at a time?
>
> Welcome to our big, rarely happy, extremely dysfunctional family, Art.

C'mon! Group hug, everybody! *hugs newsgroup*

---Ali

"In the year 2000, the letter 'G' will decide its had enough...and force
Kenny G to change his name to Kenny H!"

"Get a grip, man! You're a thumb!"
"You're right! I AM a thumb!"

Cheap plugs include: Art! at tSf:
http://www.sonicfoundation.org/art/fan/fleury/
My Fanfics! at Sonic HQ: http://www.emulationzone.org/sonichq/
And Elfwood!:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/lothlorien/artists/afleury/afleury.htm/
Side7.com:
http://sirkain.erls.com:777/cgi-bin/ADS/SearchBio.pl?LastName=Fleury&FirstNa
me=Allison
Velan Central Library! http://velar.furry.org.au/vcl/Artists/Allison-Fleury/

Mark Whickman

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

Liam Slater wrote in message <8397gv$kmc$1...@gxsn.com>...

>SONIC FAN <sonic...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> In article <Kb054.8320$fy1...@tundra.ops.attcanada.net>,
>> artm...@DeepSpaceNine.com says...
>>
>> > Thank you
>>
>> Happy to oblige!
>> Episode 2 of Sonic the Hedgehog's Ultimate Adventures is coming soon to
>> this NG.
>> Not relly soon though, maybe in a month or 2

>> With 99% more Robotnik Show and 110% less Crossfire guys!
>>
>> STHUA #2: "Robotnik's Big Break"
>

>SHIT, when did you get back.
>coyote, I think this deserves a temporary reinstatement of clue-by-fours to
>eradicate the evil one.

EEEK!

*Grabs a minigun*

Artman

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

Mark Whickman wrote in message <8398c5$h6r$2...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>1 fing, lurn too spel.

Ah Mark, I'm afraid my spelling is only going to get worse...

-------------------
Regards,

Artman
-------------------

Mark Whickman

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

Artman wrote in message ...

>Mark Whickman wrote in message <8398c5$h6r$2...@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>...
>>

>>1 fing, lurn too spel.
>>

>Ah Mark, I'm afraid my spelling is only going to get worse...

*Grabs a dicitionary and inserts it into artmans rectum without use of a
lubricant (!)*

Meuriz

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
>Just because you don't like the SatAM/Archie universe doesn't mean you
>have a right to say that any fanfic with the Freedom Fighters in it is
>bad.

Sorry if that's the impression I presented. It's just that it kind of seems
that people can't do a fanfic without including them. You'd think that they
would at least TRY.

They probably do that because potential readers might expect them to be in the
fanfics. That's a bit of a shame.

Liam Slater

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99

Meuriz <meu...@aol.com> wrote in message

Hello??? Fleetway fanfic writer here. I don't use Sally et al.

SOS (Save our Sectoids) Hasbro has fired the X-Com Genesis team, the heart
and soul of X-Com, please sign the petition
http://www.davenet.co.uk/hasbro.html

Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

EXT. RMS TITANIC II DECK. DAY
ROSE: Look out, Jack - here comes Cal, my evil fiancee whom I recently got
re-engaged to.
JACK: Don't worry, Rose. Ever since I was resurrected, I've been itching for
an opportunity to test my new powers. Watch this...
ROSE: Wow, Jack! You hit Cal over the head with a big plank of wood!
JACK: Yes - he won't be troubling either of us no more.

-The Man, Titanic II scipts, Digitiser (3)

Artman

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99

Meuriz wrote in message <19991217124353...@ng-fg1.aol.com>...

>>Just because you don't like the SatAM/Archie universe doesn't mean you
>>have a right to say that any fanfic with the Freedom Fighters in it is
>>bad.
>>

>Sorry if that's the impression I presented. It's just that it kind of
seems
>that people can't do a fanfic without including them. You'd think that
they
>would at least TRY.
>
>They probably do that because potential readers might expect them to be in
the
>fanfics. That's a bit of a shame.

Well Meuriz, they are some Fleetway/SegaSonic writers out there. You just
got to
find them.

I agree with you, it IS a shame that most writers are influenced by the
SatAm Show.
Now, don't get me wrong. I like the SatAm world better than the SegaSonic's
one.
Why? well the SatAm world was made for story telling, while SegaSonic was
made for a
videogame. (When you write a story about a fox finding a ring monitor on
the floor
for no reason, it takes away the dept of the story)

No. What I don't like about the SatAM, is how they managed their
characters. Apart from
that, SatAM is perfect. Now Archie is going SegaSonic: I'm gonna miss
Bunny Rabbot!!

