Sailormoon role in the Live- action Movie

V2484

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

I think Sarah Jessica Parker or Melissa Joan Heart Should play Sailormoon.
Anyone else got suggestions?

MnLtKnight

Oct 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/15/97

Two words: REESE WITHERSPOON!!

MK
(...who will inevitably be disappointed with any other casting choice!) >=/

Richard Gardineer

Oct 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/15/97

V2484 wrote:

> I think Sarah Jessica Parker or Melissa Joan Heart Should play Sailormoon.
> Anyone else got suggestions?

Yeah: any female who's 1.) 13-15 (both actresses mentioned are too old for the
role), 2.) single (SJP is now SJP Broderick), and 3.) Asian (once the Japanese
lobby finds out that Sailormoon originally was set in Japan, and Disney puts in a
Causasian anyway, expect protests galore!).

- Arthur A. gardineer

Rosen

Oct 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/16/97

Zoe Tsukino <*ztsu...@geocities.com*> wrote:
>MnLtKnight wrote:
>> Two words: REESE WITHERSPOON!!
>Two words: TOO OLD!!

Two words: ANGELA LANSBURY!!

Running for cover.

Ake ROSENius (khel...@algonet.se), official sponsor of this .sig
Sailor Moon in Sweden: http://www.algonet.se/~khelatar/moon.html

Danny Howlett

Oct 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/16/97

I disagree on the Asian part for Sailor Moon. I agree that Sailor Moon
is set in Japan, and trust me I don't have anything against Japanese
people, but Serena doesn't look Japanese! She's a typical causcaian girl
(strange hair but still typical). If the charcter is drawn that way she
should be protrayed in the movie the same way. Anybody who lobbies over
this has to get a life, it's not a matter of racism it's a matter that
Sailor Moon doesn't look Japanese. The more it's close to the Anime the
better it will be.

--

-~Danny~

"Then I take myself back to the real world.
High above the bones, the blood, the skin.
And I walk on and smile to myself. Knowing
all the while the power deep within.
And only my eyes tell my age, tell the stories
in the wasteland, in the garden, in my soul."
- Osiris "The Wasteland"

Lovely1045

Oct 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/16/97

> I think Sarah Jessica Parker or Melissa Joan Heart Should play Sailormoon.
>> Anyone else got suggestions?

How about Kirsten Dunst?

Zoe Tsukino

Oct 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/16/97

MnLtKnight wrote:

> Two words: REESE WITHERSPOON!!

Two words: TOO OLD!!

--
Zoe Tsukino (remove the stars before e-mailing)

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/4940/
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9471/

"I'm not crazy, only my other seven personalities are!"

RHPS0410

Oct 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/17/97

>Richard Gardineer (gard...@j51.com) writes:

2.) single (SJP is now SJP Broderick), and

who care if the actress is married their ;personal lives have nothing to do
with it

Richard Gardineer

Oct 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/17/97

Jason Eric Tucker wrote:

> Richard Gardineer (gard...@j51.com) writes:
> >
> > Yeah: any female who's 1.) 13-15 (both actresses mentioned are too old

> >for the role), 2.) single (SJP is now SJP Broderick), and 3.) Asian (once

> >the Japanese lobby finds out that Sailormoon originally was set in Japan,
> >and Disney puts in a Causasian anyway, expect protests galore!).
> >

> Not to nitpick or anything like that, but when was the last time
> you saw a Japanese girl with blue eyes and blonde hair? It ain't gonna
> happen, and I think it is better that way.
>
> -Jason Tucker

Starfox's response, as repeated here:1.) Big, round eyes are simply a
convention of anime; it originalted, ironically, with Disney characters in the
1930's CE (the early Showa era if you're Japanese).
2.) The different hair colors are to color-code the characters, for ease if
identification; the characters themselves, however, are technically brunette.

- Arthur A. Gardineer

Richard Gardineer

Oct 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/17/97

RHPS0410 wrote:

> >Richard Gardineer (gard...@j51.com) writes:
> >>
> 2.) single (SJP is now SJP Broderick), and
>

> who care if the actress is married their ;personal lives have nothing to do
> with it

Yeah, it doesn't matter if you are lusting after a married woman.

- Arthur A. Gardineer

Jason Eric Tucker

Oct 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/17/97

Tuxedo Johnathan

Oct 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/18/97

Richard Gardineer <gard...@j51.com> writes:

>Jason Eric Tucker wrote:

>Starfox's response, as repeated here:1.) Big, round eyes are simply a

>convention of anime; it originalted, ironically, with Disney characters in the
>1930's CE (the early Showa era if you're Japanese).
>2.) The different hair colors are to color-code the characters, for ease if
>identification; the characters themselves, however, are technically brunette.