------------------------------
Regards,

Artman
------------------------------

David Bulmer

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99
In article <8389p7$f5g$3...@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, Dean Rivers
<d...@nrivers.fsnet.co.uk> writes

>> P.S. Bulmer, if you are on this Newsgroup still, do you still think
>> SONIC FAN is just a facade?
>
>I severely hope that SONIC FAN is a facade - it surely can't be possible (in
>real life) for someone to be so pathetic and stupid.

I do still believe Sonic Fan was a facade. It wasn't me, but I wish I'd
thought of it. By the end of the series, things were appearing in his
stories which simply are beyond the abilities of even the most stupid of
lamers. And nobody say "Well, that just shows how STUPID he was,"
because the things he was including just couldn't be conceived by anyone
other than someone trying to parody bad writers. And sometimes the
things he wrote were funny, not just because they were parody but
because they genuinely were, and that's something only a comedian could
have pulled off.
The joke wore a bit thin though. But I don't blame him for
continuing, most people fell for it.

--
David Bulmer

The Sonic Ideal - It ain't over 'till the fat man screams
www.encarnacion.simplenet.com/sonicideal

Meuriz

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
"Artman" wrote:

>I agree with you, it IS a shame that most writers are influenced by the
>SatAm Show.
>Now, don't get me wrong. I like the SatAm world better than the SegaSonic's
>one.
>Why? well the SatAm world was made for story telling, while SegaSonic was
>made for a
>videogame. (When you write a story about a fox finding a ring monitor on
>the floor
>for no reason, it takes away the dept of the story)

I must admit, I never thought of it in that respect. The thing is though, the
SatAm was made (in my opinion) WAY too easy for storytelling. There is hardly
any challenge at all in creating plots for it. When somebody constructs a good
story from the video game itself, now THAT is challenging!

Caroline V. Marett

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
Hey I come from Fleetway world! Fleetway ROCKS!!! Yeah! (I never did like
archie yuck!)

Meuriz <meu...@aol.com> wrote in message

Raz Masters

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
> I must admit, I never thought of it in that respect. The thing
> is though, the SatAm was made (in my opinion) WAY too
> easy for storytelling.
[snip]

Incorrect. The SegaSonic universe is just as "easy." However,
to make a -good- story takes talent in any aspect.

- Raz Masters (Ra...@juno.com)
StHJJ1 Sega+++ Arc+/- WkS++++ tFF++++ Son+++" Sal+++
Knu++++ Amy0 McS++ tWP++ JlS++ Drk+ P++ Dfhwo $++++
Cpc,ps,jg,jp E06 Ee17 Eee27 GF

"... With my eyes on my dreams, I keep walking on ..."

Dean Rivers

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
Caroline V. Marett <cool...@virgin.net> wrote in message

> Hey I come from Fleetway world! Fleetway ROCKS!!! Yeah! (I never did like
> archie yuck!)

Hey, it's nice to have you here and all, but please stop being so happy.
You'll make me smile soon...

But Fleetway is good. How regular a reader are you then?

--
Dean Rivers, holder of (nearly) all the StC mags and afraid to use them

"You'll never make it as a pirate, Simpson. Does ee know why?"
"N...no...cap'n..."
"'Cause I be going to kill you!"

Caroline V. Marett

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
*blushes bright red* Er, I read a lot of issues went up to 115 or something
then stopped! I didnt start reading again until a few months ago now I try
to catch every issue! Ive managed to get 5 issues in a row now. No, 6 I know
cos I read from the time Knuckles and the Ghost ship started, it ended this
issue and was 6 parts. Its a rerun and very long! I m sick of the re-runs.
But I would like them to rerun the story about Supersonic escaping into the
special zone! I hve an old magazine (113 or something) And it has first part
of "Hunter and the Hunted" Supersonic is not very nice! I have first part of
running wild in issue 81

Dean Rivers <d...@nrivers.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Liam Slater

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99

Dean Rivers <d...@nrivers.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Caroline V. Marett <cool...@virgin.net> wrote in message
>
> > Hey I come from Fleetway world! Fleetway ROCKS!!! Yeah! (I never did
like
> > archie yuck!)
>
> Hey, it's nice to have you here and all, but please stop being so happy.
> You'll make me smile soon...
>
> But Fleetway is good. How regular a reader are you then?
>
> --
> Dean Rivers, holder of (nearly) all the StC mags and afraid to use them

I am probably the second most regular reader here, David Bulmers would
probably be a few better than me. I have 1 to now woth one or two missed.

SOS (Save our Sectoids) Hasbro has fired the X-Com Genesis team, the heart
and soul of X-Com, please sign the petition
http://www.davenet.co.uk/hasbro.html

Member of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

"Mr T doesn't want to sound like a killjoy. There are many, many ways to
enjoy yourself without getting into trouble. There are parks and fields
where you can kick a ball. If I ever have to come out there once more and
tell you kids to stop using my garage and bins as a goal, I'm gonna rip you
all a new larynx."

-Mr T, Digitiser

Liam Slater

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99

> *blushes bright red* Er, I read a lot of issues went up to 115 or
something
> then stopped! I didnt start reading again until a few months ago now I try
> to catch every issue! Ive managed to get 5 issues in a row now. No, 6 I
know
> cos I read from the time Knuckles and the Ghost ship started, it ended
this
> issue and was 6 parts. Its a rerun and very long! I m sick of the re-runs.
> But I would like them to rerun the story about Supersonic escaping into
the
> special zone! I hve an old magazine (113 or something) And it has first
part
> of "Hunter and the Hunted" Supersonic is not very nice! I have first part
of
> running wild in issue 81

Reruns should be going out soon. Fleetay's getting better again. The new
editor, Andy Diggles, has rehired Nigle Kitching and given him 10 issues
straight to write! He's put the movie as a competition and picking better
reruns, hopefully he'll bring in more new strips soon.

Dean Rivers

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
Caroline V. Marett <cool...@virgin.net> wrote in message
> *blushes bright red* Er, I read a lot of issues went up to 115 or
something
> then stopped! I didnt start reading again until a few months ago now I try
> to catch every issue! Ive managed to get 5 issues in a row now. No, 6 I
know
> cos I read from the time Knuckles and the Ghost ship started, it ended
this
> issue and was 6 parts. Its a rerun and very long! I m sick of the re-runs.
> But I would like them to rerun the story about Supersonic escaping into
the
> special zone! I hve an old magazine (113 or something) And it has first
part
> of "Hunter and the Hunted" Supersonic is not very nice! I have first part
of
> running wild in issue 81

I wondered how you felt about the re-runs...

Everybody feels the same about the re-runs at the moment, but there could be
something good coming soon.

Nigel Kitching (who hasn't written a new story in a long time as you may
have seen) is returning very soon. In 2 months or so.

Dean

Caroline V. Marett

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
4 your info, hes returning in Issue 175! 4 issues to go!

Dean Rivers <d...@nrivers.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

Caroline V. Marett

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
No more reruns? Yay! Most of them were ones I had already read! The front
stories werent repeated but the shorter stories in the back...
Liam Slater <li...@afsh.co.uk> wrote in message news:83la7d$5fr$5...@gxsn.com...

> Caroline V. Marett <cool...@virgin.net> wrote in message
> > *blushes bright red* Er, I read a lot of issues went up to 115 or
> something
> > then stopped! I didnt start reading again until a few months ago now I
try
> > to catch every issue! Ive managed to get 5 issues in a row now. No, 6 I
> know
> > cos I read from the time Knuckles and the Ghost ship started, it ended
> this
> > issue and was 6 parts. Its a rerun and very long! I m sick of the
re-runs.
> > But I would like them to rerun the story about Supersonic escaping into
> the
> > special zone! I hve an old magazine (113 or something) And it has first
> part
> > of "Hunter and the Hunted" Supersonic is not very nice! I have first
part
> of
> > running wild in issue 81

Dean Rivers

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
Liam Slater <li...@afsh.co.uk> wrote in message news:83la7b$5fr$4...@gxsn.com...

> Dean Rivers <d...@nrivers.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Caroline V. Marett <cool...@virgin.net> wrote in message
> >
> > > Hey I come from Fleetway world! Fleetway ROCKS!!! Yeah! (I never did
> like
> > > archie yuck!)
> >
> > Hey, it's nice to have you here and all, but please stop being so happy.
> > You'll make me smile soon...
> >
> > But Fleetway is good. How regular a reader are you then?
> >

> I am probably the second most regular reader here, David Bulmers would
> probably be a few better than me. I have 1 to now woth one or two missed.