This may be true, but how many of us SMoonies would recognize Serena/Usagi
or Mina/Minako if they were brunette instead of blonde? Regardless of
their 'technical' hair color, they're blondes, through and through.

(However, I can understand changing Amy/Ami from a bluenette to a
brunette, just because blue hair doesn't look natural on anyone else...And
(if they do the outers) Michiru and Setsuna's hair are gonna need to be
changed.. turquoise and green hair might look great in Anime, but in live
action..<shudder>)

> - Arthur A. Gardineer

@-->--- Tuxedo Johnathan ---<--@
/ Wielder of the RAK, Otaku Warrior \
/ extraordinaire and all-around nice guy \
/---------------------------------------------\
/ * * * * http://www.ualberta.ca/~araja * * * * \
/----------------+--------------------------------\
/ Have you helped | news:alt.fan.sailor-moon \
/ a newbie today? | news:alt.cartoon.reboot \
+-------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Tuxedo Johnathan can be reached for comment at |
| - jwa...@a.stu.athabascau.ca - |
( This .signature (c) 1997, Jokers' Wilde Productions )

Keiichi Morisato

Oct 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/19/97

Richard Gardineer wrote:

> Yeah: any female who's 1.) 13-15 (both actresses mentioned are too old for the
> role), 2.) single (SJP is now SJP Broderick), and 3.) Asian (once the Japanese
> lobby finds out that Sailormoon originally was set in Japan, and Disney puts in a
> Causasian anyway, expect protests galore!).

How many Asian actresses do you know that have long, I mean really long, blonde
hair?

--
Brian Zumbahlen
zumb...@students.uiuc.edu

In the darkest hour, hope springs eternal...
Working Designs is not going to support Sega Saturn anymore. Go to this
page, http://www.techhouse.brown.edu/drgnmstr/lunar/petition/main.html to
find out why, and sign the petition, Please.

Why would anybody have a crush on animated characters?

Because they are cute. Because you can get to know them pretty well
over the course of a series. Because we are all pathetic losers who
didn't date in high school or college and as a result sit at home
alone dreaming of our animated sweetheart. Because we're all quantum
physicists who are each close to the breakthrough that will allow us
to travel to alternate worlds and thus meet the girls that we have
crushes on. Because we are really giant alien spies micronized and
entranced with the beauty of your culture and especially your animated
females. Because compared to the girls living around us anime girls a
really beautiful and intelligent. Because we want to have crushes on
them. Because love, like many things in life, cannot be explained; it
just happens, even toward anime characters. Because we can. Because
alien have programmed us to do so. Because of a government conspiracy.
Because our parents said not to. Because cat girls turn us on, but
it's hard to find a cat girl in real life. Because anime offers us a
fantasy world away from the dull tedium of everyday life and we are
grateful to the girl for that. Because we naturally fall for things
that we know that we cannot have. Because there's nothing wrong with
dreaming. Because we are living in a dream right now and in our real
lives the characters that we have crushes on actually form our own
personal harem. Because it's so hard to find the right person in life
but often the characters in anime are exactly what you would think that
the right person for you would be. Because anime people are cooler than
we could ever hope to be. Because we are all dorky teenagers and in anime
they get all the cute girls.

"How the hell am I suppose to fix a busted water main with a roll of
duck tape?!" Mousse yelled as he leapt to his feet.
Cologne looked up at him, suddenly seeming very mysterious and
powerful. "You do not have faith in the powers of the duck tape, do you
boy?"
Unnerved by the old woman's forceful comment, Mousse took a step
back.
"Do not underestimate the power of what I have given you boy...for in
your hands, you hold the key to all the universe."
"Im-impossible," Mousse stuttered, taking another step back. "It's
j-just duck tape."
"Just?! Duck tape it is boy," Cologne continued, eyes narrowed, body
straight, speaking with the wisdom of the ages. "But it is much more
then that...for you see: duck tape is much like the Force. There is
both a light side and a dark side. Both enfold you in their grasp, and
both serve to hold the universe together."
Mousse looked amazed; with reverence, he stared at the roll in his
hand. "I-I-I never...imagined it could be thus..."
"Of course not," Cologne continued. "'May the Force be with you,'
sounds a whole lot better then, 'may you be covered in duck tape.' Now
get to work."
{Mousse and Cologne from Ranma .05 :Vol 2, Part 5}

Jennifer Wand

Oct 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/20/97

Two Words: Me!

Oh, wait...

--Jen just got off the phone with Mark... the fandub is in the hands of
the Postal Service, winging its way toward Nikki!!!! (The oh-so-reliable
Postal Service... ^_@) :P :)
@___@ || epo...@ccs.neu.edu * http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/eponine *
//@_@\\ || (.../gallery.html for pics .../tux/tuxedo.html for the Shrine)
// o \\ || Long live the meatball headed one! * SOS! * Love conquers all *