My friends are selling old Fleetway to me, I'll be getting #1 to #65,
meaning (along with the comics I've collected) I'll have missed two since
STC started.

Dean

Dean Rivers

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99

> 4 your info, he's returning in Issue 175! 4 issues to go!

OOH... for my "INFORMATION"!
Ooh.. we don't half talk posh, do we?

Oh... "classified information". I bet you sit on the "set-tee" with your
"scoh-nes" and your "sond-wiches", reading your "classified information".

btw, are you pleased with this news or do you have a virus on your computer
that replaces every full stop with an exclamation mark?

In any case: watch out, there's been a... um... a place beginning with
"B"... a Birmingham, no, erm, oh, yes. There's been a Burnley. No, wait... a
burglary.

____
Dean

Liam Slater

Dec 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/21/99

Dean Rivers <d...@nrivers.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> Caroline V. Marett <cool...@virgin.net> wrote in message
> > *blushes bright red* Er, I read a lot of issues went up to 115 or
> something
> > then stopped! I didnt start reading again until a few months ago now I
try
> > to catch every issue! Ive managed to get 5 issues in a row now. No, 6 I
> know
> > cos I read from the time Knuckles and the Ghost ship started, it ended
> this
> > issue and was 6 parts. Its a rerun and very long! I m sick of the
re-runs.
> > But I would like them to rerun the story about Supersonic escaping into
> the
> > special zone! I hve an old magazine (113 or something) And it has first
> part
> > of "Hunter and the Hunted" Supersonic is not very nice! I have first
part
> of
> > running wild in issue 81
>
> I wondered how you felt about the re-runs...
>
> Everybody feels the same about the re-runs at the moment, but there could
be
> something good coming soon.
>
> Nigel Kitching (who hasn't written a new story in a long time as you may
> have seen) is returning very soon. In 2 months or so.

Counter on www.afsh.co.uk till master Kitching returns.

The Man From R.O.N.

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99

Raz Masters wrote in message
<19991219164926...@ng-fi1.aol.com>...

>> I must admit, I never thought of it in that respect. The
thing
>> is though, the SatAm was made (in my opinion) WAY too
>> easy for storytelling.
>[snip]
>
>Incorrect. The SegaSonic universe is just as "easy."
However,
>to make a -good- story takes talent in any aspect.

I've never seen a good fanfic set in the SegaSonic universe,
it all just seems to be "Sonic ran thru the Green Hill Zone,
found some rings, kicked Eggman's ass, then went home."

Mister Ron Echidna
jar...@lineoneMYPANTS.net
(anti-spam, remove my pants to email me)
********
Ronscape at www.geocities.com/666evilbloke
Sometimes that doesn't work, so try:
www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/monitor/8129/
-------
Official Member of the AFSH Stupid Brigade
Member of the Elite Council of Pointlessness
Sixth Best Member of AFSH
Grand Pourer of the Tea League
AFSH Janitor
---
"He had the shortest straw. But at least the other
two naked people are floating along safely."
- Harbinger

David Bulmer

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
In article <83la7b$5fr$4...@gxsn.com>, Liam Slater <li...@afsh.co.uk> writes

>Dean Rivers <d...@nrivers.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

>> Caroline V. Marett <cool...@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>
>> > Hey I come from Fleetway world! Fleetway ROCKS!!! Yeah! (I never did
>like
>> > archie yuck!)
>>
>> Hey, it's nice to have you here and all, but please stop being so happy.
>> You'll make me smile soon...
>>
>> But Fleetway is good. How regular a reader are you then?
>>
>> --
>> Dean Rivers, holder of (nearly) all the StC mags and afraid to use them
>
>I am probably the second most regular reader here, David Bulmers would
>probably be a few better than me. I have 1 to now woth one or two missed.

I missed one issue once, #169 I think, but I'll get that through
back-issues when I remember. Apart from that, yes, I did get every issue
(including that little eight-page preview issue thing).

So Caroline, fancy talking with Nigel Kitching and the STC
readers? Only, we have a mailing list of our own just for STC that you
can join if you like.

Caroline V. Marett

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
Sure! Whats vthe name of it?
David Bulmer <da...@bulmers.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

KT

Dec 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/24/99
once upon a time in alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog land, The Man From R.O.N.
<jar...@lineoneMYPANTS.net> wrote...

>Raz Masters wrote in message
><19991219164926...@ng-fi1.aol.com>...
>>> I must admit, I never thought of it in that respect. The
>thing
>>> is though, the SatAm was made (in my opinion) WAY too
>>> easy for storytelling.
>>[snip]
>>
>>Incorrect. The SegaSonic universe is just as "easy."
>However,
>>to make a -good- story takes talent in any aspect.
>

>I've never seen a good fanfic set in the SegaSonic universe,
>it all just seems to be "Sonic ran thru the Green Hill Zone,
>found some rings, kicked Eggman's ass, then went home."

That'll be because it's bloody difficult to write a good story
without a substantial supporting cast.
--
Katy Coope

Liam Slater

Dec 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/26/99
> >thing
> >>[snip]
> >>
> >>Incorrect. The SegaSonic universe is just as "easy."
> >However,
> >>to make a -good- story takes talent in any aspect.
> >

> >I've never seen a good fanfic set in the SegaSonic universe,
> >it all just seems to be "Sonic ran thru the Green Hill Zone,
> >found some rings, kicked Eggman's ass, then went home."
>
> That'll be because it's bloody difficult to write a good story
> without a substantial supporting cast.

Maybe after Chaos Unleashed I'll have a go at it.

SOS (Save our Sectoids) Hasbro has fired the X-Com Genesis team, the heart
and soul of X-Com, please sign the petition
http://www.davenet.co.uk/hasbro.html

AFSH reg.
Head of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.

Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

NI!

EXT. CAVE - ALIEN PLANET
SPOCK: Captain, I do not wish to alarm you unduly, but there is something on
your face.
KIRK: My god... Spock... what is... it? What is... it?!? Get it... off...
before... it... kills... me...
SPOCK: That is unlikely, Captain. I believe it is nothing more than some
toothpaste resulting from your careless brushing this morning.
KIRK: I... hate... you... so... much.

-The Man, Star Trek XIII scipts, Digitiser (4)

David Bulmer

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
In article <5zLbhOAS...@coopefamily.demon.co.uk>, KT
<Ka...@coopefamily.demon.co.uk> writes

>once upon a time in alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog land, The Man From R.O.N.
><jar...@lineoneMYPANTS.net> wrote...
>>
>>Raz Masters wrote in message
>><19991219164926...@ng-fi1.aol.com>...
>>thing
>>>[snip]
>>>
>>>Incorrect. The SegaSonic universe is just as "easy."
>>However,
>>>to make a -good- story takes talent in any aspect.
>>

>>I've never seen a good fanfic set in the SegaSonic universe,
>>it all just seems to be "Sonic ran thru the Green Hill Zone,
>>found some rings, kicked Eggman's ass, then went home."
>
> That'll be because it's bloody difficult to write a good story
>without a substantial supporting cast.

The SegaSonic supporting cast is surprisingly large. Tails, Knuckles,
Amy, Eggman, Metal Sonic, etc. And Sonic as well, can't forget him.
People tend to think Sonic is the character you use for speed, agility,
heroic fast-paced action and cocky one-liners, Tails is the one that
follows Sonic around, etc etc. They forget that these characters are
just that - characters. They have actual personalities, their way of
thinking affects their every action, they are not linked to one another
at all - Tails isn't the guy who has to go around with Sonic. He's a
separate person, whose mind can be examined in great detail by any good
Fanfic writer; he does happen to choose to follow Sonic around much of
the time, but that's not who he is. And, where the characters are NOT
fully rounded, a decent writer can fill in the gaps. It takes a good
writer to fill in the gaps so that they fit the character, that's where
the trick is.

KT

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
once upon a time in alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog land, David Bulmer
<da...@bulmers.demon.co.uk> wrote...
<snip>

>>>thing

>>>However,
>>>

>>>I've never seen a good fanfic set in the SegaSonic universe,
>>>it all just seems to be "Sonic ran thru the Green Hill Zone,
>>>found some rings, kicked Eggman's ass, then went home."
>>
>> That'll be because it's bloody difficult to write a good story
>>without a substantial supporting cast.
>
>The SegaSonic supporting cast is surprisingly large. Tails, Knuckles,
>Amy, Eggman, Metal Sonic, etc. And Sonic as well, can't forget him.

True. But there seems be very little things describing how said
characters act... So people will have to make it up. And make it up in a
way that seem right to them and other people. Which is hard.

>People tend to think Sonic is the character you use for speed, agility,
>heroic fast-paced action and cocky one-liners, Tails is the one that
>follows Sonic around, etc etc. They forget that these characters are
>just that - characters. They have actual personalities, their way of
>thinking affects their every action, they are not linked to one another
>at all - Tails isn't the guy who has to go around with Sonic. He's a
>separate person, whose mind can be examined in great detail by any good
>Fanfic writer; he does happen to choose to follow Sonic around much of
>the time, but that's not who he is. And, where the characters are NOT
>fully rounded, a decent writer can fill in the gaps. It takes a good
>writer to fill in the gaps so that they fit the character, that's where
>the trick is.

Exactly. Now, I could make a really naff comment about if you were
building a personality for the characters, you might as well just build
the whole thing... But that a silly argument ^_^
--
KT Coope, Writing a Dark Star part with no idea what to put in....

David Bulmer

Dec 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/28/99
In article <77qbzCAT...@coopefamily.demon.co.uk>, KT
<Ka...@coopefamily.demon.co.uk> writes

>>People tend to think Sonic is the character you use for speed, agility,
>>heroic fast-paced action and cocky one-liners, Tails is the one that
>>follows Sonic around, etc etc. They forget that these characters are
>>just that - characters. They have actual personalities, their way of
>>thinking affects their every action, they are not linked to one another
>>at all - Tails isn't the guy who has to go around with Sonic. He's a
>>separate person, whose mind can be examined in great detail by any good
>>Fanfic writer; he does happen to choose to follow Sonic around much of
>>the time, but that's not who he is. And, where the characters are NOT
>>fully rounded, a decent writer can fill in the gaps. It takes a good
>>writer to fill in the gaps so that they fit the character, that's where
>>the trick is.
>>
> Exactly. Now, I could make a really naff comment about if you were
>building a personality for the characters, you might as well just build
>the whole thing... But that a silly argument ^_^

Well no, you're right - what I was trying to say that if you have to
totally build the characters out of your head, you're not a good writer.
If, on the other hand, you draw from things the characters have said,
the way they have reacted to certain situations in the games etc, and
make their personalities out from _that_, you're a good writer.

Sparf

Jan 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/3/00
Lots of convincing arguments in the past few posts. As for me, I've written
SatAM/Archie fanfics, but never tried one in the SegaSonic universe.
However, does anyone remember the ORIGINAL ad for Sonic 1...it was in EGM,
and was like a 3 page comic detailing how Dr. Kintobor was transmogrified
into Dr. Robotnik (Eggman, though I hate that name), and how Sonic became
blue? I was considering giving it a go with Knuckles, Tails, and Sonic. See,
it was partially Sonic's fault that Robotnik came to be, if I remember
right...
To be truly honest, my writing suffers because of my imagination...I think
the story out in my head, then have no real desire to write it down. I play
with variants on events and such in my head during spare time, but never get
the chance to write them on paper or type them, and they are lost.
I had a SatAM Christmas fic halfway finished, then my imagination ran wild
and I never completed the whole thing.

Alessandro Sanasi

Jan 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/10/00
On 20 Dec 99, li...@afsh.co.uk (Liam Slater) wrote:

> Reruns should be going out soon. Fleetay's getting better again. The new
> editor, Andy Diggles, has rehired Nigle Kitching and given him 10 issues
> straight to write! He's put the movie as a competition and picking better
> reruns, hopefully he'll bring in more new strips soon.

Sorry, but that's not into Andy Diggles power to decide. The decision to
use maily reprints were made by the higher-ups at Fleetway (who want to
"milk the comic for all it's worth with as little cost as possible"), and
as far as I know, Andy also doesn't decide what competitions are put into
the comic...

Bye

Alessandro
---
You get what anyone gets. You get a lifetime.

Liam Slater

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00

Alessandro Sanasi <ty...@deco.franken.de> wrote in message

But he has influence, he's proven himself on 2000AD so the Eggmont (not
Fleetway) people might listen to him.

SOS (Save our Sectoids) Hasbro has fired the X-Com Genesis team, the heart
and soul of X-Com, please sign the petition
http://www.davenet.co.uk/hasbro.html

AFSH reg.
Head of the AFSH Elite Council of Pointless.
Holder of the honoured Digitiser quotes.
Creator of AGX and self appointed maker of the heralded cheese toasties.
Maker of www.afsh.co.uk and the ultimate newbie guide.

Ready to accept EX-Com games.

NI!

"... this is a game that will appeal to only the most patient player. Or
those with reactions dulled by way of a bullet lodged in their brain."

-Digitiser